The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 116 117 118 ... 149 150 151
By Tarage 2018-10-10 00:23:11  
Blew my mind as well.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-10 03:54:59  
No sorry, I still don't get this.
I just re-checked BG-wiki and the description there sounds perfectly fitting with how I knew Favor worked.

edit:

Nevermind I think I get it know.
Perg is talking about how, once you've reached the max favor charge (wether you reached it through tocs wait time or BP usage or a mixture of the two), the favor will remain at "full potency" until the avatar dies or is dismissed.
Once it's at full potency if you swap between SMN skill tiers (to increase the cap) the effect will be instant, it wont' require any more "charge time".

I thought for some reason Perg was talking how equipping 670+ skill right after using Favor "tricks" the game and grants you max potency instantly without having to charge favor up through your preferred mean and this kinda puzzled me.

I don't have to bother about all of this because I'm gimp and I can't reach 670+ skill but I wonder for you guys who can how do you handle the gear swapping?
I mean the 670 skill tier grants you 1 less second of BP recast in theory, but if you swap from 670 skill to your pre-BP gear you gonna lose that 670 skill, so you gonna lose the -1 second as well?
Or is it a matter that it takes a few seconds (one tock?) for the game to check that you swapped gear so you can "activate" the 670 tier, do a BP with double swap (pre-bp, mid-bp) and then go back to 670 smn skill idle gear without losing the -1 second granted by 670 skill over the 575 one?
 Odin.Bangla
サーバ: Odin
user: Ceal
By Odin.Bangla 2018-10-10 04:41:01  
Use 670 skill in your pre-BP gear. Cap timer with sachet+1/baayami hands+legs/jp gifts.
By Tarage 2018-10-10 05:17:01  
Odin.Bangla said: »
Use 670 skill in your pre-BP gear. Cap timer with sachet+1/baayami hands+legs/jp gifts.

This. You can get both by using the above.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-10 05:41:04  
I forgot Baayami also has BP-, makes sense now, thanks!
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-10-10 11:07:02  
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
"Chance of doubling blood pact status" increase damage of physical and magical BPs.

No proc / proc on Wild Rabbits
Thunderspark: 11003 / 12457
Thunderstorm: 19613 / 24560
Night Terror: 14168 / 16820
Crag Throw: 6953 / 9164 (this BP does fixed physical dmg when PDIF is capped)
Spinning Dive: 17500~ / 23000~
Doesn't work with Nether Blast and Somnolence.

No proc / proc on Cuijatenter
Thunderstorm with 209 INT: 9518 / 11912
Thunderstorm with 419 INT: 13400 / 18140

It probably just double WSC mods as people thought.

So best situation with this is during astral flow due to the +100 stats. The new dyna neck that came out along it is also better for it.
I don't expect it to push ahead of aftermath'd nirvana in this situation, but it would be good to parse a couple of schahs with it to see the gap in peak situations.
By Tarage 2018-10-10 14:39:03  
Asura.Frod said: »
"Chance of doubling blood pact status" increase damage of physical and magical BPs.

So best situation with this is during astral flow due to the +100 stats. The new dyna neck that came out along it is also better for it.
I don't expect it to push ahead of aftermath'd nirvana in this situation, but it would be good to parse a couple of schahs with it to see the gap in peak situations.

Does it still sit inbetween normal Nirvana and Aftermath'd Nirvana? Or is it worse than both?
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-10-10 17:07:58  
Tarage said: »

Does it still sit inbetween normal Nirvana and Aftermath'd Nirvana? Or is it worse than both?

Really, really hard to say, i don't know what gear papesse had on.
Going by the numbers there you see a 30% increase in damage, so simple 1 in 4 puts it at a 7.5% increase over time. in some pacts listed there you see a 20%, so only 5% increase over time. Nirvana is iirc, something like a 14% increase in damage, and like a... 30 -40% with aftermath up.

Without further and in depth testing, i see it as pretty weak. The double damage augment sucks. They changed the wording this update to make it clearer. it needed to be double attack to compete with nirvana's output.
By DaneBlood 2018-10-15 02:10:55  
Trying t oger my wife for summoner isepcial 2h spam

ogot her griovalr with the following uag
Dmg +22
Blood pact damage +9
Pet: int +13
MAG.acc +7
MAB +17

Its is fair to use or ?

I just tried running throug a couple of hundreds stone to get Bloodpact dmg +10 but got nothing.
and I really wantto focus on other slots if the staff is decent enough
 Shiva.Berzerk
サーバ: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-10-15 02:36:28  
DaneBlood said: »
Trying t oger my wife for summoner isepcial 2h spam

ogot her griovalr with the following uag
Dmg +22
Blood pact damage +9
Pet: int +13
MAG.acc +7
MAB +17

Its is fair to use or ?

