Military Parade - A DD Bard Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 41 42 43
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-15 14:10:40  
Datruthuhate said: »
I don't often worry about haste, i use my songs, samba & trust if needed for haste. It's not a perfect set but it works just fine for me, keep in mind main role is support, but i do some pretty good damage. You can always adjust as you see if for yourself.
I wasn't trying to criticize, just to point out.
After accuracy, haste is probably the major contributor to dps.
If you don't care about dps, why dps at all then?
I see you have Ayanmo+2, just use Ayanmo+2 legs and you'll be pretty much fine with the sets you posted! ;-)
By Datruthuhate 2018-11-15 14:53:25  
All good you wasn't rude that guy from siren was, anyhow..
Well if I need more haste i can swap belts out, easy, but I tried to keep it balanced enuff for easy changes if needed. I never said it was a perfect set like some ppl might assume. But I feel where your coming fro.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-15 15:02:29  
Well if I need more haste i can swap belts out
You can, I don't suggest it.
For two reasons mostly:
1) Witful Belt +1 is too good to give it up
2) if you're dual wielding, you want a DW belt

Seriously, Querkening Brais is not good enough, not anymore at least, it used to be nice.
Just use Ayanmo+2 and you'll be fine! That 2% TA loss will mean nothing, Ayanmo will give you more STR (attack!), more accuracy, will cap your haste and will also give you some nice DT which never hurts! ;-)

That's if you don't want to waste gil augmenting Telchine (only other decent option, which I don't suggest).
Another option is Volte Legs, which is BiS, but good luck gettin that.
Last viable option you can use is Jokushu Haidate. It's decent enough if you don't need the additional accuracy.
[+]
By Datruthuhate 2018-11-15 15:12:56  
Yeah I totally agree, I use QB legs cuz I tend to be singing while fighting, unless I really have no business hitting the mob.
And folks that's teamwork between two people.
Love, peace, & chicken grease.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-11-15 15:13:12  
I don't know what subjob you use when dual wielding, but with /NIN and no Samba, you ideally want +11 (Reiki+Eabani is good; Suppa+Shetal can work). If /DNC with no Samba, you want +21 (You would kinda need a DW back). If /DNC with your own Samba maintained, you want +9 (Suppa+Eabani is probably ideal).

Outside of the 2nd scenario, you're also probably better off changing your back to DA- but that's a far lower priority than capping haste/delay reduction.

Quote:
Yeah I totally agree, I use QB legs cuz I tend to be singing while fighting, unless I really have no business hitting the mob.

Casting should have no barring on your TP gear.
[+]
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
サーバ: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2018-11-15 15:19:27  
All good you wasn't rude that guy from siren was, anyhow..
Well if I need more haste i can swap belts out, easy, but I tried to keep it balanced enuff for easy changes if needed. I never said it was a perfect set like some ppl might assume. But I feel where your coming fro.
You're missing the point entirely: you NEED to cap haste if you want to maximize dps because it's just too important. It's more important than Store TP, multihits, attack, everything. You just can't make a TP set and drop haste for "balancing things out". Capping your delay is your single most important priority when making a TP set, save for accuracy when you're fighting something evasive and starts whiffing your swings.
[+]
By Boshi 2018-11-16 07:52:48  
Siren.Kyte said: »
Casting should have no barring on your TP gear.
[+]
By eliroo 2018-11-17 09:45:34  
Does anyone have any sets with capped haste? Isn't Querkening a bit risky because of no ACC?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-17 10:42:24  
We already said that Querkening used to be nice but it's a bad option nowdays, for multiple reasons.
A number of alternative Leg options have been suggested over the last few posts ;-)
By Boshi 2018-11-17 10:49:52  
ItemSet 363055
26 haste.
chironic DM aug qa3(and or ta high or combo of stuff)ect. can prob slot in at one of:feet/hands/head,
ideally feet.

