users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Want some advice from all the 75 WARS
Want some advice from all the 75 WARS
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-04 12:04:10  
It made sense the first way you said it, to an extent.

But why would you drop Creek Clomps? They have more STR than almost any other piece for feet, and you can still use Warwolf Belt on top of that.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-11-04 12:10:54  
Alexander.Hasiano said:
i hit level WAR70 last night, i was using creek m clomps for WS, but now i am thinking of replacing them at 71 with the warwolf belt and tp in my potent belt untill i can find sonething else. i got dusk gloves to use at 72, and heca mittens for level 73. `so i'm getting toward the best TP/WS pieces.

Replace them with Dusk/Aurum feet :o lol

And everything Toralin said, If Boric had a Rose Strap, his DMG would be so much higher, Rose makes him 7 hit /nin, and with Rose Rajas Brutal, he needs to find sTP +2 to 6 hit /sam, Id go with This Because it seems to sacrifice the least.

Edit*

For WS Heca > Creek clomps, just off the top of my head, and for KJ STR and ACC is wtg since it isn't crit. Heca Harness etc etc

Edit2**

So, without actually looking at Toralin's set, I in fact suggested the same stuff ;o lol
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-11-04 12:13:18  
Quote:
the so called 31337 warrior Boric while he may have some pretty cool HQs he doesnt even have a 6-hit build,

Yeah, that amused me too. He comes in bragging and is making an incredibly stupid mistake... he could be using a NQ Hauby over his HQ Adaberk and as long as he corrected that mistake would be better off.

I'd be willing to bet that he hasn't fixed this either, just cause people never learn and just blindly follow largely accepted "best gear" without thinking of the setup as a whole.

@Hasiano,

You'll be wanting to use Creek M until Hecatomb really... no need to replace. Pick up some accuracy rings ASAP as well.
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-11-04 12:23:53  
I have been messing around with my war a little bit lately and I am more than a little ashamed to ask this but I will ask anyway. How much STP do you need on war to reach 6 hit or what am I missing to get this?

Sorry to side track OP but now I am interested..lol

WS GEAR: I can post TP gear if needed.
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=74468

/wave Raen!
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-11-04 12:27:19  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
I have been messing around with my war a little bit lately and I am more than a little ashamed to ask this but I will ask anyway. How much STP do you need on war to reach 6 hit or what am I missing to get this?

Sorry to side track OP but now I am interested..lol

/wave Raen!

504 Delay, 5 sTP for a 7 hit, 22 for a 6 hit.

488 Delay(Bravura) 9 sTP for a 7 hit, 27 sTP for a 6 hit.

/sam is 15 sTP to start.
 Hades.Toralin
サーバ: Hades
user: toralin
By Hades.Toralin 2009-11-05 09:56:36  
Bahamut.Rumaha said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
I have been messing around with my war a little bit lately and I am more than a little ashamed to ask this but I will ask anyway. How much STP do you need on war to reach 6 hit or what am I missing to get this? Sorry to side track OP but now I am interested..lol /wave Raen!
504 Delay, 5 sTP for a 7 hit, 22 for a 6 hit. 488 Delay(Bravura) 9 sTP for a 7 hit, 27 sTP for a 6 hit. /sam is 15 sTP to start.

This information needs to be grinded into every serious WARs head. Very very very good information..

I can tell you from parsing with a 7-hit and wondering why the best gear was getting smoked by other relics to converting to a 6-hit and being at the top 1-3 of the parse everytime.

GA 6-hit /sam is hard to beat on the parse.
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-11-05 10:01:09  
Hades.Toralin said:
Bahamut.Rumaha said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
I have been messing around with my war a little bit lately and I am more than a little ashamed to ask this but I will ask anyway. How much STP do you need on war to reach 6 hit or what am I missing to get this? Sorry to side track OP but now I am interested..lol /wave Raen!
504 Delay, 5 sTP for a 7 hit, 22 for a 6 hit. 488 Delay(Bravura) 9 sTP for a 7 hit, 27 sTP for a 6 hit. /sam is 15 sTP to start.

This information needs to be grinded into every serious WARs head. Very very very good information..

I can tell you from parsing with a 7-hit and wondering why the best gear was getting smoked by other relics to converting to a 6-hit and being at the top 1-3 of the parse everytime.

GA 6-hit /sam is hard to beat on the parse.