I just tried running throug a couple of hundreds stone to get Bloodpact dmg +10 but got nothing.
and I really wantto focus on other slots if the staff is decent enough
Yes that staff is good to use for Magic Pacts and I believe Flaming Crush. In order to get +10 Blood Pact Dmg. you'll have to use Fern stones.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2018-10-15 11:19:30  
Shiva.Berzerk said: »
Yes that staff is good to use for Magic Pacts and I believe Flaming Crush. In order to get +10 Blood Pact Dmg. you'll have to use Fern stones.

Thank you for the information.
And for looking through my late night horrible typing >.<
[+]
 Sylph.Darkside
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-10-26 11:55:30  
670 skill and Bp delay-
Maybe I’m slow but I can’t figure out how to get to 670. The most I can come up with is 630 or so. Can someone just post the bp- and skill gear set?
 Shiva.Berzerk
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-10-26 12:23:28  
ItemSet 362531

This is what i have so far, i'm at 671 skill.
EDIT: +1 body and feet adds 5 skill each, freeing up some space, and the Incanter's torque would add 1 more skill. back has +4 smn skill aug

EDIT2: Baayami hat +1 also adds 18 skill over empy +1, IDK if that's a worthy trade-off because of the avatar's favor buff on empy. Can someone clarify if that would be worth the trade-off?
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-10-26 15:16:17  
Andoaa Earring too

EDIT2: Baayami hat +1 also adds 18 skill over empy +1, IDK if that's a worthy trade-off because of the avatar's favor buff on empy. Can someone clarify if that would be worth the trade-off?
Absolutely not, Empy horn is mandatory for BP timer.

Edit: This is basically the cheapest/easiest way to get 670 skill for your BP timer gear:

ItemSet 322808

The set as shown WILL NOT BE AT 670. Either one of the Baayami pieces, or the Stikini Ring, needs to be HQ for this set to hit 670. Espiritus path B. Conveyance cape skill+5 augment. If you HQ a Baayami piece instead of Stikini Ring, it gives you a bit of wiggle room for things like non-max-augmented Conveyance, Caller's Pendant instead of Incanter's Torque, or Lucidity Sash instead of Kobo Obi.
[+]
 Shiva.Berzerk
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-10-26 21:10:12  
Asura.Pergatory said: »
Andoaa Earring too

Edit: This is basically the cheapest/easiest way to get 670 skill for your BP timer gear:

ItemSet 322808

The set as shown WILL NOT BE AT 670. Either one of the Baayami pieces, or the Stikini Ring, needs to be HQ for this set to hit 670. Espiritus path B. Conveyance cape skill+5 augment. If you HQ a Baayami piece instead of Stikini Ring, it gives you a bit of wiggle room for things like non-max-augmented Conveyance, Caller's Pendant instead of Incanter's Torque, or Lucidity Sash instead of Kobo Obi.

Thank you! I forgot I had that earring and for some reason was missing in my sets.
 Lakshmi.Likos
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Likos
By Lakshmi.Likos 2018-11-01 13:46:55  
Apologies if it has been discussed or not; For Flaming Crush, what is the popular opinion on weapon? Grio vs Nirvana vs Espiritus I assume?

I have all 3, my Grio is bpd+8, mab+21, petINT+14 macc+6
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-11-01 13:51:18  
Nirvana for Flaming Crush, hands down

Edit: Next best would be Grioavolr or Was +1 (not clear which is better), followed by Espiritus. BP Damage is huge for Flaming Crush.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-08 06:52:51  

Edit: Next best would be Grioavolr, followed by Espiritus. BP Damage is huge for Flaming Crush.
Was+1 has no place in this list, for Flaming Crush? As one of the options to use after Nirvana?

There's Draum-something path C too, not sure how it places in this list of "next best option for Flaming Crush"
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-11-08 12:01:26  
Asura.Yygdrasil said: »
Starting early next week I am returning to the game and I’m going to need an up to date list of 10 to gain gearsets BIS. Just something to work toward. I haven’t managed to find any recently updated ones but I figured this forum topic would be my go to. Maybe Pergatory or Papesse can help me out here.
I don't really keep my itemsets up-to-date on here, but you could take a gander at my Lua: https://pastebin.com/Fa5PtueC

My profile has a link to all my Luas if you ever want to get back there in the future. I try to keep them pretty current. (Although having said that, I noticed it does need slight updating since I capped my Collar augment, I'll do that tonight.) The main sets to focus on would be BP timer set, pet_midcast sets, aftercast.Perp_Refresh, and maybe aftercast.Avatar_DT.

Asura.Sechs said: »

Edit: Next best would be Grioavolr, followed by Espiritus. BP Damage is huge for Flaming Crush.
Was+1 has no place in this list, for Flaming Crush? As one of the options to use after Nirvana?

There's Draum-something path C too, not sure how it places in this list of "next best option for Flaming Crush"
Was+1, I'm not actually sure where it places for Flaming. There hasn't been any testing that I've seen. It might be pretty good. Seems totally feasible to beat Espiritus. Grioavolr would be harder, but it could beat that too. I'll be honest, I never really consider Was+1 when making recommendations because Flaming is the only scenario where it seems like it might be worth the price tag, and I tend to assume SMNs who are that serious about the job will get Nirvana. Probably not the best assumption now that Was+1 has gotten so much cheaper.

