The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 ... 150 151 152
 Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane 2016-07-05 08:06:38  
Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Do those new magic skill rings help you out with hitting a higher teir?

It would be a gain of 3 skill over Globidonta. So in reality, no.
[+]
By Nocki 2016-07-05 08:38:21  
Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane said: »
22 seconds when over 600 skill and full delay timers. I was watching the job ability menu for it and not relying on Timers. So unless someone can hit somewhere in the 630s and maintain full delay I would be willing to say the cap is 22 seconds on a recast. 2100 JP etc etc etc.

Gearset:
Code
main="Espiritus",
    sub="Vox Grip",
    ammo="Seraphicaller",
    head="Beckoner's Horn +1",
    body="Shomonjijoe +1",
    hands={ name="Glyphic Bracers", augments={'Inc. Sp. "Blood Pact" magic burst dmg.',}},
    legs="Beck. Spats +1",
    feet={ name="Apogee Pumps", augments={'MP+60','Summoning magic skill +15','Blood Pact Dmg.+7',}},
    neck="Incanter's Torque",
    waist="Kobo Obi",
    left_ear="Evans Earring",
    right_ear="Andoaa Earring",
    left_ring="Evoker's Ring",
    right_ring="Globidonta Ring",
    back={ name="Conveyance Cape", augments={'Summoning magic skill +3','Pet: Enmity+9','Blood Pact Dmg.+4','Blood Pact ab. del. II -2',}},
}

Apogee Body +1 with SMN magic path I imagine with this set would put you at 20 seconds. (can even try NQ) Or getting delay II -3 on your cape.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane
By Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane 2016-07-05 09:03:03  
Nocki said: »

Apogee Body +1 with SMN magic path I imagine with this set would put you at 20 seconds. (can even try NQ) Or getting delay II -3 on your cape.

Seraphicaller, 100 JP gift, and 1200 JP gift is BP II -15. Its capped w/ just that. Shomonjijoe+1, evans, glyphic hands is BP I -15. That's capped. So its -30 seconds there. So again, 601 skill and 30 second delay its 22 seconds.

The difference between keeping Nirvana on over Espiritus was 586 skill vs 601. It was a 23 second recast vs 22 Seconds at 601 skill. It's purely skill based at this point. I'm very certain it is 22 second cap until we can get much more SMN skill in.
[+]
By Nocki 2016-07-05 09:37:11  
Turns out I was missing 1 BP Delay from something, I am now at 22 seconds myself.
By FaeQueenCory 2016-07-05 09:39:20  
Seraphicaller, 100 JP gift, and 1200 JP gift is BP II -15. Its capped w/ just that. Shomonjijoe+1, evans, glyphic hands is BP I -15. That's capped. So its -30 seconds there. So again, 601 skill and 30 second delay its 22 seconds.
VERY minor correction (it's really just so someone new knows).
Gifts aren't II. However I II and Gifts all cap out at -30s.
So you're still right.

Just wanted to point this out for newbies who have to rely on more II gear than just Seraphicaller to hit that nonfavor hard cap.
EDIT: which means they have less slots for +skill.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane
By Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane 2016-07-05 09:46:00  
FaeQueenCory said: »
VERY minor correction (it's really just so someone new knows).
Gifts aren't II. However I II and Gifts all cap out at -30s.
So you're still right.

Just wanted to point this out for newbies who have to rely on more II gear than just Seraphicaller to hit that nonfavor hard cap.
EDIT: which means they have less slots for +skill.

You're correct. Just easier for the masses to see it as BP II for the most part, but if you're at 14 and 7 w/ both gifts it will still cap you at 30. Whereas if it was really BP2 then you would still be 1 second off.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Garota
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2016-07-05 09:51:39  
Well, pointing out the obvious SMN items.