depending on SOA ring:
Haverton Ring +1 / Suppo / Windbuffet+1
[+]
By Sidra 2018-11-17 10:50:55  
Full Ayanmo will cap haste. Or you can wear nearly anything and add a Salifi belt. However, that is sub-optimal if you have a Reiki Yotai which is by far the best waist for TP.
By Boshi 2018-11-17 10:53:59  
Ayanmo Legs 9%
Volte Braise 9%
Volte Tights 9%
Jokushu Haidate 20%

are the answer to haste issues.
[+]
 Cerberus.Boogs
サーバ: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-11-17 10:58:29  
Boshi said: »
Ayanmo Legs 9%
Volte Braise 9%
Volte Tights 9%
Jokushu Haidate 20%

Does volte gear drop so readily that people are suggesting them in gearsets? Ever since Dynamis D came out, I have seen exactly 2 pieces of volte gear drop. Given that 17 other people are lotting against you, I have to question whether the suggestion of volte gear is reasonable.
By Datruthuhate 2018-11-17 13:20:03  
No volte gear doesn't drop like that, it's almost non-existent.
So until you become fortunate enough to get those pieces, the sets above are your best option. And don't let anyone have you thinking otherwise cause they are full of it.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-11-17 13:59:06  
Cerberus.Boogs said: »
Ayanmo Legs 9%
Volte Braise 9%
Volte Tights 9%
Jokushu Haidate 20%

Does volte gear drop so readily that people are suggesting them in gearsets? Ever since Dynamis D came out, I have seen exactly 2 pieces of volte gear drop. Given that 17 other people are lotting against you, I have to question whether the suggestion of volte gear is reasonable.

he's giving a full list of leg options that fix the haste problem

it's not unreasonable to include volte as part of said list
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-17 14:07:44  
Cerberus.Boogs said: »
Does volte gear drop so readily that people are suggesting them in gearsets?
Alas it doesn't. So until someone gets volte, Ayanmo+2 is the most realistic option for most slots.

They should make one random Volte item become 100% from the wave2 megaboss, or if not 100% at least >50%

Chironic requires really godly augments to be better than other options.
I had the following:

They don't win compared to my other options.
Keep in mind that, if I recall, Chironic doesn't get TA augs naturally. Dark Matter can normally get values ~10% higher than the default cap with normal stones.
But what happens when that specific aug is not available through normal stones? Like TA on Chironic?
I suspect that in those circumstances the values cap low, but I might be completely wrong hey.
For DA the cap on Chironic is 3%, 4 with Fern. With Dark Matter it's probably something like 5 or 6 max?

QA on Chironic might be really good. Chironic has overall shitty stats (acc/att, main stats) and low haste, which you can probably compensate by using Jokushu Haidate.
Overall I dunno, sounds really random, not really something you can "work" for, kinda on the same boat as Volte.
[+]
 Asura.Hallieweezie
By Asura.Hallieweezie 2018-11-17 16:05:36  
Can someone show me updated sets?
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-17 18:15:40  
Boshi already posted one of the "BiS" TP set, but it's not what I would call realistic, good luck getting 4/5 Volte.
Rings and earrings leave some space for customization too.

In theory there are two approaches in TP for BRD.
Carnwenhan => Focus on Multiattack until you activate AM3, then focus on STP
All other RMEA => Focus on Multiattack.

This works well in theory, but in reality BRD doesn't really get that many options so we don't often get the luxury of choosing between MA and STP.
Ayanmo body being one of the few options that comes to mind, there's similar swaps in the Rings and Earrings slots.
Additional swaps can be in the Cape one (10STP in place of 10DA) and in the Ranged slot (Can get 3DA or 6STP in the leaf slot on Linos)

Ayanmo +2 body is an awesome option for TP, don't understimate it.
Aside from the already mentioned Volte pieces, other options are basically pretty much Ayanmo+2 again, or godly augmented Chironic, but you gotta need really really really good augs in there.
If you're lucky enough to have 3 good Chironic pieces, they have to be Head, Hands and Feet. Won't be able to use legs because you gonna need legs with a lot of Haste to compensate for the lack of it on Chironic in the Head/Hands/Feet slot.
[+]
By Boshi 2018-11-17 19:04:30  
Work from Bis then go down to alternates. Just like any other job. Use DMs as an exemption note not the norm like the douchebag war guide
By chads 2018-11-17 21:56:55  
@Sechs

Would you mind sharing your lua? You said you had one with a Daurdabla toggle switch. Every lua I have run into for BRD only facilitates casting dummy songs but I would prefer to get into the habit of doing it your way.

