Geas Fete Player Reduction, Average BLU Solo?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Geas Fete Player Reduction, Average BLU Solo?
Geas Fete Player Reduction, Average BLU Solo?
 Sylph.Gobbo
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-10-22 13:26:29  
BLU is more than capable of tackling every NM in Escha. Their versatility and ability to change job archetype on whim is what allows them to adapt to any gimmick that the NM requires. Tier 1s you shouldn't have much issues if you do Skillchain -> Magic Burst while taking advantage of elemental weakness.

My group has been low manning all NMs (3-5 people) and take BLU to all of them. The higher you go though, the less optimal DDing becomes and you pretty much spec to BLM archetype letting SCH do the SCing instead. But we do SCH/RDM, BLU/WAR, GEO/RDM, and another GEO to Vex/Attunement and use August or Amchuchu to tank and Apururu to heal.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-10-22 13:31:36  
I made no mention about gear. I only discussed changes made to spellsets.

No, you do not need full Adhemar (NQ or HQ) to solo T1s, nor will you need Tizona and Nibiru Blade. Gear is not the primary issue. No, if you just picked BLU up and are geared primarily in Sparks or non-augmented Taeon, you won't be able to do this. I just assume that those interested in tackling solo content on BLU are moderately well-geared.

What you will need is knowledge of the fight and, yes, a large collection of spells with which to supplement your utility. I was able to "solo" T1s in Zi'Tah before Ru'Aun was released, so with all of the new gear, not to mention JTBs, a moderately geared BLU with knowledge of each NM will not have a problem.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-10-22 13:36:39  
Just wanted to mention that white !! proc on Vidala (caused by large wind damage) is speculated to lower his level. With other NMs, white procs have been observed to cancel special abilities (like Mighty Strikes), so it might instead just be canceling Vidala's Perfect Dodge/Avoidance Down aura.

Also note that Dremi and Affi both offer temporary items in exchange for a few silt, among them are TP wings and Monarch's Drink. Any job with Requiescat could take advantage of stocking up on them between rounds against the Caturae to simplify breaking shields.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-10-22 13:40:29  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Also note that Dremi and Affi both offer temporary items in exchange for a few silt, among them are TP wings and Monarch's Drink. Any job with Requiescat could take advantage of stocking up on them between rounds against the Caturae to simplify breaking shields.

Thank you, people tend to pass up some of these items. Stuff like Soldier's Drink and Oracle's Drink are really really powerful. Soldier's Drink tacks on another +50% Damage Bonus on the next attack done, whether it be melee, weaponskill, or nuke. When combined with a MB'd Nuke, it will pack quite the punch. Assassin's Drink and Fighter's Drink also helps make up whatever accuracy issues you might be having and Catholicons could be used on allies and remove almost any debuff they have which is amazing if a monster used Breakga on your healer, could use Catholicon to remove it.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-10-22 13:40:52  
Phoenix.Libbien said: »
Sylph.Oraen said: »
BLU can solo, or at least "solo", every T1 that comes to mind. Some will have annoying mechanics to handle, so you just compensate with changes to your spellsets.

We've got wind damage for Vidala, practically every single damage source for Caturae, not to mention Requiescat (even though it's utter ***now), AoE heals and erases, magic defense bonus spell and traits, and basically the most utility you can shove into one job. If you understand the mechanics of the fight you're attempting, you should not have a problem.

Blu spells won't bypass some of those shields as they can specifically require h2h dmg, not blunt for example. So unless you have tp or a form of regain to break it with requiescat, you're kinda screwed in that situation. Though as someone else stated, the pops for t1's aren't expensive so you can always just try again and hope for better luck.

Also as a side note... please pay attention to the fact that the OP said "AVERAGE BLU". This isn't a pro blu by his own admission so don't base your own abilities as the standard of difficulty for these fights. These will be tougher on him than some people are making it sound.

