Ninja Equipment Sets (April 2015)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Ninja Equipment Sets (April 2015)
Ninja Equipment Sets (April 2015)
First Page 2 3 4 ... 16 17 18
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-04-22 06:58:30  
To add on Hattori gear to my previous post, tested a bit more this time with some data and not just personal impressions.
Of course I'm still leaving Taeon out for obvious reasons.

At capped haste (or whenever you don't want a DW body) Hattori+1 > Thaumas, and I didn't expect this.

For Hattori+1 head it kinda depends. It's obviously an awesome option when you want DW there, but at capped heste, or when you wouldn't normally want a DW head (because of tp/hit reduction etc) how does Hattori+1 fares compared to other options, say Felistris Mask?
It depends on the Innin Augment.
If that 7% DA bonus is always active whenever innin is up, no matter your current positioning, then Hattori+1 is gonna be quite an awesome TP option.
If you receive the 7% DA only when your positioning is correct for Innin, then of course it's not (unless you are actually benefitting of the innin bonus, but that becomes tricky and annoying to handle through gearswap, I'd just use a manual trigger for that honestly)

Hattori+1 legs in capped haste situations aren't better than augmented Quiahuiz. Unless you need the acc of course.

Again, all of this has little relevance if you have correctly augmented Taeon items.
But if for whatever (stupid!) reason you don't, then these items are slightly more useful than they seemed at first, I guess.

Anybody tested Achiuchikapu btw? In my very limited tests it comes very close to Taikogane (closer than I expected!) but it loses. Probably it's a matter of the contribution to WS the stats on Taikogane give.
Supposing a mainhanded Tancho+1 of course.
If you can't use Taikogane (i.e. need acc) Achiuchikapu wins.
For such situations offhanding Raimitsukane or an NQ Tancho would give slightly more acc than Achiuchikapu (and higher damage!) but they have a much bigger delay so I don't know, Achi might win again despite a few less points of acc.
Anybody has something smarter to add about Achiuchikapu?

Also did some tests on Taeon Pants augments.
It takes really really really good augments (almost perfect) for them to be better than that shitty Manibozho Brais. Talking about Blade: Shun of course.
Given how even then the difference is not that huge, I'm not sure it would be wise to bother, unless you're really bored and full of gil.
Taeon Legs augmented for Hi instead provide a really substantial boost, I was surprised by how big it is.
Speaking of which, if you have multiple jobs you might consider putting Crit Damage instead of WS damage.
The latter is slightly better than the former for Blade: hi, but it's the other way around for WS like Victory Smite and Stringing Pummel.
Going Cdmg you would still have an awesome WS piece for Blade: Hi, even if slightly worse than with WSDmg, and it would be pretty awesome even for other jobs like PUP, MNK and BLU.
Uh, DNC too I guess if you're into Evisceration.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-04-22 08:08:43  
Asura.Sechs said: »

Also did some tests on Taeon Pants augments.
It takes really really really good augments (almost perfect) for them to be better than that shitty Manibozho Brais. Talking about Blade: Shun of course.
Given how even then the difference is not that huge, I'm not sure it would be wise to bother, unless you're really bored and full of gil.

That is why i'm currently not playing the game. The random augment system ruins it for me.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-04-22 09:33:06  
Anybody tested Achiuchikapu btw? In my very limited tests it comes very close to Taikogane (closer than I expected!) but it loses. Probably it's a matter of the contribution to WS the stats on Taikogane give.
Supposing a mainhanded Tancho+1 of course.
If you can't use Taikogane (i.e. need acc) Achiuchikapu wins.
For such situations offhanding Raimitsukane or an NQ Tancho would give slightly more acc than Achiuchikapu (and higher damage!) but they have a much bigger delay so I don't know, Achi might win again despite a few less points of acc.
Anybody has something smarter to add about Achiuchikapu?

Besides low delay, another thing to consider about Achi is it's +34 Accuracy is shared between both hands. Raimitsukane may have a little more acc combined with skill/dex/acc, but skill only affects the hand that wears it. Between the two, Achi is going to contribute more accuracy overall.

Try comparing the two against Fodder. Surprisingly, I get Achi > Taikogane against pretty much everything except Tojil.
By inkydo 2015-04-22 09:49:52  
Kaerin said: »
Leviathan.Vow said: »
...reaching the 80% total delay reduction cap is the second most important thing for DPS while TPing. High accuracy is first...
At low levels of delay and sufficient levels of accuracy, further decreasing delay can outweigh increasing accuracy.

