Anyone Else Getting Hacked?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Ramuh » Anyone else getting hacked?
Anyone else getting hacked?
First Page 2
 Ramuh.Saiht
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
By Ramuh.Saiht 2009-09-01 02:55:11  
Here I am leveling BLM and what do I see? An error telling me someone has logged my account from another terminal. I quickly logged back in to find no damage done, I was lucky. 2 days later I receive a call from my brother, "I can't log into my account" He was hacked as well. We aren't on the same network nor do we even live in the same state. No third party tool use or anything of that sort, yet both accounts hacked. BTW, he wasn't as lucky as I was, they moved his main to Fairy and his mule to Quetzalcoatl. They also took everything that wasn't r/ex. We've been told his account will be rolled back, but how many people does this have to happen to before something is done about it. Anyone else out there having this problem?
 Ramuh.Miemo
user: Miemo
By Ramuh.Miemo 2009-09-01 03:01:03  
It allready have a solution.. Go get your login-stick and big bag! ;)

Seriously it sucks though. Hope your brother get his ***back.
 Ramuh.Onekei
user: Onekei
By Ramuh.Onekei 2009-09-01 03:05:42  
What the hell is a login stick?
 Ramuh.Miemo
user: Miemo
By Ramuh.Miemo 2009-09-01 03:07:41  
Security-Token~
 Ramuh.Onekei
user: Onekei
By Ramuh.Onekei 2009-09-01 03:09:11  
Ohhhhhhh gotcha
 Ramuh.Saiht
By Ramuh.Saiht 2009-09-01 03:09:20  
I have one, that didn't seem to stop them from getting on to my account.
 Bahamut.Paulus
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-09-01 03:24:41  
This happened to Justplayr of Bahamut today. Exact story. Moved his Main to Siren, HQ staves gone, Kriegsbeil, gone, sorcerers ring gone, K-Osode, gone, Torques, gone, KClub, gone, Gil, gone, lv15 salvage pieces, gone (OMG We got to do those runs again!), PCC, gone.

That's all the stuff he could identify right off. I hope he's back soon.
 Ramuh.Saiht
By Ramuh.Saiht 2009-09-01 03:27:15  
Seems to be happening a lot more lately, 3 people in my LS so far. I know getting accounts hacked isn't a new thing, but why does it seem to have exploded?
 Bahamut.Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-09-01 03:31:40  
Saiht said:
Seems to be happening a lot more lately, 3 people in my LS so far. I know getting accounts hacked isn't a new thing, but why does it seem to have exploded?

Yeah I wonder too myself. It may just be the confusion involving the new secure payment service. It's the first of the month, some person contacts you about billing and get's your contact info. I don't know but I'm so concerned.
 Ramuh.Saiht
By Ramuh.Saiht 2009-09-01 03:36:38  
But I've never been contacted by anyone about anything in game, the only people with my info is me and SE. Mine seemed completely random and I still have no idea how they got my info. I had no viruses or trojans on my pc so I'm doubtful that it was a keylogger. IDK just sucks to think no matter how safe you try to be, someone out there will still find a way to take it all.
 Bahamut.Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-09-01 03:42:32  
Yeah, JP told me his horror story of long waits to contact someone and this "process" he's going through. I don't know if I could ><!
 Ramuh.Saiht
By Ramuh.Saiht 2009-09-01 03:46:40  
6 hours of waiting yesterday and I'm sure it will be about the same today. Still have to get the roll back process started.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-09-01 03:52:31  
Let me get this straight? even with their security token someone can still somehow hack someone...?

I mean if someone has my password and such and ID. How do they generate the numbers for the token...
 Ramuh.Saiht
By Ramuh.Saiht 2009-09-01 03:54:54  
As far as I'm aware, you have unlimited attempts at guessing the one time password.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-09-01 04:12:14  
Just a heads up, my "old" company used to use these RSA SecurID tokens to log in to our system. They are not foolproof. Several times we had people show up as logging in the system overnight. This should be impossible as I was the only one with the building key and we didn't even have a janitorial service at the time. This was back in 2007. We discontinued usage after we saw the 3rd login attempt.

Odd thing was, we didn't even deal with anything important. Nor did we ever interact with the public really. We don't even know why people would even attempt to log into our system. There was nothing there of value. Confused the ***outta us at the time, still does.