Again, I made zero mention of gear. None. This is about knowledge of the fights. As my previous post mentions, I assume moderate gearing only (some augmented Taeon is really about it).

To my understanding, Caturae have damage weaknesses of slashing, piercing, blunt, H2H, Light-based magic, and Dark-based magic. Literally the only one of those BLU does not have is H2H, which can be rectified by saving TP for Requiescat, using temps to gain TP, or summoning at least 1 or 2 H2H trusts (Prishe II comes to mind, as she can also heal).

Khon has a tendency to spam H2H shields, so use a H2H trust. Ruea likes blunt shields, so keep your clubs ready. Vidala's level can be reset with wind damage, so set subduction or opt for Silent Storm to burst with off of your light SCs. Ferrodon can hit like a truck, so sub /NIN to avoid his damage. Revetaur can't be WSed without dealing with irritating mechanics, so be ready to TP phase his *** to death. Some mobs love spamming debuffs, so get Winds of Promy ready to help your trust conserve their MP.

I'm not saying "have perfect gear before attempting these fights" because that's not even close to necessary. All I'm saying is know what you're getting into.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-10-22 13:48:58  

No, you do not need full Adhemar (NQ or HQ) to solo T1s, nor will you need Tizona and Nibiru Blade. Gear is not the primary issue. No, if you just picked BLU up and are geared primarily in Sparks or non-augmented Taeon, you won't be able to do this. I just assume that those interested in tackling solo content on BLU are moderately well-geared.

What you will need is knowledge of the fight and, yes, a large collection of spells with which to supplement your utility. I was able to "solo" T1s in Zi'Tah before Ru'Aun was released, so with all of the new gear, not to mention JTBs, a moderately geared BLU with knowledge of each NM will not have a problem.

Thanks I'll do my research before tackling them on
[+]
By lhova 2015-10-22 18:43:56  
Bahamut.Foreverj said: »

Thanks I'll do my research before tackling them on

Yeah thanks for all the advice! Is there a central source for fight strays for the nms? BG seems pretty vague on the mechanics.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2015-10-22 18:56:40  
After doing Vidala in a really terrible pickup group, I can say with some certainty that plain old wind damage isn't what white procs it, there's something else involved.

Also for caturae, you can use F Rip for H2H, ranged is the more annoying problem since req is the only answer to that for blu. If only blu had throwing skill, could build tp to req at least, lol.
 Sylph.Traxus
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2015-10-22 19:02:16  
Phoenix.Libbien said: »
Blu spells won't bypass some of those shields as they can specifically require h2h dmg, not blunt for example. So unless you have tp or a form of regain to break it with requiescat, you're kinda screwed in that situation.

It's been a long time since I tested this stuff, but iirc blu has both blunt and h2h spells, I think bludgeon was one of the h2h ones.

The actual annoying shield is ranged, since blu has no ranged combat skill, and the three 'ranged' blue magic spells (featherstorm, queasyshroom, pinecone bomb) have low base damage caps, and are functionally broken because they depend on your equipped ranged weapon for racc.

Like others have said thou, relying on temps + requiescat should be fine if you know how the fight works (IE: the gaze doom/terror).
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
サーバ: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2015-10-22 19:11:41  
Interesting that Avatar Cait sith is Ra damage. may wana team up for those small aspects.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-10-22 19:15:44  
Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
After doing Vidala in a really terrible pickup group, I can say with some certainty that plain old wind damage isn't what white procs it, there's something else involved.

Also for caturae, you can use F Rip for H2H, ranged is the more annoying problem since req is the only answer to that for blu. If only blu had throwing skill, could build tp to req at least, lol.
I think I've only ever seen it happen with MB'd wind, including Lunge. Multiple bursts will trigger multiple !!'s at the same time, too.

Is Glutinous Dart not considered ranged? It's a shame if it's not.
 Sylph.Traxus
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2015-10-22 19:19:14  
Dart is regular piercing.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2015-10-22 20:03:27  
I read somewhere that the blu magic ranged spells don't actually function as ranged dmg for this particular case. Haven't had a chance to test personally though since I hardly ever fight caturae's. Can try it out after the patch though!

