users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » High End Sets Advice/Suggestions/Ideas/LUA
High End Sets Advice/Suggestions/Ideas/LUA
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 53 54 55
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-07-25 09:12:58  
question: what are we using as the measuring stick of "best"? Highest Ceiling? Highest average? Because I can totally see Sroda Ring having the best ceiling versus other rings for Insurgency- I just question the consistency with that heavy of a DEX loss...in particular for when needing Insurgency for SC needs and not using Liberator.
By SimonSes 2022-07-25 09:41:17  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
question: what are we using as the measuring stick of "best"? Highest Ceiling? Highest average? Because I can totally see Sroda Ring having the best ceiling versus other rings for Insurgency- I just question the consistency with that heavy of a DEX loss...in particular for when needing Insurgency for SC needs and not using Liberator.

The only problem with dex loss is accuracy loss and nothing more. Afaik none of the the rema scythes has accuracy issues especially now with so much more accuracy from ML. At attack cap nothing is even close to Sroda ring and it doesn't matter avg or median because Środa ring is not proc based like I said. Assuming capped attack both STR and PDL work all the time.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2022-07-25 10:03:46  
Is there anything better than this for Full Break, want to make sure set is optimal.

ammo="Pemphredo Tathlum",
head="Flam. Zucchetto +2",
neck="Sanctity Necklace",
ear1="Digni. Earring",
ear2="Telos Earring",
body="Flamma Korazin +2",
hands="Flam. Manopolas +2",
ring1="Flamma Ring",
ring2="Stikini Ring +1",
back=STR_MACC_Back,
waist="Eschan Stone",
legs="Flamma Dirs +2",
feet="Flam. Gambieras +2"}
By Aquatiq 2022-07-25 10:10:05  
Is there any word on the Unity grip https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Rigorous_Grip_%2B1 and whether that's better than Utu at a certain point when ML compensates for missing Utu's accuracy? Maybe for Cata spam / STR WS fights
 Asura.Wotasu
サーバ: Asura
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2022-07-25 10:13:02  
Aquatiq said: »
Is there any word on the Unity grip https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Rigorous_Grip_%2B1 and whether that's better than Utu at a certain point when ML compensates for missing Utu's accuracy? Maybe for Cata spam / STR WS fights
Utu also adds a DEX modifier to your weaponskill.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-07-25 10:22:48  
Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
Is there anything better than this for Full Break, want to make sure set is optimal.

ear1="Digni. Earring",
ear2="Telos Earring",
ring1="Flamma Ring",
ring2="Stikini Ring +1",
back=STR_MACC_Back,
waist="Eschan Stone",
legs="Flamma Dirs +2",

Full R20 & above Sakpata is just a clear winner over Flamma. Another Stikini Ring +1 instead of Flamma Ring. Crepuscular Earring over Telos.
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2022-07-25 10:26:24  
Thank you! I'm behind on gear since I took a break. Duly noted and will update gearsets as it gets ranked.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-07-25 10:31:01  
Aquatiq said: »

Its more the dex mod addition which keeps it ahead
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-07-25 10:43:21  
SimonSes said: »

The only problem with dex loss is accuracy loss and nothing more. Afaik none of the the rema scythes has accuracy issues especially now with so much more accuracy from ML. At attack cap nothing is even close to Sroda ring and it doesn't matter avg or median because Środa ring is not proc based like I said. Assuming capped attack both STR and PDL work all the time.

Well I can agree that Sroda Ring is more or less the best option for a theoretical attack capped scenario. Which just means that that's the caveat for Sroda. Sroda Ring likely will not beat either Regal or Niqmaddu Ring in a theoretical uncapped attack scenario.

I can't speak to party & alliance situations as much now since I rarely DD anymore. But in solo situations, I still say the +10 Attack per trust isn't doing much for solo situations on DRK specifically.

