users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade Volume 2 - June 2017
Ambuscade Volume 2 - June 2017
First Page 2
 Asura.Theenabler
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Theenabler 2017-06-07 02:28:38  
Starting these to get the discussion out of the version update thread.
By Elazar1 2017-06-07 03:37:35  
Did 2 of these tonight to try it, takes forever to kill, not sure if there's a trick yet to be unable to access your gear on it
 Cerberus.Gillesjboulon
サーバ: Cerberus
user: gilles
By Cerberus.Gillesjboulon 2017-06-07 12:56:06  
you need to be at 20 yalms to equip your gear.
you can't solo AND melee.
By Elazar1 2017-06-07 13:33:49  
Yeah I was doing this thf, brd , and whm takes me about 9mins to kill it on hard.
 Shiva.Jirachi
サーバ: Shiva
user: jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2017-06-07 13:41:18  
I did it twice solo as Monk and White Magewith Trust. (Normal/VeryEasy while testing a few things.)

Aside from just taking forever to kill, it doesn't seem to take any extra damage from Magic/Melee.
However I did notice something.
I entered on Darksday and a Dark Skillchain healed it, so I cast Holy and noticed Holy seemed unresisted.

Maybe the day of the week is linked to his weakness?
By Elazar1 2017-06-07 13:50:22  
Yeah I saw the same it healing up from skillchain, I was wondering about magic damage but you seem to have tried that already. I will play with some else nukes of the same day, see if that does anything
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2017-06-07 13:53:24  
It's probably water damage honestly. It's a slug. I've also seen Distortion heal it and it was Fireday.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-07 13:54:36  
Don't slug NMs normally heal from water damage anyway?
By clearlyamule 2017-06-07 13:56:00  
Assuming you meant level 3 that dark skillchain probably wasn't dealing dark dmg. Skillchains of multiple elements will choose 1 element picking the one the mob is least resistant to or in the case of ties following an order. Mobs with absorption traits almost always have floor resistance to that element (and often the sdts if they have any are ignored as well) to help ensure you will heal it if possible.

And pretty much all enemy slugs are healed by water nm and normal alike. I think the only slugs that don't are jugs
 Shiva.Jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2017-06-07 13:57:18  
I've only tried as White Mage so far, in a bit me and a friend will go in Paladin and Black Mage and spent the entire 30 minutes casting Magic on it after the notifications it gives, see if those change its weakness.
By zaxtiss 2017-06-07 13:57:39  
i'm not at home as of yet to try this but has anyone tried out using RNG's for DD's? slugs are weak to rng's / cor's dagger / polerarm arent they?
 Shiva.Spynx
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-06-07 14:02:36  
zaxtiss said: »
i'm not at home as of yet to try this but has anyone tried out using RNG's for DD's? slugs are weak to rng's / cor's dagger / polerarm arent they?

Where did you find this information? Usually only things with wings are weak to piercing and slugs don't match that (in before someone finds a picture of a winged slug nope)
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-06-07 14:04:00  
zaxtiss said: »
If you mean piercing dmg no. They are however weak to actually being able to wear your equipment so rngs might help.

That said if you are taking the effort to build a pt with tanks and healers and rngs and such why are you doing vol 2? Actually this month again seems like a vol 2 just isn't worth the effort time compared to just doing even a normal vol 1
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-06-07 14:22:50  
Quote:
you need to be at 20 yalms to equip your gear

Solod it on COR earlier. The Aura is definetly "only" 15 yalms wide. Might seem bigger if you run out due to the lingering effect. Couldn't find any obivous damage gimicks. Last Stand, Leaden and self light SCs were performing around a normal "resist" level without anything being boosted.
By Elazar1 2017-06-07 14:33:37  
I had my when just over 22 Yalms and she still had the aura on her.
 Shiva.Jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2017-06-07 14:35:59  
The Aura effect increases after certain points. Difficult to say whether it is as the health goes down, or when it gives notifications.

Difficult when Solo* ^
By Caradog 2017-06-07 14:39:03  
Killed it a few times earlier on D, it seems to spawn 4 leeches on this difficulty, two (blue ones) seem extremely weak to magic and die in a single nuke - the other two taking more to put down (I only had magical damage available at the time)

clearlyamule said: »
Assuming you meant level 3 that dark skillchain probably wasn't dealing dark dmg. Skillchains of multiple elements will choose 1 element picking the one the mob is least resistant to or in the case of ties following an order. Mobs with absorption traits almost always have floor resistance to that element (and often the sdts if they have any are ignored as well) to help ensure you will heal it if possible.

And pretty much all enemy slugs are healed by water nm and normal alike. I think the only slugs that don't are jugs

Yep, absorbed water based nukes as expected

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Quote:

Solod it on COR earlier. The Aura is definetly "only" 15 yalms wide. Might seem bigger if you run out due to the lingering effect. Couldn't find any obivous damage gimicks. Last Stand, Leaden and self light SCs were performing around a normal "resist" level without anything being boosted.