Anyway, long story short, these keys are not as secure as one might hope. They are vulnerable to the same glitch(?) as they were when introduced back in 2005 ish. They simply add a speed bump to the system.

Someone has to figure out what's going on though. It's almost like PoL itself has a compromised server broadcasting user info like a beacon.
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2009-09-01 04:18:20  
peoples accounts are not being hacked they just to stupud that they cant tell a real GM from a fake

User submitted image
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-09-01 04:19:04  
so they probably made a new system that can hack people by getting their id's and they got some generator probably running through to get an exact match?

SE *** up again.

refund us token money aand give this ***for free if thats the case.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-09-01 04:20:05  
Cardinalgate said:
peoples accounts are not being hacked they just to stupud that they cant tell a real GM from a fake

User submitted image

Tha is being hacked it is rmt... still being hacked bro. how are they able o log in with out security token OP had one.
 Ramuh.Saiht
By Ramuh.Saiht 2009-09-01 04:23:22  
So, not getting that tell, therefor not responding to a fake tell makes me stupid? I know what a real GM and a fake GM tell look like, neither myself or my brother have responded to a fake GM tell. Please get your ***straight and find somewhere else to call someone stupid.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-01 04:28:32  
Dear Sir, I's GM CAPSNAME? Ridiculous.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-09-01 04:29:29  
It hasn't happened to the people that say it can't happen. It's much easier to call you names and lol at you than it is to admit there may be a genuine issue.

There will always be "bandwagoners" as well in situations like this, but there is a genuine problem when people are getting hacked. Even WITH a security token. The token should not allow anyone to log in to your account, even if you faxed them your polID and password. But it does. So it's a fail in terms of security.

It simply seems like now, it's become even easier to hack people. It's like they don't even have to guess at your personalized password anymore. They have the keys already and rearing to go.

Edit: also, these keys that are supposed to provide you with a 100% unique ID key every 30 seconds/1 minute... They are not unique. We had some 50 odd keys at one time, of which 3 of them refreshed the same keys. Not sure if they have fixed that or not by now. I imagine that would be a huge security risk and would have been handled if the company has remained in business this long... ?
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2009-09-01 04:37:54  
Saiht said:
So, not getting that tell, therefor not responding to a fake tell makes me stupid? I know what a real GM and a fake GM tell look like, neither myself or my brother have responded to a fake GM tell. Please get your ***straight and find somewhere else to call someone stupid.

not calling you stupid

the fake people use the work hack really dont make any since at all trojin yes scan you pcs you may got a keylogger on your system
 Ramuh.Saiht
By Ramuh.Saiht 2009-09-01 04:41:46  
We both scanned our pc's, no trojans no keyloggers. We both had our accounts hacked, yes i said hacked. Yes i have a token, no I didn't respond to a fake website.
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2009-09-01 04:59:21  
Saiht said:
We both scanned our pc's, no trojans no keyloggers. We both had our accounts hacked, yes i said hacked. Yes i have a token, no I didn't respond to a fake website.

wow thats crazy as hell
 Ramuh.Saiht
By Ramuh.Saiht 2009-09-01 05:01:54  
That's what I thought too, I still can't seem to figure out what happened and where these people got our info.
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2009-09-01 05:05:31  
Saiht said:
That's what I thought too, I still can't seem to figure out what happened and where these people got our info.

make sure SE dont do anything stupid when they roll you back tive them a time and date to roll back too
 Ramuh.Saiht
By Ramuh.Saiht 2009-09-01 05:07:16  
Will do, thanks for the advice ^^ and I'll also make sure they don't charge me for the hackers moving both characters.
 Ifrit.Zekio
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Zekio
By Ifrit.Zekio 2009-09-01 05:11:01  
i got hacked lastnight as i was doing assaults. was trying to log back on and my buddys on skype said i was running around trying to die. i couldn't log on my main PC PoL kept locking up everytime i try to log on, so i hoped on my laptop and loged on there, to find myself in my mog house with no gil and my Blau Dolch missing.

*edit* i also have a security token -.-
 Ramuh.Saiht
By Ramuh.Saiht 2009-09-01 05:15:36  
I guess I was lucky that I could log right back in and stop them from getting anything, unfortunately my brother wasn't on when it happened to him.
First Page 2