I'd genuinely need to math out the effect of the STR+15 DEX-20 PDL+3% per WS. It doesn't look good in my personal opinion.
By Nariont 2022-07-25 11:08:50  
The only instance youd use the ring is in the "theoretical attack cap scenerio" its below par in most other instances
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-07-25 11:26:32  
Against Regal in capped attack it's +5str -30dex 3%pdl.
For Insurgency that's -1 base damage (+1 from 1fSTR +1 from 20%wsc and -3 from utu effect) and 3%pdl. -1 base damage is less than -0.2%, while 3% pdl is like +2.3% damage, so that's a 2% gain.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-07-25 11:29:59  

I agree, not "acc problems", but I definitely feel a large gap and make alterations between acc thresholds (from gear) for Liberator and Redemption. Apoc and Anguta definitely have no issue.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-07-25 13:59:28  
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
I can't speak to party & alliance situations as much now since I rarely DD anymore. But in solo situations, I still say the +10 Attack per trust isn't doing much for solo situations on DRK specifically.
If you have 5 trusts out, Sroda is basically always BiS for DRK as long as the DEX doesn't lower your hit rate, even on WSs that don't have a STR mod.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2022-07-25 15:31:16  
Sroda is for sure interesting, I am not in love with it personally at the current 50m+ and will not buy it until price becomes reasonable, but it is best.

for solo play with apoc I cant imagine the acc being a concern, but the attack is due to crappy trust buffs (always evokers roll and ballads!), so for me it rocks in this scenario even without the 3 pdl.

With super buffs, you also should not notice the acc loss and that is where the 3 pdl will shine so you can win parses and feel good you spent 50m on a ring...

so what I am saying is the acc loss is really a non issue for most part, and if it is, you toggle from attack capped ws sets, to non attack capped ws set, or to an acc ws set. At this point every dd job should have these 3 sets in thier lua; PDL, Uncapped, acc.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2022-07-26 01:27:49  
Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »

ear1="Digni. Earring",
ear2="Telos Earring",
ring1="Flamma Ring",
ring2="Stikini Ring +1",
back=STR_MACC_Back,
waist="Eschan Stone",
legs="Flamma Dirs +2",

If its for landing the effect DEX instead of STR so you get some acc
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-07-26 03:29:44  
Asura.Azagarth said: »
Sroda is for sure interesting, I am not in love with it personally at the current 50m+ and will not buy it until price becomes reasonable, but it is best.

for solo play with apoc I cant imagine the acc being a concern, but the attack is due to crappy trust buffs (always evokers roll and ballads!), so for me it rocks in this scenario even without the 3 pdl.

With super buffs, you also should not notice the acc loss and that is where the 3 pdl will shine so you can win parses and feel good you spent 50m on a ring...

so what I am saying is the acc loss is really a non issue for most part, and if it is, you toggle from attack capped ws sets, to non attack capped ws set, or to an acc ws set. At this point every dd job should have these 3 sets in thier lua; PDL, Uncapped, acc.

50M on a bis ring is not really that high, especially when it's so rare. It's more of a priority problem. You for sure shouldnt buy it before many other things, but when you have all those other things, then you should buy it (I bought mine for 120M and I knew it will be like half in 2 months and I have no regrets. I use it on like 10 jobs)

Keep in mind "many other things" might soon be mats for five +2 empy armor for each job you play, so it's probably safe not to buy anything now, if farming gil is not something you like ;)
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2022-07-27 17:34:14  
50M on a bis ring is not really that high, especially when it's so rare. It's more of a priority problem.

Yeah I am still trying to r15 REMA so its low priority right now, but yeah 50m isnt bad I will eventually pick it up.... or SE will get a new ring in the new content that outdoes it, which seems to be the new trend.
[+]
 Asura.Neviskio
user: Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2022-08-01 09:51:50  
Thanks for the massive update, only one thing to mind comes is that on some sets it could help specifying a bit more what augs the JSE backs have, I assume most veterans would know, but for me guides should always be aimed at people that don't already know (or why else would people need a guide or reference if they know already?).

Besides that it's pretty great!
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
サーバ: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-08-01 11:23:16  
Asura.Neviskio said: »
Thanks for the massive update, only one thing to mind comes is that on some sets it could help specifying a bit more what augs the JSE backs have, I assume most veterans would know, but for me guides should always be aimed at people that don't already know (or why else would people need a guide or reference if they know already?).

I've been looking at some other guides and noticed it's a pretty common trend.

Thinking about it some more, I think it would be best if they were listed separately and what each cape is used for. That way we can just look at that list for what we need rather than looking thru all the gearsets.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-08-01 12:05:58  
Shiva.Humpo said: »
Asura.Neviskio said: »

I've been looking at some other guides and noticed it's a pretty common trend.

