フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 141 142 143
By Aerix 2019-02-09 01:10:57  
aisukage said: »
Personal recomendation would be:

swap out the belt for Windbuffet for a more MA
Carmine Legs For loss of Dual wield and a lot more acc
Suppanomimi instead of Eabani if you want a bit more acc (sword skill so sword only) and the that last 1 DW to cap on DW when haste capped.

Feel like these changes will give more MA and a lot more ACC with Carmine set bonus aswell.

Your suggestion definitely adds a lot more Accuracy, but losing the belt's STP would make 2xChirich Ring +1 mandatory to keep the 10 or 11-hit build with Kaja Knife.

But yeah, with that much Accuracy we could absolutely just use Cehuetzi Snow Cone fulltime.
By Aerix 2019-02-09 01:17:00  
So this is what we're looking at now:

ItemSet 364970

Kaja Knife isn't in the database right now, but I think if we're going for fastest Delay to get Enspell procs it's a better choice over Malevolence. I'm not sure how much damage Malevolence adds over Kaja, but assuming it's 200-500ish, then a single additional attack round over the course of a fight would make up for several WSs.

Edit: With Malevolence, this is a 12-hit build before SAM roll. Kaja Knife is 3 STP short of a 12-hit build with this set, so perhaps Yotai+Eabani+Taeon Legs would be useful in low-buff situations. Or pop a Carbonara.
By Marootsoobootsu 2019-02-09 01:34:06  
Aerix said: »
So this is what a heavy Enspell TP set might look like, without Volte:

ItemSet 364969

A second Chirich+1 over Hetairoi might be viable depending on Accuracy needs and whether switching to Kaja Knife for lower Delay may require a little more STP to reduce the x-hit build.

I prefer Orpheus's Sash right now to Reiki, and then make up the difference with Carmine legs D, and a Suppanomimi.

Enriching Sword +1 is useless for Sanguine.

Edit: many more posts since I started and got distracted by kids. I like Orpheus's over Windbuffet +1, too. It hurts to give up that much MA, but Red Mage can endure it, and the enspell damage gets crazy high. OF course, if enspells are getting resisted, then Windbuffet comes back into play.
By Aerix 2019-02-09 02:22:49  
Oh crap, I totally forgot about Orpheus's Sash even though I even edited it into a melee set after the update. I definitely agree Orpheus's Sash is the best here. Edited the set.

If Enspells are getting resisted we'd be back to a physical DD set without Ayanmo hands +2 and stuff anyway. I do prefer Reiki for that over Windbuffet +1 though. Using Carmine Legs +1+Windbuffet means giving up TA+4%/STP+4, so the extra TA/QA+2% isn't an improvement if it means weakening your x-hit build (unless you really need that extra Acc). And likewise I wouldn't drop Dedition for Eabani/Suppa when STP/TP overflow matters.

Also Enriching Sword +1 isn't any more useless for Sanguine than Malevolence or Kaja Knife would be since it does give MAB/MDMG--albeit far less than Malevolence. Its main draw would be the bonus to Enspell damage, but it's just too slow to be worth it anyway.
By aisukage 2019-02-09 04:29:44  
How much damage does that sash increase en-spell. cause if it's not a significant amount then the Extra hits from windbuffet not only might still do more damage in the long run but it also increases WS Frequency. I'm not sure how much it adds to en-spells so i couldn't tell you which would be better.

But i too forgot about that sash and it would be nice to know which would pull ahead.
By Aerix 2019-02-09 04:35:28  
It's +15% elemental damage at melee range (+15 Affinity). I'm not not sure whether it adds that after Composure/Crocea bonuses or before, though. If it's after, we're looking at around +160ish extra damage per Enspell proc.
By Boshi 2019-02-09 08:36:25  
None of this is gonna make ayanmo bis or carmine legs.

Can just toss dw10 on cape
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-09 09:43:25  
Boshi said: »
None of this is gonna make ayanmo bis or carmine legs.

