フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Question about Assassin's Armlets
Question about Assassin's Armlets
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
サーバ: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-09-16 20:52:34  
Seraphita said:
This means that THx status is granted UPON POINT OF ENMITY. Changing your gears to "add TH" after the initial engagement DOES NOTHING. It also means you are free to swap out equipment after THx status has been granted.

Not neccesarily, there's always the possibility that it rechecks TH status everytime you do an action on the mob. Would probably have to ask SE to get that clarification though, lol.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-09-16 21:41:39  
Tarowyn said:

Not neccesarily, there's always the possibility that it rechecks TH status everytime you do an action on the mob. Would probably have to ask SE to get that clarification though, lol.

Not sure, but if "Treasure hunter +1" was augmenting the job trait like certain pieces of gear augment a job ability then yes would need to have gloves/dagger equiped at the point when TH first activates.

But i'm not too sure if this is the case, they have already said stronger TH overrides weaker TH put on a mob, so I would assume when you equip the gloves/dagger the next move that you do that causes enmity gain will have stronger TH attached and so new TH is applied...
 Asura.Shamaya
サーバ: Asura
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2009-09-24 00:03:46  
It doesn't mean any of that necessarily, Seraphita. Your 2nd and 3rd sentence assume a little too much. Clarity could be given if you used "the" or "a" before "THx status" in your 1st sentence ("a" would have been more accurate).

This is actually a surprisingly good discussion compared to TH topics I've seen on other forums. I think that's saying a lot.

Same as I've said elsewhere, be very careful what you assume/derive from the facts. The facts being the SE commentaries given to us a couple of fanfests ago.

It's also important to note that the Devs aren't gods who can phrase things perfectly every time, nor have the time to be so careful and concise with their words during a live interview. And also don't forget that these are translated from Japanese, and not ver batim.

Nonetheless, I agree it's enough to say that we know:
*Must have produced enmity on the mob for TH to be active
*Must have performed an action on the mob for TH to be active
*In instances of multiple TH, the highest level of TH is the one that is active (in their words, 'party'; in my testing, ~verified to be 'alliance')
*If the player dies, the effect remains
*No effect on coffers

There are more useful bits and pieces from these interviews, but these above statements are some of the most important and non-vague.

Let's be careful and not assume too much beyond this. I agree that it's likely that killing the mob in TH2 after proccing TH4 is fine, but we don't have the knowledge to substantiate it--only assumptions. Let's also not make assumptions on zoning based on the death commentary. It seems very likely that TH will remain based on this, and also likely that the "TH is an additional effect" model is accurate. But we don't have access to the game code. If the programmers wanted to, they could have it that TH stays on after you die, but not if you zone, even if dying clears hate while zoning doesn't completely. They could do that. Not saying it's likely, but the very fact that we can't say they couldn't, since we don't have the actual game code in front of us, means it's foolish to assume more than is necessary.

So I'm careful. But as long as there's at least one thief in the alliance, in the zone, with TH4 equipped (and their last enmity-producing action was done while TH4 was equipped **edit: read what Tarowyn said two posts above mine), whether dead or alive, I'm happy. Even being skeptical as I am, the above is rather easy to accomplish and fairly reasonable.
[+]
 Ifrit.Maverick
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Maverick
By Ifrit.Maverick 2009-10-02 15:19:47  
Putting TH1, 2 or 3 on the mob then changing to a higher tier TH would update the effect to the highest level

Changing your equipment to be in a lesser tier would not update this, as only HIGHER tiers will overwrite any previous actions

Dieing will not affect this as long as the dead body is within range, zoning will however, as the THF would no longer be in XP range, and logging out would also affect this for the same reason(DCing included)

The only reason using both would be useless is if there was a cap on TH+ at the pathetic amount of +1(a cap like the haste cap i mean)
 Pandemonium.Natasdrol
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Natasdrol 2009-10-02 16:25:36  
its really not complicated at all. there is just a % chance that TH will kick in. its ovious it is not 100%. the thief must be on the hate list and highest teir. if you die/dc zone, you are no longer on the hate list. you dont even have to engauge the mob to be on the hate list. you can simply range attack or collorbator/accomplice but when you do your ability to be on the hate list you must have your highest teir of TH equip at the time.
 Asura.Shamaya
サーバ: Asura
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2009-10-03 07:07:11  
The only thing you said that's outright incorrect has to do with the collab/accomplice bit, Natasdrol. Not only must the thief have produced enmity on the target mob (also per Kaeko's research we know that 'the hate list' as we call it now and your total enmity are not the same thing), but they also must have performed an action on the mob itself. I only emphasize this because this is a direct quote from SE that a lot of people miss. Per their statement, a missed ranged attack (unless it's the first action on the mob) and a single collaborator does not constitute registered TH.

As for what the rest of you last two said, you're probably right. However, we-do-not-have-access-to-the-game-code. Again bolded for emphasis because we can make (probably accurate) assumptions regarding the game mechanics based on these commentaries, but they will never be more than just that.