Thinking about it some more, I think it would be best if they were listed separately and what each cape is used for. That way we can just look at that list for what we need rather than looking thru all the gearsets.
I agree and disagree with this honestly if the capes are listed it should be fine if your gonna play the job at least know a bit about it and why it's needed. Gearset stuff is nice but it's not meant to hand hold everything. You know a tp cape from a ws cape or casting cape.
[+]
 Bahamut.Braams
user: Khronos
By Bahamut.Braams 2022-08-01 15:33:48  
Have to agree with Tip that since this is the High-end thread it's mainly aimed at the veteran and high-end users. The general stickied job threads and / or community guides can handle Newbie & Returnee concerns.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-01 15:38:52  
shopping list guides severely hurt the playerbase is my experience. All they end up doing for players new to either the game or a specific job with unique needs is guilt them into "needing" pieces of gear, without understanding the "why" behind it. So if that piece ever gets out-classed, the shopping list player doesn't understand why; they just wait for the next shopping list and to be told what to buy/build/get.

Its ok in my book to talk general principles and concepts gearsets are built around...but I really wish as a whole we could move off to these guides that are nothing but Amazon wishlists.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2022-08-01 15:45:55  
Most my sets do list augs for tp sets, the ws sets I thought it was just to clear what you would use... but you are correct in that stating them would remove any doubt, so I will probably just do that on my next edit. I just do not want to get to lengthy on the description or the important points might get lost in pages of text.
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
サーバ: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-08-01 19:01:35  
Bahamut.Braams said: »
Have to agree with Tip that since this is the High-end thread it's mainly aimed at the veteran and high-end users. The general stickied job threads and / or community guides can handle Newbie & Returnee concerns.

Yea, I was mainly thinking about that being a nice thing for all the general guides. Just finished a whm mule and.. ugh, i hate playing mages.
[+]
By qe58hmr 2022-08-01 22:04:26  
what the defrent between 5 hits and 6 hits and what should i go for and if i only have r0 gear from Odyssey i still use the sets in the forum?
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-01 22:30:06  
qe58hmr said: »
what the defrent between 5 hits and 6 hits and what should i go for and what sub job

Short Answer: it depends.

Long Answer: it depends.

There are innumerable factors that go into build debates to determine such things. At times, x-hit builds of any number will not be a good choice, as beefing up the damage per swing can win out.
-Are you using an Empyrean Weapon?
-Are there so many DDs that Chaining is impossible or haphazard?
(just two examples)

Other times, chaining is a must, and long chains at that.

Still others, balancing between a paired DD for hate value matters more than individual DPS maxxing.

But more often, if you're worried about TP gain per swing, its not to just hit 1k TP asap and WS, its for TP overflow to make those WSs really worth it.

As for subjob choice, that can vary between "what should I use" to "what do I do without a subjob" these days, and there's almost never a concrete answer.
-am I ripping hate off this tank like a 3 day old band-aid? /DRG.
-do I need as much STP/JA haste as can be found? /SAM.
-am I horribly underbuffed and need anything I can get? /WAR.
-am I riding Apoc and tanking, and want a few other tools? /RUN.

...or am I in Odyssey, and none of this matters because no SJ?

These days, I use bigger variances in build based on -DT needs, Subtle Blow, Crit Hit build, or max STP build(Liberator-only) for scaling TP, not to hit a specific x-hit. Those moments when those needs rear their head are much more unforgiving than the other worries mentioned.

If you want an "always" answer to your questions on x-hit builds and subjob choice, there just isn't one. There are things you'll use more than not, but never an all-in-one setup and then never think about it again.
[+]
By qe58hmr 2022-08-01 23:48:29  
i have only have access to r0 Odyssey and this my sets is there anything better
sets.engaged.Liberator
main={ name="Liberator", augments={'Path: A',}},
sub="Utu Grip",
ammo="Coiste Bodhar",
body="Sakpata's Plate",
hands="Sakpata's Gauntlets",
legs="Sakpata's Cuisses",
feet="Flam. Gambieras +2",
neck={ name="Abyssal Beads +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
waist={ name="Sailfi Belt +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
left_ear="Brutal Earring",
right_ear="Schere Earring",
left_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
right_ring="Hetairoi Ring",
back={ name="Ankou's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},

