言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 141 142 143
By Afania 2018-12-01 04:05:07  
Ok so....apparently almace with augment is so strong now, decided to modify the newest blu spreadsheet to see if almace/cdc build beats sequence/savage build.

With capped acc/pdif and 52 stp Sam roll, 630 enhancing, 50 boost stat, using sets from 1st page(except I changed moonshade to mache +1, pants to relic +3 for cdc because they are better), both builds has around 4.7k dps with am1, with sequence/savage being 60 dps ahead. Seems that almace augments made cdc build a bit closer to sequence than before.

Oh and btw, blu with identical buffs has roughly 6.5k dps with augmented almace, so they still use almace a lot better than rdm, cor using my current gear set has roughly 6k.
[+]
 Asura.Cicion
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2018-12-01 07:12:15  
But do you take into account rdm getting 32-33% triple attack from just temper 2 in WS and TP sets? Blue gets smoked in the triple attack area in WS set. Not really close at all to rdms, how ever yes there double attack is alot more.

From my blus set i'm counting i'm getting 17% (Adhemar head +1 epona Auged Herc hand Samnuha Leg)triple with gear/trait and 17 DA with /war and gear in Cdc Set. While my rdm has 37% (Temper 2 Ternion Dagger) triple and 6 da. I know blu can get great traits as well as various +stats and has mostly superior WSs pieces as well as TP pieces and Xhit way easier/better.

Also Boost stat cap is +55 not 50. Really wish they would break the 500 cap for that. Crit damage difference is my Rdms 11% vs my Blus 31% and he has skillchain 3 bonus.

I love savageblade and tp overflow is a boost to it but is the light SCs being factored into cdc spam? CDCs pretty friendly to SC with Greatsword and Greataxe and Great Katana users.
[+]
 Asura.Netero
user: Bodille
By Asura.Netero 2018-12-01 07:56:33  
Asura.Cicion said: »
But do you take into account rdm getting 32-33% triple attack from just temper 2 in WS and TP sets? Blue gets smoked in the triple attack area in WS set. Not really close at all to rdms, how ever yes there double attack is alot more.

From my blus set i'm counting i'm getting 17% (Adhemar head +1 epona Auged Herc hand Samnuha Leg)triple with gear/trait and 17 DA with /war and gear in Cdc Set. While my rdm has 37% (Temper 2 Ternion Dagger) triple and 6 da. I know blu can get great traits as well as various +stats and has mostly superior WSs pieces as well as TP pieces and Xhit way easier/better.

Also Boost stat cap is +55 not 50. Really wish they would break the 500 cap for that. Crit damage difference is my Rdms 11% vs my Blus 31% and he has skillchain 3 bonus.

I love savageblade and tp overflow is a boost to it but is the light SCs being factored into cdc spam? CDCs pretty friendly to SC with Greatsword and Greataxe and Great Katana users.

if your getting 33% TA from temper II , that means your set is 630 enhancing skill ;o ?

TA % = floor[( Enhancing Magic Skill - 300 ) ÷ 10]

my set has 614 skills only , is there something with enhancing magic skill idk about ;o
besides main/sub for sure
By Boshi 2018-12-01 09:20:12  
31% with weapons locked,
33% from DWing 2 enhancing skill+ weapons (prefight)

613 / 634
that's what i have in my notes, i could always have written down the wrong number cause im a derp
[+]
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2018-12-01 09:44:07  
Ya i'll swap out main sub slot for temper2 anyday. The spell lasts forever and its free TA. Mabey well get lucky get another 10 from emp feet +3 or something crazy like enhancing effect +10 on a piece as well. Could use a ammo piece with 10+ enhance skill SE plox.
[+]
 Asura.Netero
user: Bodille
By Asura.Netero 2018-12-01 09:50:05  
yeah i was thinking of weapons too, when ternion was mentioned above i neglected (prefight) enhancing skill weapons.

where does Murgleis AM3 up and fully augmented stand in Almace/Seq debate above ?
By Boshi 2018-12-01 09:56:13  
loses.