If you are only using Raging rush or Kings justice you can get away with 21 sTP as you should be landing at least 2 hits.

Which actually makes life really easy as /SAM + Rajas + Brutal = 21 sTP.

(for 504 delay GA)
 Leviathan.Veronika
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Veronika
By Leviathan.Veronika 2009-11-05 10:11:42  
I'm not going to read through all these posts to see if a proper explanation on this was offered or not, so here goes, i'll explain this part.

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Until recently I was curious on why
the Hecatomb Subligars were being sold for so much, like 10mil gil. I can see why
Dex+8 would be nice, and yeah attack+20, but wow 10mil!

Multiple hit ws's that hit more than 4 times benefit a lot greater from attack than from actual weaponskill mods. The perfect example is Dancing Edge, a 5 hit attack (6 if you're dual wielding) that gains about 2-4 damage per 1 attack you add. It takes 3x that in DEX or CHR to boost damage that much which are the weapon skills mods. You typically want to stack accuracy and attack for any 4-8 hit weapon skills, as they are your biggest concern. Sometimes strength will play a factor as well, if the mob has really high vitality but that's something you'll have to test for yourself.

These legs would mostly be for Rampage if you were on WAR. It would boost the damage more than even Hachiryu Haidates would, and they're half the price :P
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [255 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Rayes
サーバ: Asura
user: Rayes
By Asura.Rayes 2010-07-18 06:42:00  
o.O
 Asura.Rayes
サーバ: Asura
user: Rayes
By Asura.Rayes 2010-07-18 07:02:55  
/sam 6 hit which I personally use vs birds with Hasso/Retaliation. (if extra or outside cure, or even a damn good healer.) aka mp sponge, and good for showing off damage/parse results. Poor curing results in hesitation and holding off damage(Seigan/Third Eye for a desperation move = goodbye Hasso). aka WS 150 tp or death lol. death = downtime + ruin your parse. If you got cure bombs /sam is the way to go...

On the other hand, /nin serious 7 hit for better survival, dd + support/provoke adds and even straight tanking if you have the proper amount of Haste for recast/utsusemi. Another pro to this situation is that you can go WS happy without any hesitation which is also good support for a tank if you steal hate.

Although I can do both /sam and /nin with no problem at all, parse or even dd+support. With all of this being said, I would like to add that a True Warrior knows that his role is not only to parse better than the next DD even though he potentially can. I prefer /nin because parse does not mean everything, only insecure noobs care strictly about that. DD + SUPPORT + SAVE YOUR HEALER'S HAIR LOL = 1337 Warrior.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-07-18 08:33:05  
Kinda late, but oh well...

Weapon:
Maneater
Joyeuse
Byakko's Axe - Use this unless you have Bravura, or lv 80.
Foolkiller

Grip:
Mythril Grip +1
Axe Grip - STR build
Pole Grip - Double Attack build
Rose Strap - Store TP build

Ammo:
Bomb Core

Head:
Adaman Celata
Optical Hat - WS, Rampage
Askar Zucchetto - WS, Raging Rush, King's Justice, Rampage
Walahra Turban - TP
Genbu's Kabuto - WS, Steel Cyclone

Neck:
Chivalrous Chain - TP
Kubira Bead Necklace - WS

Earrings:
Fowling Earring
Assault Earring

Body:
Hauberk - TP
Assault Jerkin - Wha??
Kirin's Osode - WS, pretty much any WS.

Hands:
Adaman Mufflers - Situational?
Dusk Gloves - TP
Warrior's Mufflers - ePeen/Situational/Steel Cyclone
Pallas' Bracelets - WS, if you can't afford..
Alky's Bracelets - WS

Rings:
Ruby Ring (aug: vit+2)
Ruby Ring (aug: mp-4)
Iota Ring
Ulthalam's Ring
Unyielding Ring

Back:
Forager's Mantle
Cerberus Mantle

Waist:
Potent Belt - Again, wha??
Warwolf Belt - WS
Life Belt - TP, if you don't have..
Swift Belt

Legs:
Warrior's Cuisses - WS, depending on preference for mod or critical dmg.
Byakko's Haidate - TP, also, see above.

Feet:
Dusk Ledelsens - TP
Askar Gambieras - ePeen/solo
Hecatomb Leggings - WS

My suggestions. >.>