FFXI's Rarest (Non-Ilevel) Items.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » FFXI's Rarest (Non-Ilevel) Items.
FFXI's Rarest (Non-Ilevel) Items.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Isiolia
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2015-07-07 09:26:21  
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »

Not sure those would really count, since mostly they've faded from the market due to lack of use. While, at this point, most of the existing ones might be on deactivated characters, the same could be said of stuff like Ridill. Were they actually still useful, we'd have a decade+ worth of drops in circulation.

Spelunker's Hat, IMO, would be rare if the only way to ever see it was the actual NM pop. As it is, the NM is very common in Nyzul, and it appraises fairly often. I've seen several from that.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-07-07 12:21:40  
Asura.Vinedrius said: »
Skjalfeirdotter said: »
You very rarely see anyone with MMM gear like... Lycopodium Sash,

:3
I don't think that stuffs so much hard to get as it is, noone wants to do that content anymore.

It isn't hard to being able to find it, but that doesn't change the fact that it is incredibly rare to see a drop. I am one of those people who gave up after numerous attempts.

I would consider adding some appraised assault stuff such as vampiric mitts.

I've added the MMM Stuff (I may of missed some).

Also adding some of the Assault stuff like the vampiric mitts.
 Asura.Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2015-07-07 12:32:42  
Did you mean to include Vampire Boots in the obtainable list? Vampiric Boots are the Assault item, Vampire Boots are just from that bat NM that drops several other things.
By Aelius 2015-07-07 13:18:59  
I have an Eerie Cloak. :o
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-07-07 14:36:41  
Asura.Isiolia said: »
Did you mean to include Vampire Boots in the obtainable list? Vampiric Boots are the Assault item, Vampire Boots are just from that bat NM that drops several other things.

Woops, that one was a my bad.
 Sylph.Snk
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2015-07-08 11:03:01  
Asura.Isiolia said: »

Not sure those would really count, since mostly they've faded from the market due to lack of use. While, at this point, most of the existing ones might be on deactivated characters, the same could be said of stuff like Ridill. Were they actually still useful, we'd have a decade+ worth of drops in circulation.

I think they would since even when people camped those mobs, the drop rate was terrible so it deserves a spot. Ridill shouldn't even be considered anymore since SE gave them away year before last iirc.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2015-07-08 11:12:57  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Vilma Ring
definitely not, xiah has over 2000 registered

Yup, i don't count that one myself, the dropped items which me and Jeanpaul added are rare, because the NMs never spawn.

On another note, i split the list into obtainable but rare, and Rare and Unobtainable.
The reason Vilma Ring has over 2000 registered is because it was a Mog Bonanza Rank 4 prize for 2 occasions.
 Leviathan.Vow
サーバ: Leviathan
user: woVow
By Leviathan.Vow 2015-07-08 11:29:09  
It was a reward from the Mandragora event last November as well.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2015-07-08 11:29:51  
I would also add Pho Belt +1 and Pya'ekue Belt +1 are pretty rare. I've seen maybe 1 sonic belt +1 and phos belt +1 (very short lived item) in my days playing FFXI.

Speed Belt -> Sonic Belt -> Phos Belt -> Pya'ekue Belt
Since HQ versions of the belts can't be used for synthesis and you can use a NQ craft ring, I would say Sonic Belt+1 and Pho Belt +1 would be the rarest of them now since there's no monetary value in synthesizing those.
By meinferno 2015-07-08 11:55:14  
what about these?
Fancy Spectacles
 Lakshmi.Konvict
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2015-07-08 12:14:59  
Regain Feather
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-07-08 12:17:23  
Vilma Ring isn't hard to get, really. Most of us could head to the jungle right now and find Vilma herself up. Unlike Noble Mold and other "waiting" NMs, Vilma has no other conditions, and appearing in a spot very few people ever pass by these days has left it quite neglected. Maybe a month ago, after killing Siren for a lower level player, I swung by Vilma and scored them a ring.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-07-08 12:18:27  
Bismarck.Hsieh said: »
The reason Vilma Ring has over 2000 registered is because it was a Mog Bonanza Rank 4 prize for 2 occasions.
it's just plain not that hard to get, the nm's up at least once a day and has been for years now

went out when i made that post, surprise

also repeating that the belts are obtainable with a reasonable amount of effort from an undergeared player in a relatively short timeframe, if they count then you may as well throw in every synthed HQ from vagary mats and the whole blurred+1 set since they're blatantly harder to get and rarer
 Asura.Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2015-07-08 12:33:24  
Sylph.Snk said: »
I think they would since even when people camped those mobs, the drop rate was terrible so it deserves a spot. Ridill shouldn't even be considered anymore since SE gave them away year before last iirc.

