The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 139 140 141 ... 149 150 151
 Phoenix.Evlkairi
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Evlkairi 2021-07-06 12:47:31  
How does Bunzi's Sabots compare to other feet used for bps? avatar lv+1 not good enough to replace feets like apogee+1?
 Asura.Jdove
サーバ: Asura
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-07-06 13:13:54  
Phoenix.Evlkairi said: »
How does Bunzi's Sabots compare to other feet used for bps? avatar lv+1 not good enough to replace feets like apogee+1?
With out the augments short answer is no, sadly I dont think anyone is going to make pet boots anytime soon and test it on smn in favor of WSD augments. But if they do please let us know how they compare to other options.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2021-07-06 15:09:43  
It's pretty much only useful for Wind's Blessing.

Apogee/Helios has no trouble beating it for Rage pacts, or AF+3 if you're super desperate for accuracy.

Augmented Telchine beats it for things like pet tanking.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2021-07-06 17:32:07  
Asura.Pergatory said: »
It's pretty much only useful for Wind's Blessing.
It's good for enfeebles too. (I think it has the most Macc too, even with the set bonus from the artifact set. But not by a massive amount compared to said artifact shoes. Should wind up being about the same-ish.)

Lord only knows why they put the regen potency augment on the SMN shoes and the BPdmg augment on the SIR pants.... There might have been a chance to see if the lower BPdmg was made up for in the stat modifiers for BPs... Unlikely given that it's only 5%... but still.

The fact of the matter is: if it doesn't have BPdmg on it, it's not good for damaging BPs. (and it needs to have at least 7% to be able to have its other stats make up for the lower BPdmg.)
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2021-07-10 11:39:37  
I've been toying with this and I think you're right, they probably are the best for enfeeb pacts. It's hard to know exactly how much magic accuracy +1 level gives, but it only needs to be more than 5 in order to beat the AF+3 boots.

The +1 level adds 38 physical accuracy to a Lv122 avatar (Nirvana+Campestres), if that's any indication. If it gives even half that much magic accuracy, then these are quite a bit better than AF+3.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2021-07-10 12:28:02  
The +1 level adds 38 physical accuracy to a Lv122 avatar (Nirvana+Campestres), if that's any indication. If it gives even half that much magic accuracy, then these are quite a bit better than AF+3.
The checkparam acc stat is the total so it's deriving the DEX+ from the Lv+ into that. I am unsure (but lean towards that it would) if INT or MND on the avatar contributes to their Macc.
So that 38 is sligltly less "hard acc" from the lv+... but still. Even at only 20ish that would be better than the artifact shoes with set bonus. (40+15 v 50+20ish, so likely not make or break, but substantially better. And even more better if INT and/or MND contributes.)

iLvs give our avatars both Acc, Racc, and Macc in addition to the base stats, but I would think it's safe to say that they're mirrored.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2021-07-10 15:58:49  
I have Merlinic feet augmented with +15 mind for my Winds blessing set and was curious what the MND increase is with +1 lvl on the feet is? This is assuming a lvl 122 > 123 avatar. Does that 1 lvl provide more than +15 mind?
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2021-07-10 19:47:44  
I suspect it doesn't give 15 MND, probably more like +5 or maybe +10 tops.
By FaeQueenCory 2021-07-10 20:51:48  
Yeah, iirc +1 level is something to the tune of +7 to a base stat or so.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2021-07-11 13:27:34  
Trying to see if I understand this correctly, but are you saying that Avatar lv+ and attribute+ helps wards that have enfeebling effects? I've been collecting as much attribute+ stuff as I can and up till now, I've only been using it for Winds Blessing but am curious if I should build an enfeebling ward set. I was never sure if skill affected enfeebling wards or if it was something else.
By FaeQueenCory 2021-07-11 14:25:52  
Bahamut.Jedigamer said: »
Trying to see if I understand this correctly, but are you saying that Avatar lv+ and attribute+ helps wards that have enfeebling effects? I've been collecting as much attribute+ stuff as I can and up till now, I've only been using it for Winds Blessing but am curious if I should build an enfeebling ward set. I was never sure if skill affected enfeebling wards or if it was something else.
Not potency to my knowledge. Accuracy.
I'm pretty sure off the top of my head all our enfeebles are either a static number or simply level based (and iirc cap at 99).

We know that summoning magic skill translates into Macc for BPs. And obviously any pet: Macc+ or avatar: Macc+.

