The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 134 135 136 ... 149 150 151
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-13 16:11:13  
Allright, makes perfect sense now. Gonna put a couple of notes in my lua now, so I'll remember 2 years from now :-P

Thanks for your patience Wotasu!
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2020-06-13 16:15:27  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Flooring hmm. So the 20% is calculated the second you use the "Avatar's Favor" ja, this explains why I have -perp gear in my Avatar's Favor precast set.

It doesn't explain why me and many other people use -14 perp instead of -15 though.

(yes, I haven't updated my SMN lua for like 2 years lol)

Because perpetuation cost can't be under 1mp/tick no matter what, so anymore than -14 is useless (or -10 for Carby/Cait, or -12 for Fenrir)

Favor gets calculated after that, so
15 base perp - 14 perp cost = 1mp/tick perpetuation cost
1 * 1.2 = 1.2, which floored is... 1.
Same with 2 * 1.2 = 2.4 -> 2

Get -10 perp to verify, 5 * 1.2 = 6

I don't know why you have -perp gear in your Favor set but I suspect it's not there on purpose.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-08 04:40:48  
Anybody gave a look to the new Shomonjijoe+1, Asteria+1 and Lamassu+1?

Lamassu+1 should be, again, the BiS piece for SMN Debuff BPs.
Asteria+1 are, I dunno, maybe they could be nice for Magic Bursting magical BPs? But meh...

Shonmonjijoe+1 is the one I'm wondering the most. Could it have a role as new BiS body for Magical BPs?
Those that have damage scaling with TP, clearly not stuff like Flaming Crush.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-07-08 16:00:20  
Shonmonjijoe+1 is the one I'm wondering the most. Could it have a role as new BiS body for Magical BPs?
300 TP isn't nearly as much as what Enticer's offers in order to be competitive. I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but it's worth testing probably.

And yeah so long Apogee Mitts +1 it was nice knowing you. Lamassu will be my first augment from this update, I think. They're also great for Wind's Blessing.

As for Asteria, the math says it's close but I don't think they'll be worth using for magic bursts if you have a nice Merlinic aug. My calc shows a 10.4% loss of damage so even with no other sources of MBD it still won't provide enough to make up the lost damage.

Edit: There's also Hike Khat +1 which has Pet:DT-5% as well as PDT-13% for the master. No perp down like Apogee Crown path D though, so if your Pet:DT build relies on that perp down like mine does then it could be troublesome to use.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2020-07-08 17:30:19  
5/5 Thunderstorm on level 130 Apex Bats
Non augmented Shomonjijoe, 300 TP (missing 10 INT): 22714
Apogee Dalmatica +1, 0 TP: 23213

2/5 Wind Blade MB
IX Puppet Roll (Pet MAB+26), relic hands (MBDmg+12%): 57448
Augmented Merlinic hands: 58821

I highly doubt augmented Shomonjijoe and Asteria Mitts can beat the already existing options for pure damage.
[+]
 Odin.Bangla
サーバ: Odin
user: Ceal
By Odin.Bangla 2020-07-09 04:54:00  
I was thinking that these pieces are for Siren’s Wind Blessing. The ones with the Attributes+
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-09 06:16:10  
All this talk about Siren's Wind's Blessing made me realize I still HAVE NOT upgraded my spell mappings for Siren's new BPs.

Basically all these past months I've been using Siren's BPs in my BP.precast gear because there is no defined gear for her BPs in my lua.
What. The. ***.

Actually no, I have them mapped but I forgot I did lol

Guess I'm gonna make a custom set for Wind's Blessing only.
Anybody mind sharing theirs?
Does skill have no impact at all on Wind's Blessing, other than Duration?

So I suppose the paradygm should be Pieces with Avatar Stats+ > Pieces with SMN skill > Pieces with Blood Boon.
Right?
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-07-09 10:03:37  
Correct, skill only affects duration for Wind's Blessing.

