言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Trueflight sets
Trueflight sets
By Nocki 2016-07-22 19:37:44  
Verda said: »
Hey Lyk! Hope you come back we miss you.

Carbuncle.Doryll said: »
Hello ! Can you give me your lua rules for equipping the Obi only during day/weather.

Thank you
Here you go it uses motes, if you already have job_post_precast defined just put the inner stuff:
Code
function job_post_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)

if spell.english == "Trueflight" and (buffactive['Aurorastorm'] or buffactive['Aurorastorm II']) then
        --print('weather mode')
        equip({waist="Hachirin-no-Obi"})
    end

end
Unless you renamed the buff in the resources, there is no Aurorastorm II buff. Just for the record~
[+]
By Verda 2016-07-22 21:31:55  
Hmm ya I just tested with sch and had them cast it on me and deleted the print to print out weather mode if it worked while I ws and it shows up. I did a print in buff change and it just shows up as Aurorastorm >.> so can prob safely delete the or buffactive['Aurorastorm II'] and still works ty :)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [133 days between previous and next post]
By Bamboom 2016-12-03 00:34:54  
What's a good weapon set alternative to the sinister reign gear? Would chatoyant staff be a good stepping stone until i am able to do SR?
By Verda 2016-12-04 15:39:12  
Unfortunately no since main hand skill plays a large role in magic accuracy. Augmented Atoyac with the magical path and Odium combo is probably the best main and sub weapon gear for trueflight outside of Malevolence and then Vampirism. Arasy knife +1 has 11 AGI and Perun Axes have 7-8 AGI too to give you even more options. Trilling Dagger is also an option since you could put an ilvl weapon in the main hand and that in the offhand, though you'll still get 1/2 dmg or less ws more often than you would have due to resists, and depending on content.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
By Sammeh 2017-01-04 21:27:31  
I have an interesting delema.

As I was building a gearset for Trueflight I was just staring at existing gear w/ MACC/MAB on it. I noticed the +25MAB native on Adhemar Gamashes (PathD).

Later - I augmented a herculean piece {MND+10, MACC+26, MAB+31, FastCast+1}.

Consistently on LVL 1 mobs my true flights(3k tp) with Adhemar Gamashes are 24180. While my Herculean Boots are 22755.

*head scratching*.

Complete Stats:
Adhemar Gamashes - Path D:
DEF: 74, HP 11, STR 15, DEX 23, VIT 8, AGI 42, MND 11, CHR 25, ATK 24, RATK 24, EVA 74, MEVA 75, MAB 25, MDEF 5, Haste 4, True Shot +1, Crit Hit Rate 3%
Augments: HP 50, Store TP +6, Snapshot +8

Herculean Boots:
DEF: 79, HP 9, STR 16, DEX 24, VIT 10, AGI 43, MND 11, CHR 26, ACC 10, ATK 10, RACC 10, RATK 10, MACC 10, MAB 10, MDEF 5, EVA 80, MEVA 75, Haste 4, TA 2, Subtle Blow 6, PDT -2
Augments: MND 10, MACC 26, MAB 31, FastCast 1

Here's the interesting thing. I unequipped everything, disabled geraswap... only had on Fomalhaut w/ Chrono Bullet. Herculean Boots won consistently.
Herculean Boots: 5475
Adhemar Gamashes: 4840

I put my other gear magic dmg set on, unloaded gearswap and Adhemar consistently won.

What's the magic w/ Adhemar in combination with my other gear?????

(yes could be better but here is my existing Trueflight set)
Code
head={ name="Herculean Helm", augments={'Mag. Acc.+19 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+19','Enmity-5','VIT+6','Mag. Acc.+13','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+13',}},
		body={ name="Herculean Vest", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+26','"Dbl.Atk."+2','Mag. Acc.+20 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+20',}},
		hands="Leyline Gloves",
		legs="Gyve Trousers",
		feet={ name="Adhemar Gamashes", augments={'HP+50','"Store TP"+6','"Snapshot"+8',}},
		neck="Fotia Gorget",
		waist="Fotia Belt",
		left_ear="Crematio Earring",
		right_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'MP+25','TP Bonus +25',}},
		left_ring="Dingir Ring",
		right_ring="Weather. Ring",
		back={ name="Belenus's Cape", augments={'AGI+20','Rng.Acc.+20 Rng.Atk.+20','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},

