Windower Won't Start! - Windower V4.3 And The Creators Update

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Windower » News » Windower won't start! - Windower v4.3 and the Creators Update
Windower won't start! - Windower v4.3 and the Creators Update
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 19 20 21
 Fenrir.Aisaka
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Kari
By Fenrir.Aisaka 2017-05-10 01:53:23  
Hook 4.3.0.17, can't use Windows Key for binds at all again.
Is there an archive of previous hooks somewhere? I have a backup of 4.3.0.6 I've been using, where windows key works but doesn't intercept start menu/etc. There was a version at some point that worked perfectly for me previously, but I didn't back it up.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-05-10 01:57:20  
Honestly, the fact that it was working on and off is purely coincidental to begin with. There was one hook that changes something relating to the windows key (4.3.0.10) but it didn't really work, and the rest haven't addressed the behavior.

I'm not entirely sure how to fix it myself, to be honest. The current behavior doesn't make sense to me. I'll look over some discussion about it and look into solutions.
 Shiva.Trumpy
サーバ: Shiva
user: Trumpy3k
By Shiva.Trumpy 2017-05-10 02:12:26  
Ok wasnt sure, I was guessin they both were sposed to act the same, I generally always use a controller, but recently i find myself using the keyboard a bit more cause i just havent plugged the controller in yet lol. I just remembered the macros would stay up when i hit the button and i liked that so i could be moving around at the same time without having to hold macro buttons too.

I am still on the dev version (assuming its the same as live hook/launcher wise now)
Either way my Alt Macros (on keyboard only) is still not working. The macro bar comes up but hitting enter isnt doin anything. Control Macros are normal.

MY windows keybinds were workin again last night, but now it is acting as if i am not pushing the windows key at all and nothing is happening. Man I reallly wish i never did that windows 10 update. I didnt realize it had all these problems with FFXI.
 Ragnarok.Terazuma
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Terazuma 2017-05-10 07:09:18  
I guess this was an unforeseen function of windower, but previously ctrl + esc never brought up the start menu. Now it does. I'm using autohotkey and I set it to not allow ctrl + esc to bring it up, but it doesn't seem to work if XI is active/top program.

Anyone know how to get it working with XI? Currently have:
^Escape::return

I scroll through inventory while holding down ctrl to scroll down/up faster and hit esc so I can exit, so it's a habit thats hard to break
By pobls 2017-05-10 09:28:00  
Morning all! Again, thanks for your time and effort! Just wanted to say that the delay when switching characters using controller is back. It was gone two days ago, can't remember what hook version i was using tho, my apologies. Thanks for all you do for us!
 Asura.Brennski
サーバ: Asura
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2017-05-10 11:19:13  
With the latest Hook and I've had this since 4.3 came out I get some strange keyboard input lag in the chat box on my characters. I tend to always dual box.

I am on Windows 10 but I have been delaying Creators update so I still don't have that.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-10 12:26:02  
Fenrir.Caiir said: »
Hello~
* Proper functionality for "Always Enable Sound".
Is this what we were talking about yesterday or something else?

If it is it's still not working for me, unless I'm doing something wrong.
 Shiva.Malthar
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-05-10 12:44:59  
Here's a video of the freezing issue.

It freezes when you use the controller having a macro tied to AutoHotKey to switch instances.

It doesn't freeze if you use alt-tab.
Freezing Example
 Sylph.Talym
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Talym
By Sylph.Talym 2017-05-10 13:56:12  
Shiva.Malthar said: »
Here's a video of the freezing issue.

It freezes when you use the controller having a macro tied to AutoHotKey to switch instances.

It doesn't freeze if you use alt-tab.
Freezing Example

What kind of controller are you using? I use AutoHotKey to map a button on an Xbox One controller for exactly this purpose, and do not see any delay or freezing like that.
 Shiva.Trumpy
By Shiva.Trumpy 2017-05-10 14:12:22  
I use joytokey to make my left bumper button on my controller alt tab and also dont notice a lag like that. BUT there was a period within all these attempts to fix crap the windows 10 update *** up where i couldnt control the game with a controller for 3-10 seconds after switchin the window. Which was fixed last time i played. Whats happening to you reminds me of what was happenin on my xbox 360 version of FFXI towards the end when I zoned. I would get that pause but about 10 seconds after i zoned.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-05-10 15:02:53  
It's likely to do with how SE creates the device for controllers. I'm not entirely sure how to fix it yet, but I think as a temporary solution you can change "Always Enable Gamepad" to true and it won't happen.
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-05-10 18:50:51  
I use logitech.
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-05-10 18:57:23  
I have "Always Enable Gamepad" on. Let me cycle it to make sure the setting was actually created.

