users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Alexandrite Farming
Alexandrite Farming
 Asura.Valguard
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: himself87
By Asura.Valguard 2016-02-22 16:13:51  
What's the fastest way of farming up alexandrite to your knowledge? I'm already currently farming it up fairly quick I feel like with a minimum of 60 a max of about 210 in 20 minutes.

The reason I wanted to ask, is there is a certain character I keep seeing for the last 2 weeks that bazaars 1000s and 1000s of alexandrite every few days. It seems like too much for one person to farm up in such short time frames.

Am I missing out on something?

Thanks.
By BlaTheTaru 2016-02-22 16:25:36  
Probably someone who survived the salvage bans that had thousands to offload or someone who bots salvage. I don't know anything about botting salvage or even if it's possible but I've heard about it.
By Bloodrose 2016-02-22 16:35:16  
Think about it. You're doing approximately 210 or so alex every 20 minutes.

That's easily over 1,200 every two hours.

They can farm for 2 hours, take a break, farm for 2 more hours, etc. and easily come away with 1000s of alex every day, without botting.
By fillerbunny9 2016-02-22 16:35:19  
BR II is fairly fast, easy, and isn't subject to the lockout of AR II. now, it could be one player with multiple accounts, doing multiple runs, and just trying to make bank for something. it could be someone who never turned in a single one and was most of the way to completion before saying to hell with it, or maybe someone who botted a bunch when Salvage was thoroughly exploited last year who laid low until the market recovered slightly.

I know that when they do various temporary campaigns for drops, I let people run the market into the ground and wait for prices to rebound before I sell, so it's certainly possible. prices are increasing on Shiva, so I do not yet think someone has found a new exploit.
 Bismarck.Lothoro
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2016-02-22 16:38:09  
Asura.Valguard said: »
What's the fastest way of farming up alexandrite to your knowledge? I'm already currently farming it up fairly quick I feel like with a minimum of 60 a max of about 210 in 20 minutes.

The reason I wanted to ask, is there is a certain character I keep seeing for the last 2 weeks that bazaars 1000s and 1000s of alexandrite every few days. It seems like too much for one person to farm up in such short time frames.

Am I missing out on something?

Thanks.

Fastest way would be exactly what you are doing. Maybe there are some sub-20 minute runs, it depends on whether you take the time to kill all the archaic gears, which zone you use, etc.

I personally do Bhaflau, kill most if not all the archaic gears on floors 3 and 4, and my runs average 22-25 minutes. And i'm sure there are people better geared than me who don't bother killing archaic gears, in which a sub-20 minute salvage run is definitely possible.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-02-22 16:40:14  
Sub-20 minute runs are totally doable while killing triple gears. Singles aren't worth the time, nor are cotton purse mobs generally. ~120/run average.
 Asura.Valguard
By Asura.Valguard 2016-02-22 16:46:07  
210 is an absolute max. That's with only a 5% chance of the second linen bag dropping. I would say my runs average 85. If i ran 10 runs a day, which would have to be spread out over a 10 hour time period, it would be about 850. 1000 if I'm really lucky. I'm just trying to get an idea of what others are doing. It is possible they're just doing runs constantly all day every day or with multiple accounts. I've seen this person have 12K+ alexandrite in their bazaar in the last 5 days. So that's easily 2K+ a day or more. Still seems quite high.

You couldn't farm 1200 every 2 hours even with receiving the 210 max.. As you could only potentially do 3 maybe 4 runs in that 2 hour time period if you already had an existing tag.

Please don't throw random numbers out there without knowing what you're talking about. :(

@Fillerbunny9 Yeah, i'm wondering if they just had a ton stored and they're moving it over. Quite possible. Just making sure I couldn't be doing something better. We've farmed 1 and 2/3 of the second mythic. Just trying to make sure we're doing it one of the best ways. (Hopefully not finding out that we've been doing it slow for the past 3 months. ha)
By Bloodrose 2016-02-22 16:51:24  
Asura.Valguard said: »
210 is an absolute max. That's with only a 5% chance of the second linen bag dropping. I would say my runs average 85. If i ran 10 runs a day, which would have to be spread out over a 10 hour time period, it would be about 850. 1000 if I'm really lucky. I'm just trying to get an idea of what others are doing. It is possible they're just doing runs constantly all day every day or with multiple accounts. I've seen this person have 12K+ alexandrite in their bazaar in the last 5 days. So that's easily 2K+ a day or more. Still seems quite high.

You couldn't farm 1200 every 2 hours even with receiving the 210 max.. As you could only potentially do 3 maybe 4 runs in that 2 hour time period if you already had an existing tag.