We don't know if pet/avatar: INT/MND+ affects their Macc. It's possible, given everything else in the game. But up until very recently it's never really been a relevant thing to gear for. (cause Lv+ hasn't been a thing, and pet: INT/MND+ hasn't been a thing to gear for)
I'd wager that INT translates. If MND did anything for Macc for an Avatar it would likely only help Carbuncle and Cait Sith since iirc they're technically WHMs. (everyone else is BLMs)
But I have no data, and if anything, it would be very minimal compared to the hard Macc+ we can get. (ex: INT+20 would only be 10~20 Macc depending on the INT of the target... which hardly compares to the Macc+40~50 we can get.) eg. not worth sacrificing anything to get more of.

You should have an enfeebling set though. (but it would just be a pet:Macc set)
[+]
 Asura.Woulfwood
By Asura.Woulfwood 2021-07-22 09:05:36  
I'm planning to resume working on my SMN and it's been years since I played the game. Before I make macros/scripts from scratch, can somebody please make a list of BPs you use in endgames? As far as I can remember, Flaming Crush works well in most(?) endgames.
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2021-07-22 11:44:18  
Asura.Woulfwood said: »
I'm planning to resume working on my SMN and it's been years since I played the game. Before I make macros/scripts from scratch, can somebody please make a list of BPs you use in endgames? As far as I can remember, Flaming Crush works well in most(?) endgames.

Bloodpact: Rage - Thunderspark, Tail Whip (rarely this one tho), Sonic Buffet, Flaming Crush, Volt Strike, Impact

Bloodpact: Ward - Lunatic Voice, Raise II, Shining Ruby, Mewing lullaby, Reraise II, Lunar Roar, Crimson Howl, Ecliptic Growl/Howl, Hastega II, Bitter Elegy, Healing Ruby II, Earthen Armor, Wind's Blessing (Rarely), Diamond Storm, Shock Squall, Soothing Ruby, Pacifying Ruby, Crystal Blessing.

If I'm solo or randomly doing pet strats I'll sometimes use stuff like Predator Claws, or a 75 BP if Magic Bursting. Otherwise those above are all I really use

**Edit** Totally forgot Tidal Roar, that attack down has a lot of uses.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2021-07-22 12:12:14  
If you have a good Winds Blessing set, you should use it as much as possible. A magical phalanx effect is nice to have in multiple party setups especially if Rampart and OFA are down (assuming tank PT) or if you're buffing DD's. My set has about 309 Avatar MND which is roughly 60 magical damage reduction.
[+]
 Asura.Woulfwood
By Asura.Woulfwood 2021-07-22 15:44:04  
Thanks a lot, you two!
 Siren.Kruel
サーバ: Siren
user: Kruel666
By Siren.Kruel 2021-07-22 15:54:26  
Leviathan.Boposhopo said: »

Bloodpact: Rage - Thunderspark, Tail Whip (rarely this one tho), Sonic Buffet, Flaming Crush, Volt Strike, Impact

Bloodpact: Ward - Lunatic Voice, Raise II, Shining Ruby, Mewing lullaby, Reraise II, Lunar Roar, Crimson Howl, Ecliptic Growl/Howl, Hastega II, Bitter Elegy, Healing Ruby II, Earthen Armor, Wind's Blessing (Rarely), Diamond Storm, Shock Squall, Soothing Ruby, Pacifying Ruby, Crystal Blessing.

If I'm solo or randomly doing pet strats I'll sometimes use stuff like Predator Claws, or a 75 BP if Magic Bursting. Otherwise those above are all I really use

I'd add hysteric assault to the list of blood pact rage, it's our only high damage piercing blood pact and hits almost as hard as volt strike, with the massive bonus of converting the entire damage into hp for Siren.

edit. Can't forget using Clarsach Call buffs all of Siren's stat by +25% for 3 minutes too, which makes Hysteric Assault our most powerful physical blood pact for astral conduit or simply over the 3 and a half minute course of astral flow.
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2021-07-22 16:08:36  
Siren.Kruel said: »
Leviathan.Boposhopo said: »

I'd add hysteric assault to the list of blood pact rage, it's our only high damage piercing blood pact and hits almost as hard as volt strike, with the massive bonus of converting the entire damage into hp for Siren.

edit. Can't forget using Clarsach Call buffs all of Siren's stat by +25% for 3 minutes too, which makes Hysteric Assault our most powerful physical blood pact for astral conduit or simply over the 3 and a half minute course of astral flow.

Won't lie, I probably don't use Siren as often as I should, and have never used her in a Conduit burn, just Ramuh and Ifrit. I'm not a fan of Conduit burns though so I tend to avoid them when I can.

In terms of Wind's Blessing from Jedigamer I 100% agree it's a very useful magic phalanx, just gotta be careful when using it with a PLD tank as it does have a higher priority than Rampart which can cause some problems. One for All has a higher priority than Wind's Blessing though so you can't really run into problems if your tank is a RUN.
[+]
 Siren.Kruel
サーバ: Siren
user: Kruel666
By Siren.Kruel 2021-07-22 16:45:13  
Yeah, not a big fan of conduit burning also.

