The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 141 142 143 ... 149 150 151
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-30 18:39:45  
Creecreelo said: »
Somewhat related, I've been wondering if Draumstafir's augment also work on BP Wards, potentially doubling their duration similar to Emp's set bonus?

I was under the impression it only worked on BP rages but haven't really seen a ton of info on it.

It doubles the stat modifier... so I suppose it could work on like cures. Maybe.

Not duration (unless something has duration modified by a base stat)
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-08-30 23:22:39  
I believe it works on wards that enfeeble, but idk I don't have that staff. Think Frod posted something about it somewhere.
By Shichishito 2021-08-31 08:06:10  
do elementals have anything still going for them?

i mean pre trusts you could summon your light spirit, wait half a hour and hope to receive shell and protect.

seems like all they do is adding extra steps to elemental siphon. just let us leech from the avatars...
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-08-31 08:20:15  
Shichishito said: »
do elementals have anything still going for them?

i mean pre trusts you could summon your light spirit, wait half a hour and hope to receive shell and protect.

seems like all they do is adding extra steps to elemental siphon. just let us leech from the avatars...
Pretty much, Light elementals shell/pro is nice(if the do it), but it feels like they just get stuck in regen1 spiral after a bit, some AI there would've been nice.
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2021-08-31 09:20:25  
They do have AI, you can stop light spirit from casting regen and haste by casting it on yourself or someone else first then it will only cast pro/shell, they only cast cure when it is targetting someone with orange or red hp. Light spirit actually has eyes, when you get it to follow you its looking at your back. It won't target anyone behind it because it can't see them, it targets by sight so if someone is invisible it wont cast on them. It comes in handy if you cast invisible on yourself then run up behind someone else who needs cured or buffed so it doesnt target you. It still isn't very useful but I just thought I'd mention how it works for those who didn't know.
[+]
By botches 2021-09-01 20:42:20  
When i equip nirvana, i should have perpetual cost -8, and i have only -5.
Can someone explain me this ?
Other gears are working.
By Jetackuu 2021-09-01 20:59:42  
botches said: »
Other gears are working.
favor?
By botches 2021-09-01 21:01:19  
favor is off
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-09-02 01:23:24  
Gearset used?
By georgebush 2021-09-02 07:48:53  
Avatar perp cost on gear will not give you refresh, so with all your other gear your avatars take 5mp a tick Nirvana will only make it so they are free, not so your also getting 4mp a tick refresh.
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-09-02 09:05:36  
botches said: »
Other gears are working.

Avatar Perpetuation cost can take you down to the Avatar being -1 mp a tick it won't take it to 0. Auto refresh will then take you to +2mp per tick with the auto refresh III trait and then add on any gear that gives you refresh+
[+]
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2021-09-27 08:53:12  
Looking for a SMN mentor who can answer my really dumb questions via PM. Hit me up if interested in my stupidity.
 Bismarck.Punchmage
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Homsar
By Bismarck.Punchmage 2021-10-13 00:04:05  
Without getting too much into mechanics, is Nirvana still the best weapon for a SMN?
 Siren.Kruel
サーバ: Siren
user: Kruel666
By Siren.Kruel 2021-10-13 00:13:47  
For everything except Magical blood pacts and most blood pact wards, it is.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2021-10-16 08:11:30  
How viable is SMN melee if you have a dedicated RDM for refresh?

It seems like Bunzi/Nyame at least opens the door for higher level content, but I'm a total novice on SMN and all the people I ever played with did not play that way.
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2021-10-16 08:35:52  
SMN has had access to pretty decent TP sets for a few years, you're right that nyame and bunzi have improved them.

This is my set:

https://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/382205

It has -38% DT, 1145 natural accuracy, 25% double attack and 6% triple attack all whilst still keeping my avatar cost free.

You won't find many people putting their melee SMN to use in end game group content, but as a solo SMN a good melee set is the difference between top summoner's vs the rest.

Don't need a dedicated rdm for refresh for this set too, just use Myrkr whenever you need some mp back.

Garland of bliss can really get to respectable damage too if you're willing to put the effort into set building for it, unresisted mine hit 20k, both Hysteric Assault and Volt Strike can close it with a light skillchain.

edit. Also, i switch to my elan strap +1 permenantly when meleeing, then that allows me to keep aftermath up if i'm only using physical blood pacts, so add an extra +40% double attack and +20% triple attack into the equation with this set, and it's very easy to keep lvl 3 aftermath up on this.
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2021-10-16 09:07:38  
Thank you for the info. I was looking at SMN as a partner job for lowman/duo with my RDM to get things done and I'd say that answers a lot of my questions.

Do you ever use /DRK or /SAM for job haste?
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2021-10-16 09:37:03  
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Thank you for the info. I was looking at SMN as a partner job for lowman/duo with my RDM to get things done and I'd say that answers a lot of my questions.

