users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Want some advice from all the 75 WARS
Want some advice from all the 75 WARS
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-07 01:52:10  
If you're not constantly over 75%, you need to either find a better healer or get a SCH to Stoneskin you. There's no reason anyone should be below 75% in a merit party, let alone the main tank.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-07 01:53:19  
Idc how good your healer is, you are going to go below 75% HP, and there goes ur latent. You know a pecking flurry is going to take you right down to orange ya?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-07 01:55:41  
Good thing I didn't buy the bomblet yet then. I hardly go axe/sword except nyzule. It's always /SAM or /THF.

I wanna play around with AF2 hands for SC somehow. I was using pallas bracelets to WS in, but I tried to augment them and got like -3str -2vit or something horrible like that.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-07 01:56:54  
Rumaha said:
Idc how good your healer is, you are going to go below 75% HP, and there goes ur latent. You know a pecking flurry is going to take you right down to orange ya?

And then one Cure will get you back to white.

Even so, if you're getting down to orange in a merit party, then it's probably your fault for either not subbing NIN or not using Seigan.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-09-07 01:58:40  
Chaosx said:
Good thing I didn't buy the bomblet yet then. I hardly go axe/sword except nyzule. It's always /SAM or /THF.

I wanna play around with AF2 hands for SC somehow. I was using pallas bracelets to WS in, but I tried to augment them and got like -3str -2vit or something horrible like that.

Yuck get new pallas hands and try again ><. This is why I am afraid of augmenting gear.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-07 01:59:13  
Enternius said:
Rumaha said:

Even so, if you're getting down to orange in a merit party, then it's probably your fault for either not subbing NIN or not using Seigan.

Pecking Flurry is 4 hits, /nin there is NO way to avoid taking DMG, and they like to hit you 2 or so time before using it, meaing you take 3 hits, and go below 75%.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-07 02:02:32  
Rumaha said:
Enternius said:
Rumaha said:

Pecking Flurry is 4 hits, /nin there is NO way to avoid taking DMG, and they like to hit you 2 or so time before using it, meaing you take 3 hits, and go below 75%.

I have no trouble tanking them either on SAM/WAR or NIN/WAR. I guess stop tanking with Berserk up?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-07 02:04:56  
I haven't taken my war into a meripo in sometime, only Sky / HNMs / Einherjar. Sky I never have to worry about hp < 75%, but during HNMs and especially in Einherjar, I get hate a lot and hit a lot. Seigan+Third eye saves my *** a lot.

Sky is always /thf so u know how that goes. Plus I usually go PLD to sky anyways. But I forgot ppl like /nin in meripos. I've been campaigning too much, lol. So I could see being able to be above 75% even if you are tanking, which is more often the case. Gotta kill fast to keep the chain #s up.

Doesn't matter now anyways lol! TP Dusk feet, WS NFeet now :D
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-07 02:05:07  
Cuz Seigan takes pecking flurry in 1 TE, I tank them better SAM/WAR and NIN/WAR better then WAR/NIN, its not tanking its first voke, so why would I take off berserk and do less dmg?, id rather leave berserk on and have that perma 2~3% haste. Even w/o berserk they hit for over 150, thats still going to take you below 75%.
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2009-09-09 07:58:07  
Chaosx said:

Thanks. Those sets give me a better idea. Question though, do you find the bomb core better than using a fire bomblet?

ive never had one, i should look into getting one
i always parse about 93% melee acc on birds

but im also waiting for that next fortitude torque to drop, skill+7 should push it up that 2%

recently updated my RR/KJ builds with Champion's Galea: Str+6 Wsacc+15 Haste+2
haste +2 is a waist but the sets i picked were
str+4/wsacc+15 + str+2/haste+2
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-09-09 08:42:22  
Krazyrs said:
but im also waiting for that next fortitude torque to drop, skill+7 should push it up that 2%

Chiv chain is 5 acc,
Fort torque is 7 skill (6.3 accuracy)

1 accuracy ~ 0.5% hit rate.