EDIT: Oop wrong thread... but yea still, that. 8 - )
[+]
By eliroo 2018-11-19 10:17:33  
Sorry I forgot to say thanks for the answer, I appreciate it guys!
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-12 06:06:22  
Did some more tests with Aug Carn vs Aug Aeneas (I keep forgetting to check Aug Twashtar... need to do it next time).

With the new gear that came out, mostly the neck, it seems that Carn (Mordant) build is slightly above Aeneas (Rudra) build even without the AM3 up.
Of course it's tons above with AM3 up but this is not a surprise, it's always been like this, problem is that AM3 is simply not viable in the majority of content.

Now I'm a bit skeptic about these results.
I'm afraid it might be an error in the spreadsheet that at this point is simply not updated enough.
If someone else wants to double check again (posting gear and results) I'd apreciate, would love to see other inputs from different people.

One thing that's for sure: spreadsheet hardly takes into account TP overflow, which is alas VERY common, and does absolutely zero for MR whereas it has a huge relevance for Rudra's Storm.

Some info on the setups I used

I dunno, I'm still a bit skeptic if anything because of the TP overflow, even if we want to exclude possible Spreadsheet shortcomings.
If my skepticism is to be proved wrong though, that's great news.
I know I'm biased but despite using mostly Aeneas over the last years, I can't deny I've always been a big fanboy of Carns.
(plus being able to lock the weapon without losing TP nor the Song duration+ is so good, honestly!)
 Cerberus.Dekar
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2019-01-03 19:47:15  
Hello there! I've been working updating my DD BRD set and I was wondering how it holds up these days. Below is are my ideal sets as well as things I'm wondering about swapping in. Aeneas isn't anything that I will be picking up soon but I'm certainly interested in it for the future for Rudra's Storm.

ItemSet 364229

Augments
Linos: QA +3, DA +3, ACC +15
Bard's Charm +1: DEX +25, CHR +25, Store TP +7, Physical Damage Limit +10%
Intarabus's Cape: DEX +30, Accuracy +20, Attack +20, DA +10%, DT -5

In the end I will end up with:
Haste +26%
Accuracy +334 (before addition of DEX)
Attack +20 (before addition of STR) Eww
DEX +234
STR +145
Store TP +26
Subtle Blow +29
Critical Hit Rate +6
DA +25
TA +6
QA +8
DT -25%

ItemSet 364233

Augments
Bard's Charm +1: DEX +25, CHR +25, Store TP +7, Physical Damage Limit +10%
Intarabus's Cape: CHR +30, Accuracy +20, Attack +20, Weapon skill damage +10%

In the end I will end up with:
Accuracy +260 (before addition of DEX)
Attack +300 (before addition of STR)
CHR +301
DEX +154
STR +131
Weapon skill damage +22%
Mordant Rime damage +30%
Physical Damage Limit +10%

Swap-ins
Linos: QA +3, DA +3, Accuracy +15
Ayanmo Manopolas +2 (hands): DEX +53, CHR +19, Accuracy +43 (DEX not included)
Jokushu Haidate: DEX +35, CHR +11
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-01-04 06:43:31  
For tp wouldn’t you want reiki yotai plus either suppanomimi or eabani earring so that you cap delay reduction?

I would also say a really nice augment on chironic gloves would probably beat Ayanmo hands. Something like 25 acc/3% DA with a fern stone. Maybe.

The rest of the ayanmo set has extras that make them worth using on brd. STP on head, DA on body, Crit on feet.

Also, telchine braconi start with 3% DA on them, might be decent to augment for DD if you can take the acc hit, and can afford to lose the haste from Ayanmo Pants.

