Monothiesm And The 3 Abrahamic Faiths

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Monothiesm and the 3 Abrahamic Faiths
Monothiesm and the 3 Abrahamic Faiths
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Sylph.Seidell
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2016-08-08 13:49:40  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Does anyone here believe in nihilism?

Which one? Metaphysical, moral, mereological, political, existential, or epistemological?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-08 13:50:28  
What, the rejection of all religion and the belief that life is meaningless?

That's awfully Canadian sounding belief there.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-08 14:08:53  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
What, the rejection of all religion and the belief that life is meaningless?

That's awfully Canadian sounding belief there.
You are profoundly ignorant about Canadian beliefs my friend.
Calm down there Canadian.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Brimstone
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2016-08-08 14:17:46  
Plenty of people argue nihilistic positions (often disguised as something else). Most of them are unaware their position is nihilistic, in fact many will attempt to do so from a position of moral authority (which is oxymoronic).

Exceedingly few people will actually admit to nihilism and all of the ramifications of which it entails.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-08 14:26:00  
A lot of people just don't care about the other person's beliefs.

They only care when others try to force their beliefs onto them.
By Ramyrez 2016-08-08 14:29:02  
The only nihilists that enter my train of thought with any frequency.

Careful. They might cut off your Johnson.
[+]
By maldini 2016-08-08 14:29:09  
Explains a lot. There I was thinking that some of you had arrived at your views after having read some of Nietzche's philosophy and commentary. Imagine my surprise that some of you haven't (lol sarcasm).

I can work with Nhilists and existentialists. Let the reasoning begin!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-08 14:31:09  
There used to be nihilists, but they killed themselves!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2016-08-08 14:38:18  
Just so everyone reading this is on the same page.

Well it is Page NINE.
[+]
 Sylph.Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2016-08-08 16:05:20  
maldini said: »
lol David Wood. Classic "Jesus is cursed" rant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO5lGJx8JU8

Well, I wouldn't call that a rant at all. The guy brought forth a question and Wood answered.

By the way, and I don't Wood didn't call him out but I will, the verse from Deuteronomy was misquoted and he actually took to unrelated verses and made one.

Deut 21: 22, 23
22 “If a man has committed a sin worthy of death and he is put to death, and you hang him on a tree, 23 his corpse shall not hang all night on the tree, but you shall surely bury him on the same day (for he who is hanged is accursed of God), so that you do not defile your land which the Lord your God gives you as an inheritance.

He took that and mashed it with:

Deut 18:18-22
18 I will raise up a prophet from among their countrymen like you, and I will put My words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him. 19 It shall come about that whoever will not listen to My words which he shall speak in My name, I Myself will require it of him. 20 But the prophet who speaks a word presumptuously in My name which I have not commanded him to speak, or which he speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die.’ 21 You may say in your heart, ‘How will we know the word which the Lord has not spoken?’ 22 When a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the thing does not come about or come true, that is the thing which the Lord has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him.
------------------------

So the man in question took both of these passages and mashed them together to create the idea that says false prophets are hung from trees, Jesus was hung thus is a false prophet. Simply ignoring the text or didn't look it up.

Now to what Wood was saying. Jesus was perfectly sinless. He lived according to the law of God and fulfilled it perfectly. 2 Corinthians says that God made Jesus, who knew no sin, to become sin on our behalf so that we in turn might be the righteousness of God in Christ.

Jesus wasn't Himself cursed, but that curse or punishment for sin was laid on Him. The penalty of sin is death and He took that Himself on the cross for the payment of sin.

So Jesus wasn't cursed but out curse, our punishment was laid on Himself and if you believe that Jesus is who He says He is, His perfect life is credited to you.
By maldini 2016-08-08 16:40:32  
Put this in context please:
Ezekiel 23:20, "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."
 Sylph.Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2016-08-08 16:52:49  
maldini said: »
Put this in context please:
Ezekiel 23:20, "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."

Simple really. The entire chapter was an illustration for Jerusalem and Samaria. Older and younger sisters. If you look on verse back you see that they were whoring themselves to other countries and according to previous verses we know who they were whoring to. Egypt and than later Babylon. So basically the same people that would kill and enslave and a number of other things, the Hebrews were whoring themselves to them willingly.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-08 16:57:07  
I like this passage best:

Rooks 16:35, "And thus, the edit feature was denied yet again to the masses, for he proclaimed that all shall respect one another by reading what you wrote before hitting submit. 36: So shall it be done, for many spelling mistakes were made, and thus corrected in the proceeding post. 37: And with every proceeding post that requires a correction, Rooks shall collect his wings and gives them for an angel in need. 38: Along such, AO was removed forcefully in his 4th attempt to appeal to the masses, which largely gone ignored, for Rooks declared that such shenaniganry is not to be accepted amongst the masses, and removed he was from sight, until the next free weekend."
[+]
 Sylph.Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2016-08-08 17:17:14  

Rooks 16:35, "And thus, the edit feature was denied yet again to the masses, for he proclaimed that all shall respect one another by reading what you wrote before hitting submit. 36: So shall it be done, for many spelling mistakes were made, and thus corrected in the proceeding post. 37: And with every proceeding post that requires a correction, Rooks shall collect his wings and gives them for an angel in need. 38: Along such, AO was removed forcefully in his 4th attempt to appeal to the masses, which largely gone ignored, for Rooks declared that such shenaniganry is not to be accepted amongst the masses, and removed he was from sight, until the next free weekend."

Okay. THAT I need the translation for. lol
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-08 18:33:56  
Sylph.Seidell said: »

Okay. THAT I need the translation for. lol
Rooks 16:35 was known as the great Edit Button purge, the following chapters were the results of the purge.

Rooks 16:38 is what happens if you mess with Rooks.

May the Red Bar know peace and code.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-08-08 19:10:53  

What's the name of this religion? Sounds way better than the rest of them.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-08 19:11:38  
The Church of Scragg.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
サーバ: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-08-13 10:36:18  
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-08-13 10:44:05  
Only religion this world needs is one based on Rush songs leave the lawmaking to the trees ***!
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9