フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 124 125 126 ... 141 142 143
 Bismarck.Indigla
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2021-02-12 19:11:39  
Are 15k unassisted nukes attainable by RDM for Omen objectives?
 Fenrir.Aladeus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2021-02-12 21:22:34  
@fett2 your unsorted inventory makes my brain upset lol
 Ragnarok.Lowen
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-02-12 23:21:39  
Bismarck.Indigla said: »

Unassisted, probably not. I don't think I've ever actually tried buff-less but without Malaise I doubt I could hit anything in Omen for 15k.
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-12 23:27:13  
I believe RDM maxes out at somewhere around 13k unassisted barring like, 50 MAB/15 INT DM augments.
[+]
By drakefs 2021-02-13 01:45:21  
What about using Sybil and maybe Sylvie (not sure if she buffs MAB for a RDM)? I know I can hit it on BLU with BA + Sybil.
By SimonSes 2021-02-13 04:12:58  
On blu you can hit probably for 20k without sybil and much higher if you care to debuff mob before nuke. I think RDM will be able to do it with new club and daybreak dual wielding them, then casting impact, gain int, sybil, monberaux and nuking from 1 range with Orpheus.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-02-13 05:33:17  
On RDM I wasn't able to do the 15k obj, even with GainINT and Frazzle3 on target, and Star Sybil.
But we're talking about years ago, my gear was good but not BiS, I didn't have Sylvie (uses Mab bubble if u summon her with RDM) and blah blah.

Maybe today it would be possible I dunno.

On BLU it's super easy even with no trusts and with moderately good gear. Just use Bust Affinity and Spectral Floe and you're gonna go easily above 15k even without special debuffs/buffs.
There are several ways to boost your MAB through job traits and spells (memento mori) if you feel u're close but not getting there.

tl;dr
it's super easy on BLU.
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2021-02-13 07:51:04  

If you have enough MAB/INT, can match day element + monster weakness, take advantage of Orpheus Sash, and debuff the target first (Frazzle, Impact), you should be able to get pretty close.

If you're still short, trust buffs/debuffs may help you get over the hump:

- Sybil: Indi-Acumen/Focus,
- Monbereaux: for stat Boost and Mix: Elemental Power (MAB +20),
- Excenmille: Stag's Call (MAB +15),
- Arciela: Guiding Light (MAB+),
- Lion: Powder Keg (mdef down),
- Kayeel-Payeel: Tartarus Torpor (mdef down),
- Shantotto II: Lesson in Pain (mdef down).

It'll probably drive you crazy trying to get them to use certain abilities when you need it, tho.
 Odin.Areyla
サーバ: Odin
user: areyla
By Odin.Areyla 2021-02-13 19:20:25  
I somehow saved enough to get a Crocea Mors and I had a few questions.

At what point does Crocea/Daybreak (assuming Daybreak offhand is good) for sanguine blade beat a naegling/thibron for DPS? For savage blade I'm sitting on mostly AF/Relic+2.

For Sanguine Blade, until Amalric+1 is attained, is Jhakri+2 a viable alternative? What's a feasible stop-gap until enough is saved for HQ Amalric?
VIP
By Lili 2021-02-13 19:36:20  
Asura.Sechs said: »
But we're talking about years ago, my gear was good but not BiS, I didn't have Sylvie (uses Mab bubble if u summon her with RDM) and blah blah.

Good luck actually getting Sylvie to do that - on anything lv100 and above she seems to only ever do macc.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-02-13 23:57:54  
because she checks your magic accuracy when she goes to cast it, and since you're probably in a tp set which may lack a sufficient amount, she's going to use the m.acc buff instead.
By SimonSes 2021-02-14 04:30:02  
Odin.Areyla said: »

At what point does Crocea/Daybreak (assuming Daybreak offhand is good) for sanguine blade beat a naegling/thibron for DPS? For savage blade I'm sitting on mostly AF/Relic+2.

For Sanguine Blade, until Amalric+1 is attained, is Jhakri+2 a viable alternative? What's a feasible stop-gap until enough is saved for HQ Amalric?

This is kinda a weird question. Crocea/Sanguine is magic damage, Naegling/Savage is physical damage. The point where one is better than another is when you are getting buffs/debuffs favoring one of those type of damage or target is naturally weak or resist to magic/darkness/physical.

If you ask for solo, you simply need to check it yourself, because model of dps for specific scenario is always unique and its much easier to check it in practice than calculate it guessing the numbers.

Now to gear, You only want 2 pieces of amalric for Sanguine. Legs and Body. You want Pixies Hairpin +1, Relic+3 feet and Jhakri hands for the rest. Jhakri body and legs are probably the best place holder, but Merlinic with decent augment are even better (DM augments having potential to be bis).
 Odin.Areyla
サーバ: Odin
user: areyla
By Odin.Areyla 2021-02-14 14:45:39  
SimonSes said: »

This is kinda a weird question. Crocea/Sanguine is magic damage, Naegling/Savage is physical damage. The point where one is better than another is when you are getting buffs/debuffs favoring one of those type of damage or target is naturally weak or resist to magic/darkness/physical.

If you ask for solo, you simply need to check it yourself, because model of dps for specific scenario is always unique and its much easier to check it in practice than calculate it guessing the numbers.

Now to gear, You only want 2 pieces of amalric for Sanguine. Legs and Body. You want Pixies Hairpin +1, Relic+3 feet and Jhakri hands for the rest. Jhakri body and legs are probably the best place holder, but Merlinic with decent augment are even better (DM augments having potential to be bis).

Thank you this is helpful.
Often I ask questions without even a good base of knowledge on how best to post the question so background on situational buff dependence is helpful.

The gear is helpful too! I'll keep working on Relic+3 pieces then.