Obviously swapping out only feet. This herculean by all definition should be better and its not... by a long shot.
Code
		feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'Mag. Acc.+20 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+20','"Fast Cast"+1','MND+10','Mag. Acc.+6','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+11',}},
By Verda 2017-01-04 23:30:13  
Stuff to check:
* Make sure you're testing on same day and same weather for both pairs of boots.
* Disable gearswap and equip your set. You can build tp in those. With no swapping whatsoever test each pair of boots at the exact same tp on the same mobs that are the same level. If you're still getting this issue I'd be interested to know.
* If it is as expected, then use //gs showswaps to determine if it's working as intended.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-01-05 00:52:42  
I would wager it's this, although since I don't know the order of operations, I can't be specific, only gauging on your two samples (naked with only feet, all gear)-

Adhemar Gamashes possess "True Shot +1". If True Shot is added after all the weaponskill computations, it could account for the difference once all your other gear comes into play. It would also explain why if it's at the end of the order of operations just herc feet naked beat adhemar feet naked- there isn't enough "other" stats for that true shot to boost in order to beat the raw power of your augmented herculean in that scenario. But when all the combined stats of your gear get put into the hopper next to either standard True Shot bonus, or True Shot+1, that might be where they pull ahead.

of course, all of this is dependent on the question- were you testing at ideal firing range?
By Verda 2017-01-05 01:07:30  
Trueshot doesn't apply to magic ws, I just reconfirmed by using wildfire which doesn't have it's damage change with tp and shooting level 1 mandy at 20' and 8.6' with gastra. 8.6' gets the true shot message in the log and both wildfire were the exact same damage of 16,067 (my wildfire set isn't very optimized >.>). Also the trueshot bonus on the feet is 1% so I wouldn't expect that to make up for the over 10mab diff let alone surpass it. It's still a good question tho.

For reference here is my 3k TF set (i swap out moonshade). It did 43,530 damage to a level 1 bee in west sarutabaruta.
Code
sets.exported={
    main={ name="Malevolence", augments={'INT+10','Mag. Acc.+10','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+10','"Fast Cast"+5',}},
    sub={ name="Malevolence", augments={'INT+9','Mag. Acc.+10','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+9','"Fast Cast"+4',}},
    range="Gastraphetes",
    ammo="Quelling Bolt",
    head={ name="Herculean Helm", augments={'Mag. Acc.+20 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+20','INT+9','Mag. Acc.+14','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+14',}},
    body={ name="Samnuha Coat", augments={'Mag. Acc.+15','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+15','"Fast Cast"+5','"Dual Wield"+5',}},
    hands={ name="Carmine Fin. Ga. +1", augments={'Rng.Atk.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+12','"Store TP"+6',}},
    legs={ name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'Mag. Acc.+19 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+19','Weapon skill damage +3%','MND+4','Mag. Acc.+4','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+8',}},
    feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'Mag. Acc.+20 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+20','"Fast Cast"+2','MND+8','Mag. Acc.+6','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+15',}},
    neck="Baetyl Pendant",
    waist="Svelt. Gouriz +1",
    left_ear="Friomisi Earring",
    right_ear="Ishvara Earring",
    left_ring="Dingir Ring",
    back={ name="Belenus's Cape", augments={'AGI+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','AGI+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},
}

Adhemar Gamashes path C (which have 10 AGI on top of what you have above), did 42,229 so more than likely some error with your gs somewhere or testing in odd weather or something.
[+]
By Sammeh 2017-01-05 06:29:13  
Stuff to check:
* Make sure you're testing on same day and same weather for both pairs of boots.
* Disable gearswap and equip your set. You can build tp in those. With no swapping whatsoever test each pair of boots at the exact same tp on the same mobs that are the same level. If you're still getting this issue I'd be interested to know.
* If it is as expected, then use //gs showswaps to determine if it's working as intended.

My tests were all with gearswap disabled (after tp build) and manually equipping magic set. I promise you this isn't a gearswap fail. For those that know me - know I can handle LUA's very well and have written several custom-addons.

Same target mobs (I said LVL 1, but all outside Mhura so really lvl 10-15 should be same for this test.) WS mob was always Zhu (bird) check same lvl (battlemod) and always from within proper true-shot distance.

