By Nyruul 2015-05-13 13:28:17  
The first words on that video...

Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-05-13 13:56:00  
Creativity said: »
See but the thing is, 10 people can be EXPing in West Ron and instead of grouping up, they all have Trusts. It's creating separation. But I guess they're just prepping the game for when it dies down. Blah! Idk

It's exceedingly rare to have multiple people exping in any low level zone these days, so trusts are only a benefit for the person who's otherwise going to be solo. (and I know you were just throwing out an example, but even in the old days you never could never team up for exp in West Ron since you couldn't join parties until level 10 - there's always been some forced soloing)

Even CP farm parties often have a hard time filling up, so it's fantastic to be able to do something like get the 4 people who want to go, and fill extra slots with trusts. It's either (a) fight with only 4 people, (b) shout for ages to get people to come and fill the party (not fun!), or (c) go ahead and start fighting stuff but fill the party with trusts. Also nice if you're doing something like SKCNM chapter fights with friends and there's a free slot or two - call some trusts, make the fights go faster! Or if someone has to leave and the rest of the party wants to stick around another 30 minutes... rep em with a trust!

Trusts don't hurt the community aspect of the game in the least. We have two linkshells, unity chat, /yell in cities... there are plenty of ways to communicate and team up besides forcing 6 people into a party to go exp. This isn't 2004. If anything, Trusts allow for partial parties to get started and go do stuff. Without, say, a trust healer, that party might not start at all and people would just be dicking around solo in town.

By all means, don't use trusts if you don't want to. And I'd very rarely prefer a trust to an actual player of the same role. But it seems silly to me to complain that this extra convenience exists.
[+]
 Leviathan.Krysten
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-05-13 15:00:04  
no new blu spells yet huh? maybe next month
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-05-13 15:14:18  
Trusts have been the best thing FFXI ever created personaly i DO prefer them over human lol. course depends the content but with them getting increased attk and acc it will be even better
By runeghost 2015-05-13 17:11:49  
Random guess... this "expansion" is an after "Zilart" thing, based on the Zeid and Lion bits, and will benefit from having completed all the Zilart storyline.

So will next one be Promathia related? Just curious.
 Phoenix.Urteil
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-05-13 17:29:49  
Trusts are cool.

I wish they would bring back the versatility of the magian weapons by allowing us to 119 them.
By Creativity 2015-05-13 17:45:20  
Leviathan.Krysten said: »
Trusts have been the best thing FFXI ever created personaly i DO prefer them over human lol. course depends the content but with them getting increased attk and acc it will be even better

Hopefully they decrease the hate gain. Shantotto is always tanking for me :P
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2015-05-13 17:58:33  
runeghost said: »
Random guess... this "expansion" is an after "Zilart" thing, based on the Zeid and Lion bits, and will benefit from having completed all the Zilart storyline.

So will next one be Promathia related? Just curious.
well I would assume after both zilart and CoP because there is that apocalypse nigh quest line where both zilart and cop mission lines come together for 1 last fight. then there is The Last verse mission that is triggered after that. so never know might have to be on The last verse to do this.
[+]
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-05-13 18:12:01  
they said emnity will rise on tanks and lower on healers, no word on blm tho
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-05-13 23:17:19  
The big argument against joining a party is the XP / CP penalty experienced with multiple players. This cause's a situation where soloing with trusts may produce more reward then joining a non-optimized party. This was one the things abyssea got right and that I was sad to see not implemented in the SoA zones. There shouldn't be any penalty for having more people in a party.
By protectorchrono 2015-05-13 23:51:33  
Asura.Saevel said: »
There shouldn't be any penalty for having more people in a party.

I agree, but if you played the previous FF titles you would know that this kind of penalty has been around for quite a while. SE probably wanted it to stick around...even in a MMO...but well...yeah, that's what they probably intended.
By Felgarr 2015-05-14 00:28:42  
I love that Trusts exist. I can play with different combinations and do lots of SKCNMs even on normal difficulty with DD trusts. (It takes about 18 minutes, but still...it's kind of fun to do once in a while, if there's time to kill and you don't want to spend it trying to make a group).
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2015-05-14 01:01:10  
while i agree that trusts are nice (having a mageybuffer alt might be giving me a different outlook) i find myself using combinations of healing buffer and nuking (rarely) trusts. i mean those melee trusts seriously become nearly useless against content that you would hope they would at least contribute, i mean another support healer over nearly any melee trust to support you (unless mage?) just seems so much better
By nyheen 2015-05-14 01:02:17  
The big argument against joining a party is the XP / CP penalty experienced with multiple players. This cause's a situation where soloing with trusts may produce more reward then joining a non-optimized party. This was one the things abyssea got right and that I was sad to see not implemented in the SoA zones. There shouldn't be any penalty for having more people in a party.