Sounds like the nuance of the fight are important as well.
VIP
By Lili 2021-02-14 14:48:39  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
because she checks your magic accuracy when she goes to cast it, and since you're probably in a tp set which may lack a sufficient amount, she's going to use the m.acc buff instead.

Indeed. I suppose one could lock in a max macc set, pull a trash mob, engage, wait for Sylvie to behave, then unlock it.

Bleh.
 Bismarck.Barrdjr
user: barrd
By Bismarck.Barrdjr 2021-02-20 13:33:49  
so what would a 2021 CDC set look like for red mage everything i find is so old
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2021-02-20 13:48:02  
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/55398/anything-you-can-do-i-can-do-better-rdm-guide/

is more up to date. What's old is new again with aug'ing unity pieces
 Bismarck.Barrdjr
user: barrd
By Bismarck.Barrdjr 2021-02-20 14:35:29  
thanks that what i was looking for
100%
By drakefs 2021-02-21 11:13:47  
Sounds like the nuance of the fight are important as well.

You also have to remember that if you are main handing Crocea, you are probably using an Enspell and your white damage is going to make up a lot of ground vs just Savage Spam.
[+]
By Crossbones 2021-02-21 12:52:52  
That's the reason I still use crocea mainhand if I'm at pdif and still want to use savage. Sure crocea doesn't have the bonus sb damage but it has higher base damage and if the mob takes full enspell damage that makes it even better, probably even pulls ahead.
By aiyah4la84 2021-02-23 16:39:03  
I'm a fresh 99 ambuscade gear only rdm no JP, whats the gearing priorities?
 Shiva.Berzerk
サーバ: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-02-23 17:05:50  
aiyah4la84 said: »
I'm a fresh 99 ambuscade gear only rdm no JP, whats the gearing priorities?

Cure, enhancing, enfeebling sets would be my priority on a fresh character. Melee can be nice but I don't really use my RDM for meleeing anything because it's usually my healer/buffer as well.
[+]
By Argisto 2021-02-24 21:00:23  

Super late but you can get there with star sybil trust.

ItemSet 378290

Merlinic Hood augmented with INT +10, MagAcc +24, MagAtt +36, Magic Damage +13, Body/legs path A, hands/feet path D, Cape INT +30, MagAtt +10, MagAcc/Dmg +20.
My current set with Gain-INT and star sybil trust lands Thunder V for 15337 on omen leeches.

You can squeeze out an extra +10 MagAtt by swapping body and legs to path D if you wanted and rely on Frazzle to land unresisted.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-02-24 21:10:55  
I'll just point out that if you don't have a pretty perfect aug on merlinic hood (like the above poster) or a Cath Palug crown, cohort cloak +1 augmented is probably bis for free nukes.
By Argisto 2021-02-26 19:54:49  
Just a small update to Omen free nuke chat: 15k unassisted nukes are 100% possible. Above set using Thunder V with just Gain-Int and Impact on Transcended Leech-15584, Transcended Beetle-16216. No trust buffs or weather procs.
By Guyford 2021-02-26 20:52:23  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I'll just point out that if you don't have a pretty perfect aug on merlinic hood (like the above poster) or a Cath Palug crown, cohort cloak +1 augmented is probably bis for free nukes.
Pretty sure EA +1 head is still gonna beat Cohort Cloak.
 Asura.Bootus
user: Sgtsalt
By Asura.Bootus 2021-03-10 12:19:40  
So how's that new Nyame set looking for RDM? Is it good enough to replace some malignance by going Path A? Are we going to jam Path B on most of it and call it a WS set? Are we getting a new MB set in Path C? I'm not sure what to do with all this.

Assuming RDM main, of course.
 Sylph.Excalin
サーバ: Sylph
user: Excalin
By Sylph.Excalin 2021-03-10 12:25:10  
I am interested in what the numbers look like for Path B, I have yet to sit down and do some simple napkin math to see if it is even in the ball park of consideration.
By Torzak 2021-03-10 13:14:49  
At a glance, while at work, I suspect it will not be quite as much of a boost for Sanguine as folks hope for, which I suspect is a primary focus for many.

It's not doing anything for Sanguine in the head slot: Pixie +1

As it relates to using our SU5, it has that huge +100% elemental WS mod, which multiplies and feeds on things like MND or INT & MAB, quite nicely. Each piece in this set has only 30MAB. Which is probably an easy 20 MAB less per slot for that 100% mod on SU5 to feed on compared to what you're using now. You're basically just taking away chunks of MAB to replace it with more % mod when you already have a huge chunk of that.

It might be pretty slick for elemental WS skill chains if you've got an interest in skill chain damage specifically.

And it'll probably be pretty phenomenal for Aeolian where you don't have that huge all-in-one 100% WS mod. The % mod on each piece will be more meaningful here.

It'll be great for Savage & any chains Savage closes.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-10 13:58:16  
I think it's gonna be good for Club builds as well, if for whatever reason you wanna go that route for damage.

Black Halo and Judgement are not really that bad, granted I'd say they're inferior to Naeg's SB spam, but still not bad at all in general.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-10 14:57:15  
Torzak said: »
As it relates to using our SU5, it has that huge +100% elemental WS mod, which multiplies and feeds on things like MND or INT & MAB, quite nicely. Each piece in this set has only 30MAB. Which is probably an easy 20 MAB less per slot for that 100% mod on SU5 to feed on compared to what you're using now. You're basically just taking away chunks of MAB to replace it with more % mod when you already have a huge chunk of that.
You seem to be confused; Crocea has zero effect on how MAB, MND, and WSDMG compare to each other, and it actually devalues INT, not enhances it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 124 125 126 ... 141 142 143