Happened to be Darksday while testing - but I actually saw this and didn't completely come to the conclusion over a couple of real-life days (though I don't know previously what in-game day it was).
By Sammeh 2017-01-05 06:37:22  
Sammeh said: »

My tests were all with gearswap disabled (after tp build) and manually equipping magic set. I promise you this isn't a gearswap fail. For those that know me - know I can handle LUA's very well and have written several custom-addons.

Same target mobs (I said LVL 1, but all outside Mhura so really lvl 10-15 should be same for this test.) WS mob was always Zhu (bird) check same lvl (battlemod) and always from within proper true-shot distance.

Happened to be Darksday while testing - but I actually saw this and didn't completely come to the conclusion over a couple of real-life days (though I don't know previously what in-game day it was).

Going to pull my hair out. I just went to record a video (game day earthsday) and got expected results of Herculean being better. (got tp, disabled gearswap, manually equipped etc)

I'll poke around more and see if I can figure it out. I'm not dreaming this up! lol
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-01-05 08:37:27  
Thanks for True Shot confirmation for magical WS. Now to figure out what's going on...lol
 Carbuncle.Kendoh
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Kendoh
By Carbuncle.Kendoh 2017-01-05 10:13:40  
Trueshot doesn't apply to magic ws, I just reconfirmed by using wildfire which doesn't have it's damage change with tp and shooting level 1 mandy at 20' and 8.6' with gastra. 8.6' gets the true shot message in the log and both wildfire were the exact same damage of 16,067 (my wildfire set isn't very optimized >.>). Also the trueshot bonus on the feet is 1% so I wouldn't expect that to make up for the over 10mab diff let alone surpass it. It's still a good question tho.

For reference here is my 3k TF set (i swap out moonshade). It did 43,530 damage to a level 1 bee in west sarutabaruta.
Code
sets.exported={
    main={ name="Malevolence", augments={'INT+10','Mag. Acc.+10','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+10','"Fast Cast"+5',}},
    sub={ name="Malevolence", augments={'INT+9','Mag. Acc.+10','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+9','"Fast Cast"+4',}},
    range="Gastraphetes",
    ammo="Quelling Bolt",
    head={ name="Herculean Helm", augments={'Mag. Acc.+20 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+20','INT+9','Mag. Acc.+14','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+14',}},
    body={ name="Samnuha Coat", augments={'Mag. Acc.+15','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+15','"Fast Cast"+5','"Dual Wield"+5',}},
    hands={ name="Carmine Fin. Ga. +1", augments={'Rng.Atk.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+12','"Store TP"+6',}},
    legs={ name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'Mag. Acc.+19 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+19','Weapon skill damage +3%','MND+4','Mag. Acc.+4','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+8',}},
    feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'Mag. Acc.+20 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+20','"Fast Cast"+2','MND+8','Mag. Acc.+6','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+15',}},
    neck="Baetyl Pendant",
    left_ear="Friomisi Earring",
    right_ear="Ishvara Earring",
    left_ring="Dingir Ring",
    back={ name="Belenus's Cape", augments={'AGI+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','AGI+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},
}

Adhemar Gamashes path C (which have 10 AGI on top of what you have above), did 42,229 so more than likely some error with your gs somewhere or testing in odd weather or something.

Hi Verda, I'm interested in your test here. I went out and did the very same thing on a Lv 1 Bee.
Code
--main={ name="Malevolence", augments={'INT+1','Mag. Acc.+1','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+5',}},
--sub={ name="Malevolence", augments={'INT+5','Mag. Acc.+4',}},
--range="Gastraphetes",
--ammo="Quelling Bolt",
head={ name="Herculean Helm", augments={'Mag. Acc.+18 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+18','Weapon skill damage +4%','MND+3','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+13',}},
body={ name="Herculean Vest", augments={'Mag. Acc.+20 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+20','Weapon skill damage +2%','AGI+2',}},
hands={ name="Herculean Gloves", augments={'Mag. Acc.+15 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+15','Weapon skill damage +3%','INT+8','Mag. Acc.+9','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+4',}},
legs={ name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'Mag. Acc.+20 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+20','Weapon skill damage +3%','INT+4',}},
feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+15','Weapon skill damage +4%','INT+7','Mag. Acc.+6',}},
neck="Sanctity Necklace",
left_ear="Ishvara Earring",
right_ear="Friomisi Earring",
left_ring="Weather. Ring",
right_ring="Dingir Ring",

It did 37,169
Your set wins on the m.attk side, while mine has more WSD.
There's my question, is there a cap in WSD ? Or is there a formula where Xm.attk=Xwsd % ?