Varar Ring
Accuracy+7 Pet: Accuracy+7 Ranged Accuracy+7 "Store TP"+5 " Avatar: "Blood Pact" damage +3

Varar Ring +1
Accuracy+10 Pet: Accuracy+10 Ranged Accuracy+10 "Store TP"+6 " Avatar: "Blood Pact" damage +4

Stikini Ring +1
MND+8 Magic Accuracy+11 All magic skills +8 "Refresh"+1

Klouskap Sash
DEF:16 Accuracy+15 Haste+8% Pet: Accuracy+15 Ranged Accuracy+15 Haste+8%

Klouskap Sash +1
DEF:17 Accuracy+20 Haste+9% Pet: Accuracy+20 Ranged Accuracy+20 Haste+9%

Both Varars would be nice to wear for Blood Pacts of course, Stikini would be nice to pair up with Evoker's during idle/perletuation/wards, and well the sashes are an option.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-07-05 09:57:09  
It seems they are T0 and most require pretty expensive mats.
It's gonna be quite rare to see the HQ versions I'm afraid, likewise it's gonna take a while to see NQ go down in price to reasonable amounts for lazy/busy/poor people
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2016-07-05 10:10:23  
At least the Klouskap Sash is virtually the same NQ v HQ. (That 5 acc and 1% haste won't be any sort of real difference in practice.)

Unlink the rings. (8 skill and refresh v 5 skill... and a whole hard % more BPdmg.)

To quote Tychefm who said it best:
Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
These new accessoires fall into the category:

"Sh*t I put into my FFXIAH gearsets in order to call other people plebs but will never actually own"
 Asura.Avallon
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Avallon 2016-07-05 10:10:44  
Ragnarok.Garota said: »
Well, pointing out the obvious SMN items.

Varar Ring
Accuracy+7 Pet: Accuracy+7 Ranged Accuracy+7 "Store TP"+5 " Avatar: "Blood Pact" damage +3

Varar Ring +1
Accuracy+10 Pet: Accuracy+10 Ranged Accuracy+10 "Store TP"+6 " Avatar: "Blood Pact" damage +4

Stikini Ring +1
MND+8 Magic Accuracy+11 All magic skills +8 "Refresh"+1

Klouskap Sash
DEF:16 Accuracy+15 Haste+8% Pet: Accuracy+15 Ranged Accuracy+15 Haste+8%

Klouskap Sash +1
DEF:17 Accuracy+20 Haste+9% Pet: Accuracy+20 Ranged Accuracy+20 Haste+9%

Both Varars would be nice to wear for Blood Pacts of course, Stikini would be nice to pair up with Evoker's during idle/perletuation/wards, and well the sashes are an option.

These are actually decent. :o
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2016-07-05 11:08:23  
22 seconds when over 600 skill and full delay timers. I was watching the job ability menu for it and not relying on Timers. So unless someone can hit somewhere in the 630s and maintain full delay I would be willing to say the cap is 22 seconds on a recast. 2100 JP etc etc etc.

Gearset:
Code
main="Espiritus",
    sub="Vox Grip",
    ammo="Seraphicaller",
    body="Shomonjijoe +1",
    hands={ name="Glyphic Bracers", augments={'Inc. Sp. "Blood Pact" magic burst dmg.',}},
    legs="Beck. Spats +1",
    feet={ name="Apogee Pumps", augments={'MP+60','Summoning magic skill +15','Blood Pact Dmg.+7',}},
    waist="Kobo Obi",
    left_ear="Evans Earring",
    left_ring="Evoker's Ring",
    right_ring="Globidonta Ring",
    back={ name="Conveyance Cape", augments={'Summoning magic skill +3','Pet: Enmity+9','Blood Pact Dmg.+4','Blood Pact ab. del. II -2',}},
}
Just thought of something. This 600 is more than capped Favor tier. (575+)
So theoretically, anything over 575 would return the same... did you look at values between 575 and 601+? (Tough obvs true capped Favor is 575+4Lv from gift and empy horn.)
 Ragnarok.Garota
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2016-07-05 11:14:43  
Oh, also Abdhaljs Dye to add a new Augment Slot to Campestre's Cape.
Choose from a variety of generic stats or...
Pet: Accuracy+10
Pet: Attack+10
Pet: Magic Accuracy+10
Pet: Magic Damage+10.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane
By Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane 2016-07-05 11:32:10  
FaeQueenCory said: »
Snip~
Just thought of something. This 600 is more than capped Favor tier. (575+)
So theoretically, anything over 575 would return the same... did you look at values between 575 and 601+? (Tough obvs true capped Favor is 575+4Lv from gift and empy horn.)

Yes. Noted here Nirvana vs Espiritus is 586 and 601 skill. There was a 1 second delay difference between the two. 23 seconds w/ Nirvana and 22 seconds with Espiritus.
 Bismarck.Dubai
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2016-07-05 11:44:33  
Its good to see summoners are rejoicing and happy here in this new update.

