Windower Won't Start! - Windower V4.3 And The Creators Update

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Windower » News » Windower won't start! - Windower v4.3 and the Creators Update
Windower won't start! - Windower v4.3 and the Creators Update
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21
 Leviathan.Dippity
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Dippy23
By Leviathan.Dippity 2017-05-18 22:05:07  
i'm on windows 7 32 bit and just random time outs. i would love to give some sort of crash dump but i'm not crashing just getting an error 4001 no response from server connection timed out, kicking me back to the character select screen. Sometimes it happens when standing idle doing nothing, sometimes it happens when zoning, and sometimes it runs fine and i have no time outs. I have another character that's running on windows 7 64 bit and isn't getting the timeouts but i do see some lag and if i'm running hulu on firefox in the background, firefox will randomly start not responding then i click on the browser and it'll fix itself. I do not know if any of this is connected but wasn't happening before all the new windower stuff. Sorry if i'm posting in the wrong section and sorry if what's happening to me has nothing to do with windower.
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-05-18 23:08:23  
Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Where?
By wick 2017-05-19 08:27:55  
Hey,
Read this thread and noticed a lot of people are having lag spikes when swapping instances. Has anyone actually found a work around for this specifically? Ive updated everything, hook 4.3.1.1 , windower v 4.3.6337.4608 -dev. Some people rolled back to windower 4.2 that fixed it?

The lag is kinda annoying and if i spam alt-tab i can drop my FPS from 29 to 11.
Cheers
By wick 2017-05-19 08:34:34  
Bahamut.Samunai said: »
omg i do not know what happened, or else i would share it... but my lag is gone! hurray . i hope i can find out what i was so i can share it but atm i do not know what it is. all i know is that my lag was originating from glowing objects (avatars,lamps,ppl w/ AG weapons, teleports etc) .
Would love to know what you did. A lot of people would.
 Shiva.Malthar
サーバ: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-05-19 19:04:25  
I just noticed something, and perhaps this might shed some light on the lag spike when switching instances.

I had WinSpy open and I clicked into it from one of my instances, and the game froze for about 500 miliseconds.

I tried another AlwaysOnTop program, clicked into the game, then clicked out into this window, and guess what? The game froze again for about 500 miliseconds!

Last, I put Notepad++ in AlwaysOnTop mode, clicked into the game, then clicked into Notepad++ and you'd never guess what happened. Yep, the game froze for 500 miliseconds.

Finally, I redid the test with all three programs, but this time, using alt tab from the game instance to the other three instances and the game still froze.

If you use alt-tab from game instance to game instance, the game does not freeze.

I did not try clicking from game instance to game instance (I'm too lazy to mess around with WinControl), but I suspect it still wouldn't freeze.

I hope this helps with debugging the problem.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-05-19 20:41:41  
Odin.Godofgods said: »
Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Where?

do this:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50802/windower-42-links#3255468
and this:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50802/windower-42-links#3255537
By wick 2017-05-19 21:47:33  
Shiva.Malthar said: »
I just noticed something, and perhaps this might shed some light on the lag spike when switching instances.

I had WinSpy open and I clicked into it from one of my instances, and the game froze for about 500 miliseconds.

I tried another AlwaysOnTop program, clicked into the game, then clicked out into this window, and guess what? The game froze again for about 500 miliseconds!

Last, I put Notepad++ in AlwaysOnTop mode, clicked into the game, then clicked into Notepad++ and you'd never guess what happened. Yep, the game froze for 500 miliseconds.

Finally, I redid the test with all three programs, but this time, using alt tab from the game instance to the other three instances and the game still froze.

If you use alt-tab from game instance to game instance, the game does not freeze.

I did not try clicking from game instance to game instance (I'm too lazy to mess around with WinControl), but I suspect it still wouldn't freeze.

I definitely do lag spike going from a game instance to a game instance.
 Shiva.Malthar
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-05-19 22:02:27  
wick said: »
Shiva.Malthar said: »

I definitely do lag spike going from a game instance to a game instance.