Thx for your time and the efforts you put in the RNG section.
By Verda 2017-01-05 10:42:30  
It's not a static relation how much you have of each will in part determine the outcome on final damage. In the maxed out spreadsheet setup I have 3.5 MAB is roughly 1% WSD. That will change depending on how much you have of everything else though so really you should just get as much of both as possible, use the spreadsheet, and do in game testing if you want to be absolutely certain. I find favoring cap or near cap mab or ws on herc tends to end up better though most the time tho my legs end up pretty good too. Between that and the missing mabs on malevolence you could up you damage for sure. Especially at 3k tp everything starts scaling really well.
 Asura.Ajirha
サーバ: Asura
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2017-01-05 11:23:57  
both are multiplicative factors so try this :

set 1: mab1 * (100+wsd1)/100

set 2: mab2 * (100+wsd2)/100

whichever has the higher value will give you the better numbers. granted you dont find yourself lacking macc.

the same applies for potency or affinity. they are all multiplicative so regardless of the base dmg you can decide which is potentialy better.
By Verda 2017-01-05 12:12:38  
Ya that works and I've done similar for SMN on BP and MAB. Adding up all my mab and wsd and remembering subjobs and gifts mab levels (though no mab rng gifts and typical subjobs don't have mab traits) etc just seems more work than using the custom field in the spreadsheet to me so since RNG has a spreadsheet I use it cuz it ends up being really quick.
I'd represent it as (1 + MAB/100) * (1 + WSD/100) but doing (100+wsd)/100 and (100+mab)/100 works too.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [685 days between previous and next post]
By Carnivora2 2018-11-21 15:11:08  
Rank 15 Augmented AG Gastraphetes Quelling Bolt
2x perfect augment Malevolence daggers (10Int Macc10 MAB10 FC5)
Orion Beret+3 Carmine Body+1 (PathD) Carmine Hands+1 (PathD)
Baetyl Pendant Friomisi Earring Moonshade Earring (TP +250)
Belenus's Cape 30AGI Macc20 Mdmg20 WSDmg 10% dmgtaken-5
Eschan Stone Weatherspoon Ring Dingir Ring Herculean Legs/Feet
With as much MAB on then as possible (I have 42 and 32 MAB)
Trueflight HAS 336 MAB using this gear
Possible Arcadian Legs for 10% WSDmg but havnt tested.
Same deal with Orion Beret can possibly swap with MAB Herc Head
If you're really lucky and get perfect DM augs on Herc Head, Hands, legs, and feet w/high MAB and High WSDmg would be hands down best in slot but good luck with that.
Orpheus's Sash possible other best in slot for waist

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-11-21 17:34:54  
I'd be hesitant to use Orpheus's Sash over Hachirin-no-obi if you have Aurorastorm. Guaranteed damage boost regardless of distance from mob, so you can stay safe.

In addition, with all the options for Ranger in the Weaponskill damage gear now, don't forget to pay attention to the MAB and AGI stats in your Trueflight Builds. I love my Orion Beret+3 and Arcadian Braccae+3, but in order for me to use both of those pieces and have my own personal BiS set, I had to give up my old Herculean Boots with "MAB+14/macc+14/WSD+4%" for a Dark Matter pair of "macc+19/MAB+47-other stats don't matter".

My current set:

Malevolence x2 (one capped, one @10macc/9MAB)
Orion Beret+3
Baetyl Pendant
Friomisi Earring
Moonshade Earring w/ TP bonus (swaps to Novio Earring above 2749TP)
Herculean Vest(acc+7/atk+7/macc+2/MAB+20/WSD+6%)
Carmine Finger Gauntlets (path D)
Weatherspoon Ring
Dingir Ring
Belenus's Cape (AGI+30/macc+20/mdmg+20/WSD+10%)
Sveltesse Gouriz+1(swaps to Hachirin-no-obi for light weather/day)
Arcadian Braccae+3
Herculean Boots(acc+13/atk+13/macc+19/MAB+47)

By the way, the STR/AGI augs on Armageddon are absolutely disgusting for us, and really bring up the Last Stand and Trueflight damage more on par with a Fomalhaut, meaning you can ride that lovely AM3 proc rate with respectable weaponskills. I highly recommend any serious Ranger put some RPs into their Arma- you won't regret it.