The make/model of the controller is: Logitech Wireless F710. I had to use the xbox wired controller driver hack to get it to work a long time ago.
 Bahamut.Samunai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2017-05-12 09:06:15  
i still see this Topic is mostly about gamepad issues but i dont see anyone addressing my problem ;;

what i've done so far to perhaps eliminate my magicly appeared lag is:

did a Windows update (in the past this made me laggy when it was -ready to install-) - nothing changed

whats in startup: deleted unneeded ***from start up > and thus not running in the background. but hey,... they have ALWAYS been there...so why would that make a difference now?

ran anti-virus: ran 2 anti-virus programs and they both found nothing, ofc.

deleted ALL my temp files i could my hands on - nothing changed

again scanned through my AMD GC program to see if any changes were made, but nothing. and still all is up-to-date.

also, what i expected to maybe be the culprit is Gearswap. everytime i load it (i do it manually, bc i used to crash otherwise upon log=on), i have this 1-2 Freezing which i had NEVER BEFORE.

stuff that lags me now and what did NOT lag me before: avatars, entire area of reisenjima, teleports (HPs/BCNMs/to reisenjima), IN omen, parts of every city (and not even close to where they stock up the npcs for cs). around geo bubbles. you'd think everything glowy but i dont see glowy stuff in cities that make me lag.

again, i did not had this lag before and since a week i do (since my gamepad also got screwed over but i managed to fix that in 10min).

can someone please help me? i want to do omen stuff and im trying to get some stuff from BCNMs with this campaign but truth be told, i am almost unable to do so bc of the lag.

also: im now playing on settings lower than low and still this lag occurs. names off, clipping plane at min (so i usually walk in the dark >.<) and all my effects are off. and still, NOTHING CHANGES.

please halp ;; i don't think i can continue playing like this for much longer (bc my macros dont take action or whatnot and thus DIE bc my cure orso didnt go off in a bcnm ;;)
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-05-12 09:22:12  
Samunai,
Aside from the possibility that your video card is overheating and causing your lag, have you considered forcing the 4.2 exe/hook?

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50802/windower-42-links#3255468
&
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50802/windower-42-links#3255537

Nothing has changed from my end by staying at 4.2
Good luck,
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-05-12 09:29:08  
If you are using a gearswap file with a lot of events registered (using windower.register_event) then that can cause lag when gearswap loads/runs but shouldn't be able to cause crashes.

We can't replicate your problem, so you need to provide a dump or we can't fix it.
https://github.com/Windower/Issues/wiki/Enabling-automatic-crash-dumps

Also, Creators update was pushed for a lot more people yesterday. They're starting the real rollout.
 Bahamut.Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2017-05-12 09:39:00  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
If you are using a gearswap file with a lot of events registered (using windower.register_event) then that can cause lag when gearswap loads/runs but shouldn't be able to cause crashes.

We can't replicate your problem, so you need to provide a dump or we can't fix it.
https://github.com/Windower/Issues/wiki/Enabling-automatic-crash-dumps

Also, Creators update was pushed for a lot more people yesterday. They're starting the real rollout.

thanks you for your answer but nothing on my end changed in my GS files since last week and the week before, so even if i have too many of them events, not sure if thats causing my lag problem. but when i did had the crash upon start-up issues, i just began using GS. but i like using it manually. now i can adjust my char a bit before enable it xD (fps , light/dark etc)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-05-12 09:40:08  
Windows probably ninja updated itself to Creators.

Are you on a laptop?
 Bahamut.Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2017-05-12 09:45:14  
Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Samunai,
Aside from the possibility that your video card is overheating and causing your lag, have you considered forcing the 4.2 exe/hook?

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50802/windower-42-links#3255468
&
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50802/windower-42-links#3255537

Nothing has changed from my end by staying at 4.2
Good luck,

ill look into this tonight. and maybe downgrade to 4.2 . im using 4.3 atm.

also i disabled scoreboard and my lag went down by 30% but its far from so im now experimenting with my addons/plug ins. but this is defo something ill look into <3
[+]
 Bahamut.Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2017-05-12 09:45:33  

Are you on a laptop?

PC. w7
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-05-12 22:44:25  
Crashed on logging out. Edited some gearsets and wanted to save them to the server but crashed instead.

Windows 8, hook 4.3

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8mus3qaassgmcx4/pol.exe.7868.dmp?dl=0
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-05-12 23:06:38  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Crashed on logging out. Edited some gearsets and wanted to save them to the server but crashed instead.

