Fenrir.Loynis
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-02-19 16:33:41  
Asura.Bippin said: »
Fenrir.Loynis said: »
DirectX said: »
They should just make PLD immune to physical damage, magical damage and enfeebles at this point.

People would still use RUN for everything.
Until the RUN adjustments come and SE nerfs it into the ground.

Come on Matsui-san, do it for the balance!

I would assume because SE has not nerf'd RUN yet they are hoping to somehow find a good fix for PLD. With that said just giving Foil to PLD would really help.
They have had YEARS of opportunities to fix the underlying problems with not just PLD, but every job period. They have persistently ignored fan input on certain issues because it doesn't align with their vision of that job. I'm sure some of it is deserved, and I know a lot of it isn't, but they just don't listen to us.

Giving PLD foil is not going to be in their vision. PLD isn't suppose to evade attacks, it's suppose to take and migrate the damage, which I agree with and I'm fine with to an extent, we do need better MEVA to not get *** over on debuffs though.

Making changes to reprisal so that it fulfills a role similar to foil would be a better option, but because foil has such a short recast, it would still win out (actually curious on the numbers needed to actually even them out), so it's recast and duration would need to be increased with a goal of over the same period of time, you have the same amount of enmity gains. Even then, RUN would still be popular because of DPS gains.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-19 16:41:08  
They won't give foil to PLD, obviously, just something equivalent in enmity and speed.

And yeah they generally don't listen for ***and have had dozens of chances to fix things. its not a pld problem its a game fundamentals problem.
[+]
 Cerberus.Okita
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pent
By Cerberus.Okita 2020-02-19 20:12:17  
Is Vocane +1 still worth getting PLD or is the DT easily obtained through other pieces like the Sovereign set?
 Lakshmi.Watusa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2020-02-19 20:21:33  
Cerberus.Okita said: »
Is Vocane +1 still worth getting PLD or is the DT easily obtained through other pieces like the Sovereign set?

Vocane was never worth getting tbh. You'll still cap DT using Defending Ring and a Moonlight/beam ring.
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-02-20 02:20:16  
Knockback says hello, unless you're a scrub and using cheats.
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-02-20 07:01:01  
Knockback says hello, unless you're a scrub and using cheats.
Meh
 Lakshmi.Watusa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2020-02-20 07:18:25  
Just run forward bro it's not hard
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-02-20 07:32:24  
Knockback was a major pain when i was starting to multibox using mules to melee. It wasnt simple to change 2 or 3 chars that were knocked back by mobs like Tojil, that most melee hits have minor knockback effect. Vocane annuled that hassle to me back then.

But nowaday, last I read about knockback, the reduce knockback effect most affect minor knockbacks while major knockbacks are still tossing your char. So the ring dont fix that problem, just handle minor hassles what can be worthwhile depending how you multibox. If youre controlling the tank personally, i normally just pull NM and keep my back on walls. Thus, ring is decent but my pick is orvail anyway. And if i could choose a second ring, it would be the light dmg+. If I could pick a third, maybe the WSD+. If i could pick a fourth, maybe the mov +18. If I could pick a fifth, maybe the TH one. If I could pick a sixth, maybe the snapshot/DW one. If i could pick a 7th, probably the vocane
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2020-02-20 21:27:56  
So I did a small amount of testing and came up with a conclusion and a new question. So the TP return and Damage fluctuations were caused by packet loss. I did about 30 WS with a 74% DA rate and none gave a TP return for more than 2 hits, but damage was no longer capped at 990, instead capping at 1049. The TP set I use normally has 10%WSD and some sTP, and my test set has 6%. 990 x 1.06 = 1049, 990 x 1.1 = 1089. So if WSD can raise the damage cap, does that affect enmity generation and readings?
 Shiva.Dayone
サーバ: Shiva
user: day1
By Shiva.Dayone 2020-02-20 22:52:44  
Draylo said: »
They could make it more a Holy Knight class. Some JA's similar to Lunge that deal holy damage and maybe some cool abilities that enhance holy damage. RUN could be the melee DD that blocks magic, and PLD could be the magic hybrid DD that blocks physicals!

This is a cool idea and works right along with something fun I’d like to see. Infinite cover. Meaning you can cover someone full time from physical. It may be a little OP (a lot) but it would play to the physical mitigation for single target things and it could also break up the freaking meta.