Makes me happy!
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-07-05 12:26:09  
Does the horn with + favour tier reduce timers?

On skill...
I can get up to 598 skill on my bp- set with my cobbled together existing gear.
I got Apogee +1 feet recently, so turned my old apogee into a skill piece.

Current timer cap is 22 seconds. *good enough?* (looks to the crowd)

I can get to 601 if I get lucky on the JSE cape augment and get +5 and upgrade my empy body.

Avoiding TP reset so I could get another 18 skill from Espiritus + Vox if really needed, but I like my TP sometimes.... Not sure if this is good enough, but I don't feel like bringing my espiritus out for the extra second.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane
By Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane 2016-07-05 13:52:12  
That was my issue. I have to use Espiritus and keep timers down. If I want TP I'll have to pop a wing or something to get AM up, or go melee, but it would go away on the first BP performed. ; ;
By Verda 2016-07-05 13:53:47  

At 631 SMN skill using this set:
Code
    main={ name="Espiritus", augments={'Summoning magic skill +15','Pet: Mag. Acc.+30','Pet: Damage taken -4%',}},
    sub="Vox Grip",
    ammo="Seraphicaller",
    body={ name="Apogee Dalmatica", augments={'Summoning magic skill +15','Enmity-5','Pet: Damage taken -3%',}},
    hands="Lamassu Mitts +1",
    legs="Beck. Spats +1",
    feet={ name="Apogee Pumps +1", augments={'MP+80','Summoning magic skill +20','Blood Pact Dmg.+8',}},
    waist="Kobo Obi",
    left_ear="Smn. Earring",
    left_ring="Globidonta Ring",
    right_ring="Evoker's Ring",
    back={ name="Conveyance Cape", augments={'Summoning magic skill +5','Blood Pact Dmg.+2',}},

I have 42 seconds without favor on and with favor on I have 34 seconds, so this echoes what everyone else says about an 8 second max reduction.

Favor appears to increase every tock, so every 10 seconds. Titan's favor increases 5 defense every tock.

Earthen Armor gives an immediate 25 defense to Titan's favor and costs 156 MP. This would indicate that a bloodpact gives 1 tock of favor for every 30 MP.

For job points testing, the starting base value according to the wiki is around 25. With SMN skill gear on and Beckoner's Horn or not the starting value is 47 defense. This would indicate you get 4 tocks out of job points instead of 6 (60 seconds / 10 = 6) or that it isn't tocks, but spamming the equip window confirmed it happens about every 10 seconds, so perhaps the wiki is wrong on the zero tier favor instead. For the max however, removing Beckoner's Horn +1 knocks a full 15 defense off of Titans Favor which is 3 tocks worth of favor. With the horn on or not, the next tock is also still 5 defense. So Beckoner's Horn +1 appears to only increase max favor and not starting.

Tocks are a global timer, so sometimes you can get lucky and get an upgrade immediately after summoning if you hit the window just right, the interval is always 10 seconds after the first upgrade to favor however.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-07-05 13:56:49  
@Verda Thanks for the test @ 631 skill confirming the max reduction is still 8 seconds. I'm already hitting that at 598, with a 22 second timer.

Though due to the tick/tock mechanics, if I BP right away after favor, I sometimes get 25 second timer first.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane
By Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane 2016-07-05 13:59:00  
Verda, That is what I was wondering I can only hit 628 and still only had an 8 second reduction so wasn't sure if there would be something past 630 or not. It seems 600 is the cut off and we can only get -8 seconds. Still that is 27% increase in our damage potential with 8 seconds off. <3 the update.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-07-05 14:01:08  
Verda, That is what I was wondering I can only hit 628 and still only had an 8 second reduction so wasn't sure if there would be something past 630 or not. It seems 600 is the cut off and we can only get -8 seconds. Still that is 27% increase in our damage potential with 8 seconds off. <3 the update.

Can you try with 595-599? I appear to be getting -8 at 598
By Verda 2016-07-05 14:22:13  
Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
Does the horn with + favour tier reduce timers?

Nope :/ Just tested with max favor tiers first with beckoner's +1 and then with another item in that slot instead, same recast on both.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-07-05 14:35:44  
Test notes:

I added Vox Grip into my build for 601 skill just to see.

