Alternative News MainStream Rarely Covers

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Alternative News MainStream Rarely Covers
Alternative News MainStream Rarely Covers
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-30 14:13:18  
867-5309

Jenny's phone number, for a good time.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-30 14:14:41  
Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
before the voices in your head tells you to blow up a federal reserve

Inversely, Lordgrim, if you do have this, definitely call someone and tell them.
210-225-6741

This is the number you should call if you feel like blowing something up.

How is John B. Wear gonna help?
What?
 Shiva.Onorgul
サーバ: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-04-30 14:22:46  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Otherwise we'd be checking in delusional idealogues from all the various political and religious extremes.
I'm trying to think of why this would be a problem. We might even get a boost in the economy from all the mental institutions we'd have to build and staff. Win-win!
We used to have quite a lot more mental asylums. The patient abuse is kind of galling. I may find someone like Lordgrim or Rush Limbaugh distasteful, but that doesn't mean I wish them harm.

Ok, maybe I wish a little harm on Rush. But not some random internet poster.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
サーバ: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-30 14:29:19  
Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Ok, maybe I wish a little harm on Rush. But not some random internet poster.

Relax, he'll do it to himself with all those rx drugs of which he's such a fan.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-30 14:30:00  
We used to have quite a lot more mental asylums. The patient abuse is kind of galling.

I'd like to think that we do better now and could use a lot more facilities for people who need them and aren't getting help. Not to cross-thread, but if we could maybe convert some of these prisons into rehab, vocational, and psychological care centers with trained workers...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-30 14:35:43  
but if we could maybe convert some of these prisons into rehab, vocational, and psychological care centers with trained workers...
Problem is, where are you going to find the trained workers?

We already have a medical profession retention problem, due to a certain bill and regulations you probably don't want to hear about. Now you are asking for trained professionals where (almost) nobody wants to enter in the field?

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Milamber
サーバ: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-04-30 14:42:08  
but if we could maybe convert some of these prisons into rehab, vocational, and psychological care centers with trained workers...

We already have a medical profession retention problem, due to a certain bill and regulations you probably don't want to hear about. Now you are asking for trained professionals where (almost) nobody wants to enter in the field?
Outsource baby outsource!
Get those telepresence robots in there, guided by the cheapest people you can find on Mechanical Turk!
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-04-30 14:43:41  
Fenrir.Candlejack said: »

Just like how no one with dignity wants to be a cop, even the ones that choose to wear a badge just for the paycheck like the Baltimore Six. Or how no one with dignity wants to be a janitor, so the company hires an illegal to fill the job because the illegal WILL do it regardless just for a source of income...
But wait, if no-one wants the job, aren't wages supposed to increase to the point that people are willing to perform it?
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-30 14:46:07  
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
But wait, if no-one wants the job, aren't wages supposed to increase to the point that people are willing to perform it?

The problem is no one fitting wants the job, so they give it to whoever will take that level of pay. So you get sub-par service, but the price is right!

Which is, apparently, the American way these days.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-30 14:47:33  

Just like how no one with dignity wants to be a cop, even the ones that choose to wear a badge just for the paycheck like the Baltimore Six. Or how no one with dignity wants to be a janitor, so the company hires an illegal to fill the job because the illegal WILL do it regardless just for a source of income...
So much hate in this post of yours. But seriously, can you prove that companies are hiring illegals to do janitorial work where immigration has no clue? Love for you to do so.

Which shows that there are people out there willing to do janitorial work....
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-30 14:49:16  

The problem is no one fitting wants the job, so they give it to whoever will take that level of pay. So you get sub-par service, but the price is right!

I didn't know scrubbing toilets and changing paper towels is a trade skill...

How would you like to scrub toilets for a living? Most so-called "Americans", who consider themselves "better than the job-stealing illegals" wouldn't even do it, or consider doing it, feeling it's a position beneath them.
And yet, they do it anyway.
By Bloodrose 2015-04-30 14:54:18  

How would you like to scrub toilets for a living? Most so-called "Americans", who consider themselves "better than the job-stealing illegals" wouldn't even do it, or consider doing it, feeling it's a position beneath them.
And yet, they do it anyway.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-30 14:54:55  

He also mentioned police officers, and we were discussing medical professionals as well. Not just MD/PhD/DOs, but also nurses, nursing support staff, the whole works.

Not so much about janitors, they're another story entirely.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-04-30 14:56:15  
We already have a medical profession retention problem
Can you cite that for me? I have a LOT of family and friends who work in a wide variety of medical fields and what I mostly hear is that no one wants to hire a nurse or physical therapist with 30 years of experience because then they'd have to, y'know, pay them commensurate to their experience.

As for the question of trying to make more institutions... it's not even a payscale issue, although that does have an impact. Cops, physicians/nurses, teachers, and a few other professions (TSA employees, for instance) are put into positions of extreme power over the lives of other people and corruption is very hard to avoid/resist. Those problems quickly become entrenched, especially since they can provide the appearance of short-term benefit, and the whole thing rots from the inside out.

