Anyone Else Getting Hacked?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Ramuh » Anyone else getting hacked?
Anyone else getting hacked?
 Ramuh.Sagittario
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-09-01 05:59:44  
2 of my friends, both with security tokens have been hacked this past week, one managed to have his account locked down in time, the other logged in to find all his stuff gone and his character deleted once he got back online, he was one of the top players on the server.

SE need to man the *** up and deal with the rmt once and for all, 2 of my friends have been hacked this last week and have no idea how, only suspecting FFXI sites like ffxiwiki, ffxiah and ffxiradio. Surely a corporation like SE with the resources they have can come up with something better, oh wait, they dont give a ***because they have no customer loyalty and dont give a ***how much time, money and effort it has taken players to reach there goals, which is why I won't be playing FF14.

Go star wars mmo, hopefully Lucasarts can show SE how its done.
 Quetzalcoatl.Irie
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Galatea
By Quetzalcoatl.Irie 2009-09-01 06:03:57  
For those who don't read BG, you should.

Security tokens are your problem, they HI JACK your LOGGED IN session

They don't need to log into you.

http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/80487-sky-falling-player-token-hacked-lolie.html

OP on BG was 10 days ago... old news... and scary as *** if you got those things.

Very eye opening, sorry if this post came across as lolling at you D:
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-09-01 08:10:00  
It appears that the SE registration server was hacked. So all of our POL IDs are possibly compromised. In addition to that, it seems they no longer even need to D/C us to steal our accounts (console and PC alike). They simply crash our instance of PoL and pick up the connection like we simply red dotted for a few seconds. In addition to that, it locks our PoL.exe from relaunching until we restart our PC's. (I'm assuming on console it just crashes you long enough for them to get some stuff and run. Several instances where the owner and the RMT were fighting over logins on consoles.) This is far more sophisticated than a simple phishing site or keylogger. If true, (and there are several believable/creditable people saying it is) this is some scary ***. No one is safe. :(

Maybe SE kicking me from the game last month was a blessing in disguise -.-

Edited because they aren't stealing accounts anymore. They are stealing items and gil only it seems.

Edited again because none of this is 100% verifiable until SE openly admits there is a problem... Which I expect any day now ... /holds breath ... /sarcasm
サーバ: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-09-01 08:15:54  
Irie said:
For those who don't read BG, you should.

Security tokens are your problem, they HI JACK your LOGGED IN session

They don't need to log into you.

http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/80487-sky-falling-player-token-hacked-lolie.html

OP on BG was 10 days ago... old news... and scary as *** if you got those things.

Very eye opening, sorry if this post came across as lolling at you D:

Quote:
"i was browsing some FFXIV sites in IE"

Quote:
"i was browsing in IE"

Quote:
"IE"
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-09-01 08:28:11  
Not all people that got hacked were on IE. Some people were on consoles. One instance was browsing on an iPhone. As far as I know, me browsing on my iPhone doesn't get my FFXI character hacked on my 360...

Not to mention that this doesn't negate the fact that this is a very powerful attack method. This could easily be modified for other browsers (if it is even coming in that way. One person stated that they may have gotten it through Life Journal... wtf?! why would you even think that?). Plus, I think I mentioned this earlier as well, not everyone that plays this game understands what scripts are and why they can be bad. We're not dealing with IT Techs here. These are everyday people. Just because something is common sense to you, doesn't mean they feel the same way. Real life = Game life in this instance.
 Ramuh.Saiht
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Saiht 2009-09-01 08:37:11  
I've done a lot of reading since I started this thread. I'm still not too sure how far they would've gotten on my account had I not caught them in the act. My brother wasn't on at the time his account was compromised, so no telling what happened there either. We are both currently doing everything we can to update and make our systems safer. I highly doubt it will do any good, but it seems like it may be worth a shot at least.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-09-01 09:30:14  
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=4744#206675