Asura.Chiaia
VIP
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-07-16 02:11:41  
Quendi210 said: »
Any additional testing yet, Chiaia?
Tons and everything seems to line up besides Dia III. I wanteded to get my alt to 75 RDM for a bit more info before releasing the info.
By Aerix 2018-07-17 07:56:20  
By the way, since you guys were using Regal cuffs in your duration calculations for Dia III: do you actually own a pair or was it theoretical? Even with mules to hold extra KIs, getting it to drop from Ou seems pretty rare, but still less rare than a body drop.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-07-17 08:57:07  
Aerix said: »
By the way, since you guys were using Regal cuffs in your duration calculations for Dia III: do you actually own a pair or was it theoretical? Even with mules to hold extra KIs, getting it to drop from Ou seems pretty rare, but still less rare than a body drop.
I own a pair and they were used in my actual testing.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-07-17 10:52:59  

I'd wager a better comparison of droprates might be one omen body droprate versus all the regal hands rates' combined. As far as I can tell the hands all share a slot- not a ton of analysis here just anecdotal because have seen pools of scale/mat/hands, mat/mat/hands, mat/accessory/accessory/hands but never a "xxx/hands/hands" pool when they did drop.

Yeah, they're horrible still, and there's no reason based on their stats for them to be THIS rare, but if you combine all the hands (since they do drop from one mob, I'll argue that's a fair comparison to body droprates), they're slightly better than bodies.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-07-17 11:43:12  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
never a "xxx/hands/hands" pool when they did drop.
https://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/80251

Pretty sure hands are 3-4% chance on each gear slot, then within that the different hands are equal probability.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-07-17 11:46:51  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
never a "xxx/hands/hands" pool when they did drop.
https://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/80251

Pretty sure hands are 3-4% chance on each gear slot, then within that the different hands are equal probability.

I am pleasantly proven wrong! A marginal fraction of hope shows its head for double drops! ;) Thanks for a moment of optimism in the ragefest against Ou.
Guildwork Premium
By Quendi210 2018-07-17 19:36:39  
Asura.Chiaia said: »
I own a pair and they were used in my actual testing.

I also own a pair but only got recently. I did my personal test just to see max before Chiaia's post with a formula.
 Fairy.Crion
サーバ: Fairy
user: Crion
By Fairy.Crion 2018-07-23 14:29:46  
Wouldn’t Ea cuffs +1/Relic feet+3 beat Amalric gages +1/ea feet+1 for bursts? Or is elemental skill on the gages just that important or is it a matter of people more likely having the +1 gages already?

My napkin math says relic feet and ea hands but I’m not known for my math skills
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-07-23 14:53:44  
Here is what I am running on RDM. I have the +2 feet but not the +3 to test. When you swap out either nails/hands you are losing 20MAB from set bonus.
MBD I = 41%
MBD II = 35%
Grioavolr INT+11, MAB26, MAC23,Burst 7%,MDMG 8
ItemSet 360182

The amarlic gages+1 end up at +63MAB with the nails in play. I cant see how cuffs+1 could top that? Cuffs have 4 more int, but gages+1 have 28 more MAB, 20 more MACC, 14 more skill. What am I missing?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-07-23 15:03:38  
Fairy.Crion said: »
Wouldn’t Ea cuffs +1/Relic feet+3 beat Amalric gages +1/ea feet+1 for bursts? Or is elemental skill on the gages just that important or is it a matter of people more likely having the +1 gages already?

My napkin math says relic feet and ea hands but I’m not known for my math skills

no comment on exact BiS, but I do know most people despise the Ea Feet because of their ZERO INT on the NQ, and a paltry 5 INT on the HQ. I can't imagine many sets that would include them as an option. If you need the MBB I on the Ea feet, augmenting a pair of merlinic would do better, even with the loss of MBB II. If you want raw MAB, the set bonus of Amalric+1 hands/feet would make up for the loss of MBB II as well if you're capping MBB I through other slots.

Again, I'm not claiming to have mathed them out, but just a quick glance at the Ea feet shows easier options with higher INT, higher MAB, and there's plenty of ability to cap MBB I without the feet.
By Boshi 2018-07-23 15:06:35  
Can use Refoccilation Stone belt
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-07-23 15:21:06  
Boshi said: »
Can use Refoccilation Stone belt
ty
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2018-07-23 16:35:36  
The argument is for ea feet/amalric hands vs relic3feet/ea hands. Difference between them is;

68 Macc/41int/85mab/6mbII/14skill

Vs

92 Macc/70int/90mab/6mbII/0skill

Question was just does the skill outweigh in some way the added int Macc and mab from using relic feet and ea hands.
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-07-23 16:58:04  
It’s the current understanding/assumption that each point of skill = 1 MACC (either that or it’s like Combat skill and gives what? 0.85 per point?) right?

But at minimum it should mirror the Combat Skill Mechanic so 14 skill will = 11.9~14 MAcc.....

SE really needs to expand the checkparam to include Magic Accuracy and the like.

EDIT
never mind, BG has it as 1 acc per point.

I don’t even want to know how you test that exactly but cool
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-23 17:01:49  
Valefor.Yandaime said: »
SE really needs to expand the checkparam to include Magic Accuracy and the like.

You'll just get the same *** answer the community gives everytime. "it's too hard" because each magic uses different stats and blahblahblah

macc for slow wouldn't be the same as the macc for fireII so they can't give macc stats. you'd have to display ice macc, fire macc, wind macc, mnd based macc, int based macc

Ridiculous.
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-07-23 17:09:47  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Valefor.Yandaime said: »

You'll just get the same *** answer the community gives everytime. "it's too hard" because each magic uses different stats and blahblahblah

macc for slow wouldn't be the same as the macc for fireII so they can't give macc stats. you'd have to display ice macc, fire macc, wind macc, mnd based macc, int based macc

Ridiculous.