You can compare the benefit of a known amount of accuracy vs. a known delay:
Accuracy(2)/Accuracy(1)=Delay(2)/Delay(1)

Ex: Is it worth it to cap accuracy from 90% if it would increase your delay from .2 to .24?

Accuracy(2)/Accuracy(1) = .99/.9 = 1.1
Delay(2)/Delay(1) = .24/.2 = 1.2

Nope.

You're comparing the point where acc is worth the least vs when delay reduction is worth the most. Which I accounted for in my post by specifying acc of around 93% as being the cut off point for acc being better... So thanks for mathing out my point with a graph the person probably won't understand since they specifically asked for dumbed down answers? Lol

LMAO... Yes Dumb is better and really everyone helped.. Math is cool but a simple explanation of why I should and/Or shouldn't, was perfect!! Thanks for all the help everyone. It may been stupid questions, but really everyone made it Very clear!

I am glad I asked thanks again!
By inkydo 2015-04-22 09:54:11  
I think you missed the most important thing here Vow;

inkydo said: »
and no i don't do math so dumb it down please lol

lol I just saw this...>.>
By inkydo 2015-04-22 09:58:37  
Cerberus.Kaeviathan said: »
I updated Melee and Blade: Hi for now. Spreadsheet are based on the following:

Buff:
March X2
Minuet V
Chaos Roll
Fighter's Roll

Mobs:
Tojil
Serac Rabbit

where all the other sets go... I thought you had good options for people. I thought they were well rounded and really informative.

Also thanks for taken the time to put them up!
By Pantafernando 2015-04-22 10:24:35  

and no i don't do math so dumb it down please lol

lol I just saw this...>.>

And honestly, he did a poor job dumbing things down.

In a party situation, NIN dont need to care with DW. And party situation means capped magic haste. Capping gear haste is a given nowaday. Any set with high ilv piece should be over cap without worrying (26% total - can be less if you have ionis). With both gear and magic haste capped, just the native NIN DW from trait will cap delay reduction.

DW gear should be used only if you arent magic haste capped (dynamis/solo/using trusts). I made a table to determine the amount of DW you should use depending what buffs you have:

No haste magic: dw38
Haste samba: dw34
Haste1: dw32
Haste2: dw21
Cappedmagichaste: 0
[+]
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-04-22 10:26:33  
I updated Melee and Blade: Hi for now. Spreadsheet are based on the following:

Buff:
March X2
Minuet V
Chaos Roll
Fighter's Roll

Mobs:
Tojil
Serac Rabbit

where all the other sets go... I thought you had good options for people. I thought they were well rounded and really informative.

Also thanks for taken the time to put them up!

I'm organizing it little by little
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-04-22 10:51:49  
Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »
Try comparing the two against Fodder. Surprisingly, I get Achi > Taikogane against pretty much everything except Tojil.
I tried on Kamihr Raaz with no buffs first (DW setup) and with capped magic haste after (no DW in gear).
In both situations Taikogane was winning. As long as Taiko has OAT it's gonna win regardless of the second augment.

Difference was very small though.
On the spreadsheet I noticed a decrease in WS damage offhanding Achiuchikapu (there might be higher WS frequency to offset things though, thanks to the STP, lower delay etc)

OT: you guys ever seen an Happo Shuriken +1 on your servers?
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-04-22 11:11:42  
I tried on Kamihr Raaz with no buffs first (DW setup) and with capped magic haste after (no DW in gear).
In both situations Taikogane was winning. As long as Taiko has OAT it's gonna win regardless of the second augment.

Difference was very small though.
On the spreadsheet I noticed a decrease in WS damage offhanding Achiuchikapu (there might be higher WS frequency to offset things though, thanks to the STP, lower delay etc)

I just ran a quick test with non R/M/E katana mainhand, and I get the same as you now.

With Kannagi + AM1 or Kikoku, Achi pretty much always beats Taikogane. I suppose lower offhand delay allows more main hand swings, which plays to these katanas strength. (more x2-3 dmg procs)

There's a Happo+1 on Quetz AH right now, but I'm pretty sure the seller wants way more than it's worth.

edit: He moved it to bazaar. 8mil is laughable though.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-04-22 11:14:52  
I'm having issues with [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ], it won't allow me to open the box. can anyone help?
 Shiva.Verohawke
サーバ: Shiva
user: verohawke
By Shiva.Verohawke 2015-04-22 11:25:41  

These DW numbers are total? or these numbers are what we have to equip in addition to our base dual wield already we have as ninja job trait? just checking to be certain
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-04-22 11:36:20  
Shiva.Verohawke said: »

These DW numbers are total? or these numbers are what we have to equip in addition to our base dual wield already we have as ninja job trait? just checking to be certain

Those DW numbers are from gear alone.
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-04-22 12:21:36  
I'm having issues with [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ], it won't allow me to open the box. can anyone help?

