First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 45 46 47
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-05-19 14:30:44  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I blame California. And Oklahoma.
I blame all the drugs in northeast Ohio.
I'm pretty sure the majority of our rain water is a straight mix between heroin and fentanyl around here.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Frod 2017-05-21 10:39:34  
Here we see the average Asura poster, working hard to contribute to the thread.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-23 15:44:14  
Question about Vinipata.
When he pops, which stance is he on?
I've heard people saying different things like:

1) He's always in Raksha stance on pop
2) He's randomly on Raksha or Yaksha stance on pop
3) He's in a "special" stance with properties of both stances (50% PDT, 50% MDT) until he uses his "xxx: Stance" the first time, then swaps to that specific stance

Who am I to trust?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-05-23 15:49:25  
Honestly, I never worried about it. If you want him in magic damage, just spam enfeebles, he'll switch. If you want melee damage, don't do more than 2-3 enfeebles from all sources- this includes bard debuffs, elemental enfeebles, anything.

Impact is useful if you quickly want him in magic mode.

Edit- based on observations of our past 3, which were all melee, I can't recall damage being less at the beginning than once he uses an official stance. I'd wager he starts in melee damage mode.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-23 16:39:53  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Question about Vinipata.
When he pops, which stance is he on?
I've heard people saying different things like:

1) He's always in Raksha stance on pop
2) He's randomly on Raksha or Yaksha stance on pop
3) He's in a "special" stance with properties of both stances (50% PDT, 50% MDT) until he uses his "xxx: Stance" the first time, then swaps to that specific stance

Who am I to trust?

He "starts" in neither. He only has a mode when a stance is used.

His AI periodically checks environment conditions and then decides to do a mode change or not.

If target has three or more dispellable buffs -> Mode Change -50% MDT
If self has three or more erasable debuffs -> Mode Change -50% PDT

If he's already in one mode and the conditions for the other mode are present then he'll change to that mode. Essentially it's not possible to "lock" him in -PDT mode by piling debuffs as his trigger for MDT is the target (tank) having three or more dispellable buffs. Instead your tanks need to have less then three dispellable buffs. For ranged / melee strategies, just don't have more then three erasable debuffs on him (flash counts) and he'll never use that mode.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-05-23 16:49:02  
2) He's randomly in either raksha or yaksha stance after pop.

Also, a burt PLD can survive fine with only food and cureskin(just cancel sent/rampart/etc immediately after using them and use them during a tp move). The AI doesn't check environmental conditions constantly from what I can tell, the conditions are just checked when using a TP move and he won't select stances if they are not met.

So if using a magic strat, just wait for the first tp move, if its a raksha WS spam debuffs, otherwise bolster and drop it.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-23 19:21:41  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Also, a burt PLD can survive fine with only food and cureskin(just cancel sent/rampart/etc immediately after using them and use them during a tp move).

Yeah that's what I've seen tank him the most, Burtang + Aegis with DT/HP gear and the PLD is pretty much invincible.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-24 01:53:19  
Three posts, first answers 1), second answers 3), third answers 2).
Do I have to use an Ouja Board to know who am I to believe lol? xD

No disrespect meant! I apreciate the input, but I'm still confused lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-05-24 03:26:13  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Three posts, first answers 1), second answers 3), third answers 2).
Do I have to use an Ouja Board to know who am I to believe lol? xD

No disrespect meant! I apreciate the input, but I'm still confused lol

My actual stance (swear no pun intended, its late) that it starts is melee mode is based purely on the observations of a RDM who doesn't filter damage- yes I see the numbers, but take it with a grain of salt- I'm not up there dealing damage with only mine in view where a change from opening to an "official" stance would be clearer. In addition, if #2 is the answer, its entirely possible in my limited example of 3 runs we just got "lucky" per se.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
サーバ: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2017-06-15 21:14:39  
Just a little information: confirmed Erinys aura drops after Calamitous Wind. However, Erinys can take a long time to use it, it has a very wide AoE range, is powerful enough to one-shot most of alliance and worst of all, it makes all adds repop again.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-06-15 21:29:05  
Bahamut.Alexcennah said: »
Just a little information: confirmed Erinys aura drops after Calamitous Wind. However, Erinys can take a long time to use it, it has a very wide AoE range, is powerful enough to one-shot most of alliance and worst of all, it makes all adds repop again.

Isn't this the very reason why ppl have used either smn or SA WS methods?
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
サーバ: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2017-06-15 21:45:19  
I know it won't make a difference on how people kill it, I'm saying this more as a curiosity. There are very few reports about how to drop the aura after it going out and I'm filling this gap.
[+]
 Valefor.Maurauc
サーバ: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2017-06-16 03:04:44  
More info if people are interested; I didn't realise Erinys was still not well understood:

Erinys tends to use Calamitous Wind after big spike damage on it when it has its aura up. It will wipe off all buffs, which makes it a pain, but the fight is doable with that.