Please don't throw random numbers out there without knowing what you're talking about. :(

@Fillerbunny9 Yeah, i'm wondering if they just had a ton stored and they're moving it over. Quite possible. Just making sure I couldn't be doing something better. We've farmed 1 and 2/3 of the second mythic. Just trying to make sure we're doing it one of the best ways. (Hopefully not finding out that we've been doing it slow for the past 3 months. ha)
Yeah, I misread part of that.

Anyways, just in a few hours of doing BRII on Blu, I can score about 400-600 alex easily, and in about 3 days, I managed to sell over 2000 alexandrites. Even at an average amount of 120 alex per 20minute run, it's not hard to bring in well over 1000 alexandrite a day.
[+]
 Asura.Valguard
By Asura.Valguard 2016-02-22 18:35:04  
Thanks for the quick responses! We'll keep trucking along.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
サーバ: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-02-22 18:52:39  
Although you're still locked out from buying a new permit once an hour.
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-02-22 18:57:04  
The people who are selling tons may also be using a mule or two to just do non-stop farming during permit downtime on their main character.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [83 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Aydogan
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Aydogan
By Cerberus.Aydogan 2016-05-15 16:40:40  
Hey folks,

I'm new to farming alex (as THF) and am wondering the best path to clear Bhaflau II in 20-30 min. What does a typical Bhaflau II run look like? Are you skipping any NM spawns, leaving after a certain point or doing full clear, etc.?

Thanks for any tips!
 Bahamut.Afinogen
サーバ: Bahamut
user: afin
By Bahamut.Afinogen 2016-05-15 16:48:55  
Cerberus.Aydogan said: »
Hey folks,

I'm new to farming alex (as THF) and am wondering the best path to clear Bhaflau II in 20-30 min. What does a typical Bhaflau II run look like? Are you skipping any NM spawns, leaving after a certain point or doing full clear, etc.?

Thanks for any tips!
I'd be a little careful on thf in bhaf, reason being is cerb boss, as it needs an equal balance of both magic and melee, becomes more resistant to melee as time goes on, better for jobs like blu, rdm etc, not sure how thf/run works these days
 Phoenix.Faloun
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2016-05-15 17:31:13  
Cerberus become more resistant to the type of damage you put on it and less resistant to the opposite type of damage. So as thf you can just melee and ws with aeolian edge without any problem
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-05-15 17:37:30  
For THF, I'd actually recommend either /DNC or /RDM since you're on your own. Other than Arrapago, I'd suggest either Bhaflau or Zhayolm, with the following strategies:

BHAFLAU: Definitely sub RDM and bring a sword, ideally Vampirism, and if you also have a Malevolence, bring that too. /RUN works as well, but Haste is too good to pass up for a solo situation.
Floor 1: First thing is to kill the Flan or Wamoura, depending on which side. Wamoura you can steal Erratic Flutter from, but I find to be a bit more dangerous overall. Flan does have spells, but you can use Hide on it, Blink on ancient magic, and on some spells you can even get behind it and SA. It's smooth sailing once you beat either of these since you'll unlock most of your stuff. Get your accessories from the Fly or Wamouracampa and then just go up, ignore the goblins and dahak.
Floor 2: Skip to the next floor.
Floor 3: Farm if you want, but you'll likely want stats (HP is a must). With a good magic dagger (like Malevolence) and magic offhand (another, or Vampirism, etc), you can dish out some good Aeolian Edges, though I've never bothered to cleave that many gears on THF. Go up when you've had your fill.
Floor 4: Some people go for the NMs/Acroliths, that's up to you. Kill the 3 gears and pop Cerberus. When he's there, switch to your sword mainhand and use Sanguine Blade. Having a good Sanguine set helps not only your damage tremendously, but also survival. Barfire.
Floor 5: Same as Cerberus, really.