22 seconds min timer

Removed Vox grip @ 598 skill

22 seconds min timer

Given Ghostbane's notes here
Quote:
Yes. Noted here Nirvana vs Espiritus is 586 and 601 skill. There was a 1 second delay difference between the two. 23 seconds w/ Nirvana and 22 seconds with Espiritus.

8 second BP timer reduction cap is likely somewhere between 587 skill and 598

Edit: i'm using a timer plugin so it may not reflect true timer being tracked in game. So it's possible my 22 is actually 23? Not sure yet
 Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane
By Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane 2016-07-05 14:50:40  
I looked at the JA window. Timers told me 22, but it was 23. Timers say 21 w/ 601 skill, but JA says 22. Timers is off by that fraction of a second.
By Verda 2016-07-05 14:51:04  
Made an interesting discovery, while at the max end Beckoner's Horn +1 isn't reducing timers, you can use it and use lower summoning magic skill too keep the timer capped. Just did 8 second recast at 554 summoning magic skill and using beckoner's horn +1. If I switch to another head piece and use the same summoning magic skill, it's a 5 second recast.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane
By Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane 2016-07-05 15:11:40  
Hmmm. Interesting. Doesn't explain the 1 second difference I had then at 586 with Nirvana and 601 w/ Espiritus out of 30 casts each. That head piece was in each time. Gonna go run a few dozen more then to test really quick.

Edit: Well son of a.... I dunno what happened earlier but it works like that. Espiritus and Vox grip out of the equation still have a 22 second timer. Or in other-words -8 seconds. *fixes lua again* Muh TP!!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane
By Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane 2016-07-05 15:24:30  
Well fellas and ladies from SE:

"Glad you are enjoying this adjustment!

We implemented this to boost the usability of blood pacts, and to give you some specifics, it will reduce your blood pact recast timer by a maximum of 10 seconds depending on the level of Avatar’s Favor."

Link here
[+]
By Verda 2016-07-05 15:30:27  
I have to edit what I said again, Favor works like this for me, once you get the 8 second recast, you can build down, I got all the way to 504 summoning magic skill, only had espiritus and beckoner's horn on pretty much and was still getting it. But if I switch out my staff to nirvana, or take off beckoner's horn +1, it seems to make the game realize I'm in a lower tier and then I get long recasts again. So doing it building up instead of building down I find that 575 summoning skill is the exact cutoff, if you use beckoner's +1 horn, and that it's a much higher smn skill cutoff without beckoner's horn +1.
[+]
By Verda 2016-07-05 15:31:14  
That's crazy then, wonder how to get an extra 2 seconds.

Edit: I was noticing this earlier but maybe now it makes sense, sometimes when I do a pact and immediately bring back up the job ability window, it will start out, count down a second normally, then quickly count down 1 or 2 more seconds almost instantly... anyone else get this? lol
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-07-05 16:09:34  
Verda said: »
That's crazy then, wonder how to get an extra 2 seconds.

Edit: I was noticing this earlier but maybe now it makes sense, sometimes when I do a pact and immediately bring back up the job ability window, it will start out, count down a second normally, then quickly count down 1 or 2 more seconds almost instantly... anyone else get this? lol

I've noticed this, but thought it was nothing...
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-07-05 16:10:14  
I looked at the JA window. Timers told me 22, but it was 23. Timers say 21 w/ 601 skill, but JA says 22. Timers is off by that fraction of a second.

Ok that makes sense.

Verda said: »
Made an interesting discovery, while at the max end Beckoner's Horn +1 isn't reducing timers, you can use it and use lower summoning magic skill too keep the timer capped. Just did 8 second recast at 554 summoning magic skill and using beckoner's horn +1. If I switch to another head piece and use the same summoning magic skill, it's a 5 second recast.

The challenging part here is Convoker's +1 gives +15 skill & most importantly -8 BP delay. To get to the -15 BP timer tier 1, I only need 2 other pieces , any -6 piece (my choice is Glyphic hands +1 since it also gives skill) and a -1 (i'm using empy earring); this allows me to use beckoner's pants for its massive +20 skill.

If I swap in Beckoner's , I need 3 -BP pieces to get to the -15, and I lose a lot of skill with it.
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 ... 150 151 152