Using alt-tab?
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-05-20 16:52:00  

Not entirely sure why.. but it would not download on my xp comp. I was able to dl it on win7 comp and transfer it over tho. Got it working and just loaded it up. So far it seems to be working for xp comp. Cant dl new addons or plug ins since the ip is blocked, but i can deal with that'
By wick 2017-05-20 17:49:56  

Quote:
Using alt-tab?
yep
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-05-22 18:32:26  
So I thought I had updated to the Creators Update, but only just did today. And now I get the "Failed to Initilize FFXI" Direct3D error. Trying to look through things and my FFXI Config screen resolution gets reset so it has no menu resolution and the lowest of the other resolution options. I try to change these in the registry and FFXI config and it just reverts back. I can't change these settings in Windower (it shows 0x0 and if I try to change this it resets back to 0). I'm using the Windower.exe Byrth has in the OP, and updated with whatever Windower automatically updates with since switching to the -dev version.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-05-22 20:57:21  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
So I thought I had updated to the Creators Update, but only just did today. And now I get the "Failed to Initilize FFXI" Direct3D error. Trying to look through things and my FFXI Config screen resolution gets reset so it has no menu resolution and the lowest of the other resolution options. I try to change these in the registry and FFXI config and it just reverts back. I can't change these settings in Windower (it shows 0x0 and if I try to change this it resets back to 0). I'm using the Windower.exe Byrth has in the OP, and updated with whatever Windower automatically updates with since switching to the -dev version.

I', having this same issue on my older PC. That PC is also on the most current windower 4.3 and it did update to creators when i booted it up yesterday. I'm getting d3d intital error and 0x0 on resolution in windower; What's the workaround?

There's a post on AH about going into config to reset the resolution, loading up pol w/out windower then loading up windower.

I tried that but the resolution is still set to 0x0 haven't had much time to experiment beyond that as it is on my old PC. My main PC is still fine.

Any tips on this?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-05-22 21:23:33  
Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
There's a post on AH about going into config to reset the resolution, loading up pol w/out windower then loading up windower.

I just did this myself and got the same error as before, so it had no effect on me. Think next test will be making a separate profile in case the default profile is what's messing with it.

Edit: Creating a new profile still locks the resolution setting in Windower at 0's, and I think Windower loading in a 0x0 resolution setting is the issue at hand here. But I'm not a programmer.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-05-22 23:17:42  
Doing a full reinstall, will let you know results. Could be until tomorrow as it's late.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-05-23 02:06:38  
I just reverted to before the Creators Update, things are working fine. So just don't update until Windower 5, got it.
 Asura.Tronian
user: Tronian
By Asura.Tronian 2017-05-23 02:13:52  
Can I ask how do you revert to before creators update? you need a restore point created?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-05-23 02:15:25  
Asura.Tronian said: »
Can I ask how do you revert to before creators update? you need a restore point created?

Nope! Go to settings -> Update and Security > Recovery

2nd option is revert to previous version of Windows.
 Asura.Tronian
user: Tronian
By Asura.Tronian 2017-05-23 02:31:44  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Asura.Tronian said: »

Nope! Go to settings -> Update and Security > Recovery

2nd option is revert to previous version of Windows.

Ok thanks, I will try it. :)
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-05-23 08:47:00  
Full reinstall didnt work.

Checked winver and windows is same version on both pcs and windower works on the other pc. so something must else may be the cause.

Other than a rollback any other tips? The issue is windower resolution being stuck at 0x0 and manually keying a resolution doesnt work. Heading in to work so can't troubleshoot it anymore.

@Ladyofhonor. Can you hit windows key + r. Type winver and give me your current windows version?
 Shiva.Trumpy
user: Trumpy3k
By Shiva.Trumpy 2017-05-23 12:09:58  
sooooo... no luck on fixing setkey ?
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-05-23 19:41:17  
So friend helped me find the solution.
There's no need to reinstall or roll back windows. Issue is with the Windower settings.xml file

For whatever reason, if the resolution data is reset (this can happen if you simply click into the resolution box to change it, and possibly change the settings in windower by accident) the windower program will return no resolution values causing the crash and also prevent you from editing a width/height resolution data as they have completely disappeared from the settings file (see below)

Devs appear to be aware and provided the solution back in April
http://forums.windower.net/index.php?/topic/1235-resolution-issue/
http://forums.windower.net/index.php?/topic/1271-unable-to-adjust-resolution/

Easiest solution is to edit the .xml file via notepad or a text editor and edit in the resolution values as well as your windower setting (windowed, borderless windowed etc) This would be lines 3-5 in the code block below.

