By Asura.Thorva 2016-08-03 01:03:04  
Shiva.Siviard said: »
Asura.Thorva said: »
For melee RDM....

Full set of +1 = +6% Haste
Haste +10% augment on Ambuscade cape
Tempus Fugit's +14% Haste

Problem solved! With a slight bit of overkill, but hey, at least gear haste is capped.

Carmine head/legs give more haste and acc, even the NQ wins with
right augments, not to mention dual wield from legs.

Edit: chironic gloves get better acc and haste as well.

Keep in mind, not everyone has access to Carmine gear.

Carmine abj head/legs aren't that difficult to get, also some of the cheapest cursed items especially in NQ. If you don't have the gil you can sell sparks during a gain-exp RoE pt and not only get enough gil for the cursed items, but probably have enough gil for a merc. Furthermore you could sell the excess hallmark/gallantry buy-able items during the time you make your 3 capes you would have plenty of gil for both cursed nq items and a merc. There is no excuse that people can't get this stuff except out of pure laziness.
 Shiva.Siviard
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-08-03 01:03:19  
Siren.Lordgrim said: »
Did this update also include the reduction of Evasion for high level nm content? I remember them talking about it

Yes, it was mentioned in the update notes.

Quote:
The amount of defense a player gains by increasing VIT has been increased for the following characters.
PCs / Alter egos / Fellows / Familiars / Wyverns/ Avatars / Automatons / Luopans
* Enemy NPCs and pets controlled with the job ability Charm are not subject to this adjustment.
The evasion of high-level monsters has been decreased.
By Gihl 2016-08-03 01:03:44  
yes is in the update notes
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-08-03 01:05:13  
For melee RDM....

Problem solved! With a slight bit of overkill, but hey, at least gear haste is capped.

Carmine abj head/legs aren't that difficult to get, also some of the cheapest cursed items especially in NQ. If you don't have the gil you can sell sparks during a gain-exp RoE pt and not only get enough gil for the cursed items, but probably have enough gil for a merc. Furthermore you could sell the excess hallmark/gallantry buy-able items during the time you make your 3 capes you would have plenty of gil for both cursed nq items and a merc. There is no excuse that people can't get this stuff except out of pure laziness.

I bet you ANYTHING there will be tons of people sporting 5/5 of the +1 set. Not everyone does endgame stuff on a regular basis.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2016-08-03 01:06:54  
Siren.Lordgrim said: »
Did this update also include the reduction of Evasion for high level nm content? I remember them talking about it
Yes
 Sylph.Traxus
サーバ: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2016-08-03 01:07:31  
Casting spells in this set is going to ***on your recasts something hard.

The defensive stats are also horrid, you will lose massive amounts of eva/meva/mdef when you swap it in.

Don't see why the set needed these penalties, putting acc/atk + nuking stats on the same pieces (instead of more useful secondary stats for nuking) was already bad enough.
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
サーバ: Asura
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-08-03 01:09:01  
For melee RDM....

I bet you ANYTHING there will be tons of people sporting 5/5 of the +1 set. Not everyone does endgame stuff on a regular basis.

I already know they will, there will be rdms and possibly blu's wear all 6% haste from that, throw on tempus and think haste 2 is enough when the sad reality is you could get NQ carmine head/legs and chironic gloves in less than 2 hours, and that is with terrible luck.

2 hours in a month really isn't that hard. Especially with the time invested for the ambuscade they went for that 5/5 +1 set.
By Afania 2016-08-03 01:11:20  
Sylph.Traxus said: »

The defensive stats are also horrid, you will lose massive amounts of eva/meva/mdef when you swap it in.

Don't see why the set needed these penalties, putting acc/atk + nuking stats on the same pieces (instead of more useful secondary stats for nuking) was already bad enough.

It's supposed to be an easy to obtain set for casual though. If it's really, really really good then no one would do escha for minimal to no increase anymore.
By Titanfoo 2016-08-03 01:12:55  
Decent amount of INT on mage set, fact that 0 MP is on it it troubling, great for Ws's and a win for blu's
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-08-03 01:14:21  
The penalties on this set really are kind of rough. I can work around it somewhat for debuffs (I need a debuff cape with haste instead of FC now, wheee), but for nuking? I often can't afford to compromise recasts and the gains aren't nearly good enough even for BLU (=no Merlinic, pretty sure BLM/RDM/GEO give no *** about this stuff for nuking) to justify swapping anything else out. I think I'd rather have had the acc/macc and some utility stats than trying to shoehorn in some mab and crippling the set to "compensate".
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2016-08-03 01:15:29  
Afania said: »

It's supposed to be an easy to obtain set for casual though. If it's really, really really good then no one would do escha for minimal to no increase anymore.
We used to pay 100M for 1% Double Attack on a grip. I doubt that we're gonna stop min-maxing now just because Ambuscade gear is reasonably good with Haste/Defensive stats. :P

That said, whilst I understand people's complaints, we've truly become spoiled brats haven't we? Remember back before Adoulin when RDM had to actually go out of it's way to get capped Haste? Pepperidge Farm I remember. Everyone else did it easily but we struggled. This, is a return to that. The rest of these sets have been low-haste by comparison to have we've come to expect in recent years, so why does this surprise anyone? <_<
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-08-03 01:15:32  
For melee RDM....