With the Gold Mog Pell, yeah...but by that, Mistilteinn (at least) has been a low-tier Bonanza prize at least once as well ('course, so was the Rain Hat). If I recall, there were a fair number that wound up on the AH after that, as I bought one then for cheap.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-07-08 12:33:32  
prob wouldn't count assault drops either, especially FL ones

10 min reentry time, most easy enough you can dualbox 2 runs at a time, you're looking at 5-15 hours depending on how bad the droprates actually are

just can't see how you can call something rare if it can be farmed in under a day by any 99 job in sparks gear
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2015-07-08 13:15:09  
D-ring that is still rare as hell to see drop
 Bismarck.Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2015-07-08 17:26:09  
it's just plain not that hard to get, the nm's up at least once a day and has been for years now

also repeating that the belts are obtainable with a reasonable amount of effort from an undergeared player in a relatively short timeframe, if they count then you may as well throw in every synthed HQ from vagary mats and the whole blurred+1 set since they're blatantly harder to get and rarer
Yes it's not hard to get these days.I don't know what vagary mats are or the whole blurred +1 (assuming its the blurred weapons) those wouldn't qualify because the OP said the criteria had to pre- ilvl.

Point is most of these items people don't care to go out and get these days. Yes some of rare items are obtainable but no one wants to waste resources on something that's useless.

Also some of the hexed -1 gear is pretty rare such as hexed haubert -1 or huginn haubert.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2015-07-08 17:43:56  
the refresh musk and wyvern feed weren't at all that rare, they were just kind of useless. the fight for them can be done once a week. the only item i'd consider rare from that would be the whm item as the whm fight was nigh impossible.
 Asura.Zekky
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2015-07-08 18:14:11  

The airship is one of my favorite possessions. The friend who got me onto FFXI quit shortly after our one year anniversary of playing together.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-07-09 14:03:31  
I guess:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/10465/fulad-zereh

-Did a lot of Legion when it was the thing to do, and actually never saw this drop. It's rare as ***, and since it is pretty much useless now, I expect it's rare since no one is really going to go out and farm it. The rarity of it and extremely low demand makes it pretty much non-existent I guess.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-07-09 17:19:18  
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
I guess:

-Did a lot of Legion when it was the thing to do, and actually never saw this drop. It's rare as ***, and since it is pretty much useless now, I expect it's rare since no one is really going to go out and farm it. The rarity of it and extremely low demand makes it pretty much non-existent I guess.

Oh ye.
Yeah, this is true it is very rare. LS mate farming it for lockstyle, must of killed it well over 100 times by now. still no drop.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-07-09 17:24:06  
What about Duplus grip then? I`ve never seen that drop either
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2015-07-09 17:35:30  
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
I guess:

Oh ye.
Yeah, this is true it is very rare. LS mate farming it for lockstyle, must of killed it well over 100 times by now. still no drop.

3 on ah for rag.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-07-09 17:50:21  
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/11500/chocobo-beret

Was only available to NA as a prize from 1 or 2 community events, one of which being a trivia Twitter event in 2010 where I got mine.
 Lakshmi.Phaffi
user: phafi
By Lakshmi.Phaffi 2015-07-09 17:57:54  
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/282/yovra-replica

Statue for housing awarded to 11 people for the XI years of XI contest. I'd log in and get the screenshot I have of mine, but my account is deactivated at current.

edit: not needed, there's screens on the page.
 Lakshmi.Phaffi
user: phafi
By Lakshmi.Phaffi 2015-07-09 18:03:04  
Additionally on the topic of furnishings, the furnishings given out to people for art contests would be extremely rare.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-07-09 18:03:37  

At one time Defoliate Leshy was the super rare one, it basically had never spawned on most servers. People loved farming those trees for Mistletoe and such and having someone leave up an NM for however long it requires is hard in a popular area. Heims Earring didn't even exist until Nyzul Isle put some in circulation on Pandy.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-07-10 05:30:31  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/11500/chocobo-beret

Was only available to NA as a prize from 1 or 2 community events, one of which being a trivia Twitter event in 2010 where I got mine.

Already on the list!

Lakshmi.Phaffi said: »
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/282/yovra-replica

Statue for housing awarded to 11 people for the XI years of XI contest. I'd log in and get the screenshot I have of mine, but my account is deactivated at current.

edit: not needed, there's screens on the page.

Woops I forgot that one!
 Valefor.Angeluzun
サーバ: Valefor
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2015-07-10 06:57:21  
Disappointed that nobody mentioned the Carbuncle Prime drops yet like http://www.ffxiah.com/item/17711/shivas-shotel or http://www.ffxiah.com/item/17192/ifrits-bow
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2015-07-10 08:25:53  
Is everyone sure you can't obtain the decazoom camera or the pen from the Chronicles anymore? I have one I've never opened because it's a collector's piece at this point, but I would assume the codes still work.