Can just toss dw10 on cape

You'll want Carmine legs and toss on a Suppa to cap DW. The Legs because they'll match with the Feet for stupid accuracy and open up back / waist for something more useful.

This is assuming someone is using melee RDM for more then soloing omen mobs. That and DA 10 > TA 4.
By SimonSes 2019-02-09 10:46:37  
Asura.Saevel said: »
That and DA 10 > TA 4.
According to my calculations, this is not true for RDM tp set.
[+]
By Marootsoobootsu 2019-02-09 14:19:40  
SimonSes said: »
That and DA 10 > TA 4.

Unless you somehow get RDM's DA to 92% or higher, your math is wrong.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-02-09 14:29:42  
4 TA overtakes 10 DA much sooner than at 92% DA because Triple Attack devalues DA by virtue of having higher priority.

Even with 0 DA, 4 TA outdoes 10 DA at roughly 20% TA, which Temper II alone surpasses.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-02-09 14:33:27  
Its not wrong.
Marootsoobootsu said: »
That and DA 10 > TA 4.

Its possible im wrong, but i highly doubt it.

The order for checks is qa>ta>da. With 34% TA, DA is effective only in 66%. If we take 34%TA and 16%DA as base, Im getting:
- 3.567 attacks with 38%TA and 16%DA
- 3.469 attacks with 34%TA and 26%DA
Feel free to correct me on that if im wrong.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2019-02-09 15:28:33  
Its not wrong.
That and DA 10 > TA 4.

Its possible im wrong, but i highly doubt it.

The order for checks is qa>ta>da. With 34% TA, DA is effective only in 66%. If we take 34%TA and 16%DA as base, Im getting:
- 3.567 attacks with 38%TA and 16%DA
- 3.469 attacks with 34%TA and 26%DA
Feel free to correct me on that if im wrong.

Just cap delay with DW pieces in gear and use sTP on the back, dunno why this dilemma on rdm when temper 2 exists and sTP set for rdm tp + temper 2 lets rdm tp faster than a blu lol.

Also simonses is right on his statement here.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-02-09 16:33:25  
Impact for RDM where can I get better? (have Ambu bow just not available to add on ffxiah yet)

ItemSet 364998

1. Does enfeeble duration work in Impact? Wiki has it as Elemental Magic.
2. Do I get set bonus with Regal Cuffs/Earring?

Unrelated RDM question
Gain caps at 25, but the hands add 30? So hands midcast give you +55? Is this right?
 Asura.Bootus
user: Sgtsalt
By Asura.Bootus 2019-02-09 18:08:55  
How is the new Ambu sword stacking up compared to Sequence for Savage Blade spam? I'd like to think Sequence wins out, but the Ambu sword doesn't look bad.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-09 18:32:55  
That and DA 10 > TA 4.

It's RDM's Temper II devalueing DA heavily, which I didn't consider.

At 0 TA/DA you get this for average attacks per round

TA: 1.08 (+4 TA)
DA: 1.10 (+10 DA)

At 30 TA 0 DA you get this
TA: 1.68 (+4 TA)
DA: 1.67 (+10 DA)

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
Just cap delay with DW pieces in gear and use sTP on the back, dunno why this dilemma on rdm when temper 2 exists and sTP set for rdm tp + temper 2 lets rdm tp faster than a blu lol.

This is the real answer. RDM gets a lot less Store TP then it does multi-attack.
By Chimerawizard 2019-02-09 18:57:34  
Aerix said: »
So this is what a heavy Enspell TP set might look like, without Volte:

ItemSet 364969

A second Chirich+1 over Hetairoi might be viable depending on Accuracy needs and whether switching to Kaja Knife for lower Delay may require a little more STP to reduce the x-hit build.

I prefer Orpheus's Sash right now to Reiki, and then make up the difference with Carmine legs D, and a Suppanomimi.

Enriching Sword +1 is useless for Sanguine.

