Alternative News MainStream Rarely Covers

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Alternative News MainStream Rarely Covers
Alternative News MainStream Rarely Covers
By fonewear 2015-04-30 08:18:06  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Shiva.Onorgul said: »
I'd really like to actually see discussions happen, if that wasn't clear, by the way.

Yes, even discussions about some of the drivel that Lordgrim posts. Is it any worse than the right-wing trollbait that ChaosX digs up? We've lately reached a point where fonewear is adding to discussions and that leaves me slightly frightened.

I don't feel like digging into Lordgrim's latest "Here's a video from an unreliable source" news, but if the police are literally murdering people... we should be bothered by that, right?

I'd like to see some real discussions too. For starters, we'd have to see each other as actual human beings instead of projections of stereotypes. After that, we'd have to learn how to discourse civilly without name-calling and/or over-emotional responses. After that we'd have to make a significant attempt to see things from the other side's perspective instead of immediately judging the view as stupid and scoffing at it. So, yeah. I guess it's possible... in theory.

As far as the police murdering people goes, I have a hard time really coming to grips with what is actually happening. Humans like things in neat little packages that they can blame it on. "Racism" is one that comes to mind. There are a large number of factors that come into play, many of which are a part of what we'd call the "root cause". You won't get a full analysis of those by the media, because they insist on keeping it simple and stupid so that people can relate, which ultimately results in low-information judgment. I don't know enough to actually make a judgment on it, nor does a vast majority of our population, but they do anyway because it fits their agenda. Yay politics.

So basically none of that is going to happen ! It was mentioned earlier by no one really discusses anything. 99.9% of everything that is posted is an opinion, and emotional response, a link to some website no one is going to read etc. To have a discussion you have to ask questions. Open ended questions.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
サーバ: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-30 08:28:32  
fonewear said: »
that is posted is an opinion, and emotional response,

I've got news for you.

Everyone who complains about emotional responses is -- in fact -- providing an emotional response.

(Nearly) all people have emotions. And the very few that don't because of psychological disorders are likely not posting here.

Emotions are an immutable part of who we are and everyone who says that their post is logical and thought-out and clearly not an emotional response is merely providing an emotional response in their own way.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-30 08:31:19  
Lies I don't have feels. I won't listen to your witch craft about feelings ! If I do have feelings I suppress them like a man should !
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-04-30 08:39:19  
This story was covered by the media when it occurred last year.

In fact, they covered the charges the officers faced.

It was actully a pretty big deal and a lot of articles were written on it as people took to the streets to protest.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-04-30 08:43:35  
Bahamut.Kara said: »

It was actully a pretty big deal and a lot of articles were written on it as people took to the streets to protest.

Don't be too hard on ol' Lordgrim. He prefers to live in the past.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-30 08:46:37  

infowars.com finally broke the story though. So, to flower head, it never was covered until his conspiracy theory website covers it.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-30 08:46:57  
Fenrir.Atheryn said: »

Don't be too hard on ol' Lordgrim. He prefers to live in the past.

I like to live in the past. It's still 1962 right ?
[+]
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-04-30 08:47:34  
The only good reason to live in the past is to party like it's 1999.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
サーバ: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-04-30 09:00:30  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

infowars.com finally broke the story though. So, to flower head, it never was covered until his conspiracy theory website covers it.

Your wrong again i knew it was old news they had it dated if you could bother to read. But I never seen it before and wanted to share because as the thread title says mainstream never shows much air time unless it's to cause racial tension to divide this country so we can't unite and make this country better.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-30 09:03:05  
Siren.Lordgrim said: »

Your wrong again i knew it was old news they had it dated if you could bother to read. But I never seen it before and wanted to share because as the thread title says mainstream never shows much air time unless it's to cause racial tension to divide this country so we can't unite and make this country better.
You never seen it before because you don't pay attention to the media, only conspiracy theory websites.
By Yatenkou 2015-04-30 09:08:36  

[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-04-30 09:14:15  
Not a conspiracy when it's a fact. Your saying that homeless man did not die saying it's a Conspiracy and that infowars.com does not indeed post facts mainstream does not hardly ever give anytime. It's ok I know your a trendy and I am fine if you think everything is ok. I'm just giving you fair warning.
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-04-30 09:17:43  
everyone's completely full of ***.

I wouldn't believe anything you can't see, or logically navigate.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-30 09:17:51  
For future reference I swear we're fine without you warning us about anything.
Thanks, but don't. Really.
[+]
By Yatenkou 2015-04-30 09:18:55  
Not a conspiracy when it's a fact. Your saying that homeless man did not die saying it's a Conspiracy and that infowars.com does not indeed post facts mainstream does not hardly ever give anytime. It's ok I know your a trendy and I am fine if you think everything is ok. I'm just giving you fair warning.

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-04-30 09:19:04  
I hate to tell you this Lolgrim but that opening post was all over the mainstream media MONTHS AGO.

You are not only misinformed and full of **** you are seriously behind the times.

You should at least scan the mainstream's headlines occasionally.
By fonewear 2015-04-30 09:19:24  
It's not a conspiracy theory...it's the best non conspiracy conspiracy theory ever !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-30 09:32:51  
You are saying that mainstream media never covered it, Kara proved you wrong, you are still going by the notion that only lolinfowars covers "facts"

Seriously, open your eyes or get checked into a mental institution. Either change your problem or seek help to get your problem changed. Either way, do it, before the voices in your head tells you to blow up a federal reserve, you domestic terrorist.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-30 09:36:57  
or get checked into a mental institution

Unless he's an immediate physical risk to himself or others, there's really not room. Otherwise we'd be checking in delusional idealogues from all the various political and religious extremes.

before the voices in your head tells you to blow up a federal reserve

Inversely, Lordgrim, if you do have this, definitely call someone and tell them.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-30 09:43:40  
Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
Otherwise we'd be checking in delusional idealogues from all the various political and religious extremes.
I'm trying to think of why this would be a problem. We might even get a boost in the economy from all the mental institutions we'd have to build and staff. Win-win!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-30 09:55:02  

Inversely, Lordgrim, if you do have this, definitely call someone and tell them.
210-225-6741

This is the number you should call if you feel like blowing something up.
By Bloodrose 2015-04-30 10:16:39  
Otherwise we'd be checking in delusional idealogues from all the various political and religious extremes.
I'm trying to think of why this would be a problem. We might even get a boost in the economy from all the mental institutions we'd have to build and staff. Win-win!
You'd suffer economically - not enough trained people would be hired, and the people being locked up are the ones spending money.

I know you're an optimist, or being optimistic in this situation, but stupid people drive the economy... particularly the extremely stupid.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-30 10:33:04  
Bloodrose said: »
You'd suffer economically - not enough trained people would be hired, and the people being locked up are the ones spending money.

I know you're an optimist, or being optimistic in this situation, but stupid people drive the economy... particularly the extremely stupid.

In this particular situation I was being completely facetious. I know that would never fly.
By Bloodrose 2015-04-30 10:35:43  
That's the joke.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-04-30 13:50:32  

210-225-6741

This is the number you should call if you feel like blowing something up.

How is John B. Wear gonna help?
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-30 13:53:50  
Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
In all seriousness, it's NOT THE NSA'S PHONE NUMBER.

Come on.

Every number is the NSA's number!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-30 14:05:39  
1-(202) 358-0001

NASA's phone number!
 Seraph.Ramyrez