And the MB thing might explain it, could not get the group to do a SC for the life of me, lol.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-10-22 20:23:02  
Albin Bane new best TP piece.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-10-22 20:38:17  
Okay, I know just how stupid this is, but I'm now legitimately curious how viable it might be simply as TP generation while weak or on Caturae.

ItemSet 338862
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2015-10-22 20:51:28  
I know this is all screwing around and what not, but you guys realize blu has no throwing skill right?
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-10-22 20:52:48  
Just gotta sub a job with native throwing, is all. You'll still have bad accuracy, but not terribly bad accuracy.
 Sylph.Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-10-22 21:14:07  
Bring Corsair, summon Selh'teus, use Tactician's Roll. Selh'teus spams Rejuvenation and you have yourself a TP Battery.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-10-22 21:32:41  
Just gotta sub a job with native throwing, is all. You'll still have bad accuracy, but not terribly bad accuracy.

I got over 1000 ranged accuracy on Beastmaster for shits and giggles, without any buffs other than food. You can do this. I have faith in you.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2015-10-22 21:40:56  
Sylph.Gobbo said: »
Bring Corsair, summon Selh'teus, use Tactician's Roll. Selh'teus spams Rejuvenation and you have yourself a TP Battery.

I think if you have a corsair it's easier to have the corsair QD or shoot, lol.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-10-22 23:53:43  
You guys gotta stop bringing logic into this. No logic, only ranged BLU DD.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Terren
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Terren 2015-10-23 01:45:15  
So, funny story, a few weeks ago I got it in my head to go solo my zitah gear, mostly because of my frustration with the more people = more silt spent = less drops for everyone BS, at which point I raged when I found out it was a 3 player requirement.

Anyway, having spent the last few weeks spamming these NMs for Despair and Rawhide gear and a few other things, mostly with trusts and groups of three, here are a few pertinent notes for those of you (like myself) who plan to solo come update:

- Vidala, the tiger, requires a wind MB, not just high wind damage, to trigger the level-down. It levels up with Roar, which it spams. The timer on Burst Affinity is too long to rely on that for your proc MBs alone - you will need Trusts that can MB and regular skillchains. (one of the SAM trusts would be super handy there).

- the Wivre, Ferodon or something like that, similarly needs Water MBs to reduce its massive, massive stacking attack boost, and even then sometimes it's not enough. The trust campaign really helps with this one - August gets over 3k HP - and the Wivre's moves tend to do around 2400ish damage when he's really buffed. The most successful tactic we had beating him was to go all-out on damage, get the water MBs as often as possible, but really just focusing on finishing the fight quickly. On that note - Ulegore is great at stunning the wivre.

- Gestalt, the hecteyes, is pretty squishy to both melee and magic, so the only stumbling blocks are dreadspikes (blank gaze works well), his gaze attacks, and the whole chainspell impact thing.

- Angrboda, the golem, is again an issue of mitigating that massive aoe damage - the trust campaign and careful [Run away!] works well low-man. Temp items could be useful here. We had a whm with top-tier bar-spells and just about everything else so it wasn't as threatening low-man.

- Cunnast, the wyvern - the advice on the bg wiki about barparalyze and barfire is gold, it helps quite a bit. He wasn't so bad. Trust campaign would help a lot solo I think, a lot of this fight would be just surviving AOE on blu.

- Lydia, the morbol - pretty straight forward morbol fight, and no extremely bad breath. Ulegore is golden here for stunning.

I dunno about soloing the Revetaur, a taurus with two flavours of doom, one removeable, one not. The Trusts mechanics rules out your pld getting back up and tanking weakened, and the temp item doesn't last long enough for an entire fight.

Anyway, despite having most of what I need already, I'm really looking forward to making some attempts come update!
[+]