Guess I'm gonna make a custom set for Wind's Blessing only.
Anybody mind sharing theirs?

sets.pet_midcast.Buff_MND = set_combine(sets.pet_midcast.Buff, {
main="Nirvana",
neck="Summoner's Collar +2",
back={ name="Campestres's Cape", augments={'Pet: Acc.+20 Pet: R.Acc.+20 Pet: Atk.+20 Pet: R.Atk.+20','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','Pet: Attack+10 Pet: Rng.Atk.+10','Pet: "Regen"+10','Pet: Damage taken -5%',}},
legs="Assiduity Pants +1",
})

That's mine as it stands. The "Buff" set it inherits from is 100% smn skill.

Assiduity Pants are R15. You can also add the augmented Lamassu, and if you really want to go the whole nine yards, you can augment ChironicMerlinic body/head/feet with Pet:MND+15 but I do think there's a duration trade-off to be considered at some point.
[+]
By Wotasu 2020-07-09 10:32:23  
Asura.Pergatory said: »
you can augment Chironic body/head/feet with Pet:MND+15 but I do think there's a duration trade-off to be considered at some point.
I think you ment Merlinic, since Smn cant use Chironic.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-07-09 11:09:23  
Wotasu said: »
you can augment Chironic body/head/feet with Pet:MND+15 but I do think there's a duration trade-off to be considered at some point.
I think you ment Merlinic, since Smn cant use Chironic.
Yeah that
 Asura.Kigen
user: Kigen
By Asura.Kigen 2020-07-10 01:14:58  
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
5/5 Thunderstorm on level 130 Apex Bats
Non augmented Shomonjijoe, 300 TP (missing 10 INT): 22714
Apogee Dalmatica +1, 0 TP: 23213

2/5 Wind Blade MB
IX Puppet Roll (Pet MAB+26), relic hands (MBDmg+12%): 57448
Augmented Merlinic hands: 58821

I highly doubt augmented Shomonjijoe and Asteria Mitts can beat the already existing options for pure damage.

So is it safe to regard Shomonjijoe augmented as another BP debuff piece?
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-07-10 10:03:33  
Why would you use it for debuff BPs? It only has 30 Pet:MAcc. Even the Convoker's Doublet +2 beats it. So does Tali'ah Manteel +1.

Shomonjijoe has always just been a stepping stone piece that you get for an early refresh body and replace later, looks like this update doesn't change that.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-07-10 18:53:41  
Are Lamassu mitts +1 alot better than convoker's +3 when using the whole set for macc? Also is stacking mnd for wind's blessing even all that potent is it really gonna matter when it comes down to make or break or is it just nit picking to optimize stuff ? Maybe if you stack mind gear then use astral flow then hit wind blessing it would get a huge boost idk never bothered. Anyways im asking lol.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-07-10 19:17:53  
Asura.Jdove said: »
Are Lamassu mitts +1 alot better than convoker's +3 when using the whole set for macc?
lamassu mitts +1 have 66 hard magic accuracy, with 22 skill; giving an effective Macc +~86.
convoker's bracers +3 are Macc+43; +58 with the set bonus. Which only goes to 5 pieces, so if you use the Regal Belt with all 5 pieces, you won't get an additional Macc+15.

So Lamassu already wins for Macc just flat out.
They also have +30 INT and MND... which I'm not sure has ever been shown to translate into Macc for Avatars... Ain't nobody got time for testing that.
But let's assume it does for the sake of argument, then Lamassu will pull even more ahead than they already were. (And if they don't, then whatever... Lamassu was already at nearly 2x the Macc without any INT or MND conversion.)