Edit: many more posts since I started and got distracted by kids. I like Orpheus's over Windbuffet +1, too. It hurts to give up that much MA, but Red Mage can endure it, and the enspell damage gets crazy high. OF course, if enspells are getting resisted, then Windbuffet comes back into play.
I'll be cheap and lazy.
ItemSet 343919
+Kaja Knife
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2019-02-09 20:25:59  
Asura.Toralin said: »
Impact for RDM where can I get better? (have Ambu bow just not available to add on ffxiah yet)

ItemSet 364998

1. Does enfeeble duration work in Impact? Wiki has it as Elemental Magic.
2. Do I get set bonus with Regal Cuffs/Earring?

Unrelated RDM question
Gain caps at 25, but the hands add 30? So hands midcast give you +55? Is this right?
1. Impact is Elemental, nothing should extend it's duration. The reason for macc focus is to preserve as much duration as possible.
2. No that's why Gwati earring is better for macc by a small amount

Yes +55 to whatever gain stat you pick. It's great. Relic for RDM is extremely good.
[+]
By ocean 2019-02-09 23:05:59  
Question. Does saboteur break the cap on Frazzle III?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-09 23:40:42  
Thats not how sab or frazzle III work.
By ocean 2019-02-09 23:43:33  

Share!!
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-02-09 23:51:24  
Torzak said: »
If you're CDC spamming you should be Almace/Ternion.
Asura.Nuance said: »
I use murg only when I need stupid magic accuracy. Stunning zerde with no languor or focus.

Almace/tern cdc spam

Sequence/magian tp bonus sword accuracy permitting for savage

Crocea/malevolence is usually my go to for most things tho. Ambuscade dagger if I need a little more melee acc for tp while retaining some mab etc.

Trying to make Excalibur useful but coming up short there.
RDM's best pure damage setup would be something like Croc/Malevolence and doing Sanguine blade. This is assuming the target is vulnerable to dark elemental WS. Both CDC and Savage suffer from the same issue, old low quality piecemeal WS gear tied to them. Sanguine just requires MAB/INT/MND gear with dark elemental affinity, something RDM has plenty of.

Thanks for these posts. I guess I'll prioritize Crocea and then Almace, also work on getting a capped Malevolence (using Ambu dagger as a stopgap or for acc/macc). Red mage really does need access to more relevant WS gear. We are still using Taeon in our melee sets in 2019... it's really aggravating for CDC. Savage Blade I think we have fared a bit better with.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-02-09 23:54:09  
ocean said: »

Share!!

jfwi
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2019-02-10 00:13:27  

YouTube Video Placeholder

FRAZZLE.
DOESN'T.
WORK THAT WAY!!
By Ruaumoko 2019-02-10 04:25:44  

Probably my best solo (with trusts, granted) to date. Was a hell of a fight since I had to deal with dumb Trust AI and had to move Maju away from them so Backdraft wouldn't complicate things.

The Saboteur update has done freaking wonders.
[+]
By Trigue 2019-02-10 04:44:17  
No one really mentions Volte gear, most likely due to it's rarity to obtain, but wouldn't this set be optimal for enspell tp?
(STP +10 on cape, Path D on legs)
ItemSet 365012
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2019-02-10 06:24:18  
Trigue said: »
No one really mentions Volte gear, most likely due to it's rarity to obtain, but wouldn't this set be optimal for enspell tp?
ItemSet 365012

Now need that crocea to pop, the gil bleed yesterday on those attempts was craptastic D:
[+]
By Cronnus 2019-02-10 06:55:19  
Anyone have a sang blade set they're willing to share?
By Boshi 2019-02-10 10:06:33  
Trigue said: »
ItemSet 365012

the hand still won't beat volte.

I don't see how the legs win unless you're super low on acc, nothing changed. Before using Carmine legs unless you need acc sucked, they still do.
[+]
By Trigue 2019-02-10 11:46:53  
ItemSet 356443
(DW +10 on cape, TA +2 on Taeon Tights)
@Boshi
You're saying a set like this would be better? I can see how the legs would be compaired to Carmine in a capped ACC situation but is there a reason why the STP +6 > Sword Enhancement Spell Damage +17 when enspell is up in the hand slot?
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 141 142 143