Military Parade - A DD Bard Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 40 41 42
 Asura.Outlawbruce
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-01-13 12:29:41  
Bahamut.Hismena said: »
AG Twashtar would still be a bigger upgrade for Rime and Rudras, though, right, compared to Tauret?

If you're MH carn, I'm not sure why you'd OH twash. Unless you're spamming rudras with it? R0 Carn spamming rudras would make sense if you dont have aeonic. R15 carn you'd want to OH taming.
I'm not sure if I'm answering your question correctly. Twas OH isn't a upgrade for rime. For rudras, yes.
[+]
By Wotasu 2020-01-13 13:10:57  
Mordant Rime is Chr & Dex mod, and Twas is +50dex
By Crossbones 2020-01-13 13:45:05  
Sometimes you overtp (like in dyna cause of lag even despite your best efforts) at which point you're better off using rudras and that 50 dex on twash helps out quite a bit. It also has pretty low delay which is a perk in and of itself.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-13 16:29:22  
Wotasu said: »
Mordant Rime is Chr & Dex mod, and Twas is +50dex
The mods are not the same though.
It's 70% CHR and 30% CHR.
Twash's 50 DEX is not really a big deal when you factor that.

When I tested it on the old spreadsheet (which is now severly outdated but back then not so much) Perf Saming Sari was undisputably above Twash Offhand.
By Aerison 2020-01-13 17:31:37  
8 DEX or 3 quad attack on Linos for Rudras?
 Asura.Outlawbruce
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-01-13 17:37:28  
Aerison said: »

3 quad. Can stack quite a bit with jse neck and chiro DM pieces. I dont think the new earring will really be all that great.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-01-13 19:19:52  
Asura.Sechs said: »
It's hard to keep it up-to-date without instruments to measure efficiency of pieces for each slot in an objective way.

Sims are too slow for that (and there are none available).
The spreadsheet is way too outdated.
We can parse stuff sure, but there are so many variables in there and FFXI has no "puppets" to measure DPS efficiently that way.
So yeah...
if you're willing to learn some python 3 i could help you make a brd simulation easily
[+]
 Odin.Willster
サーバ: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2020-01-14 00:01:49  
Got volte tiara.... probably the one peice not needed
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-14 01:32:53  
Asura.Outlawbruce said: »

3 quad. Can stack quite a bit with jse neck and chiro DM pieces. I dont think the new earring will really be all that great.
Uhm... Multiattack tipically don't produce massive increase of damage for a WS like Rudra's Storm.
If we were talking about TA+3 I'd be pretty confident with DEX+8 winning. QA+3 I dunno.
I seem to recall last time I tested it they were so close it's probably not particularly worth discussing it.
Speaking about Linos don't forget that in the Leaf slot you can pick WSD+3% in place of DA+3%. That's a more noticeable difference for Rudra's Storm.

If you wanna know what I did, well, I'm currently using my TP Linos (Acc/Att+13, DA+3, QA+3) for both TP and all my WSs.
Why? Because the difference was small enough it didn't motivate me, because I'm lazy, because Rudra is a secondary WS for me and because I spent so much gil (it took me probably over 50 mils of Leaf stones to get DA+3, not joking) that I kinda got burned out and felt overwhelmed at the thought of augmenting a second Linos.
But now years have passed, I think I might get one myself.

Odin.Willster said: »
Got volte tiara.... probably the one peice not needed
With Ayanmo+2 out (and +3 being released in the future maybe, who knows) the Tiara is one of the least important pieces of the Bastok Volte set.

Ayanmo also has slightly more acc iir and DT, which Volte doesn't have. Which in turn has more Eva/Meva though.

Hands/Legs/Feet are still pretty much BiS for BRD, Body is an alternative to the elusive Ashera Harness and head, well I just discussed it.
It's not bad per se though.