But even without conduit the +25% buff from Clarsach is amazing to use during astral flows duration, especially in the newer content where blood pacts have been nerfed with the 8 second downtime.

She can tank much better than any other avatar whilst outputting damage thanks to the heal from hysteric, when soloing on summoner that's a very important option.

Here's another fun bit of info, Siren's Bitter elegy and Leviathan's slowga stack, gives a real noticable slow on mobs/nms, it's a combined 80% slow effect.
[+]
 Asura.Woulfwood
By Asura.Woulfwood 2021-07-27 00:16:37  
Is there a better alternative headpiece of Helios Band for pet: magical acc?
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-07-27 01:48:15  
Convoker's Horn +3 Which also has set bonus.
or Cait Palug Crown.
Edit.
ItemSet 381134
+302Macc from head>feet+waist
And as the fellow below me said Nyame is an option even w/o Pet path: D. +50 Pet Macc on every piece.
275 from 5/5 Nyame + Incarnation Sash
[+]
 Asura.Robear
By Asura.Robear 2021-07-27 06:13:46  
Asura.Wotasu said: »
Convoker's Horn +3 Which also has set bonus.
or Cait Palug Crown.

Nyame head piece path D: Base pet magical accuracy is 50, fully augmented rank 20 path D provides an additional pet magical accuracy of 20 as well as all pet stats +5. However I do realize that most people would chose Nyame path B for weapon skill damage for all pieces lol
[+]
 Asura.Woulfwood
By Asura.Woulfwood 2021-07-27 10:10:43  
Thanks a lot, you two!
By Zubis 2021-07-30 17:09:43  
I haven't played in 3 years or so, and I'm just going to slowly upgrade some of my Convoker's from +1 to +3.

What's the best piece to do first, body? Followed by?
By Shichishito 2021-07-30 17:23:32  
i'd say convoker upgrade priority is either body or shoes and then head, the rest seems negligible.
By Zubis 2021-07-30 17:24:02  
Thanks for that, yeah the full set doesn't seem worth the effort at the moment!
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2021-08-02 10:53:58  
just got back from a long break (5 months) to game and wondering if this sets are still able to hold out well:

Precast:
Ward:
ItemSet 381293
  • (Conveyance Cape) Summoning Magic Skill+5 Blood Pact Recast Delay II-3 Blood Pact Dmg. +3 Pet: Enmity+11

• (Espiritus) Summoning Magic Skill+15 Pet: Mag. ACC+30 Damage Taken -4%

Rage:
ItemSet 381294
  • (Conveyance Cape) Summoning Magic Skill+5 Blood Pact Recast Delay II-3 Blood Pact Dmg. +3 Pet: Enmity+11

Midcast:
Ward:
ItemSet 381295

Rage (Phys):
ItemSet 381296
  • (Helios Band) Pet: Atk.+30 R.ATK+30 Dbl. Atk.+8 Blood Pact Dmg.+7

• (Merlinic Dastanas) Pet: Accuracy+30 Rng. Acc.+30 Mag. Acc.+5 Mag.Atk.Bns.+5 Blood Pact Dmg.+9

• (Apogee Slacks +1) Pet: STR+20 Dbl. Atk.+4 Blood Pact Dmg.+14

• (Helios Boots) Pet: Atk.+30 R.ATK+30 Dbl. Atk.+8 Blood Pact Dmg.+7

• (Campestres's Cape) Pet: Acc.+20 R.Acc.+20 Atk.+30 R.Atk.+30 Haste+10% Damage taken -5%

Rage (Magical):
ItemSet 381297
  • (Grioavolr) Blood Pact Dmg.+10 Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+20

• (Merlinic Dastanas) Pet: Mag. Acc.+10 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+25 Blood Pact Dmg.+10

• (Enticer's Pants) MP+50 Pet: Acc.+15 R.Acc.+15 M.Acc.+15 Damage Taken-5%

• (Apogee Pumps +1) MP+80 Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+35 Blood Pact Dmg.+8

• (Campestres's Cape) Pet: M.Acc.+20 M.Dmg.+30 "Regen"+15

Rage (Flaming Crush):
ItemSet 381299
  • (Merlinic Dastanas) Pet: Mag. Acc.+10 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+25 Blood Pact Dmg.+10

• (Apogee Pumps +1) MP+80 Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+35 Blood Pact Dmg.+8

• (Campestres's Cape) Pet: Acc.+20 R.Acc.+20 Atk.+30 R.Atk.+30 Haste+10% Damage taken -5%

Rage (Volt Strike/Predator Claws/Hysteric Assault):
ItemSet 381300
  • (Helios Band) Pet: Atk.+30 R.ATK+30 Dbl. Atk.+8 Blood Pact Dmg.+7