Then both run and pld could “enable dps” while letting PLD do what it does best, turtle up.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-02-21 00:19:21  
Phoenix.Mikumaru said: »
So I did a small amount of testing and came up with a conclusion and a new question. So the TP return and Damage fluctuations were caused by packet loss. I did about 30 WS with a 74% DA rate and none gave a TP return for more than 2 hits, but damage was no longer capped at 990, instead capping at 1049. The TP set I use normally has 10%WSD and some sTP, and my test set has 6%. 990 x 1.06 = 1049, 990 x 1.1 = 1089. So if WSD can raise the damage cap, does that affect enmity generation and readings?
Not anymore since Atonement gives static enmity regardless of damage. It did before and it was known for a while that WSD goes past the cap. It's not explicitly written on the BG wiki page but it is in the citation.
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-02-21 01:32:50  
Shiva.Dayone said: »
Draylo said: »
They could make it more a Holy Knight class. Some JA's similar to Lunge that deal holy damage and maybe some cool abilities that enhance holy damage. RUN could be the melee DD that blocks magic, and PLD could be the magic hybrid DD that blocks physicals!

This is a cool idea and works right along with something fun I’d like to see. Infinite cover. Meaning you can cover someone full time from physical. It may be a little OP (a lot) but it would play to the physical mitigation for single target things and it could also break up the freaking meta.

Then both run and pld could “enable dps” while letting PLD do what it does best, turtle up.
I feel cover would be a better ability if it was turned into something like an AoE buff that absorbs damage from the party, and transfers it onto the PLD, while at the same time reducing the damage it inflicts on the PLD. Maybe a form of DT II to make taking AoE damage from 5 others at once manageable, but the goal would be you can rotate between Rampart and Cover and provide party wide defense and protection.
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2020-03-01 09:34:37  
So I'm really bad with the math and I was hoping someone could help me out, I was reading the atonement info on BG and I want to write into my lua a gorget/belt rule for when it wouldn't benefit me anymore.

From what I understand it would be at 200 tp from cap, but then would I want to be wearing moonshade? if so then it needs to be 450 tp from cap. Then it should factor in if /war at 650 from cap.

As im looking at me sets, theres almost 2 more mid sets where you could drop moonshade and still keep the gorgets up until 2800 tp technically, however it wont change the amount of gear you carry, its just more math.
 Asura.Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2020-03-01 09:58:07  
Atonement set 1000~2550
ItemSet 371583

Souv path C
Enmity +hp on back
this is +81 enmity before crusade while keeping hp high.

Atonement set 2550~3000
ItemSet 371584
this is 115 enmity before crusade
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-03-01 12:24:44  
For enmity gain on Atonement, Fotia gorget is never worth using over Moonlight necklace. In fact even a +10 enmity neck would overwhelm Fotia. The only reason the belt is worth it is cause we only get +5 enmity in that slot.

Also, Why Relic hands? C path souveran+1 has the same enmity, but would have +115 more HP, and would add a bit of DT from the set effect. The extra HP would let you change out Odnowa earring for an enmity earring.
 Asura.Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2020-03-01 20:03:44  
My Souvern is path D so I have the relic for shield bash anyways.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-03-01 20:56:28  
You can have more than one souveran hands. I have D and C path hands.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-01 21:56:32  
Asura.Bippin said: »
DirectX said: »
They should just make PLD immune to physical damage, magical damage and enfeebles at this point.

People would still use RUN for everything.
Until the RUN adjustments come and SE nerfs it into the ground.

Come on Matsui-san, do it for the balance!

I would assume because SE has not nerf'd RUN yet they are hoping to somehow find a good fix for PLD. With that said just giving Foil to PLD would really help.
They have had YEARS of opportunities to fix the underlying problems with not just PLD, but every job period. They have persistently ignored fan input on certain issues because it doesn't align with their vision of that job. I'm sure some of it is deserved, and I know a lot of it isn't, but they just don't listen to us.

Giving PLD foil is not going to be in their vision. PLD isn't suppose to evade attacks, it's suppose to take and migrate the damage, which I agree with and I'm fine with to an extent, we do need better MEVA to not get *** over on debuffs though.

Making changes to reprisal so that it fulfills a role similar to foil would be a better option, but because foil has such a short recast, it would still win out (actually curious on the numbers needed to actually even them out), so it's recast and duration would need to be increased with a goal of over the same period of time, you have the same amount of enmity gains. Even then, RUN would still be popular because of DPS gains.