Windows 8, hook 4.3

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8mus3qaassgmcx4/pol.exe.7868.dmp?dl=0

Seems to be an issue with Guildwork, but I can't debug this version (no symbols). I'll look into it.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-05-12 23:13:26  
Ok, figured I post all my crash logs I get now if it helps you guys.
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-05-13 00:50:44  
Bahamut.Samunai said: »

Are you on a laptop?

PC. w7

You shouldn't have two Antivirus running at the same time.

Are you running wireless and have the wired enabled?
Are you running VMWare?
 Shiva.Trumpy
By Shiva.Trumpy 2017-05-13 03:12:39  
I get that lag when running thru a city on both my characters in specific spots. For me its happened on 3 different PCs and ALWAYS in the same spot for at least a couple years. the fountain (where u get sanction in whitegate) and the fountain in west adoulin. Everytime my second non focus character stops on his screen in place and I outrun him so he loses follow. There might be at least 2 other places this happens that I cant think of atm. But I dont think its a windower problem necessarily. When Adoulin came out this didnt happen to me in adoulin or whitegate, but eventually started to occur everytime.

Samunai-- Just out of curiosity are those locations you have that happen at everytime (is it just me?)?
 Fenrir.Aisaka
By Fenrir.Aisaka 2017-05-13 04:01:10  
Has there been any discussion/progress among the devs on the windows key binds issue? Just curious, because we've been on 4.3.0.17 for a while and I don't want to find an alternate way to do my binds. Can understand not wanting to *** with it though, since it seems this version is pretty stable for the majority who don't use the binds.

Shiva.Trumpy said: »
I get that lag when running thru a city on both my characters in specific spots. For me its happened on 3 different PCs and ALWAYS in the same spot for at least a couple years. the fountain (where u get sanction in whitegate) and the fountain in west adoulin. Everytime my second non focus character stops on his screen in place and I outrun him so he loses follow. There might be at least 2 other places this happens that I cant think of atm. But I dont think its a windower problem necessarily. When Adoulin came out this didnt happen to me in adoulin or whitegate, but eventually started to occur everytime.

Samunai-- Just out of curiosity are those locations you have that happen at everytime (is it just me?)?

I don't think that's the problem he's experiencing, but just so you know: You should have your other characters target whoever they are following. When you run through areas like this, your target will get priority for position updates, so you don't get that out-running issue. My follow binds for my alt character tells it to target and follow.
 Shiva.Trumpy
By Shiva.Trumpy 2017-05-13 04:14:41  
I will try the target thing, you know I may have had him target him originally cause of that *** unability to follow someone invisible for the longest time (til SE fixed it). That could quite possibly been when the issue started occurring for me, once i removed the need to lock on when SE fixed that problem. I was merely curious if someone else was having that issue. Its odd to me that a specific location gets lag enough that it would always make the one character lag behind like that. I know there is the water effect there but thats about the only thing i can think of right in those spots that might cause issues.

Having said that now my keyboard bind for alt + control + F8 makes the screen go black and then both FFXIs crash.
 Fenrir.Aisaka
By Fenrir.Aisaka 2017-05-13 05:19:37  
I know there is the water effect there but thats about the only thing i can think of right in those spots that might cause issues.

Specifically talking about Aht Urhgan, the center where the fountain is has a ton of invisible NPCs because they are used for cutscenes. It's a really dumb implementation that just causes a bunch of position lag in that spot. It's likely similar in some other areas, or anywhere with a ton of people probably.
 Bahamut.Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2017-05-13 07:12:39  
Shiva.Malthar said: »
Bahamut.Samunai said: »

Are you on a laptop?

PC. w7

You shouldn't have two Antivirus running at the same time.

Are you running wireless and have the wired enabled?
Are you running VMWare?

i am not having a wireless connection, its wired. if that is what you are asking for.

and i am not sure what VMware is so it aint running :D

and noted on the anti-virus. ill disable one.

i just logged on and still my lag is less now i unloaded scoreboard but its still there. ill see if i can work w/ whats been told ^ before
 Bahamut.Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2017-05-13 07:14:39  
Fenrir.Aisaka said: »
I know there is the water effect there but thats about the only thing i can think of right in those spots that might cause issues.

Specifically talking about Aht Urhgan, the center where the fountain is has a ton of invisible NPCs because they are used for cutscenes. It's a really dumb implementation that just causes a bunch of position lag in that spot. It's likely similar in some other areas, or anywhere with a ton of people probably.

yea i know they placed in WG a bunch of CS npc there but im not having lag there! buttttt if i have my 2nd char on follow, on his screen , my main is rubberbanding. so its almost impossible to /follow in WG bc of that ;; but it has been like this for ages so its not new ^^
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 19 20 21