***EDIT***

Many may wonder on my choice of bodies. I spent 2 DM campaigns throwing only a herculean body at Oseem to see what kind of numbers I'd need to beat a capped Samnuha Coat. It took me hitting at least 12MAB/5WSD to beat it out. I don't have a Carmine+1 body to compare it against.
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2018-11-23 17:09:31  
ItemSet 361318

Herc Head is a 28Macc 40 Mab Aug
Herc Pants 23 Macc 40 MAb
Herc Feet 33 MAcc 35 MAb

From me testing this is the max dmg with full buffs i can do with trueflight tested just about every set combo i can and this one tops just about them all
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-11-23 17:25:17  
Asura.Zeroburning said: »
ItemSet 361318

Herc Head is a 28Macc 40 Mab Aug
Herc Pants 23 Macc 40 MAb
Herc Feet 33 MAcc 35 MAb

From me testing this is the max dmg with full buffs i can do with trueflight tested just about every set combo i can and this one tops just about them all

Knowing you and how your RNG is geared, I'm going to safely assume that this set of pretty much straight MAB is put against options that include more Weaponskill Damage+ gear. If that's the case, it could completely change how we gear for Trueflight. I'd love to see if you could post numbers (unbuffed is fine) of this set versus the changes you have tried.
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2018-11-23 17:37:08  
yea i found i get way more out of mab then i do wsdmg from what i found from testing it about 3 mab per 1 wsdmg
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-11-23 17:49:13  
yea i found i get way more out of mab then i do wsdmg from what i found from testing it about 3 mab per 1 wsdmg

I'm getting about the same numbers when I swap out my "wsd" pair of herc boots with "15mab/15macc/4wsd" losing to my "mab" pair at "47mab/0wsd". I just didn't expect a complete removal of all WSD gear can eventually be BiS with enough MAB. I'll definitely agree with the 3:1 ratio, and its time to start breaking it down bigtime.

Pellucid Stones ftw, eh?
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2018-11-23 17:50:39  
Pellucid and Dm
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2018-11-23 18:10:47  
This is my testing from Agitated Chapuli's using lucid wings II every time and unequiping wepaons so im fresh at 1100 tp per also this is me unbuffed with no food and no storms so im using eschan stone
30309 Max Mab set
29770 With Orion Beret
29636 with Orion Beret and Arcadian
 Odin.Archaide
サーバ: Odin
user: Archaide
By Odin.Archaide 2018-11-24 00:14:54  
I thought I read somewhere, maybe in the RNG guide thread, that unbuffed MAB wins out and with high buff WSD wins out? Have you tried testing the same but with geo-malaise?
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2018-11-24 00:41:11  
from my testing with my sets mab wins especially when fully buffed
By Sockfoot 2018-11-24 01:22:50  
from my testing with my sets mab wins especially when fully buffed
That seems counter-intuitive, interesting.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-11-24 01:52:57  
counter-intuitive because it's wrong ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[+]
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2018-11-24 03:58:42  
Just went Test With Idris Acumen entrust focus Geo malaise and Storms 2 in my sets
Max Mab is 85113 Dmg and replacing Head and legs for Af and relic for 20% is
Hybrid 83013 did 8 ws each came up with the same number
Btw i test with lucid Wing II so around 1100tp per ws
 Cerberus.Genoside
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Genoside 2018-11-24 08:25:44  
Carnivora2 said: »
Rank 15 Augmented AG Gastraphetes Quelling Bolt
2x perfect augment Malevolence daggers (10Int Macc10 MAB10 FC5)
Orion Beret+3 Carmine Body+1 (PathD) Carmine Hands+1 (PathD)
Baetyl Pendant Friomisi Earring Moonshade Earring (TP +250)
Belenus's Cape 30AGI Macc20 Mdmg20 WSDmg 10% dmgtaken-5
Eschan Stone Weatherspoon Ring Dingir Ring Herculean Legs/Feet
With as much MAB on then as possible (I have 42 and 32 MAB)
Trueflight HAS 336 MAB using this gear
Possible Arcadian Legs for 10% WSDmg but havnt tested.
Same deal with Orion Beret can possibly swap with MAB Herc Head
If you're really lucky and get perfect DM augs on Herc Head, Hands, legs, and feet w/high MAB and High WSDmg would be hands down best in slot but good luck with that.
Orpheus's Sash possible other best in slot for waist

[+]