this right here, yes now n days many people soloing with trust because of the no xp penalty. it kinda stupid to have that rule now, at low lvl 1-75+ (the DD trust become sucky higher lvl. maybe new update gonna fix it?) the trust is badass! and takes no xp, why would i have random human players if it gonna kill lot of the xp?.

sure it would be fun having a player in the pt other then soloing all the time. but dont you guys think it time for that xp penalty to be dropped?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-05-14 01:24:23  
dumb question inc but is this the rhapsodies update that is going down now? I couldn't find a date for when that is actually supposed to take place
 Cerberus.Cruxus
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2015-05-14 01:25:22  
nyheen said: »

this right here, yes now n days many people soloing with trust because of the no xp penalty. it kinda stupid to have that rule now, at low lvl 1-75+ (the DD trust become sucky higher lvl. maybe new update gonna fix it?) the trust is badass! and takes no xp, why would i have random human players if it gonna kill lot of the xp?.

sure it would be fun having a player in the pt other then soloing all the time. but dont you guys think it time for that xp penalty to be dropped?

I believe that the gates zones (Sih, Woh, etc...) do not have penalties when you have a party of players, I honestly don't know anywhere else that's worth while to exp/cp in especially outside of the double campaign periods as you should easily get 1k+ with bonus from RoE bonus (collectively all that give), a decent augment on CP cape and having some of the Gift bonus. This is not to mention the CP ring.
By Draylo 2015-05-14 01:28:02  
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
dumb question inc but is this the rhapsodies update that is going down now? I couldn't find a date for when that is actually supposed to take place

First of three. One in May, one in August and last in November.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-05-14 01:29:45  
Draylo said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

First of three. One in May, one in August and last in November.

thanks!
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-05-14 01:31:37  
i can tell you that taru amchuchu isnt worthless he tanks like a BAD ***!!! keep hate even after Spell VI in a cap point party its crazy
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-05-14 01:31:57  
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46977

suddenly, the anti-botting fervor has been made much more clear
By gdiShun 2015-05-14 01:34:06  
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46976-May-14-2015-%28JST%29-Version-Update

Some of the rewards for Rhapsodies...
Quote:
Dynamis
Removal of the lockout on reentering Dynamis

Assault
Reduction of the amount of time between issuance of imperial army I.D. tags to ten minutes (Earth time)

Salvage
Reduction in the time limits between purchasing remnants permits to one hour (Earth time)

Einherjar
Reduction in the cost of purchasing smouldering lamps to 1,000 gilReduction of the lockout on participating to one hour (Earth time)

Zeni Notorious Monsters
Removal of the maximum about of Soul Plates Sanraku will hold90% reduction in the cost of the following items:

Sicklemoon Salt / Silver Sea Salt / Cyan Deep Salt
[+]
 Cerberus.Cruxus
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2015-05-14 01:36:25  
gdiShun said: »
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46976-May-14-2015-%28JST%29-Version-Update

Some of the rewards for Rhapsodies...
Quote:
Dynamis
Removal of the lockout on reentering Dynamis

Assault
Reduction of the amount of time between issuance of imperial army I.D. tags to ten minutes (Earth time)

Salvage
Reduction in the time limits between purchasing remnants permits to one hour (Earth time)

Einherjar
Reduction in the cost of purchasing smouldering lamps to 1,000 gilReduction of the lockout on participating to one hour (Earth time)

Zeni Notorious Monsters
Removal of the maximum about of Soul Plates Sanraku will hold90% reduction in the cost of the following items:

Sicklemoon Salt / Silver Sea Salt / Cyan Deep Salt

Just read those, actually quite amazing for people who want to work on farming Mythic/Relic items, just kinda sad no KI to enhance HMP's/cinders/etc from VW lol
By Wordspoken 2015-05-14 01:39:46  
The rhapsodies KI rewards...lolwut?
By Draylo 2015-05-14 01:44:51  
wow
 Sylph.Namonaki
サーバ: Sylph
user: Namonaki
By Sylph.Namonaki 2015-05-14 01:46:18  
what the ***.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-05-14 01:49:15  
solo a mythic in a week. jesus *** this is unexpected
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2015-05-14 01:50:34  
what of the new job point/ job gift categories?
[+]
By Draylo 2015-05-14 01:54:31  
Seeing a lot of new spells, GEO Aspir 3 o.O

Wow SMN got a BP dmg job point, increase dmg by 3 per point.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8