I opened a new thread, and spoilers are working now. Why is that?

Reference:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46415/izuna-sets-april-2015/
By Kaerin 2015-04-22 12:33:16  
There's a Happo+1 on Quetz AH right now, but I'm pretty sure the seller wants way more than it's worth.

edit: He moved it to bazaar. 8mil is laughable though.

Whats the HQ rate on this? I wasn't even aware there was a +1.
Also; it is like 1.3m or more per synth, 8m isnt bad even if it's T1. I'd buy it... maybe. If yetshila is +5 damage and not +5% damage, I'd buy it. Or if the skill is much higher on the +1 I'd buy it.

Just checked; 215 to 228, I'd buy it.

Taikogane will win until it's hit rate starts to fall. After that Achi should be the best offhand katana in all real situations you'd be playing in.

Pantafernando said: »
DW gear should be used only if you arent magic haste capped (dynamis/solo/using trusts). I made a table to determine the amount of DW you should use depending what buffs you have:

Good post.

At capped haste (or whenever you don't want a DW body) Hattori+1 > Thaumas, and I didn't expect this.

TA2 DA2 Qaaxo harness when you don't need more ACC or DW!

Not posting with my phone is fun, I can respond to multiple people at once all in one post!
By Pantafernando 2015-04-22 13:10:19  

Possible some /spoiler missing.
By inkydo 2015-04-22 13:19:31  

I opened a new thread, and spoilers are working now. Why is that?

Reference:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46415/izuna-sets-april-2015/

LOL you broke it >.> I wish i could help, but I cant figure out how to respond to more then one person at a time, and I am not on my phone>.> Kaerin
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-04-22 13:22:18  
I really wish they had made the skirmish augment system better. Like, you can spam the NQ stone until you get the specific augment you want, then can use HQ1 and HQ2 to increase the augment value, with HQ1 capping at a lower value than HQ2.

All in all, this thread has been very informative for gearing Ninja, and everyone has been courteous when asking questions and posting replies.
By inkydo 2015-04-22 13:38:14  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
I really wish they had made the skirmish augment system better. Like, you can spam the NQ stone until you get the specific augment you want, then can use HQ1 and HQ2 to increase the augment value, with HQ1 capping at a lower value than HQ2.

All in all, this thread has been very informative for gearing Ninja, and everyone has been courteous when asking questions and posting replies.

Umm it does work that way, yes it is random. However I have found... If I use a NQ till I get the augment I want then use a +1 I get much better results then just dropping a bunch of +1 or +2 in the mix.

Now I say that it works, but it also is very random, it is just been my experience that it seems to work for me. I have had very little trouble getting the augments I want. I have dropped stacks of +2 on a pc of gear, and got crap. However every time I have taken the time to do Nq->+1->+2 I have always found I walk away very happy.

Use the NQ till you get what you want... then use the +1 stones till you get a higher augment. Also if you lucky you can get max augment with just using a Nq and +1..or just a NQ stone. I use +2 to get the last few points to max out augment, if a +1 didn't already do it.

It just what I have found, I hope it helps you.
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-04-22 14:01:21  
I feel as if my spreadsheet is lacking tougher opponents. The rabbit consist of the highest evasion, but not in defense.
By Pantafernando 2015-04-22 14:05:34  
I feel as if my spreadsheet is lacking tougher opponents. The rabbit consist of the highest evasion, but not in defense.

Surveying foe stats is very dificult. Need countless parses and deep knowledge of game mechanics.

After Motenten disapeared i dont know if someone researched new mobs stats. Motenten dropped around WoE Surge update. That should be more than half a year. And before 1h WS update, iirc rudra ftp anchor points were wrong at that time.
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-04-22 14:09:50  
I'll try and gather some information. Without it, I feel as if my sets aren't applied for contents like vargary, Incursion, and high tier bcnms.
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-04-22 14:15:11  

Thread still need some work, but atleast I'm improving in making threads to be more presentable.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-04-22 14:48:57  

Umm it does work that way, yes it is random. However I have found... If I use a NQ till I get the augment I want then use a +1 I get much better results then just dropping a bunch of +1 or +2 in the mix.