Honestly it shouldn’t be that hard, just do a bareballs MAcc. And if you wanna add Earth Wind and Fire, do it yourself?

Should be one report for each skill imo, would cause a little clutter, sure but damnit I want a hard number for my Acc lol. And if they wanna cut the clutter make it so you do a report for the individual skill you want to check and it give you a “light/dark” report? Maybe?
 Fairy.Crion
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Crion 2018-07-23 17:19:22  
Asura.Toralin said: »
Here is what I am running on RDM. I have the +2 feet but not the +3 to test. When you swap out either nails/hands you are losing 20MAB from set bonus.
MBD I = 41%
MBD II = 35%
Grioavolr INT+11, MAB26, MAC23,Burst 7%,MDMG 8
ItemSet 360182

The amarlic gages+1 end up at +63MAB with the nails in play. I cant see how cuffs+1 could top that? Cuffs have 4 more int, but gages+1 have 28 more MAB, 20 more MACC, 14 more skill. What am I missing?

Sorry, basing it on Using raetic staff
By Aerix 2018-07-25 17:20:57  
Asura.Nuance said: »
The argument is for ea feet/amalric hands vs relic3feet/ea hands. Difference between them is;

68 Macc/41int/85mab/6mbII/14skill

Vs

92 Macc/70int/90mab/6mbII/0skill

Question was just does the skill outweigh in some way the added int Macc and mab from using relic feet and ea hands.

You probably shouldn't be comparing Amalric+1/Ea+1 with Ea+1/Relic feet+3, as Amalric hands+feet give a noticeable MAB+20 set bonus and are thus more valuable together. Magic Burst Damage 1 is also easy enough to cap.

So it would be:

Ea hands+1/Relic+3: INT+70, MAB+90, MACC+92, MBD+6, MDBII+6
vs.
2xAmalric+1: INT+57, MAB+125, MACC+54, MDMG+11, MBDII+6
vs.
Ea hands/feet+1 (for comparison's sake): INT+45, MAB+67, MACC+97, MBD+11, MBDII+11

Assuming Ea+1 head/bdoy/legs, Mizu. Kubikazari and Static earring, you'll be almost capped at MBD+39 anyway, so the MBD+ wouldn't win even if you get +8 MAB from Friomisi.

I don't think double Ea+1 is worth considering, so Amalric+1 obviously wins for damage, whereas Ea+1/Relic+3 has significantly more MACC (fairly important for RDM). I'd say get both sets and nuke depending on resist rates, while adjusting accessories to account for differences in MBD values.
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2018-07-26 15:21:37  
ItemSet 357789

More interested in not worrying about accuracy to begin with personally. Mp is never an issue so the extra mp from raetic is negligible.
[+]
By Aerix 2018-07-26 16:16:06  
It really depends on the content level, but you do you.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2018-07-27 04:26:52  
someone have test the dispel +1 neck ? i'm waiting gils to buy i guess the +1 version.
[+]
 Asura.Netero
user: Bodille
By Asura.Netero 2018-07-27 07:10:56  
Asura.Psylo said: »
someone have test the dispel +1 neck ? i'm waiting gils to buy i guess the +1 version.

dispel 2 status effect.
log shows:
2 of the <insert monster's name here> effects disappear!

that was just quick test on some gobi outside mhaura while waiting for my friends to do Ambu.
By geigei 2018-07-27 07:39:33  
Asura.Psylo said: »
Test what? all 3 tiers are the same dispel.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-27 07:40:38  
But but but ... white box...
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-07-27 07:57:29  
blue box or get out!
[+]
By Aeronar 2018-08-04 16:43:54  
Been through the past few pages and haven't seen an up-to-date TP set for RDM. Is the first page set still the best, or can someone post a more modern one, please? My general understanding is to look for STP over everything once accuracy and DW are taken care of. Is that correct?

My current set is (but with the sword and dagger switched):

ItemSet 360401
 Cerberus.Tacothecat
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Tacothecat 2018-08-05 18:55:09  
ItemSet 360403

Assuming you don't have the volte gear, swap it out for the next highest store tp piece you can get.
By Aerix 2018-08-06 02:46:16  
Cerberus.Tacothecat said: »
ItemSet 360403

Assuming you don't have the volte gear, swap it out for the next highest store tp piece you can get.

The Cryptic Earring seems out of place. I assume it's supposed to be Eabani Earring for the Dual Wield?

Also, Volte feet aren't going to beat Carmine greaves +1 for TP, unless you're really hurting for Accuracy. Other than that, Anu Torque would be higher DPS than Ainia Collar unless you absolutely need that STP+1 to reduce your x-hit build.

Can't really argue with the Volte gear, except that having 3 of those pieces is extremely unlikely unless you are really lucky and your LS adores you to death.

Ayanmo+2 and Taeon are still the go-to for almost everyone. Chironic gloves could be useable for Dual Wield if the augments are good, but they're rather low on gear haste, so you won't be able to cap without Volte legs.
By Boshi 2018-08-06 09:28:34  
Cerberus.Tacothecat said: »
ItemSet 360403

Head taeon
Feet carmine+1
Body/legs/hands volte

The Bands and legs are extremely close to taeon.
Ayanmo hands get smoked by taeon even accounting for the enspell unresisted and capped attack.

The body beats both taeon and ayanmo rather easily. Since body is so rare: Taeon body slighty better than ayanmo, ayanmo for high acc.

If you’re in a situation where ilabdat is beating petrov (most of the time) neck to anu
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 141 142 143