Once you hit 50%, it will stop using Calamitous Wind to stop its knockback aura. Instead, it will use Vermillion Wind, and the adds gain the ability to get a knockback aura, and are able to use their own Calamitous Wind (looks to be on a timer).
[+]
 Asura.Arnan
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2017-06-26 04:39:17  
So i've been back a few weeks from a 6 month or so break and just finished my 1st Aeonic, i'm now on ru'aun stage and i would like to do kirin/WoC melee style, I have joined so many fail PuG SMN T4 runs finishing my last weapon i'd rather set runs up myself and rely on my own DPS also i find SMN method boring as hell.
I've watched quite a few videos on youtube but I am wondering what setup and buffs are required. I plan on throwing as many COR and BRD mule buffs in as possible before the fight but I am mostly wondering about defensive buffs (carols, geo stuff anything like that) are required and how best to set up the parties, I would like to do them with just 1 melee party.
also is there and mechanics/gimmicks i should know about? before i took a break i remember everyone was trying to work out somthing to do with WoC bracelets/1 hour lock, is that still a thing? also i think i remember everyone used to use a petrify screen temp before kirin
Thanks in advance for any help
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-06-26 05:28:40  
You'll want bolstered Idris vex, and maybe also attunement for WoC, otherwise he'll stunlock you. I did a hybrid SMN with me on THF and he impact stream stunlocked me until about 60% since I had to torpor instead of vex for the SMN's. Otherwise 2-3 DD is perfectly fine, just proper melee buffs and good. Only gimmick to add on as a concern to Kirin is he can dread spikes as Kouryu, so either leave a BRD in the fight and watch out to turn, or just consider those lost causes and try again, I guess.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-06-26 08:34:12  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
You'll want bolstered Idris vex, and maybe also attunement for WoC, otherwise he'll stunlock you. I did a hybrid SMN with me on THF and he impact stream stunlocked me until about 60% since I had to torpor instead of vex for the SMN's. Otherwise 2-3 DD is perfectly fine, just proper melee buffs and good. Only gimmick to add on as a concern to Kirin is he can dread spikes as Kouryu, so either leave a BRD in the fight and watch out to turn, or just consider those lost causes and try again, I guess.

Just bolster indi-torpor/geo-frailty, have a run tank get high thunder resist and pop odyllic after frailty lands, it will die fast.

Edit: Because i missed the last part, after odylic have your SMNs break WoC in half.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-06-26 15:13:23  
Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Just bolster indi-torpor/geo-frailty, have a run tank get high thunder resist and pop odyllic after frailty lands, it will die fast.

Edit: Because i missed the last part, after odylic have your SMNs break WoC in half.

Fair point, my buddy has PLD and hasn't yet figured out how to RUN, so this wasn't an option for me.
 Bismarck.Indigla
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2017-06-26 22:20:50  
Quick question regarding Alubmen, has anyone noticed BRD sleep times becoming random as hell since I would guess the GEO nerf (4~7 mins, from a fully REMA'd BRD) on Albumen's adds? It's giving us a hell of a time clearing as we keep wiping to waking adds that suprise when they wake.
 Shiva.Hiep
サーバ: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-06-26 22:55:31  
Our BRD has had that issue sometimes but it's never off by more than 15 seconds, with only 1 waking up early randomly (no MACC buffs/debuffs from COR or GEO). We take the safety route because of this by ES entombing and sleeping 30 seconds to 1 minute from when they're suppose to wake up.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-06-27 01:20:02  
Technically the GEO nerf shouldn't have affected BRD sleeping abilities.
BRD tipically sleeps WITHOUT Languor being applied and tipically WITHOUT Focus either.
You do need Troubadour though, otherwise good luck sleeping them.

Given this scenario, Albumen and adds have actually LESS Meva than they had before the GEO bubbles nerf.

One of the adds randomly waking up before the supposed timer can mean one of these things:
1) Something got *** up in the midcast lua of your BRD and not all gear were correctly swapped (this means ALL adds will wake up sooner than expected)
2) The way your BRD calculates duration has a mistake (this will mean ALL adds waking up at a time different than expected)
3) Your BRD Macc is really really really low for whatever reason (GS ***, your BRD gear sucks etc, this means one add might wake up earlier than expected)
4) Someone accidentally woke one add up with a spell, direct damage action or whatever else but nobody will notice/admit it
5) One add was actually always awake and didn't get hit by the AoE because slightly out of range but nobody noticed (this will usually end up in that add sooner or later using Benediction and waking everything up xD)

Can't think of any other situation but this shouldn't happen any more than it did before the GEO nerf. If anything less, as I explained before.
Make sure your BRD is using Troubadour though. If he's /BLM and using Elemental Seal to sleep them, then yes it's gonna be alas quite common to see random wake up timers.
[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2017-06-27 06:06:00  
I only mentioned GEO nerf because that's when we started noticing problems. They adjusted mob meva stats then too, was only wondering if they ninja'd a change into Albumen's adds and looking for other group's experience with sleep times currently. We cleared this 7 times prior to the nerf with very predictable 6 min TN sleeps and breakga to set up resleep, but lately it's become impossible because of adds waking up at random times betwen 4 to 7 minutes.