It should look something like this
Code
  <profile name="Large Screen">
    <consolekey>F10</consolekey>
    <windowmode>Window</windowmode>
    <width>1768</width>
    <height>992</height>
    <mipmaplevel>6</mipmaplevel>
    <uiscale>1</uiscale>
    <bumpmapping>true</bumpmapping>
  </profile>

Note the window mode and width/height settings under the consolekey argument.

The resolution data was completely missing in my text file which is what caused POL to crash. This should fix it. Save a copy of the settings.xml file somewhere in your HDD or in the cloud and you can restore it if it happens again.

Credit goes to Treasurehider for figuring this all out
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-05-23 20:00:22  
I'm not surprised the solution was simple like that. It seemed like it was simply something in Windower overwriting the configuration settings.
 Fenrir.Divinian
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2017-05-24 18:58:26  
Hi all. At this point, I've got the newest non-dev hook running pretty well on the Creator's update. I do get the .5s lag when using ahkey to switch between characters. I am going to try to see what alt-tab does (whether or not I get the lag) and see if I can't change how I do things to get rid of that.

The one other thing that's been bothering me (and its not a huge issue at all) is that with the old hook and windower app, when my game started it would automatically place itself in the top left of my screen which I loved. Now, it sets it more in the middle, so I need to manually move them. Does anyone know know how to correct this so that it starts up in the correct position (it keeps all my characters lined up easier). Just figured I'd ask.

Thanks in advance for any advice.Edit: I was able to decrease the lag time by disabling enable hardware mouse, but it still does not seem perfect. There is a small freeze between switching, but it doesn't seem as noticeable now.
By oyama 2017-05-25 05:28:36  
When I try to launch POL from windower, it crashes as the game/POL window is loading. Says POL View has stopped working (I'm on Windows 10). Same issue with vanilla, and both regular hook from last update and the dev hook from this thread. I have a crash dump, how do I provide it?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-05-25 05:58:40  
First, if Vanilla is crashing too then it is unlikely to be a problem that can be solved by us.

Second, Dropbox, Box, or Google Drive all provide free file hosting if you make an account. I use Dropbox.
 Ragnarok.Inx
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2017-05-25 06:50:54  
Had a bit of a strange thing yesterday. I'd been running the dev-branch without issue on Win10 x32 fine but following the update it refused to find luacore. The dll was in place, but it just failed out (error 126 in console as I recall.) and I was forced to revert back to the last stable build as that was the only way I could replace the luacore.dll with a working one.

Admitttedly I don't think that I tested the dev build after deleting the luacore.dll (only after replacing launcher and hook with stable branch ones) so it could have gotten corrupted somehow maybe during d/l.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Dragish
By Ragnarok.Dragish 2017-05-25 08:44:27  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
First, if Vanilla is crashing too then it is unlikely to be a problem that can be solved by us.

Second, Dropbox, Box, or Google Drive all provide free file hosting if you make an account. I use Dropbox.

I'm having the same issue. I can log on windower with no plug-ins/add-ons loaded but if they auto load I crash. If I manually load them I'm ok. It started after the luacore/hook update yesterday.

Edit: sorry I don't have problem on vanilla

Edit2: manually loading add-ons sometimes crashes pol.exe
By Nyarlko 2017-05-26 10:35:42  
Same issue, refusal to find luacore.dll (and sandbox.dll). Same problem in both dev/normal versions of Windower.

Problem started with the 5/24 updates.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Dragish
By Ragnarok.Dragish 2017-05-26 12:20:30  
i deleted LuaCore.dll and hook.dll and let windower redownload them and now everything is fine... sorry to waste your time.
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21