Ramuh.Austar said: »
if you're willing to learn some python 3 i could help you make a brd simulation easily
Thank you Austar! I apreciate that, but I'm afraid it's beyond my skills really.
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-01-14 02:21:08  
Whichever aug you see first.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-01-14 06:35:27  
Thank you Austar! I apreciate that, but I'm afraid it's beyond my skills really.
majority of it is if and else statements. python 3 has some of the easiest to read syntax too, besides the self in front of variables here, everything else is pretty understandable probably:
Code
def shattersoul(self):
        ftp = 1.375 + self.fotia * (25 / 256)

if self.utu:
            WSC = floor(self.dexterity * 0.1 + self.intelligence * 0.85)
        else:
            WSC = floor(self.intelligence * 0.85)

base_damage = self.weapon_damage + self.fSTR + WSC

hit = 2
        damage = 0

if random() < self.qa_rate / 100:
            hit += 3
        elif random() < self.ta_rate / 100:
            hit += 2
        elif random() < self.da_rate / 100:
            hit += 1
        elif self.mythic_am3 and random() < 0.6:
            if random() < 1 / 3:
                hit += 2
            else:
                hit += 1

if random() < self.qa_rate / 100:
            hit += 3
        elif random() < self.ta_rate / 100:
            hit += 2
        elif random() < self.da_rate / 100:
            hit += 1

temp_damage = floor(self.swing(floor(base_damage * ftp))
                            * (1 + self.wsd / 100))
        damage += floor(temp_damage * (1 + self.shattersoul_bonus / 100))

for hit in range(min(7, hit)):
            temp_damage = self.swing(base_damage)
            damage += floor(temp_damage * (1 + self.shattersoul_bonus / 100))

return damage
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-14 07:12:33  
Uhm, I can understand a good part of what you posted Austar.
On average how many lines is a python script for one of your sims?
I could edit a python script with Notepad++ but after that wouldn't you need a VM to run that python code in the end?

I doubt I'd be able to write one from zero myself but maybe I could use a pre-existing one and heavily modify it to adapt it for BRD.
Maybe starting from a THF or DNC one since they share some properties (dual wield, dagger, most WS in common except the job-specific ones)
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-01-14 07:22:24  
notepad++ is fine, i personally use visual studio code for everything besides C#.

you will still need to install python to run it though. as for the lines, it depends, interface takes up a lot and somethings like impetus stacks take up a lot of lines as well, since i check after every swing for both melee and ws.

something like bard wouldn't be nearly as long and less gear to compare with as well, but you do have to separate main and offhand stuff. but you could start with doing something like just calculating WS damage
[+]
 Asura.Outlawbruce
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-01-14 08:36:49  
Ohh I just read it wrong. Didnt realize he was asking for weaponskill lmao. So you spent a lot of time writing that for nothing lol. My bad
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-14 09:27:34  
so you spent a lot of time writing that for nothing lol
Well, yes and no, but like Llewelyn ironically said, the difference between QA+3 and DEX+8 for Rudra's Storm is pretty close.
This seems to confirm the results I got a long time ago when I tested it with the gear and weapons available at the time.
They were pretty much producing irrelevant differences in average WS damage.

Now I'm not sure if all the gear upgrades we got since then makes that difference very noticeable but I doubt.
[+]
By Aerison 2020-01-14 09:46:58  
so you spent a lot of time writing that for nothing lol
Well, yes and no, but like Llewelyn ironically said, the difference between QA+3 and DEX+8 for Rudra's Storm is pretty close.
This seems to confirm the results I got a long time ago when I tested it with the gear and weapons available at the time.
They were pretty much producing irrelevant differences in average WS damage.

Now I'm not sure if all the gear upgrades we got since then makes that difference very noticeable but I doubt.

Well I have a qa3 on the linos so I'll just stick with that, spent enough getting wsd3. Thanks for the replies!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [51 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-03-05 15:34:03  
What's the BIS TP set for Carn AM3?
 Asura.Crowned
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2020-03-05 15:44:58  
Ideal set

ItemSet 371626

Realistic set

ItemSet 371628
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-03-05 15:47:12  
Asura.Crowned said: »
Realistic set
ty
 Asura.Hakutarutaru
By Asura.Hakutarutaru 2020-03-06 04:50:22  
Speaking of Carn AM3, is Aeneas r15/Twashtar using Rudra still better in most situations than using Carnr15/Taming Mordant Rime on bard?
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-03-06 05:44:32  
I'd not really put Volte Tiara in over the Aya. Zuchetto +2 difference is moot, i suppose if you have it just use it but wouldn't necessarily seek it out as one of the better Volte Pieces.