With new augs it probably loses more (the big thing tizona has is that expiacion is awesome)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-01 09:58:44  
I'm getting slightly different data:

Head: +16
Neck: +10
Ears: +8 (3+5)
Body: +23
Hands: +24
Rings: +16 (8+8)
Back: +10
Waist: +5
Legs: +21
Feet: +25

For a grand total of 158.
Now the base skill of a 2100 RDM is 456, for a total of 614 which is consistant with what Netero reported.

In addition to this there's +21 (11+10) coming from Pukulatmuj NQ/HQ.
Normally you have Mai/Sub locked, but considering the huge duration bonus we get from Composure I think it's viable to unlock it every ~16 minutes to refresh Temper2 and receive 2% more TA.

Also we gonna get ~10 more Skill in the feet slot, come the Empyrean Reforge :D That should be 1% more TA! Supposing we haven't reached the cap already, but I doubt.
[+]
By Afania 2018-12-01 13:18:51  

Afania said: »
630 enhancing

Implied that I added 33% ta temper II. Without the TA it would be less than 4k dps.

I love savageblade and tp overflow is a boost to it but is the light SCs being factored into cdc spam? .

I'm aware that cdc will probably win with sc or higher AM. But this is another discussion because sc can apply to savage blade in a pt.

I think they are also close enough that 1 pieces of dm augmented gear will change the weapon that's better. Aka get a dex/crit dmg dm and almace may win.

Boshi said: »
loses.

With new augs it probably loses more (the big thing tizona has is that expiacion is awesome)

Assuming spreadsheet doesn't have glitch, even tizona am3 doesn't beat almace for cdc anymore. Cdc+ 10% that applies on all hit is no joke, Dex+ 20 is so good.
By Afania 2018-12-01 13:49:24  

Afaik TA has diminishing return that if other relevant stats are low then high ta isn't adding much. It's more ideal to balance everything. Because once ta reaches certain point, adding other stats will have greater value.

In terms of tp, blu has 2 round/ws, rdm has 2.4, so blu still tp faster. blu has higher stp from traits. So even with lower ta than rdm overall I think blu is more balanced in terms of offensive stats.

In terms of cdc, Dex and crit dmg is big, especially crit dmg. I think there is a reason why savage was primary rdm ws for long long time but not cdc, since rdm is pretty lacking with crit dmg gears outside of dm.
By Boshi 2018-12-01 14:12:45  
Blu also has crit dmg trait
By Boshi 2018-12-01 14:14:03  
Oh u know what my cape is skill9/duration20 that’s the missing 1
Guildwork Premium
By Quendi210 2018-12-01 16:49:33  

/comfort

Sincerely, Quendi

Totally serious. I think I spent 10M+ on crystals for 10 Skill/20 Duration.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-12-01 17:28:30  
Quendi210 said: »

/comfort

Sincerely, Quendi

Totally serious. I think I spent 10M+ on crystals for 10 Skill/20 Duration.

Oh yes he did.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-02 18:46:47  
Anybody tested Mache+1 vs Sherida vs Moonshade?
Is Mache+1 worth over Moonshade if you need more acc in a highacc CDC set?

I can't evaluate the impact of TP bonus on CDC. On other crit WS it's cool but not really THAT good in the end.
By Boshi 2018-12-02 19:11:44  
on blu moonshade is never good for cdc, rdm has a lot less critrate stuff tho
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-02 23:40:51  
Anybody has a RDM spreadsheet then, so I can test moonshade vs mache+1 and see the differences? I got this feeling mache+1 is gonna win
 Bismarck.Norminator
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Hares
By Bismarck.Norminator 2018-12-03 07:54:39  
Anybody tested crocea mors enhancing spell damage boost and how it's performing ?
I would like to know if the bonus apply to both hands or just main hand ?
I'm guessing hte bonus doesn't apply with you cast the spell with the swordt equip on off hand.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2018-12-03 09:16:13  
It is only for main hand and must be worn to have the effect. No effect on the off hand. Does exactly what it says. Enspell Does indeed do 500% more damage. Elemental sword weapon skills are fun especially sanguine blade.