Last edit I promise.... taming sari is really sexy. Might be better overall than Ternion +1 for your offhand unless you only care about that extra 1% TA.

Last last edit for real.... I've heard that brd can change instruments without losing TP. Is that true? If so, you could make a Linos for Mordant Rime too with +20 atk/3% WSD/+8 CHA.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-01-04 10:49:00  
ItemSet 361583

Linos with 15acc/15att not 20att. You need acc in ws set for MR even with r15 Carn.

Taming is way much better offhand imo. It can have +22 dex/str, +12 chr, +42att, +38acc, +3%TA which is all great both for MR and for TP. The bad thing about it is delay, but i still think its better than anything else.
[+]
 Bismarck.Syuevil
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Syuevil
By Bismarck.Syuevil 2019-01-04 10:56:23  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Last last edit for real.... I've heard that brd can change instruments without losing TP. Is that true? If so, you could make a Linos for Mordant Rime too with +20 atk/3% WSD/+8 CHA.

Yes, pretty sure it has to be the same type of instrument though, not sure if going from flute > harp for example keeps your TP.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-04 11:12:05  
You lose tp if changing instrument types, shouldn't be an issue for DDBRD though. Linos --> Linos = no TP loss
[+]
 Bismarck.Syuevil
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Syuevil
By Bismarck.Syuevil 2019-01-04 11:24:32  
Yup, and more importantly you can re-apply your songs using Gjallerhorn in combat without losing TP.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-01-04 11:36:54  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
You lose tp if changing instrument types, shouldn't be an issue for DDBRD though. Linos --> Linos = no TP loss

interesting, I always thought ANY change to the range slot (not to be confused with the ammo slot) constituted a loss of TP. Going from Gun to Gun on Ranger or Corsair (ex: Fomalhaut to Death Penalty) wipes your TP- I'm curious as to why going from say flute to flute doesn't.

edit: yeah just triple checked on COR- swapping the range slot wipes TP. now exceedingly curious.
 Phoenix.Tearxx
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2019-01-04 11:39:30  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Xolo said: »
sets.WS["Rudra's Storm"] = { range={ name="Linos", augments={'Phys. dmg. taken -4%','Quadruple Attack +3',}},
head={ name="Lustratio Cap +1", augments={'Attack+20','STR+8','"Dbl.Atk."+3',}},
body={ name="Bihu Jstcorps. +3", augments={'Enhances "Troubadour" effect',}},
hands={ name="Lustr. Mittens +1", augments={'Accuracy+20','DEX+8','Crit. hit rate+3%',}},
legs={ name="Lustr. Subligar +1", augments={'Accuracy+20','DEX+8','Crit. hit rate+3%',}},
feet={ name="Lustra. Leggings +1", augments={'HP+65','STR+15','DEX+15',}},
neck="Caro Necklace",
waist="Artful Belt +1",
left_ear="Ishvara Earring",
right_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Accuracy+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
left_ring="Ramuh Ring +1",
right_ring="Ilabrat Ring",
back={ name="Intarabus's Cape", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','DEX+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},

This set is pretty damn good, im trying to gather all the pieces, have a long way to go with dynamis clears and hq abj. Who would have thought I would be gearing a DD BRD...What a time to be alive.
This set is good.
-Head should be pathB **
-hands B
-legs B unless realllly low attack where D wins; B is safe choice
feet D
-ring1=Epaminondas's Ring
-at high TP (3k normal, 2.5 aeneas ear2="Mache Earring +1".
-Mache+1 -might- win over Ishvara too but that's really gonna depend on total wsd in set (things like chironic dm pieces will change your wsd amount)

-waist artful +1 will only win at completely capped attack. Wanion(dex8 str8) and Grunfeld (dex5 str5acc10att20da2) will win depending on attack level. Grunfeld is always a safe option.

Is there any way chironic or any other pieces that can beat out lustratio in any of those slots for Rudra's/Evisceration? Or is this the end all set for those? Seeing if there's a way to avoid the 30-40M splurge on lustratio without losing a lot of performance.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 41 42 43