In terms of Rudra's pretty sure Twash/1ktp offhand would technically "beat" a Carn main hand BRD in zerg type situations but in terms of hassle and practicality out of a spreadsheet not really no, spreadsheets don't factor in people dying and needing songs reapplying, or your mage needing a ballad cause raises have gone out, all of which would cut your dps by having to swap out to carn to cast them.

I love BRD dps but it isn't going to be the COR. You really have to weigh up whether engaging on BRD is actually helping or hindering your Total DPS by causing more TP moves/*** up a natural SC by you doing your Mordant/Rudras, I have resorted to only really engaging on Ambu/Dynamis D NM's
[+]
 Asura.Hakutarutaru
By Asura.Hakutarutaru 2020-03-06 06:07:02  
Asura.Aldolol said: »
I'd not really put Volte Tiara in over the Aya. Zuchetto +2 difference is moot, i suppose if you have it just use it but wouldn't necessarily seek it out as one of the better Volte Pieces.

In terms of Rudra's pretty sure Twash/1ktp offhand would technically "beat" a Carn main hand BRD in zerg type situations but in terms of hassle and practicality out of a spreadsheet not really no, spreadsheets don't factor in people dying and needing songs reapplying, or your mage needing a ballad cause raises have gone out, all of which would cut your dps by having to swap out to carn to cast them.

I love BRD dps but it isn't going to be the COR. You really have to weigh up whether engaging on BRD is actually helping or hindering your Total DPS by causing more TP moves/*** up a natural SC by you doing your Mordant/Rudras, I have resorted to only really engaging on Ambu/Dynamis D NM's

Was gonna say the same thing about Aya. Zucchetto +2.

And totally agree on the rest, although it's still nice to have that additional damage on Bard on some stuff. Thanks for that anyway. Although I thought Aeneas/Twash was better for Rudra? That's only according to this https://www.ffxiah.com/node/355 I am pretty ignorant about thf/brd options.
By SimonSes 2020-03-06 06:09:56  

Sometimes It might be also the other way around :) I for example use BRD specifically for Skillchains in low man dynamis farm. Mordant>Mordant does Distortion, which I finish with 3000TP Leaden+Darkness for massive damage on NMs. Then I finish with 2000+TP Rudra from BRD for double Darkness.
[+]
 Asura.Hakutarutaru
By Asura.Hakutarutaru 2020-03-06 06:38:31  
SimonSes said: »

Sometimes It might be also the other way around :) I for example use BRD specifically for Skillchains in low man dynamis farm. Mordant>Mordant does Distortion, which I finish with 3000TP Leaden+Darkness for massive damage on NMs. Then I finish with 2000+TP Rudra from BRD for double Darkness.

That's interesting! And which main/sub you use for this on brd?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-06 06:57:41  
Asura.Hakutarutaru said: »
Although I thought Aeneas/Twash was better for Rudra?

You're comparing:

146 dmg
500 TP bonus
Dex+50

to

128 dmg
1000 TP bonus
DEX+70
Rudra WSD+10%

I don't have an updated spreadsheet but in terms of pure damage spamming at 1000 I'd say it's a fair guess that Twash is gonna produce much higher Rudra avg dmg despite the lower base damage.

How viable that's gonna be eeeh, BRD isn't exactly the job with the highest acc around, you usually have less acc than your DDs and it's super annoying to use different songs for yourself with Pianissimo (to give you more madrigals, for instance).

