Geas Fete Player Reduction, Average BLU Solo?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Geas Fete Player Reduction, Average BLU Solo?
Geas Fete Player Reduction, Average BLU Solo?
 Asura.Keaddo
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kadas
By Asura.Keaddo 2016-01-13 01:38:16  
My apologies for this slight necro-bump but I've been looking for information and stuff regarding Geas Fate stuff, but I can't seem to find a place with everything (or most of everything), it's mostly bits and pieces between wikis and forum posts here and there.

the information here is extremely useful, but I am sure there's still quite more to know. Is there perhaps a place I missed?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-13 02:02:24  
Is there anything specific you're looking for information on?
 Asura.Keaddo
サーバ: Asura
user: Kadas
By Asura.Keaddo 2016-01-13 02:19:46  
Since pops are easy to get I guess it doesn't hurt to just get it started, but still, I like preparing as much as I can when venturing into unexplored adventures.

Posts here mainly talk about experiences and encounters difficulties but I can see no updates on how those issues were solved (like.. how to consistently get the SC and then Wind MB in order to keep Vidala's level in check, if you're soloing - yes you can do it yourself, but it's in a CD, can't do it often)

I suppose a small guide on how to handle each of the NM's peculiarities and suggested subs/general tips would put me more at ease before attempting myself.

But again, it'd be quite the wall-o-text so I'm not really asking for a write-up, just if there is any resource I've missed (I've gone through bg-wiki and these forums mostly. Wikia doesn't seem to have much info on newer stuff)
 Siren.Obliterate
サーバ: Siren
user: TBMC
By Siren.Obliterate 2016-01-15 10:02:49  
I can say for Vidala specifically it comes down to alot of luck when attempting solo. People here have said to MB wind on him to lvl down but from what ive seen, MB does not help at all.

It may be a certain amount of very high spike wind damage, but a MB subduction or silent storm for me never leveled him down. To me it always just seemed random low percentage(10% or so chance) of any wind damage so spamming tended to reap better results.

I've tried the fight well over 15 times on blu with different strats and never beat him. I just gave up and came back on blm and beat him spamming Aero spells with shantotto, apururu, amchuchu, irohaII trusts and luckily got rawhide harness.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2016-01-19 11:05:12  
Siren.Obliterate said: »
I can say for Vidala specifically it comes down to alot of luck when attempting solo. People here have said to MB wind on him to lvl down but from what ive seen, MB does not help at all.

It may be a certain amount of very high spike wind damage, but a MB subduction or silent storm for me never leveled him down. To me it always just seemed random low percentage(10% or so chance) of any wind damage so spamming tended to reap better results.

I've tried the fight well over 15 times on blu with different strats and never beat him. I just gave up and came back on blm and beat him spamming Aero spells with shantotto, apururu, amchuchu, irohaII trusts and luckily got rawhide harness.

I don't know how much of a help this is, but I've seen a mythic JP PUP solo Vidala with /SCH and spamming Aero II. BLU could do the same. The level down mechanic seems to just be random low percentage on any wind damage, I agree. This fight is just a lot easier on a nuking job than any melee.
By Sylph.Padisharcreel 2016-01-19 11:42:17  
Can solo vidala really easily on BLM with trusts, cant imagine a reason BLU shouldn't be able to do the same. I use amchuchu (august works fine too), yoran-oran (subsitute whatever whm you prefer), koru-moru, iroha2, and joachim. Could substitute shantotto2 for iroha since you'd be able to make your own skillchains. Pop it with blink up and pdt set on in case break gets past shadows. Its very straightforward once the trusts engage... just make it dead.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-01-19 11:58:42  
Think I was able to level it down with no issues by just using molting plumage with regular (non-nuking stat) swords, but it has been a while since I've done it.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-01-19 14:23:43  
It's been a while since I've fought him as well, but I recall he has a proc that cancels his Perfect Dodge (but I might be mistaking him with many other NMs that function this way). Anyway, I've solo'd him as THF/RUN using August, Shantotto 2, Sylvie, Ulmia, and King of Hearts, and I find that Lunge is very effective in proc'ing him, possibly due to being multiple magic hits.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-01-19 14:34:13  
what about the wind damage from rune?
 Cerberus.Jeffil
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Zelljrc
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-02-02 15:58:44  
Or Subduction?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [142 days between previous and next post]
By Matic 2016-06-23 16:05:49  
I feel like I actually have good reason to necrobump, and this has been a helpful thread for me, so I'm going to add my experiences with soloing Vidala. Hopefully it can help other players like me who came back recently and don't have a good network of helper-friends yet. So I do apologize if this is too verbose or pedantic for a lot of veterans.

I struggled a lot with this NM as a below average geared BLU, even going so far as to level SCH to attempt a wind MB nuking strat(without many JP or optimized gear, so ofc it failed). What ended up getting me the win was going BLU/WAR and zerging it, surprise surprise. You just can't count on white procs in this fight. They're gravy if you get them, but this is really just a dps race.

Melee gear was taeon hat/legs/feet with TA/acc, rawhide hands acc path, qaaxo harness, +14dmg Claid/Mimesis, so not exactly great. Had about 400JP.

I'm having a hard time recalling the exact trust combo I used, since I tried out so many and only got one win (not because it was a fluke win, although luck can certainly be a factor, but because 1/1 on vest). But:

tank: Gessho and Amchuchu both worked well. I actually think i won with gessho
rdm: King or Arcielia.
support: qultada
whm1: kupipi
whm2: apururu

is what i think i used/what i would use if i were to do it again. 2 whms may be overkill, and its entirely possible that i used Shantotto2 or Ullegore in place of Kupipi, especially if I had Gessho as tank. Memory is hard.

- set Retinal Glare, as it will completely ignore his level. With my 'meh' nuking set, it was hitting for around 2k regardless of how many times he had leveled up. Very useful for Perfect Dodge, and can be pretty clutch if he's at like 8% HP and youre whiffing all your attacks due to him being level nine thousand; you can whittle him down with Glare.

- eat sushi

- build tp to 3k on trash

- buff with occultation, cocoon, natures med, diamondhide if you want, diffusion mighty guard (very important, obv), any other buffs you feel the need for

- use all your DD temp buffs: champions/bravers/barbarians/monarchs drink (save fighters in case he levels up too much for your acc, though tbh youre probably screwed anyway if you cant kill by then, depending on where his HP is at)

- pop NM, occultation should protect you from petrifaction, but ofc its not 100% so have that -PDT set ready or have a petrify screen(which i did not,but i also never had occultation fail me on this so, i guess ymmv)

- use tenebral crush

- berserk, warcry, open with 3000%TP savage blade > Efflux Thrashing assault > Light, burst with Diffusion Ray. You might take hate, but its gonna happen eventually anyway.

- CDC spam, Retinal Glare 'spam' if he Perfect Dodges

- Retinal Glare and/or fighters drink if needed to finish him off
[+]