I already know they will, there will be rdms and possibly blu's wear all 6% haste from that, throw on tempus and think haste 2 is enough when the sad reality is you could get NQ carmine head/legs and chironic gloves in less than 2 hours, and that is with terrible luck.

2 hours in a month really isn't that hard. Especially with the time invested for the ambuscade they went for that 5/5 +1 set.

Well, you gave yourself away when you said "Merc" in an earlier post.

Not everyone has millions upon millions of gil like you. And as Murisia said, not many will bother taking them up to participate in current endgame unless....Oh, I don't know......they hire a mercenary? Many don't even bother because of that "mercenary" aspect. Not many will help people get gear because they are kind, which is a very sad reality, especially on Asura from what I've heard on countless occasions.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-08-03 01:15:55  
The recast problem is pretty bad, I'm not going to lie, but this is still a solid overall set. To be fair, I'm looking at this set entirely for BLU, as pure mages have far superior options.
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-08-03 01:18:29  

I was looking at that same stuff, possible ws swap pieces for rdm since rdm lacks innate attack. Maybe some m.acc pieces for mages if people get bad luck on augments. Other than that, lockstyle. That massive hit on haste is too much to be doing much casting with.

Not bad on acc for rdm, but that takes a little adjusting, nothing too big though can still gear near -delay cap with those who are lucky to have domain invasion earring/suppa, HQ carmine legs/head, chironic hands, DW ambuscade cape, I might sacrifice some acc for despair body, and use the +1 feet from ambuscade and swap to the Ioskeha Belt. I think that would be 26%+ haste and just shy of the needed 26% DW, putting rdm 1DW away from -delay cap.
By Murisia 2016-08-03 01:20:21  
For melee RDM....

Not everyone has millions upon millions of gil like you. And as Murisia said, not many will bother taking them up to participate in current endgame unless....Oh, I don't know......they hire a mercenary? Many don't even bother because of that "mercenary" aspect. Not many will help people get gear because they are kind, which is a very sad reality, especially on Asura from what I've heard on countless occasions.

This is absolutely the case, having this gear isn't to make them top of the class its to help them have gear. How are they supposed to get endgame ready if they already have to be endgame ready before they're invited. Only a few people i know will help others for nothing. its constantly merc this merc that. I'm not a gil maker, i'm barely able to make 5m in a month lol. So if i can't find a way to get the gear thats good i have to settle for an alternative
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-08-03 01:24:17  
For melee RDM....

lol get off it. Those nm's are a joke and get destroyed by pick up groups all the time. If you can't make a shout group and get the drops you aren't trying.
Merc's have become a common thing on more than one server, they exist everywhere. Both the nm's for the carmine head/leg abj can be duo by 2 blu and trust. Not everything in this game is so vastly complex it is impossible to get gear. You are talking about lvl 125 nm's, not lvl 145.

Murisia said: »
This is absolutely the case, having this gear isn't to make them top of the class its to help them have gear. How are they supposed to get endgame ready if they already have to be endgame ready before they're invited. Only a few people i know will help others for nothing. its constantly merc this merc that. I'm not a gil maker, i'm barely able to make 5m in a month lol. So if i can't find a way to get the gear thats good i have to settle for an alternative
You don't need top tier gear to kill a lvl 125 nm.... really not that hard. The fact you can't find people to help you is beyond me. The reason I stated merc was it is an easy as hell alternative. Furthermore you can make 5 mil gil selling sparks in 1 single gain-exp RoE.

You are making things more complicated than they really are.
[+]
By Mookies 2016-08-03 01:25:12  
Without a LS it's pretty *** hard to get geared.

Even on a populated server people don't want to take ungeared plebs to do low tier content, and they're highly likely to leave your group if you make your own and don't kill fast enough.
[+]
By Murisia 2016-08-03 01:27:20  
Get off what? i'm not talking about myself. I have my gear, i've fought the HELMS, i've cleared the t3's. Heck, i've even merc'd a few things. Nothing wrong with mercing, but just because there is other gear out there doesn't mean everyone has access to it.

