2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » High End Sets Advice/Suggestions/Ideas/LUA
High End Sets Advice/Suggestions/Ideas/LUA
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55
By Galkapryme 2023-03-11 15:44:15  
Asura.Aquatiq said: »
cap fc no weatherspoon no dm, didn't know about these legs to get the last 2% fc

ItemSet 389776

What is the FC on the feet? My set is 73 with only 6 less on FC than you. I'm counting 79 here if feet FC is 10 total.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2023-03-11 15:46:38  
Galkapryme said: »
Asura.Aquatiq said: »
cap fc no weatherspoon no dm, didn't know about these legs to get the last 2% fc

ItemSet 389776

What is the FC on the feet? I'm counting 79 here if feet FC is 10 total.
well you can get 11 with fern(6 augment) so I assume that's what they did.
 Asura.Zacheus
サーバ: Asura
user: Zacheus
By Asura.Zacheus 2023-03-24 00:02:43  
I'm getting the same Absorb numbers with Nethervoid whether or not Heathen +3 legs are equipped. I was getting +94 with the +2 legs, and +77 now. Anyone else experiencing this?
By SimonSes 2023-03-24 06:00:47  
Asura.Zacheus said: »
I'm getting the same Absorb numbers with Nethervoid whether or not Heathen +3 legs are equipped. I was getting +94 with the +2 legs, and +77 now. Anyone else experiencing this?

It's need to be equipped for JA activation, not Absorb cast. Maybe you changed from +2 to +3 in midcast for absorb instead of precast for JA, or you tried this without lua and equipped in wrong time?

NVM Im getting 77 too, they *** it up again ffs

How they can be so *** dump to even break adding % to *** existing stat

NVM again :D I'm sorry SE!!!

It's GS problem not swapping to +3 at all. Trying to check why now.

EDIT: ok I put "Heath. Flanchard +3" instead of "Heathen's Flanchard +3" and it works now.

head and feet swap no problem as heathen's, so not sure what's the deal is with legs.
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2023-03-24 09:30:09  
SimonSes said: »

It's need to be equipped for JA activation, not Absorb cast. Maybe you changed from +2 to +3 in midcast for absorb instead of precast for JA, or you tried this without lua and equipped in wrong time?

EDIT: ok I put "Heath. Flanchard +3" instead of "Heathen's Flanchard +3" and it works now.

head and feet swap no problem as heathen's, so not sure what's the deal is with legs.

legs in the game were renamed to Heathen's Flanchards +3 so every gs that was using it fully spelled out before broke. abbreviated works
 Asura.Zacheus
By Asura.Zacheus 2023-03-24 09:40:23  

Are you still getting +77 after the swap? I locked these legs when casting to test and had the same result.

Or... am I just misremembering and never absorbed 90+ before?
By SimonSes 2023-03-24 15:40:30  

Are you still getting +77 after the swap? I locked these legs when casting to test and had the same result.

Or... am I just misremembering and never absorbed 90+ before?

It's not for the cast, it's for Nether void activation. You don't need to cast in them to get the bonus (tho you should also cast in them because they are best for it). I'm getting +96
 Asura.Zacheus
By Asura.Zacheus 2023-03-24 16:07:19  
oof, looks like I missed updating my precast for NV to "Flanchards". It's been a long week... thanks for the help!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-05-10 10:45:25  
My brother on arms we maybe unkillable for sure now with the new scythe if the WS has good mods on it we maybe kings again. Rejoice. Also rest in peace Apocalypse you will be missed.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-05-10 11:43:16  
Seems likely a weaponskill that can perpetually refill your hp and mp pools is going to have a trash fTP lol.

I hope I'm proven wrong!
[+]
 Odin.Demhar
サーバ: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2023-05-10 12:28:51  
That is a sexy 400 base dmg on that purple Apoc & pdl+
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-05-10 13:44:47  
Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »
Seems likely a weaponskill that can perpetually refill your hp and mp pools is going to have a trash fTP lol.

I hope I'm proven wrong!

Infernal Scythe :troll laugh:
By SimonSes 2023-05-10 15:27:52  

I hope I'm proven wrong!

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Also rest in peace Apocalypse you will be missed.

You would be surprised how hard Catastrophe with R15 Apoc hits on avg. 40k+ with bis set and that's at 1000TP and without Scarlet.

DRK kinda lacks high TP bonus gear, so if Prime WS damage will be designed around having aftermath PDL and 3000 TP to hit potentially even 99k at 3000TP with capped attack, but you might never be able to get to attack cap with all this new PDL and pdl aftermath and it might be 1/3 the damage at 1000TP, while Apoc will be spamming 50k+ Catas at 1000TP with new song, while Prime WS will be doing 40k in the same scenario.
 Shiva.Humpo
サーバ: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2023-05-10 16:55:12  

I hope I'm proven wrong!

You would be surprised how hard Catastrophe with R15 Apoc hits on avg. 40k+ with bis set and that's at 1000TP and without Scarlet.

DRK kinda lacks high TP bonus gear, so if Prime WS damage will be designed around having aftermath PDL and 3000 TP to hit potentially even 99k at 3000TP with capped attack, but you might never be able to get to attack cap with all this new PDL and pdl aftermath and it might be 1/3 the damage at 1000TP, while Apoc will be spamming 50k+ Catas at 1000TP with new song, while Prime WS will be doing 40k in the same scenario.

You brought my hopes up so high then promptly flushed them down the toilet. I'm oddly satisfied by this.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-05-10 17:53:55  
Shiva.Humpo said: »

I hope I'm proven wrong!