No buffs sanguine is doing around 17k for me on apex enemies. Have yet to get the chance to try it out in like dynamis. Other elemental weapon skills do around 10k on apex for me. Enspells doing around 600.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-12-03 09:54:24  
Just wait and see what Sanguine does once you are really geared / buffed for it Inside Dynamis my BLU is doing 15~17K with melee gear / job traits, RDM has even better gear for it along with lots of native MAB. Just whole hog MAB / INT / WSD / Dark Affinity with that sword and watch the 30K's roll in, that don't interrupt SC's and heal you to full each time. Plus the enspell buff is nearly doubling your main hand melee damage.
 Bismarck.Norminator
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Hares
By Bismarck.Norminator 2018-12-03 10:04:01  
I wonder if it worth buying.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-12-03 10:10:41  
Depends, it's a RDM melee weapon so how often are you meleeing on RDM? For myself it's not often enough to justify buying it, but others will have different play requirements.
By Afania 2018-12-03 10:10:51  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Anybody has a RDM spreadsheet then, so I can test moonshade vs mache+1 and see the differences? I got this feeling mache+1 is gonna win

Mache +1 does win.

Afania said: »
using sets from 1st page(except I changed moonshade to mache +1, pants to relic +3 for cdc because they are better).
[+]
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2018-12-08 16:47:04  
Did someone can put his Best death blossom set ? i wanna upgrade mine and check what ppl use.

thks in advance
By Ruaumoko 2018-12-08 19:35:55  
Bismarck.Norminator said: »
Anybody tested crocea mors enhancing spell damage boost and how it's performing ?
I would like to know if the bonus apply to both hands or just main hand ?
I'm guessing hte bonus doesn't apply with you cast the spell with the swordt equip on off hand.
I've been using the Su4 sword (+400% Enspell Damage and +75% Elemental Weapon Skill Damage) and I'm very impressed with it. I've been getting 500-600 damage enspells, it really adds up with a good TP build and Temper II. I've been getting some 18-20k Red Lotus Blades as well, will probably go higher when I'm fully buffed - I haven't tested yet. Only draw back is that you need to hold TP for it to really hurt and losing the TP Bonus from Sequence makes it feel slower than it really is.

Yes, both effects only work when the sword is used in the main hand and the sword must remain equipped for the effect to remain.

I would not buy the Crocea Mors for 180-200m as it is on some servers but I would get a few synth sets and try have it made. I got my Sagitta made on the 4th attempt so 8 sets should do it.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-12-11 09:58:44  
So me messing around outside I got around 12~13K Sanguine blades just by myself with zero outside assistance, that went to 20K with a 900 Dunna Acumen + Malaise. Weather would of boosted that a further 10%. Enspells were 118 per hit.

This is with a semi-optimized set, good but there are things I could do better.

Using this as a baseline we can predict That sword to enable 24~25K Sanguine blades unbuffed and closer to 40~50K using a GEO. Enspells would be 708 per hit.

So yeah it's Jesus Juice for Red Mage melee as it's the first weapon to really play to RDM's strengths instead of it's weakness's.
[+]
Guildwork Premium
By Quendi210 2018-12-11 16:29:55  
RDM Bow 30macc is a thing.

Gonna have to make weapon lock toggle more complicated

The Magic Attack on the new stage makes it our best nuking and Sanguine piece in Ranged/Ammo or is there something I'm forgetting?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-12-11 17:34:01  

The Magic Attack on the new stage makes it our best nuking and Sanguine piece in Ranged/Ammo or is there something I'm forgetting?
Yes, that there is no Magic Attack on it.
[+]
Guildwork Premium
By Quendi210 2018-12-11 17:51:51  
Asura.Chiaia said: »

Yes, that there is no Magic Attack on it.

I must have been half asleep when I looked at it and the other weapons. I'm very embarrassed. It might also have been a case of wishful thinking from before the update.

Still plan to get asap just for the Magic Accuracy.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-12-14 17:26:20  
Wasnt happy with my RDM resist rate in wave3, this is what I have come up with for max acc ie: silence, frazzle2

ItemSet 363763
Murgy R15/15
Kaykaus Path A
Chironic Hose MND 15/Macc 34
Succellos's MND 30 Macc 20

Any suggestions?

Edit: changed to Eletta Bow!
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 141 142 143