Found the range on the aura altered throughout the fight, not sure as to why but for large periods <50% it was definitely greater than spell casting range

Seems to go through two distinct modes, one where it "tenses up" and the other where its "skin shimmers" - I'm not entirely sure what the effect of these modes were however the latter seemed to cause its aura to kick in.
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-06-07 15:13:29  
Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Quote:

What difficulty and trust setup? I tried on D with August and mages got raped by adds, switched to Amchu who opens with AFA and gets hate just to be rammed down in like 4 hits D: I could play with positioning to have her parry but don't think it would work without trust campaign HP boost. I'll try N

Edit: N is doable but <50% it gets encumberance aura past shooting range so the fights gets really slow(snapshot not kicking in and WSing in ranged gear or other way around). Just going to wait till people figure out how to stop aura or, even better, win vol1
By Teuphist 2017-06-07 18:54:44  
Could be another Puppetmaster dominant fight
By clearlyamule 2017-06-07 19:25:40  
Teuphist said: »
Could be another Puppetmaster dominant fight
Would probably still want something else since 6 adds on aggro is kind of annoying
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-06-07 22:04:14  
Aura was absolutely at 25.0 or closer for me for a large portion of a VD fight on RNG (further out than max shooting range). Really bad fight unless there is a gimmick to be discovered.
 Shiva.Jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2017-06-07 22:24:21  

I got the aura effect to come off, though I am not completely sure how it happened, I hit to stardiver and looked away. I messed up big time guys. ;~;
It happened ~35% HP but hopefully this helps figure out what made the aura come off.
 Carbuncle.Spiketaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Spiketaru 2017-06-07 22:49:15  
In two different attempts on Normal, the slug "began to tense up" when the adds died and then the slug "was tense" when Zeid II MB'd Stun off of a Light SC.

On the third attempt, we tried abusing it by MBing different magicks and it wildly fluctuated between tenseness and glistening.

Furthermore, Arciela I's auto-attack healed the slug, and it reacted with glistening skin.

EDIT: Originally thought it was MB Stun that triggered it, but when we performed MB Stun early (after killing adds), it didn't trigger tenseness. Crazy Theory #1: Once it racks up X amount of damage from skillchains, it gets tense. This count can be depleted by the boss using skills. This would make sense for my group since Zeid II was locking him hard [MBing it keeps him still for so long]. Once it trips that threshold, he's tense. On the run that Zeid II wasn't summoned, we couldn't seem to get him tensed up.
 Lakshmi.Odude
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: tdh004
By Lakshmi.Odude 2017-06-08 00:52:42  
Carbuncle.Spiketaru said: »
In two different attempts on Normal, the slug "began to tense up" when the adds died and then the slug "was tense" when Zeid II MB'd Stun off of a Light SC.

On the third attempt, we tried abusing it by MBing different magicks and it wildly fluctuated between tenseness and glistening.

Furthermore, Arciela I's auto-attack healed the slug, and it reacted with glistening skin.

EDIT: Originally thought it was MB Stun that triggered it, but when we performed MB Stun early (after killing adds), it didn't trigger tenseness. Crazy Theory #1: Once it racks up X amount of damage from skillchains, it gets tense. This count can be depleted by the boss using skills. This would make sense for my group since Zeid II was locking him hard [MBing it keeps him still for so long]. Once it trips that threshold, he's tense. On the run that Zeid II wasn't summoned, we couldn't seem to get him tensed up.
I was wondering about the Magic Burst angle myself. In each of my last 3 runs, I've seen the "Your foe is tense" message in the log shortly after a Flash MB.

But I also ran the fight as SAM spamming Light Skillchains. The Aura subsides after triggering "Your foe is tense" and damage spiked. Double Light Skillchains did 50k and then 99k.
 Carbuncle.Spiketaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Spiketaru 2017-06-08 01:27:27  
Lakshmi.Odude said: »
Carbuncle.Spiketaru said: »

I was wondering about the Magic Burst angle myself. In each of my last 3 runs, I've seen the "Your foe is tense" message in the log shortly after a Flash MB.

But I also ran the fight as SAM spamming Light Skillchains. The Aura subsides after triggering "Your foe is tense" and damage spiked. Double Light Skillchains did 50k and then 99k.
Yeah, after he's tense, you give him the muscle relaxers aka the good ***aka Fudofudofudofudo
By Staleyx 2017-06-08 05:01:57  
Could be like the slime. Need to do equal dmg magic/physical then it uses a tp move which takes off aura. Just an idea I have not done vol2 this month yet.
 Shiva.Spynx
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-06-08 08:34:35  
Think it could be something similar like it requires a certain amount of magic damage(nukes/SC) as I went BLU CDC spam last night on D and it started taking really high damage - around x3 - after the "Your foe is tense" message which also caused aura to vanish. I also killed the adds at start if that matters.

Killing time was around 2-3min depending how fast it started taking crazy dmg.
 Lakshmi.Onimenokyo
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Onimenokyo 2017-06-08 17:55:39  
Ok cracked the code.
Kill the yellow leeches 1st with melee or ws dmg.
Then Kill the Blue leeches with Magic.
NM will tense up (takes uber damage) then zerg it.
Took 3xBlu, WHM, BLM, BRD fight is about 1 min on VD

Recommend using magic aoes from blm and blu after the yellow 1s die to clear the blue leeches
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2017-06-09 00:45:35  
Lakshmi.Onimenokyo said: »
Ok cracked the code.
Kill the yellow leeches 1st with melee or ws dmg.
Then Kill the Blue leeches with Magic.
NM will tense up (takes uber damage) then zerg it.
Took 3xBlu, WHM, BLM, BRD fight is about 1 min

Recommend using magic aoes from blm and blu after the yellow 1s die to clear the blue leeches

Great note! I did notice that the Frail Leeches were more susceptible to physical damage, and the Dessicated Leeches were more susceptible to magic damage. I'd like to also mention that you don't have to kill them with their weaknesses in order to trigger the uber damage on Delos; cleaving them all with straight physical, or straight magic, will work as well.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Luckyseven
By Asura.Luckyseven 2017-06-20 15:21:13  
Anyone figured out how to get rid of the Aura?
First Page 2