sets.engaged.Liberator.AM
sub="Utu Grip",
ammo="Coiste Bodhar",
body="Hjarrandi Breast.",
legs={ name="Odyssean Cuisses", augments={'Attack+2','"Store TP"+7','STR+4','Accuracy+14',}},
feet={ name="Valorous Greaves", augments={'Attack+24','"Store TP"+6','STR+9',}},
left_ear="Telos Earring",
right_ear="Dedition Earring",
left_ring="Chirich Ring +1",
right_ring="Chirich Ring +1",
back={ name="Ankou's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Store TP"+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},

sets.precast.WS['Insurgency']
sub="Utu Grip",
ammo="Knobkierrie",
head="Ratri Sallet +1",
body="Ignominy Cuirass +3",
legs={ name="Fall. Flanchard +3", augments={'Enhances "Muted Soul" effect',}},
feet="Sulev. Leggings +2",
left_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Attack+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
right_ear="Thrud Earring",
left_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
right_ring="Regal Ring",
back={ name="Ankou's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Weapon skill damage +10%','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},

today i finished my Caladbolg and looking for sets for it, should i go for the sets in 1st page tho i only have access to r0 Odyssey gear and thanks in advance
By SimonSes 2022-08-02 02:37:31  
Capped attack Insurgency set on the front page is kinda not enough. It's good set for 1000tp Insurgency, but if you hold TP (and you generally should with Insurgency) then Nyame jumps in. For 2000+ (effective TP) you probably want to use only 2 Sakpata pieces. Optimally body and legs I think. You can add 3rd piece (hands) and then switch Crepuscular Pebble to Knob for additional 1% increase.

Insurgency is probably the worst set to optimize, because first hit is non existent at 1000tp, but it's main damage at higher tp.

Wearing full sakpata at higher tp is only few % damage less, but the main point here imo is how much less attack you need to cap with 3Nyame/2Sakpata set.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-08-02 07:48:51  
qe58hmr said: »
what the defrent between 5 hits and 6 hits and what should i go for and what sub job

Short Answer: it depends.

Long Answer: it depends.

There are innumerable factors that go into build debates to determine such things. At times, x-hit builds of any number will not be a good choice, as beefing up the damage per swing can win out.
-Are you using an Empyrean Weapon?
-Are there so many DDs that Chaining is impossible or haphazard?
(just two examples)

Other times, chaining is a must, and long chains at that.

Still others, balancing between a paired DD for hate value matters more than individual DPS maxxing.

But more often, if you're worried about TP gain per swing, its not to just hit 1k TP asap and WS, its for TP overflow to make those WSs really worth it.

As for subjob choice, that can vary between "what should I use" to "what do I do without a subjob" these days, and there's almost never a concrete answer.
-am I ripping hate off this tank like a 3 day old band-aid? /DRG.
-do I need as much STP/JA haste as can be found? /SAM.
-am I horribly underbuffed and need anything I can get? /WAR.
-am I riding Apoc and tanking, and want a few other tools? /RUN.

...or am I in Odyssey, and none of this matters because no SJ?

These days, I use bigger variances in build based on -DT needs, Subtle Blow, Crit Hit build, or max STP build(Liberator-only) for scaling TP, not to hit a specific x-hit. Those moments when those needs rear their head are much more unforgiving than the other worries mentioned.

If you want an "always" answer to your questions on x-hit builds and subjob choice, there just isn't one. There are things you'll use more than not, but never an all-in-one setup and then never think about it again.
While this may seem nice honestly if you have another dd and can't sub Sam on drk honestly I switch to that dd. /drg damage output is no where near enough to make up for Hasso or stp loss. Same with the other subs. If your ripping that much hate off your tank either its a semi bad tank or you just spamming at 1k tp which you kinda shouldn't be doing anyway. I know alot of people think droping about 40% of damage overall is a good thing so the tank holds hate but at the point just go war/drg or drg/Sam or sam/drg and til you can manage hate better. Now this your only choice then by all means do you but I've done /drg same with War sub it just doesn't make up the loss if you can just switch to another dd. It's almost better for you to just take off cala or lib and just go with another weapon in my eyes.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-08-02 08:19:27  
Depends how long is the fight and what buffs you have. With good samurai roll, /DRG is usually few% DPS ahead during Last Resort up. /Sam only wins by a lot, when LR is down. So if the fight is less than 3 mins 15 sec or you can refresh cool down on LR with random deal or other things, then /DRG is very good option.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 53 54 55