I don't actually have a solution, either. How can you neuter a social worker's influence such that they can keep a dangerous person locked up but not have the ability to exploit that? The relationship many psychologists have with their long-term patients is frequently exploitative and they're supposed to be trained explicitly against that. It might be time to get cracking on viable AI. It's just too hard to trust humans with all our glands and hormones and emotions.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-04-30 15:01:30  
I used to do janitorial work in a psych hospital. The actual skills of the job weren't particularly demanding, but the requirements were big. I needed to be meticulous about cleaning everything because it was a hospital, which is another word for "incubator" or "petri dish." I needed to be able to remain nonplussed around people with varying levels of psychological illness, to say nothing of physical illness and disability. Since I was popular with the patients, I had to employ a host of skills and knowledge that would never have been mentioned in the job posting, mostly to keep them at arm's-length.

Just because a job is simple on paper doesn't mean it's easy in practice. And, honestly, unless you're cleaning the toilets in a college dorm, scrubbing one clean is not really that onerous a task. I remember once going into my dorm's bathroom and seeing it literally covered in ***and blood. I didn't go back in that bathroom for several days, instead using another one or just pissing in my sink. I don't envy the hazmat team that had to clean that up.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-04-30 15:29:16  

Inversely, Lordgrim, if you do have this, definitely call someone and tell them.
210-225-6741

What?

Sorry, tad late in my response. My job occasionally requires me to do actual work... I'll have to complain to someone about that.

Anyway:

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-30 16:59:21  

210-225-6741

What?

Sorry, tad late in my response. My job occasionally requires me to do actual work... I'll have to complain to someone about that.

Anyway:

Hmmm...

Well, at least 2 of the search results came in correctly, I don't know who the *** John B. Wear is though lol.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-30 17:02:02  
Can you cite that for me?
Sure
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-30 17:02:16  
Johny B. is your worst nightmare.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-04-30 17:27:53  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Otherwise we'd be checking in delusional idealogues from all the various political and religious extremes.
I'm trying to think of why this would be a problem. We might even get a boost in the economy from all the mental institutions we'd have to build and staff. Win-win!
But St. Ronald the President freed the loonies!
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-04-30 17:31:24  

What do you think we have here in the USA, free market capitalism or something?
 Siren.Lordgrim
サーバ: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-04-30 21:52:43  
No we have Corporations and a Central Bank out of line thinking they can overstep the american peoples authority over them through congress thats the whole point of a constitutional republic to be for and by the people not for and by corporations and central banks. Thats not the case anymore when Congress itself allows free trade deals to get passed through to further destroy Americas economy or mindlessly printing currency with no value saying it has value through DEBT. We live under the illusion that Countries like Russia, Iran are a threat when we can't realize the root of the problem is in our own country. Banks and Corporations should not be rulers but servants to the citizens of a nation. Here is something NBC or ABC or FoX or CNN will not cover.

ALL WARS ARE BANKERS WARS

Now presenting one of the greatest essays ever assembled about the true purpose of War over the last 250 years. Written by Michael Rivero, this film will truly change your views on how our banking system uses War to affect our daily lives.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-04-30 21:59:57  
Can you cite that for me?
Sure
Interesting. So the crux is a.) more old people means we need more healthcare professionals and b.) getting people to actually enter the profession would involve making the job not suck.

Answers to making the job not suck? Pay people better, don't expect them to work 60+ hour workweeks, encourage a work environment that is no more stressful than the nature of the job makes it. Oh, and hiring more people to achieve most of those effects.

That sounds like virtually every industry in the country right now, to be honest. The reason there aren't more plumbers isn't because there's a lack of plumbing jobs nor that occasionally dealing with a septic tank is a serious deal-breaker, it's that the payscale is still remarkably shitty at the bottom of the food chain and no one is willing to pay commensurate with experience or reverse many of the layoffs that were made in 2008-2009. It's almost like channeling most of the money in the country into the pockets of less than 1% of the population has a negative effect on every aspect of the economy. So weird. Money works best when it's not being spent, right?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-30 23:01:46  
Siren.Lordgrim said: »
Now presenting one of the greatest essays ever assembled about the true purpose of War over the last 250 years. Written by Michael Rivero, this film will truly change your views on how our banking system uses War to affect our daily lives.

It's too bad that your reputation is such that the only people who will actually watch that video are the ones who already agree with you.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-04-30 23:11:25  
Siren.Lordgrim said: »

YouTube Video Placeholder

UFO TV?
UFOTV ufotv.com/ said:
World's largest selection of exotic science and suppressed history DVDs and Videos.‎

Uh huh
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-30 23:39:37  
Wow, I'm not sure how I missed that. The video that's going to change our views... is from UFO TV? I just, I don't even... you know?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-01 07:40:17  
Answers to making the job not suck? Pay people better, don't expect them to work 60+ hour workweeks, encourage a work environment that is no more stressful than the nature of the job makes it. Oh, and hiring more people to achieve most of those effects.
You obviously do not know how much a healthcare professional is paid, do you?

Only people who really work more than 40 hours a week are the licensed professionals, and they are paid very well for their services. But I'm sure you will say that they all get paid less than minimum wage and not provide evidence to support it, other than a friend of a friend of a homie of an ex-boyfriend said so.

Also, another main reason why people aren't getting hired in the medical profession is, guess what, there are not that many people actually learning the skills to do it! How are you going to hire people when nobody is qualified to do it?

That sounds like virtually every industry in the country right now, to be honest.
You are right, not enough skilled people to fill the professional jobs out there, but I'm sure it's the Republicans/Bush's fault for the deadbeats not, you know, getting an education. You have to work for a degree, it isn't handed to you on a silver platter like public education is....