You brought my hopes up so high then promptly flushed them down the toilet. I'm oddly satisfied by this.
Idk why you be let down by having that info the new weapons gonna out do apoc and still heal you and give mana so its a full on win no matter what. Apoc wasn't used for damage at all in the current state of the game hell it hasn't been in the last like 7 years or so maybe longer. It's for survive or make darkness drain back to cala. Now we have the best of all worlds. I don't see people holding tp to 3k every single time either. Drk is basically not attacked anyway 99% of the time so pdl is whatever.
By Veydal1 2023-05-10 19:34:57  
Just a heads up that the all jobs damage simulator has a typo for Heathen's Earring +1 stating 89 PDL instead of 8 PDL. For anyone that isn't taking a closer look at the results.
 Shiva.Humpo
サーバ: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2023-05-10 19:47:24  
Shiva.Humpo said: »

Idk why you be let down by having that info the new weapons gonna out do apoc and still heal you and give mana so its a full on win no matter what. Apoc wasn't used for damage at all in the current state of the game hell it hasn't been in the last like 7 years or so maybe longer. It's for survive or make darkness drain back to cala. Now we have the best of all worlds. I don't see people holding tp to 3k every single time either. Drk is basically not attacked anyway 99% of the time so pdl is whatever.

Oh I think you just missed my joke. I'm super happy about it. Just the way simon put it "it could do max damage! but it could also do 10k less than existing". I found it slightly amusing.

What I'm slightly curious about is if this makes Consume Mana worth it...

Edit: Oh, what I'm really curious about is what the PDL+ on the AM will be. Granted I never used it in a serious manner, Brave Blade 3 with +20% was pretty noticeable..
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-05-10 21:45:26  
I totally get that the scythe has banana's damage and the WS is sweet HP/MP drain, so RIP catastrophe... but isnt Apoc also really good solo for the JA haste aftermath? If you need MP you can just Entropy once in awhile. Just my 10 cents on that aspect. I'm sure the new stuff will be great damage and good for the WS properties etc, just think its premature to say "toss your Apoc's now"
Even w/ PLD and BRD you can find uses for most the REMAs even though the new ones are crazy powerful
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-05-11 03:04:39  
Asura.Dexprozius said: »
I totally get that the scythe has banana's damage and the WS is sweet HP/MP drain, so RIP catastrophe... but isnt Apoc also really good solo for the JA haste aftermath? If you need MP you can just Entropy once in awhile. Just my 10 cents on that aspect. I'm sure the new stuff will be great damage and good for the WS properties etc, just think its premature to say "toss your Apoc's now"
Even w/ PLD and BRD you can find uses for most the REMAs even though the new ones are crazy powerful
I mean I aint saying toss the apoc I'm saying it more as a joke. Also yes you have a ws that can do that with Entropy but if you can have both rolled into one then why not? High damage with good delay if the weaponskill is good why not just put it apoc on the shelf? While the ja haste is nice I find it not as amazing as it used to be with the way gear is now and trust.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2023-05-11 04:45:45  
Still have to do the six months minimum grind first after the content is released at the end of this month. Don't toss your Appca for goodness sake. Think, use that brain...
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-05-11 05:29:27  
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Still have to do the six months minimum grind first after the content is released at the end of this month. Don't toss your Appca for goodness sake. Think, use that brain...
Where you guys getting this toss your apoc lol noone said toss like its full on useless lol. It's just hype talk to because of what we got which I thought was gonna be worse tbh.
By Nariont 2023-05-11 06:07:36  
New weapon good, old weapon bad
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-05-25 11:37:33  
With the new tp ring I think the trade off to finally retire flamma gear maybe here for us! Pretty sure the swap to sakpata feet and maybe head or emp3 head maybe worth it. The trade off for feet would be 2 less DA STP and Acc but you gain 70 attack and 6 dt. Not home now but trying to get people idea on it.
By SimonSes 2023-05-25 11:51:40  
With the new tp ring I think the trade off to finally retire flamma gear maybe here for us! Pretty sure the swap to sakpata feet and maybe head or emp3 head maybe worth it. The trade off for feet would be 2 less DA STP and Acc but you gain 70 attack and 6 dt. Not home now but trying to get people idea on it.

I haven't used Flamma for last two years, so not sure what rings changes here? Unless you mean some specific xhit build? xhit builds are kinda useless anyways unless WS doesn't scale with tp.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2023-05-25 11:59:00  
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
six months minimum
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2023-05-25 12:05:12  
'-')
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-05-25 13:46:05  
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-05-27 12:29:44  
I don't agree that x-hits are useless....

Landing on 990 TP over and over on trash mob farming, when you know even a 1k WS will kill it, and having to wait another attack round to move on to the next one can get real old fast during a 30-60 minute event.

We've all been there. I also still use my flamma head/feet, the tp gain in superior than full sakpata when I don't need the extra -DT.
By Taint 2023-05-27 12:43:45  
Nothing matters on Trash mobs...half the time the WS is overkilling the mob.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-05-27 12:50:39  
I don't agree that x-hits are useless....

Landing on 990 TP over and over on trash mob farming, when you know even a 1k WS will kill it, and having to wait another attack round to move on to the next one can get real old fast during a 30-60 minute event.

We've all been there. I also still use my flamma head/feet, the tp gain in superior than full sakpata when I don't need the extra -DT.

I can understand that for scenario without SAM roll, but with SAM roll being random, are you have different set for each value of SAM roll? Including using Crooked card or not?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55