Asura.Jdove said: »
Also is stacking mnd for wind's blessing even all that potent is it really gonna matter when it comes down to make or break or is it just nit picking to optimize stuff ? Maybe if you stack mind gear then use astral flow then hit wind blessing it would get a huge boost idk never bothered. Anyways im asking lol.
You'll get 1 more magic damage reduction every +5 MND Siren has when it goes off. So now that there's actually a plethora of pet: +MND stuff that SMN can wear, and you'll be having it for other stuff anyways, why not get that extra -10 for swapping in Lamassu Mitts and Assuidity Slacks? (and yes, Astral Flow will greatly boost the damage reduction by another -20 magic damage reduced.)
[+]
 Asura.Kigen
user: Kigen
By Asura.Kigen 2020-07-10 21:12:10  
Why would you use it for debuff BPs? It only has 30 Pet:MAcc. Even the Convoker's Doublet +2 beats it. So does Tali'ah Manteel +1.

Shomonjijoe has always just been a stepping stone piece that you get for an early refresh body and replace later, looks like this update doesn't change that.

Wouldn't the Stats+ effect the quality of the debuff?
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2020-07-10 22:28:30  
Asura.Kigen said: »

Wouldn't the Stats+ effect the quality of the debuff?

most debuffs are static amounts.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-07-11 13:15:40  
And for those debuffs without static potency, the only stat that has actually been shown to affect the potency is summoning skill (see Impact or Conflag Strike).

If you look at Slowga, it has a default potency of 30% which roughly matches the max potency of the white magic Slow, so it makes sense they wouldn't let us buff it even further. Shock Squall is similar; it lasts 20 seconds unresisted, it doesn't need a potency buff! Just stack magic acc to make sure it lands unresisted and you're golden.

It's possible, or even likely, that INT/MND will increase their magic accuracy but almost certainly not more than 0.5~1 magic acc per point, so you're still only looking at a total magic accuracy of 40 points at most from Shomon vs. 60 from Convoker+3.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [46 days between previous and next post]
By soralin 2020-08-26 14:58:11  
So I am unshelving my non-nirvana summoner mostly just for doing Ramuh Volt Strike spam on some content.

Just wanted to check in on what is currently considered the meta best in slot setup for Blood Pact Rage spam?

Non-AFAC that is, is Volt Strike still the premo BP that has the highest upper dmg limit?

I have all sorts of different gear, but basically I just wanna know:

With a corsair support, but no nirvana, what is the best blood pact to spam on end game targets (Omen bosses, etc)?

Im about half done nirvana but I have other priorities atm.
By Crossbones 2020-08-26 15:11:08  
If you can get flaming crush to do the most dmg then I'd go for that. Without a Nirvana I'm not sure how easy or hard that is, but it's going to come down to buffs and target. Anything that takes a shitload of dmg no matter what (Fu after absorption, dyna Jeuno wave 1/2) FC should be able to cap DMG. With a COR you get both physical and magic attack buffs, but again this depends on the rest of your gear and what you fight, as well as if you're going to SC. Otherwise yeah volt strike is generally going to hit the hardest although personally I don't see it totally destroy predator claws when they go 1v1 so to me they are interchangable based on other needs (stun vs curaga / blink / hastega).
By Pantafernando 2020-08-26 15:32:34  
Voltstrike, flaming crush if mob dont resist fire, hysteruc assault if mob takes extra dmg from piercing, thunderstorm in case youre locked to magic dmg somehow, or just bursting.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By soralin 2020-08-26 17:36:40  
Whats the ideal, meta flaming crush set at the moment?

And for Grp1 Merits, between acc/att/macc/matt, what would be a roughly ideal split for FC focus?

And which mochi do you typically go for? Kusamochi when acc is capped, and Akamochi if not?
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-08-26 17:45:13  
It's all about daifukus now
[+]
By Wotasu 2020-08-26 18:00:45  
Shameless plug https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53593/a-summoners-gear-guide/
[+]
By soralin 2020-08-26 18:18:35  
Ok excellent, I was literally about to post that this is what I discerned to be the ideal FC set after browsing through a few pages of post history on these threads.

ItemSet 375103

And Grape Daifukus for food.

Group comp is Cor/Nin, Pup/Cor, Smn/Rdm

Will be typically doing Beast Roll + Puppet roll from the cor, and a lil extra Drachen Roll from the pup.