2,4,5 aren't what's happening, but 1 and 3 might be since I'm not sure if her lua changed or not. I don't use GS so I wouldn't know how to resolve that, but I'll try mentioning it.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-06-27 08:07:05  
Bismarck.Indigla said: »
I only mentioned GEO nerf because that's when we started noticing problems.
I had issues myself for one day, right after that GEO nerf patch.
Turned out I *** up my lua calculations when I added the Moonbow Whistle +1, so that was completely a coincidence.

Again, even before the nerf BRDs tipically relied on gear and Troubadour entirely to sleep adds, which means they weren't benefitting from either Languor or Focus.
Following this, Albumen and his adds have LESS meva now (without buffs/debuffs) than they had BEFORE the nerf, so if anything you should be able to sleep more easily than before.

Not sure if they ninjaadusted some monster's stats on a case-by-case situation but I hardly doubt they did. With their instruments it's a very complex thing to do and requires lot of resources, no way they have the people or time to do that imo.

Plus I've killed Albumen multiple times and never had any issue sleeping than I didn't have before the patch already.

Make absolutely sure your BRD didn't change too many things in their lua/gear, that he's not using Elemental Seal etc.
Try that on normal mobs and time-clock durations with Battlemod on (this is crucial, don't take times from timestamps without Battlemod because they're not precise enough without it)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-06-27 08:08:05  
Oh also make sure adds aren't slept close to Albumen. Not sure if Albumen can perform any action on his adds (should NOT?) but I'm not 100% sure, better be safe than sorry?
 Valefor.Maurauc
サーバ: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2017-06-27 08:27:14  
I think Phaeosynthesis hits them all, but as long as it's dispelled off of Albumen himself, it shouldn't have any effect on the fight.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-06-27 08:30:24  
Valefor.Maurauc said: »
I think Phaeosynthesis hits them all, but as long as it's dispelled off of Albumen himself, it shouldn't have any effect on the fight.
It actually also gives a gigantic evasion boost that can't be dispelled. If you're using melee, should avoid fighting at night.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [78 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-14 04:35:25  
Anybody knows the current (i.e. post the last geo nerf) values of Albumen?
How much acc do you need to cap on it? I assume around 1650?
We've been on break for a long time with my shell and we haven't fought Albumen DD since before the GEO nerf, I'm revising our buffs right now.

With 534acc coming from songs would you even need Hunter's Roll? Don't think so. Arguably you probably don't need Torpor either if each DD has at least 1100 pre buff. (would have to factor the Acc from Vorseals too but not all of us have capped values on that)

With 1211 attack from songs, Bolster Idris Frailty and Dia2, would you even need Bolster Idris Fury? I don't think so, Entrusted Fury should be enough, probably not even that.

Curious to read other opinions but I think the buff set we used back then is way too much for nowadays' requirements. Think I might swap some buffs around for more meva/more defense I guess.
 Phoenix.Libbien
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-09-14 06:29:07  
We just wrapped up another round and all we used for acc was SV honor march and 2x mads with nq neck so 1 short of capped. Not sure if the dd's used acc food, but we didn't have any troubles. As for atk I couldn't say, but we saved bolster for the 50% mark (used 2 geos so only had fury, frailty, vex, attune, and entrusted barrier/wilt). Our biggest issue was amnesia despite idris vex/attune, capped barfira/amnesia, and 2x SV fire carols. In hind sight I probably should have staggered the bolsters, but amnesia screens to start the fight was enough anyways.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-14 09:04:16  
I don't remember how long it took us to kill Albumen on our last kill pre-geo nerf, but pretty confident it was more than 3 mins, so that's a good point, saving Bolster for later.

Would Evasionist's roll have helped to furtherly reduce the chance of amnesia to stick? Or at that point do you have so much Meva that adding even more won't make a difference?
Really wonder about that.

Thanks for the feedback provided btw. Think I'll totally avoid IdrisBolsterTorpor and Hunter's roll completely. Maybe just an entrusted (gimp) Torpor just to feel safe.
 Phoenix.Libbien
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-09-14 09:30:59  
We do the wipe/recover method so prefight cor rolls weren't an option. The only actual cors we have were needed on brd and tank so couldn't say for meva roll. However, if you do the wipe/recover method then defense is a bigger priority imo unless the dd's are whiffing. Our last kill was smooth using...

Whm brd geo dd x3
Run run geo brd whm

Both of our brds are 4 song and both geos are idris. We did fire carol x2 earth/dark/ice carol x1 each on both pts and honor, 2x mads, 2x minuets on dd pt. Didn't bother swapping dd buff brd to conserve time for nitro. Those songs plus the bubbles i said earlier were plenty. Our dd's were 2 blu's and a drk and they wrecked it. It might not be the fastest method, but it's a fairly safe fight. Amnesia screen nearly got us to 50% when the geos bolstered so I'd definitely suggest holding off on bolster because under 50/25% the fight gets much tougher and it needs to die asap. I have only needed to resleep adds with carn and CC going once due to a dd dying, but i do ask 1 blu to come /blm and set entomb just in case.
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 45 46 47