Do you ever use /DRK or /SAM for job haste?
Yes if you are meleeing /sam is probably your best bet as you will likely be using a staff when meleeing.For any job thats using a 2 handed weapon hasso is essential, you can do multi step skillchains with out using pets. Drk sub job isnt that great its better for 1 handed waepons such as clubs and daggers, but it still not that great you get better utilty just subbing mage or a DW sub, (mainly /dnc) /nin offers nothing but shadows. Not many people do it but its also possible to get 1k tp with an accumen set with the aeonic staff to get instant TP to open a weapon skill when you cast impact. Should be noted tho that Garland of Bliss can hit 20k+ on trash mobs but on anything somewhat challenging it does get resisted unless buffed toward magic (so more like 500 damage)tho its really just a trigger for skillchains and AM3 1st and formost anyways.
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2021-10-16 09:47:16  
If you're duoing with a rdm /sam will b best yeah.

If i'm meleeing on smn i'll most of the time be /rdm.

I have a 5mp/per tick refresh that lasts over 5 mins, so allows me to not have to Myrkr as often.

I can self skillchain easy enough as /rdm thanks to aftermath, but as Jdove above said, /sam will only help that in your case having a rdm already.

It's only situational multi-stepping on smn though, usually if you want to magic burst a blood pact, otherwise you'll likely be losing damage incorporating weak weaponskills into the rotation.
By SimonSes 2021-10-16 09:49:31  
Asura.Jdove said: »
Drk sub job isnt that great its better for 1 handed waepons

???

While Hasso is probably better, because it's up non stop, Last Resort has better job haste (15% over 10%) and also only applies to 2h weapons like Hasso, so I have no idea why /DRK would be better for 1h weapons.

EDIT: I guess if you take your info from BGwiki, the fact that base 15% JA haste on Last Resort only applies to 2h weapons might not be clear.
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2021-10-16 09:51:28  
SimonSes said: »
Drk sub job isnt that great its better for 1 handed waepons

???

While Hasso is probably better, because it's up non stop, Last Resort has better job haste (15% over 10%) and also only applies to 2h weapons like Hasso, so I have no idea why /DRK would be better for 1h weapons.
Ah i was thinking last resort was for 1 handed anyways maybe thats why it sucks lol. Plus last resort has too long of a cool down compared to hasso. Drk sub is good for those fights like lilith tho if you are doing the tp drain mew method.
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2021-10-16 09:55:24  
Siren.Kruel said: »
It's only situational multi-stepping on smn though, usually if you want to magic burst a blood pact, otherwise you'll likely be losing damage incorporating weak weaponskills into the rotation.
Depends on how you do it you can do shattersoul> Flaming crush>frag> GoB light thats extra dmg, shattersoul>gob>frag>flaming crush>light thats extra dmg. And yea for mbing, over all you will double triple your output multistepping. Somethings tho a single step light with a pet works the best just depends. You also have time to pull off triple step staff light skillchains between the downtime of your BP's.
By SimonSes 2021-10-16 09:56:00  
Ah i was thinking last resort was for 1 handed anyways maybe thats why it sucks lol. Plus last resort has too long of a cool down compared to hasso. Drk sub is good for those fights like lilith tho if you are doing the tp drain mew method.

I Edited my post, because I was suspecting you think LR works for 1h, but it doesn't. If LR would work for 1h weapons, you would see all WARs subbing /DRK and do zergs with Savage Blade.
By Zubis 2021-11-12 07:12:05  
What's the top tier Skill/Favor cap after the subjob changes?
Skill of 700 seems much easier now.

EDIT: Yeah it's not too bad to hit now, though not much benefit to it.

[+]
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-11-12 07:26:42  
If it's +1 skill for every Master Level you could probably hit 700+ atm yes, but next Favor Tier is probably around ~790 Apperantly 735 is the next tier, which is probably possible once ML 99.
Code
Tier: 	                   1 	  2 	    3 	     4 	          5 	    6 	    7 	         8 - 9 - 10 - 11
Summoning Skill: 	0~316 	317~381   382~446   447~511 	512~574   575~669   670+ 	    Requires "Favor +" 
[+]
By Zubis 2021-11-12 07:32:20  
Asura.Wotasu said: »
If it's +1 skill for every Master Level you could probably hit 700+ atm yes, but next Favor Tier is probably around ~790, which is probably possible once ML 99.

Oof. 790 is a long way off. Thanks.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2021-11-13 20:09:23  
There is a new Favor tier at 735 skill.
[+]
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2021-11-13 20:20:43  
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
There is a new Favor tier at 735 skill.
Yeah, and 736 skill is possible at master level 20. (although that's only by dropping the Beckoner's Horn).
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2021-11-15 07:51:14  
So we're still pretty much looking at empy +2/3 being required for that last second of favor timer.
By Genoxd 2021-11-20 12:42:55  
How does Pet: DMG+5% work on the Nyame set?
Is it melee hits, BP + Melee? Is it multiplicative with BP DMG?
First Page 2 3 ... 141 142 143 ... 149 150 151