Yes, the t2 and t3's aren't impossible, a lot of them can even be solo/duo'd, but not by everyone. That doesn't degrade the usefulness of this new gear to those players that can't acquire the abjurations or buy the cursed gear
 Asura.Raelia
user: Raelia
By Asura.Raelia 2016-08-03 01:27:26  
Check version is up.

Do your very best to just ignore Thorva's MASSIVE DONG.
[+]
 Sylph.Traxus
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2016-08-03 01:27:28  
Afania said: »

Because the gear has to be really really really good or really really really bad right? It couldn't have been something decent like the other non-usu ambuscade sets? I expected it to be a decent nuking set for blu at least since it can't wear merlinic...but they budgeted the defensive stats/haste into melee acc/atk and ruined it in the process.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-08-03 01:27:51  
For melee RDM....

lol get off it. Those nm's are a joke and get destroyed by pick up groups all the time. If you can't make a shout group and get the drops you aren't trying.
Merc's have become a common thing on more than one server, they exist everywhere. Both the nm's for the carmine head/leg abj can be duo by 2 blu and trust. Not everything in this game is so vastly complex it is impossible to get gear. You are talking about lvl 125 nm's, not lvl 145.

I think you missed the earlier point that Murisia was trying to make, when she said...

Quote:
How are they supposed to get endgame ready if they already have to be endgame ready before they're invited

I'm sure she'd LOVE to be able to do these NMs, but then comes the "gear inspection" and once she's deemed "gimp" she's kicked from the group.

Am I right on that Murisia?
[+]
By Murisia 2016-08-03 01:29:29  
I'm a he lol

<<<<manthra :P

Yes you're correct, though I can fight the NM's, i'm more talking about those who can't, you reach the correct point and I thank you for sharing that opinion with me
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-08-03 01:30:15  
Holy crap you guys don't listen.

YOU DON'T NEED A LINKSHELL TO CARRY YOU ON EVERY WIN AND PIECE OF GEAR IN THE GAME.

YOU CAN MAKE A SHOUT GROUP OF 3-4 PEOPLE AND GET THE WIN WITHOUT PERFECT GEAR.

Most escha-zitah t1/2 nm's can be killed using skirmish gear, use that gear to get you killing escha-ra'aun t1/2 nm's. Buy the vorseals, go regear yourself with some NQ abj gear. Bam ready for reisenjima t1.

(I really should have just hit caps lock to type that instead of holding shift.)

Edit: literally takes finding a starting point, go get skirmish gear, or even ambuscade gear if you plan on making 5/5 +1, use that to assist you to get the next tier of gear. It seriously won't take a team of 40 super hardcore players to get you abj items. Get 3-5 people in skirmish gear and go kill things in tiers.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-08-03 01:30:48  
I'm a he lol

<<<<manthra :P

Yes you're correct, though I can fight the NM's, i'm more talking about those who can't, you reach the correct point and I thank you for sharing that opinion with me

I need to give you a drag name, then.

How about this?

Iona Traylor?
By Murisia 2016-08-03 01:31:46  
call me whatever you want i'm not easily insulted lol
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2016-08-03 01:32:08  
The elitism in this thread makes me want to puke.

Have you ever met a returnee? Perhaps a new player, or one that hasn't quite got the hang of how things work on certain mobs. Maybe even *gasp* a more casual player... You get the idea.

You (in the general sense) were once new. You had to have help to get where you are. I doubt that you had to pay for it, so why is it that you insult those who, like you once did, need assistance?

I help people all the time, because guess what, FFXI isn't a competition. It's a PvE environment, so really, who gives a damn?

The new gear looks interesting, and I for one will be willing to help people that want it,I or help with abjurations if they can supply the pop items.

tl;dr don't be a *** to people who are like you were
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-08-03 01:33:35  
call me whatever you want i'm not easily insulted lol

I'm kidding. I troll Manthras all the time. There's one in my LS I troll constantly.
 Phoenix.Morier
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-08-03 01:34:31  
Mookies said: »
Without a LS it's pretty *** hard to get geared.

Even on a populated server people don't want to take ungeared plebs to do low tier content, and they're highly likely to leave your group if you make your own and don't kill fast enough.
Then that would make you the ungeared pleb. Luckily I have np gearing people in my ls. So many great, friendly people. Even folks that have just joined. I love em and hope you can find a ls.
By Murisia 2016-08-03 01:35:12  
trolling and casually having fun is a great way to make friends, that is what i started playing this game for.

I collect random gear, am i going to get the ambuscade +1? probably, not because it will be my bis but because i'm an idiot and horde things >.>
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12