Farming Reisenjima stones on BLU
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2016-08-17 15:17:50  
Mookies said: »
Ragnarok.Tdizzle said: »
How much hp do the tonberry adds have? I did a fight with a full party with mb method (I was geo) and it went crazy a couple times.

Wondering if I can solo it on blu relatively easily. I can zerg solo the soulflayer np but that's mostly a dps race.

Curious as to what spell(s) I'd need to deal with the adds. Could a couple subductions do the trick or do I need an anvil lightning or something similar? Wasnt paying attention on geo on how much hp they have, but I also presume they have more hp in a full party.

Tonberry will do an aoe bind move that will cause him to run around and throat stab people. Use Winds of Promy to remove it ASAP.

The adds can be killed with one Byrgen spell, I use anvil lightning with magic damage/macc set and it will usually 1 shot them. Sometimes you get the random full resist for whatever reason, just melee that one down asap.

My problem with this fight however, is Everyone's rancor. I do enough damage to exceed august's threat generation, and unfortunately everyone's rancor does about 35k damage to me. I have killed it a few times though,so you just have to be careful if you have high tonberry hate.

Cool thanks.

Apparently I cleared hate long ago and have only killed him once so that's all that's on my hate list. I got aggro on geo and had the "no effect" message on our first fight. I'm guessing with 0 hate it does no damage.

Interesting about the winds of promy for the bind issue. Curious as to that being an issue (wasn't in the full party set up). yes he'll go out and be annoyingly throat stabby but shouldn't he then leave and go to someone else? Not sure how being bound for a couple sec hurts. No issue with setting the spell and using it, just curious as to the mechanics as I didn't even think about that being an issue. Paralyze was a bigger concern for me on geo.
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2016-08-18 10:36:48  
Managed to kill the toneberry last night.

Few things I learned that have been touched on but got more clarification on after doing it a few times that I thought I'd share.

1) A single Anvil Lightning is plenty to take out all the adds. At pop just be ready to start casting it. If you wait too long and don't have Verve up, you're probably going down as all the mobs on you at once will keep interrupting you. I found this out the hard way when I was a bit of a slacker on the 2nd fight.

2) At one point in the first fight, I got it down to 30% with no issues and he decided that he wanted to throat stab me 4 times in a row in a matter of about 10 seconds. I'm told this is the mechanic of ritual bind. He binds everyone and puts a debuff on one player that will cause him to ignore hate and stay on them for 60 seconds. Clear this asap with Winds of Promy and it shouldn't be an issue.

Other than the above, it's an easy and straight forward zerg. Just keep an eye out for ritual bind and adds and you should be good to go. August did have trouble holding hate before the ritual bind nonsense, but I did bring a bunch of trusts that boosted my dmg and started with 3000 tp so I could keep level 3 aftermath up in addition to diffusion mighty guard. So I guess that's to be expected.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Alucardr
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Alucardr 2016-10-04 15:34:31  
I dont get it. Should i change to magic accuracy gear when using blank gaze? Im on adhemar/herc gear decently augmented, and hadal summons 1 shot me. It seems my blank gaze isnt dispelling his memento mori.
By hobo 2016-10-04 15:37:20  
you want magic accuracy gear, and you have to be in front of him for it to land. People seem to think that gaze just means be looking at him from behind works
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [131 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-02-12 08:04:08  
Asura.Alucardr said: »
I dont get it. Should i change to magic accuracy gear when using blank gaze? Im on adhemar/herc gear decently augmented, and hadal summons 1 shot me. It seems my blank gaze isnt dispelling his memento mori.
Blank Gaze needs 2 things :

1) Be "Face" to "Face" with monster (he needs to look into your eyes as you peer into his)

2) M.ACC+

#1 is most important thing to remember tho.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-02-12 08:06:46  
and Farming Stones I found that Selkit as a BLU/NIN or Belphogor as BLU/WAR (Blank Gaze Equip'd) + trusts: "AAEV" / "Amchuchu" / "Apururu" / Any other ones you wish works nicely

Do CDC > CDC for Light or Requistcast > CDC or Expiacion for Darkness

Nuke with Thunder / Ice

he is really really easy :)

Enjoy
[+]