Now I say that it works, but it also is very random, it is just been my experience that it seems to work for me. I have had very little trouble getting the augments I want. I have dropped stacks of +2 on a pc of gear, and got crap. However every time I have taken the time to do Nq->+1->+2 I have always found I walk away very happy.

Use the NQ till you get what you want... then use the +1 stones till you get a higher augment. Also if you lucky you can get max augment with just using a Nq and +1..or just a NQ stone. I use +2 to get the last few points to max out augment, if a +1 didn't already do it.

It just what I have found, I hope it helps you.

ill give it a try. i just started augmenting Taeon, so far, feet, hands and head all had Triple Atk+2, from +1 stones, and random acc and atk augments, nothing in slot 2 yet
By kazekostryge 2015-04-22 15:38:07  
Offhand that ternion dagger +1 whattt? and self skilchain buffless like you had a nagi over and over. put that in the spreadsheet
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-04-22 16:46:50  
Kaerin said:
Whats the HQ rate on this? I wasn't even aware there was a +1.
Also; it is like 1.3m or more per synth, 8m isnt bad even if it's T1. I'd buy it... maybe. If yetshila is +5 damage and not +5% damage, I'd buy it. Or if the skill is much higher on the +1 I'd buy it.

Just checked; 215 to 228, I'd buy it.

While the HQ rate is abyssmal, and the mats are pricey... the +1 is an HQ3 that yields x99 of them. (according to bgwiki)

Honestly, I'm scared I'd toss the damn thing the first time I lagged out using Sange in an instanced zone.

There's also a higher skill Togakushi shuriken that drops in a pouch of 99 from the high tier Titan fight.
By Kaerin 2015-04-22 17:28:35  
So with the changes to QA and TA on WS, I figured I should recheck 4 AGI vs Brutal earring and 9 AGI vs Eponas ring.

And then I realized I don't know if +DMG augments affect weapon rank. Back in the day we 'knew' DMG augments (like from the pixie fights) didn't count towards wr, same as latent effect DMGs. So if anyone could answer this, maybe show some proof, that'd be great, if not then I guess I have something to do later.

4 AGI v 5 DA

Brutal still wins.

Eponas v 9 AGI

9 AGI ring wins.

More math later if I get bored again, I also encourage people to double check my work, I'm not saying I didn't mess up, that's why I'm posting it~

Best possible;
ItemSet 334700

High ACC best possible;
(lol its not different except offhand!)
ItemSet 334880

Izuna; DMG 17 ACC/ATT 15 Crit Dmg 5%.
Taeon; ACC and ATT 18+, Crit rate +3%, and Weapon Skill Damage 3% on every piece.
Cape; Weapon Skill Damage 5%, anything else is just a bonus.
NQ Yetshila is the second best ammo.
By Kaerin 2015-04-22 17:43:56  
While the HQ rate is abyssmal, and the mats are pricey... the +1 is an HQ3 that yields x99 of them. (according to bgwiki)

Oh....... I don't know if Id pay 8m if they get 99 of them off the HQ lol. I thought it would make 1 of them lol.

There's also a higher skill Togakushi shuriken that drops in a pouch of 99 from the high tier Titan fight.

I need to figure out how to get access to Titan...
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-04-22 18:16:59  
You need to defeat all avatar primes (excluding Diablos, Fenrir, etc.) in order to get access to Titan.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-04-22 18:48:39  

I actually own one. We've had four sold on AH on Phoenix, all from the same crafter who I think hasn't played since December. Two sold in November (6mil and 5mil), two in December (both about 5mil). One of the people who bought off the AH was selling in bazaar for 5mil and I snapped it up right away. Checking for it had become habit, I'd been looking for months, and hit paydirt one day seeing it up in bazaar through FFXIAH.

I dunno that we have any other crafters who have made it, I know someone else was shouting for a while to try to get someone to sell but I'm not aware of that getting any results.

From looking here, I see there are a few servers with crafters who have multiple sales on the AH in 2015: Siren, Odin, Ragnarok.

Honestly, I'm scared I'd toss the damn thing the first time I lagged out using Sange in an instanced zone.

Hahaha yep, me too. I was nervous enough with the NQ! Even being fairly careful, I've shot a couple R/E bullets on COR so I know I'd eventually screw something up.

What I do is manually put the Happo+1 away in my Mog Satchel first any time I go anywhere that I would care to use Sange and just live without it. Not even worth the risk to me, I'd never get the damn thing back.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 16 17 18