Edit: I'll go ahead and put Was +1 in there as equal to Grioavolr for now. It seems like a safe assumption that those two will be in the same territory.

Draumstafir... I don't know, honestly. That's a very good question as well. It would need testing. It depends how the modifier works... it could potentially be double-counted on the magic hit just like BP Damage seems to be, in which case it would be pretty good when it actually procs. Still... 25% proc rate is low... so really you'd be relying on that 15 BP Damage to smooth out the averages, which isn't bad but isn't great.

It's really hard to say where it would place, but I suspect it would be similar to Was+1. You're basically trading 10 BP damage for the extra magic accuracy and 25% chance to increase, which if it's double counted like I suspect, should be another 15% or so damage increase on average. It seems totally feasible that it beats Was+1 in the long run, but no clue where that puts it in relation to something like Grioavolr.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2018-11-11 10:53:28  
Hi.

I just wanted to confirm before doing something crazy but is the jse meck the absolute BiS for every BP?

Thanks in advance
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-11 13:41:03  
Pantafernando said: »
Hi.

I just wanted to confirm before doing something crazy but is the jse meck the absolute BiS for every BP?

Thanks in advance
According to Frod +2 is the best for all BP, once fully augmented.
According to him +1 as well *should* be the best for all BPs, but he wasn't 100% sure.
He answered more in detail like 1-2 pages ago.
[+]
 Asura.Ensane
user: Nsane
By Asura.Ensane 2018-11-16 03:34:57  
Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
Mmmm, impact should be the same damage every time against the same target right?
Impact can be resisted, you're probably thinking of Night Terror. Night Terror has 100% magic accuracy and will always deal the same damage to the same target with the same TP & buffs.

Adad Amulet vs Summoner Collar +2 25/25

Adad Amulet first five, followed by Summoner Collar +2 25/25. Don't know why one of them got resisted.

7.026% increase in damage.

Summoner Collar +2 25/25 first five, followed by Adad Amulet.

6.855% increase in damage.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-11-16 12:29:16  
Asura.Sechs said: »
This furtherly reduces the small pro Gridarvor had in some rare situations (with slightly more acc than Nirvana).
Think it's fair, even though Nirvana deserved more but whateves, can keep fingers crossed for next augment in 1-2 years from now lol

@Frod can we get more insight on Necks comparison?
I understand +2 is BiS for everything but that's alas beyond my reach.
What about NQ and +1 more in detail to what you already did in the previous page, comparing to previously available options (which I guess amounts only to Shulmanu and Adad?) in various situations for various BPs?

Various BPs I guess are:
1) Debuff Wards
2) Magic DMG BPs
3) Physical (TP carry)
4) Hybrid
5) Physical (Non TP carry)

Number 5 is kinda irrelevant though, so I'm not sure we should care whatever the winner is, right?
1. Macc vs macc. Summoner's +2 wins on just that. Summoner's +1 ties adad. but also has int and mnd.
2. The rough 2.5 mab vs 1 bpd ratio. Adad only has 10 mab, so the rough equivalent to 4 bpd. The collars are 6, 8 and 10 bpd. Double check with perg's calc.
3. The rough .55 da, .35 bpd ratio. Shulmanu is 5 da, so 2.75, necks are 2.1, 2.8, 3.5. Attack is probably moot due to the stat modifiers and wouldn't be suprised to see even nq pull over shul because of them.
4. Pure bpd. Same ratio as 2 considered.
5. Non ftp pacts really only have bpd and stats for their modifiers.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2018-11-19 01:46:19  
Hi.

So i just bought the collar for mule and now i have a legit reason to enter dynamis div (to augment it).

So is there any tips for dynamis div RP farming with low man and SMN as DD? Like what pet, what BP, what setup?

If possible i would like to beat at least the mega boss for the +3 unlock. Can i just burn it or even that is inviable considering all the anti SMN they added?

Thanks in advance
By geigei 2018-11-19 02:35:06  
Ramuh aoe works great with a blu cleaving.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-11-19 10:14:29  
Yeah, Thunderspark + Shock Squall for AOE farming is pretty efficient. If doing single target melee farm, Volt Strike or Flaming Crush is probably better.

For the statue boss, Fenrir's Impact works pretty well with Malaise up, or Volt Strike with Frailty up. Or even better if you have a COR, open Darkness for Leaden Salute using Shiva's Rush. Leaden works really well on wave 1 boss.
[+]
 Sylph.Darkside
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-12-09 23:39:24  
Andoaa Earring too

ItemSet 322808

Question about the LVL+ items like Nirvana or the back piece. If you change back pieces or weapon does the avatar level drop then go back up when you re-equip or are you giving up having a 119+ level avatar to get like 1-2 sec off recast timer?
By Tarage 2018-12-09 23:53:58  
So I guess with Frod's bug being marked as "working as intended" we can stick a fork in Draumstafir. Whatever the *** it does, it doesn't do anything useful.
First Page 2 3 ... 116 117 118 ... 149 150 151