ZHAYOLM: I still like RDM as a sub for this because of Phalanx, Haste, Sneak/Invis, etc.
Floor 1: Be careful when pulling Toads and Crawlers due to how easily they link. Having defensive accessories like Defending/Dark Ring helps when stacked with spells like Protect, Stoneskin, and Phalanx. Kill a Mamool along the way if you need to unlock HP. If you can afford to, save some TP.
Floor 2: Just go up.
Floor 3: Just go up.
Floor 4: Just go up.
Floor 5: Your goal here is to kill a single gear, probably while having other stuff on you, with very limited gear. Pull a gear as best you can and pop Perfect Dodge. When you have TP, use Bully and SA your best WS (probably Rudra's). You have the duration of PD to kill that gear, though a Bully SA WS should be enough. Once it's dead, you'll unlock your important gear (if you're not using GearSwap, make a macro to re-equip everything). It should be smooth sailing from here on.
Floor 6: Kill the Gears and Ramparts (except the one that summons Hydra) in any way you please. Hydra isn't too challenging, he's arguably easier than Khimaira since Fulmination sucks. Baraero.
Floor 7: Same thing. Baraero.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-05-15 18:19:09  
Jeanpaul gives the best posts on FFXIAH.COM
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-05-15 20:21:59  
Aydo, Tim and Eric? Really? I thought you had higher standards :(
 Cerberus.Aydogan
user: Aydogan
By Cerberus.Aydogan 2016-05-15 20:37:03  
Hahah love me some Tim & Eric. They're not for everybody, that's for sure!
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-05-16 02:54:44  
Tom goes to the Mayor was by far the best thing they've made in my opinion.

Their live action stuff. ugh. *headtodesk*
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [242 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Lotmorning
By Cerberus.Lotmorning 2017-01-12 17:46:44  
Sorry to bump a thread 5 months old, but I just came back after 3 year break, what jobs are you guys using to solo these runs? I'm interested in starting back up on making my GK but never solo'd before I left.
 Shiva.Shruiken
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-01-12 18:20:35  
BLU and other jobs that can cleave can finish a run in 20 minutes or less.

Easy to solo on any job though.
 Asura.Ryothen
By Asura.Ryothen 2017-01-12 19:31:45  
Shiva.Shruiken said: »
Basically this^

Some people farm the gears, others go straight up to the boss for that 100% linen and leave. I tend to do the latter and finish in less than 20min(you will be doing it so much that you will develop a fast track) . Then I will fit in some assaults/einherjar/nyzul if I have to wait for the next game day for my next permit.

I usually use Nin or thf. Plenty of jobs you could use based on the strategy/zone you choose to farm.
 Cerberus.Lotmorning
By Cerberus.Lotmorning 2017-01-12 20:28:45  
So blu and thf thanks for the tips, will work on getting these ilvl stuff for thf since I dont have blu. Would a Mnk work?
 Lakshmi.Reddwarf
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Reddwarf
By Lakshmi.Reddwarf 2017-01-12 21:41:33  
Asura.Ryothen said: »
Shiva.Shruiken said: »
Basically this^

Some people farm the gears, others go straight up to the boss for that 100% linen and leave. I tend to do the latter and finish in less than 20min(you will be doing it so much that you will develop a fast track) . Then I will fit in some assaults/einherjar/nyzul if I have to wait for the next game day for my next permit.

I usually use Nin or thf. Plenty of jobs you could use based on the strategy/zone you choose to farm.

20mins, or 45mins, you still have to wait till the next game day before you can get another permit, have something else to do for 40mins, go for it.
By hobo 2017-01-12 21:46:25  
Mnk would just rely a bit more on chakra spam, unless you are going dnc sub. Self healing can be a big deal
 Asura.Bloodlusty
By Asura.Bloodlusty 2017-01-12 22:31:06  
Made this last week as very easy on BLU

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [350 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Kasaioni
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2017-12-29 09:38:35  
Could I get some clarification on the rampart that spawns Cerberus on the 4th floor of Bhaflau Remnants II? BG-wiki says:

Quote:
If you bring the rampart to too low of HP (under ~20%) too quickly, the rampart can have a significant delay (took over 10 minutes in one instance) in using Reinforcements.

So I assumed I should just poke it with my fists like I do on the ramparts from the previous floors, but it always takes a very long time to use reinforcements. In videos I see people wack it until it's under 20%, and then turn, which tells me that it doesn't use the move until it's under a certain percent.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-29 09:43:07  
No, it can use it anytime. They do that so they can kill it quickly after it spawns.

I just put on gimmick weapons and take off all subtle blow, always pops around 50%

It (could) take 10 minutes if you fail at life, drop it to 20% in 2 hits then have to wait for it to hit you to build tp missing for 9 minutes straight.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-12-29 09:43:15  
The move is triggered like any other TP move. Monsters will TP at 1000TP when under 25%. Thus, the most effective option is to melee it until below 25% and then use a high TP feed weapon(any of the dmg:1 delay:999 ones are great). Alternatively, use a non-ilevel weapon the whole fight and it'll likely have TP by the time it's 25%.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2017-12-29 17:02:41  
So far I'm able to wack the cerberus rampart down to 10-20% and it uses the move consistently.