Is it reasonable to expect that a mastered smn with that gear set and comp can solo down omen bosses, while the pup full turtle modes and the cor just focuses on support?

And ideally, can anyone suggest a benchmark for some content I can go test out FCs against, like, "If you can do <number> Flaming Crushes on <practice target> you will be fine"
By soralin 2020-08-26 18:32:58  
Oh one more question for the moment:

To what ratio would I value Str, Int, BPD, MAcc/Matt/Acc/Att on Grio? Wait, can you roll Pet:Str or Pet:Int on Oseem? I feel like you can right?
By Crossbones 2020-08-26 18:43:55  
Depends on the omen bosses. Fu, Gin, Kyou, maybe Kin should be ok. Kei is pretty gimmicky. For Fu PUP+SMN is laughably easy, just have someone stand in range to get a few buffs get absorbed then make light SCs with the puppet and ifrit (a really good pairing actually). Puppet can eat fullers NP for Kyou, Gin is not even a real boss and needs no explanation, Kin might be weird. Has target which could lock up the puppet, plus IDK if the puppet will end up healing the boss on accident or how to control that (I don't play PUP).

Try FC on a bunch of different escha mobs and see how that compares to your VS/etc dmg. Voso is pretty squishy so maybe start there then maybe try some of the caturae in ru aun and then throw in dullahan or something from reis. Virava might be a good high end mob to test BP acc and such but that's an expensive pop. Only problem with escha is the vorseals which won't apply in omen. Another option could be vagary bosses since that just takes a befouled water.
By soralin 2020-08-26 18:58:16  
What about any HTMBs? Any of those fights at tiers that are comparable to Omen bosses and such?

Looking for something along the lines of "If you can flaming crush for <this much> on <this boss> you will be fine", basically a benchmark to aim for as "end game ready"
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-08-26 21:20:13  
soralin said: »
What about any HTMBs? Any of those fights at tiers that are comparable to Omen bosses and such?

Looking for something along the lines of "If you can flaming crush for <this much> on <this boss> you will be fine", basically a benchmark to aim for as "end game ready"
It really depends every mob is different what works well for one might not be good for another it also depends on if you have buffs or not and if you do what buffs you have, and what debuffs are on the mob. Mobs build resistance to fire after a few FC's so you might see your damage drop after a few FC's, it's not a bad idea to switch em up here and there to avoid this. Also groups of people tend to waste thier buffs on melee jobs so you likely wont get any buffs at all or debuffs that compliment what bp you are using which is disappointing but it is what it is. One more thing, SE implemented B.S. mechanics to screw smn over in any new content starting with Cait Sith HTB and anything after, this seems to have become the new norm and i dont think SE is going to release any content where smn isnt blocked from doing dmg from here on out in future content.
By soralin 2020-08-26 21:26:08  
I covered all that above with my party comp, Im specifically looking for a DPS benchmark for taking down Omen bosses I can test against (without cost) to verify my aprox dmg, before actually blowing canteens trying omen.

So stuff like Ambuscade, HTMB, etc where its basically free to enter and test my dmg against.

Thus, Im looking for someone who can say:

"If you can do a <value> Flaming crush on <Practice Target>, you should be able to clear Omen runs no problem"

Thats basically all I am looking for.

And as stated above:

soralin said: »
Group comp is Cor/Nin, Pup/Cor, Smn/Rdm

Will be typically doing Beast Roll + Puppet roll from the cor, and a lil extra Drachen Roll from the pup.

Is it reasonable to expect that a mastered smn with that gear set and comp can solo down omen bosses, while the pup full turtle modes and the cor just focuses on support?

And ideally, can anyone suggest a benchmark for some content I can go test out FCs against, like, "If you can do <number> Flaming Crushes on <practice target> you will be fine"

^^^^

Thats the question Im looking for an aprox answer to, basically some kind of HTMB fight that is roughly comparable in tankiness/evasion to omen bosses, just as a DPS benchmark.
First Page 2 3 ... 134 135 136 ... 149 150 151