So Fort torque will give you 0.65% hit rate over Chiv chain.
 Odin.Kraytos
サーバ: Odin
user: Tyseng
By Odin.Kraytos 2009-09-09 09:40:46  
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=74778, i think an earring and ring are only things from sea but can replace them with other stuff. here is my setup
 Titan.Genarf
サーバ: Titan
user: Genarf
By Titan.Genarf 2009-09-09 10:03:24  
this is what i would us as general gear.
TP:
Great axe: ridill joytoy
pole grip
fire bomblet
askar head
fort torque
brutal earring
bushi or ethreal
ada berk
askar gloves
toau melee ring
rajas ring
cerb +1
v belt
byakko's pants
aurum sabs

WS:
Gaxe : ridill joytoy
pole grip
fire bomblet
hecca cap
fort torque
brutal
bushi
ada berk
hecca mits
flame ring
rajas
cerb +1
warwolf belt
ares legs:hecca legs
hecca legs

my war is 45 but thats what i want
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2009-09-09 16:05:30  
Quote:

and epeen+1, my chiv chain makes me look gimp IMO, so does the low lv assault earring but u cant beat acc+2/att+5 in that other ear slot.

to Genarf WAR gaxe=276 sword=250
have to push more acc for a sword/sword setup with war
even with full merits and fort torque your still under A+ skill
plus 2hander 4/3 ratio VS 1hander 2/1 ratio
 Unicorn.Crabbattle
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Shamaya
By Unicorn.Crabbattle 2009-09-11 02:29:42  
Boric said:
im a 1337 warrior ;)

Rumaha said:
Yes, yes you are.

A 1337 warrior who tells someone two wait three hours to return money to a person, after said person accidentally way overbid an item by several mil (pretty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE I know), at which point said 1337 warrior who is richer than Jesus proceeds to ignore future tells, causing frustration and insult =/
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-09-11 04:37:39  
Krazyrs said:
Quote:

and epeen+1, my chiv chain makes me look gimp IMO, so does the low lv assault earring but u cant beat acc+2/att+5 in that other ear slot.

It is a nice neck piece and an upgrade on what you currently use. I was just correcting your maths. If you really need accuracy you should look at getting a peacock charm.

There is not thing wrong with assault earring, combined with brutal it is the best ear combo for 75WAR TP.
 Unicorn.Motokosun
user: mattchew
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-09-11 05:03:05  
Chaosx said:

But anyway after I pick up this new gears, I'm gonna go try and pop the Hocho NM. So far I'm 1/8 on getting it to drop. And now on my server the Hocho is going for like 2mil, so if it drops, Hauberk+1 time!

Piece out!

First off, 1/8... That's some tasty treats right there. Second, there is many good/thirteen thirty-seven setups, some better then others. Yours looks pretty good. I would suggest trying Axe/Organics over a Jtoy, it sounds different but the best warrior WS i ever did see came from a dude using organics off-hand. And he had ridill, bravura, etc and it was best WS, Bravura was best O-a.D but ya.

Go for B.haidate as soon as you can, Join a sky shell if you have to(lulz) get CoP done for your Rajas/Brutal and torques.

Last remember theres no perfect way to gear war it depends on merits/food/play style. Before you go robot try out what works best for you.

-Cheers
 Unicorn.Motokosun
user: mattchew
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-09-11 05:08:05  
Chaosx said:
Dracondria said:
You could just do the PCC BCNM a few times and sell drops/keep PCC >.>

Maybe it's just my server, but only BLMs are allowed to this BCNM. Maybe one day I can break the job barrier, lol!

X3blm
X3bst
X2bst X1rdm
X3nin
X2nin X1rdm
X1rdm X2dd

needless to say there are many combinations that tackle this bcnm, EASILY.

Happy Hunting
 Phoenix.Baelorn
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-09-11 06:34:37  
BLU can also work from what I hear.
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-09-11 06:54:08  
When I go its:
BLU/NIN x2 for the small eyes
RDM/anything to kite the big boss

Each take 2-3 yag drinks per run (normally only use 1-2 per run tho).

Simple fight.

I am 0/10 on PCC though :(
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-11 07:57:00  
Motokosun said:
Chaosx said:

But anyway after I pick up this new gears, I'm gonna go try and pop the Hocho NM. So far I'm 1/8 on getting it to drop. And now on my server the Hocho is going for like 2mil, so if it drops, Hauberk+1 time!

Piece out!