• (Merlinic Dastanas) Pet: Accuracy+30 Rng. Acc.+30 Mag. Acc.+5 Mag.Atk.Bns.+5 Blood Pact Dmg.+9

• (Apogee Slacks +1) Pet: STR+20 Dbl. Atk.+4 Blood Pact Dmg.+14

• (Helios Boots) Pet: Atk.+30 R.ATK+30 Dbl. Atk.+8 Blood Pact Dmg.+7

Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2021-08-02 12:36:54  
Why do you have different precast for rage & ward BPs? Your one for wards looks passable although it doesn't have the Beckoner's Horn +1 for Avatar's Favor bonus. Fix that ASAP, it's a flat 3 seconds off your recast. You'll probably also want to swap feet for Baayami Sabots to make sure you still hit 670 skill, but most important thing is that Beckoner's Horn.

Use that set for all BP precast, rage & ward. You should hit 21 seconds recast that way. (Keep in mind a fresh avatar's recast will be slightly higher until it's been out for a minute.)

The midcast sets look fine. Gelos Earring is the biggest missing thing but I assume you know about that one already. There's been no new gear for any of these sets recently, I think SE feels SMN is already in a good position.
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2021-08-02 13:03:18  
Why do you have different precast for rage & ward BPs? Your one for wards looks passable although it doesn't have the Beckoner's Horn +1 for Avatar's Favor bonus. Fix that ASAP, it's a flat 3 seconds off your recast. You'll probably also want to swap feet for Baayami Sabots to make sure you still hit 670 skill, but most important thing is that Beckoner's Horn.

Use that set for all BP precast, rage & ward. You should hit 21 seconds recast that way. (Keep in mind a fresh avatar's recast will be slightly higher until it's been out for a minute.)

The midcast sets look fine. Gelos Earring is the biggest missing thing but I assume you know about that one already. There's been no new gear for any of these sets recently, I think SE feels SMN is already in a good position.
1) Beckoner's horn+1 it doesn't reduce any more as I am already at cap (BP delay-15) (BP Delay II -15) and Avatar favor (-10) making it cap. I tested with and w/o "Beckoner's Horn +1".

2) Gelos Earring is same BP DMG+5% that Esper Earring and I did that quest for PUP Ear.... so kinda stuck with it.

even tho Esper Earring does ADD BP delay +3 which i am not happy but works out with all reduction i got going on.

was wondering more on the DMG output, you just confirmed that no
armor that would make a huge difference to my dmg has been added on the past 5 months.

Appreciate your reply Kind sir /bow
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2021-08-02 13:16:13  
Asura.Kuroganashi said: »
1) Beckoner's horn+1 it doesn't reduce any more as I am already at cap (BP delay-15) (BP Delay II -15) and Avatar favor (-10) making it cap. I tested with and w/o "Beckoner's Horn +1".
I'm afraid you're mistaken. Avatar's Favor does not contribute toward the BP recast stats at all, it's completely separate.

You should find that the BP recast stat is capped due to -10 from job point gifts, -13 to recast1 from Baayami Cuffs/Slops, and -7 to recast2 from Sancus Sachet +1. Those three items plus job points will cap your recast. That gets you to 30 seconds.

Avatar's Favor with Beckoner's Horn +1 and 670 smn skill will then reduce up to another 9 seconds, bringing you down to 21 seconds recast which is the current limit.

2) Gelos Earring is same BP DMG+5% that Esper Earring and I did that quest for PUP Ear.... so kinda stuck with it.
Esper Earring is only +3% not +5%, but yeah you can only pick one I think so if you prefer the PUP one then Esper is fine.
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2021-08-02 13:51:35  
I'm afraid you're mistaken. Avatar's Favor does not contribute toward the BP recast stats at all, it's completely separate.

You should find that the BP recast stat is capped due to -10 from job point gifts, -13 to recast1 from Baayami Cuffs/Slops, and -7 to recast2 from Sancus Sachet +1. Those three items plus job points will cap your recast. That gets you to 30 seconds.

Avatar's Favor with Beckoner's Horn +1 and 670 smn skill will then reduce up to another 9 seconds, bringing you down to 21 seconds recast which is the current limit.

Esper Earring is only +3% not +5%, but yeah you can only pick one I think so if you prefer the PUP one then Esper is fine.

:O

Thx for clarifying that man, I did not know that it only worked with it, will give a go once I am on game (after my work is done)

and its only 3%? meh wiki has bamboozled me once again :/

Thx for correcting/teaching me stuff I did not know or was unsure of.

Much appreciated and will try out what you said, thank you.
First Page 2 3 ... 139 140 141 ... 149 150 151