Increase enmity on shield bash, and have its enmity apply to all mobs on the enmity list (damage, stun and potential dispel to only the target hit)

It'll be like sounding a war drum... with the mob's face.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-03-01 23:00:02  
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Increase enmity on shield bash, and have its enmity apply to all mobs on the enmity list (damage, stun and potential dispel to only the target hit)

I really don't see them making a mob targeted action generate enmity on all mobs on the hate list. It just flies completely in the face of normal enmity mechanics. It'd make more sense to just make shield bash AoE at that point. Although I don't think they'd do that either.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-01 23:13:53  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »

I really don't see them making a mob targeted action generate enmity on all mobs on the hate list. It just flies completely in the face of normal enmity mechanics. It'd make more sense to just make shield bash AoE at that point. Although I don't think they'd do that either.

Its really not that far off. You could also make shield bash a dual effect thing that gives you a buff that generates the enmity that way. Ultimately, it makes the most sense with what they currently have if you want a spamable enmity generation ability.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-03-02 07:16:03  
Are there any recommended PLD gearswap lua files floating around? I've just been using Motenten's (I think), but it doesn't have any SIRD stuff in it so I'm wondering if it may be missing other useful things as well.

Edit: Also, what are people generally using for Fast Cast gear on PLD? So far I think I just have some Odyssean pieces and a Rudianos's mantle.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-03-02 07:31:56  
Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
Are there any recommended PLD gearswap lua files floating around? I've just been using Motenten's (I think), but it doesn't have any SIRD stuff in it so I'm wondering if it may be missing other useful things as well.

Edit: Also, what are people generally using for Fast Cast gear on PLD? So far I think I just have some Odyssean pieces and a Rudianos's mantle.

In Mote's lua you can add an SiRD option as a toggle.
To do this you just add this state at the top under User_setup():
Code
	state.CastingMode:options('Normal', 'SiRD')

Then you would do something like this:
Code
Sets.midcast['Sheep Song'] = enmity set

Sets.midcast['Sheep Song'].SiRD = SiRD gear

for Sird gear and enmity set you'd have your sets for those 2 in there instead of what i typed as the name of the set varies on user.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-03-02 08:40:43  

Obvious answer is obvious: iLv Aegis. iLv Aegis gets Shield Bash VII, which is the same +250dmg but also makes Shield Bash AoE.
(It would also make Aegis actually block, so we know it will never happen.)
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-02 15:03:17  
FaeQueenCory said: »

Obvious answer is obvious: iLv Aegis. iLv Aegis gets Shield Bash VII, which is the same +250dmg but also makes Shield Bash AoE.
(It would also make Aegis actually block, so we know it will never happen.)

Would be a bad idea to add onto a shield. Aegis is already too strong an option, drowning out both aeonic and empyrean options in most scenarios.

Would likely make more sense as a high level job trait.
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-02 16:45:00  
Maybe if someone made lifesize Aegis/Ochain replicas and sent them to the producers they'll do something. I'd honestly be fine if all they did was slap ILvl on it and left everything else as is.

Making Shield Bash AoE is unpractical. While it now has a better recast, it's still poor for spamming, and throwing dispel into that mix is probably grounds enough for the producers to not even consider it an option.

A more practical thing to spam for enmity on multiple targets is a self-targeting spell, which gets the added benefit of haste/fast cast time reductions. Pushing for a foil alternative is a more practical solution and more likely to get a favorable response from the producers, if they would ever listen to the player base.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-03-04 17:49:17  
You know... now that Atonement is static enmity, and the crap dmg it deals is utterly pointless... I kinda wish that they'd update Burtgang's Mythic WSD to some sort of enmity bonus. What's WSD+30% doing for it now?
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-03-04 17:53:32  
What's WSD+30% doing for it now?
Let it do (up to) 1547 damage. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-03-04 18:08:29  
FaeQueenCory said: »
What's WSD+30% doing for it now?
Let it do (up to) 1547 damage. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well, that's... accurate, I suppose. lol
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-03-04 18:18:47  
I still want shields to work like instruments where you can swap between them without losing TP. Being able to use stuff like Blurred Shield +1 for Savage Blade, Sacro Bulwark for cures, Srivatsa for hate, etc. would be really nice.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-04 18:50:14  
Pandemonium.Zeto said: »
I still want shields to work like instruments where you can swap between them without losing TP. Being able to use stuff like Blurred Shield +1 for Savage Blade, Sacro Bulwark for cures, Srivatsa for hate, etc. would be really nice.

Only once we get more mog wardrobes.... Im already maxed out as is. And im still working on pld.
First Page 2 3 ... 73 74 75 ... 137 138 139