First off, 1/8... That's some tasty treats right there. Second, there is many good/thirteen thirty-seven setups, some better then others. Yours looks pretty good. I would suggest trying Axe/Organics over a Jtoy, it sounds different but the best warrior WS i ever did see came from a dude using organics off-hand. And he had ridill, bravura, etc and it was best WS, Bravura was best O-a.D but ya.

Go for B.haidate as soon as you can, Join a sky shell if you have to(lulz) get CoP done for your Rajas/Brutal and torques.

Last remember theres no perfect way to gear war it depends on merits/food/play style. Before you go robot try out what works best for you.

-Cheers

Lol I'm 1/10 now, still no luck on a 2nd drop. I think I got spoiled when it dropped the 3rd time I popped him. That's still ok, I always grab me a thf's knife before I leave the temple so I don't walk away empty handed, or at least with something worth value.

I just sold my Organics for 775k, lol. Funny part is people are still selling them for 700k on my server, but I only got it to try and solo serket with my PLD/DNC. Needless to say closest I got was about 15%
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-12 00:32:41  
Ok since losing my Pallas bracelets to a lame augment I haven't been using any hands for WS's. Well I've asked two LSes on my server to get my Nhands, and none have replied yet. So out of boredom, and the fact they were cheaper than normal, I bought some Alkyoneus's Bracelets to play around with. As far as using Byakko's Axe and the Foolkiller goes, I'm actually quite impressed with these. I thought the -dex would hurt RR, but nope! I got to say that was definitely 690k well spent, rather than 1mil for the abj+ w/e the cursed part costs, lol!

I think I'm gonna stick with the Alkyoneus's Bracelets for GA at least. I was actually quite impressed.
 Pandemonium.Frankwhite
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Frankwhite 2009-09-12 02:53:46  
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.html?fjob=4&mid=118866987397022850&num=35&page=1

read the last 4 posts, should help
[+]
 Unicorn.Smurfo
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-09-12 03:20:15  
Rumaha said:
Body would only be useful for regen, Legs are crap, hands are crap, Head is pretty nice to WS in the white, Feet are ok but id choose NQ dusk over them because of how little you are in 75%~ hp

U must suck at keeping shadows up... you one of those mp sponge even though im /nin guys?
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [53 days between previous and next post]
 Alexander.Hasiano
サーバ: Alexander
user: Hasiano
By Alexander.Hasiano 2009-11-04 10:54:56  
i hit level WAR70 last night, i was using creek m clomps for WS, but now i am thinking of replacing them at 71 with the warwolf belt and tp in my potent belt untill i can find sonething else. i got dusk gloves to use at 72, and heca mittens for level 73. `so i'm getting toward the best TP/WS pieces.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-04 10:58:27  
You want to replace Creek Clomps with Warwolf Belt...? I'm not sure I follow your logic.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-04 11:00:53  
He wants to replace the creek clomps at 71 and possibly the warwolf belt.
 Hades.Toralin
サーバ: Hades
user: toralin
By Hades.Toralin 2009-11-04 11:16:23  
Whats not been mentioned is the importance/damage output from a 6-hit Great Axe build compared to a 7-hit, the so called 31337 warrior Boric while he may have some pretty cool HQs he doesnt even have a 6-hit build, a warrior with a perdu voulage 6-hit with average gear, is going to blow his Bravura out of the water damage wise.

Here is a proper 6-hit build to obtain exactly 100% tp in 6-hits.(also happens to be what I use)

http://www.ffxiah.com/members/?q=item_sets&set_id=29195

My advice would be since your probably not swinging a Bravura or going to be anytime soon, is get a parser and parse your accuracy(aim for 93-95%), your going to need different sets for when Aggresor is up/down. Easy additions would be Cuch mantle > Forager(cerb+1) or Toredor ring > Blitz ring, when aggresor is down.

WS gear its all been mentioned, the hecatomb is hard to beat. throw in some STR pieces for KJ, because the DEX isnt making you critical anyway.
 Alexander.Hasiano
サーバ: Alexander
user: Hasiano
By Alexander.Hasiano 2009-11-04 12:02:44  
sorry about that, i was at work and distracted.

i'm going to stop using creek m clomps for WS and use warwolf belt instead, it has better stats for WS, and i'll keep using my potent belt for TP till i can find something better, going to use dusk gloves for TP and at 73 use my heca mittens for WS along side warwolf belt, in that makes any better sense.