To get back at your question for R15 Aeneas/Twash vs R15 Carn/Perf Taming Sari.
With AM3 up, Carn beats Aeneas for overall DPS but that's pretty obvious.
The real question is: how much of overall DPS to you sacrifice to get those 3k TP and maintain AM3 up 90% of the time?
Which leads us to the next question: How does R15 Carns do against R15 Aeneas with AM off?
My old spreadsheet seemed to suggest that R15 Carns was beating R15 Aeneas (BARELY) even with AM3 down.
Quite frankly though I'm a bit skeptic about that and I'm afraid it was a matter of the spreadsheet being very outdated.
Also, spreadsheets usually fail to correctly evaluate the impact of TP overflow, which is pretty common these days, and Mordant Rime doesn't benefit from it whereas Rudra's Storm totally does.
This would play in favour of Aeneas builds.
Difference between R15 and R1 Aeneas is pretty small btw, if you were wondering.

My impression is that Aeneas builds are more straigthforward, simpler to handle and to deploy (you don't have to worry about which WS to use, to save TP, to use different sets etc) but you have the minor (?) annoyance of losing TP when you have to cast songs, the annoyance to handle further conditions for the weapon lock/disable etc.
Also rudra has better SC options? But... that's very debateable I guess, depends on your setup. LolSCs in large groups anyway.

With Carnwenhan you have to use different WS (spam Mordant at 1000, Rudra when for whatever reason you get too much TP), to handle the Aftermath and, ideally, to use slightly different sets when AM3 is up.
You perform 100% of your power even when engaged without losing TP and without the slighest annoyance of more elaborated lock rules.
[+]
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-03-06 07:20:35  

Oh for sure BRD can and does do good self skill chains, just majority of the time you don't get the opportunity to because other people are doing their own thing, it would be nice to see the dps hierarchy if they made skill chains individual but that's never going to happen. I find that in runs I DPS trash mobs, W1 die in the second Mordant before a SC comes out. W2 I normally only target the less threatening mobs (WAR, SAM, BRD, Mages etc) as no one wants a Monk or NIN to 2 hour etc.

In terms of some of the other questions, I almost always sub NIN due to never really wanting to deal with Waltzes which is the only reason to sub DNC. I use the Tauret in offhand, I don't have a perfect taming so have to deal with the cards you are dealt, I don't think I do any less than BRD's that have BiS taming though.

I am 2 pieces of the perfect set for BRD, Asheras and the Volte Mittens, just got to pray to RnJesus for them both
By Crossbones 2020-03-06 10:14:03  
I use naeg / cento
Twash / cento
Carn / twash (for wave 3 cause I overtp due to lag a lot)
Carn / sari

It all depends what I'm doing, what I'm fighting, what buffs I have. On the yag in the master trial for example rudras to impulse to rudras did about a quarter of its health each time and took it down in like a minute or so. Anytime I fight anything weak to pierce that I can have capped offhand acc on I use twash / cento, or if rudras to rudras beats two savage blades. Personally I try to avoid using carn mainhand unless I know the fight is gonna be long because it's a real pain in the *** to maintain am3 on brd and that can be a dps loss in and of itself. I think brd when properly geared is a very strong dps, I will never beat a maxed out pure dd in dmg but if you are a mnk that's 75% geared for example I'm gonna absolutely destroy you.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-03-06 11:20:39  
Asura.Hakutarutaru said: »

That's interesting! And which main/sub you use for this on brd?

My setup is BRD/THF (I TH4 with Horde), COR/NIN and tank/puller (Usually PUP, PLD or RUN).
[+]
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2020-03-21 00:39:06  
What do you guys think of r15 Metamorph ring+1 vs Illabrat for mordant rime?

CHR+16 vs DEX+10/Attack+25
 Asura.Outlawbruce
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-03-21 07:13:30  
I hardly ever get am3 with my carn. I've got 3 bards. And I compare the tp sets all the time.
My main gains TP so fast its almost pointless to go for am3. My chiro hands and feet have 3 quad, over 40 acc, and one has 5 stp and other 7stp. You ws at 1k anyways. It's a swinging machine. Granted I'm sure getting am3 would make if even more crazy. But if full aya is what most bards are using, ***just feels slow af. And really does feel like it takes forever to get 3k.
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 40 41 42