フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » ~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 134 135 136 ... 137 138 139
 Asura.Toralin
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-06-24 18:12:59  
I have FR set to a full macc set. I use it in segment farm after the bard hordes lands pretty well on 1f and 2f
By Felgarr 2023-06-24 20:52:56  
Asura.Toralin said: »
I have FR set to a full macc set. I use it in segment farm after the bard hordes lands pretty well on 1f and 2f

Do you mind sharing the set? I'm trying not to spend my galimaufry right now.
 Ragnarok.Primex
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-06-26 04:08:02  
Got my basic lua working.
Still missing a lot of gear for optimising things like JAs and potency on things like SS, phalanx, enlight etc.
But took Prime out for a few test 4uns on AA Galka VD, solo no trusts.
Fastest Fight took 17 mins with ochain.
Srivasta 2nd fastest fight
Duban stage 2 slowest.

I was playing it extra safe and stayed in my hybrid/attack mode. Never took more than 130 dmg and it was from his fudo closer for light.
Was /RDM though and there is no hate management to worry about.
First round I used Ochain. Which is the round i took that 130 dmg.
On srivasta and duban it was mostly zero dmg taken the entire fight.

I tried AA EV solo and timed out with aegis.
Went in with trusts next round and they lastest about 30 seconds before they all died. Again timed out. Tried full attack mode to test the boundaries, she almost one shotted me and I had to invincible to get some breathing room to recover. Switched back to defensive mode and other than the constant dispels and having to manage MP well, it was a pretty easy fight to survive. But she was only at 58% by the time I timed out.

How am I doing? I still haven't tanked anything end game or even ambuscade. But Im assuming I'm nowhere near end game ready based on how AA Ev went.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-06-26 07:57:32  
Felgarr said: »
Asura.Toralin said: »

Do you mind sharing the set? I'm trying not to spend my galimaufry right now.
Wont help you have Galli because its all empy+3
sets.midcast['Frightful Roar'] ={
ammo="Pemphredo Tathlum",
head="Sakpata's Helm", --empy+3 more macc
neck="Moonlight Necklace",
ear2="Chev. Earring +1",
ear1="Crepuscular Earring",
body="Chev. Cuirass +3",
hands="Chev. Gauntlets +3",
ring1="Metamor. Ring +1",
ring2="Stikini ring +1",
back=gear.fastcast_jse_back,
waist="Acuity Belt +1",
legs="Chev. Cuisses +3",
feet="Chevalier's Sabatons +3"
}
[+]
 Asura.Puddycat
user: undecim
By Asura.Puddycat 2023-06-26 16:37:12  
Hopalong said: »
You're not mistaken. Gearswap fills in slots from high priority number to low (I do 13-0 if that helps). There's some commentary on it if you google.

One trick someone said was if you have several just +HP pieces then you can assign them the same value. For example all priority 13.

Finally, not sure if someone said this, but MP > HP equips are last calculated so you have to juggle MP in there as well and not swap in too soon.

Coming back into this conversation late and wanted to add to this.

Remember just like with augmented gear you can also assign variables for gear with priorities. This way you dont have to repeatedly define a table with a priority and item name for every occurrence across multiple sets.

Here is a quick example.
Code
local ear = {}

ear.odnowa = {name="Odnowa Earring +1", priority=13}
ear.tuisto = {name="Tuisto Earring", priority=13}

sets.some.thing = {
    ear1 = ear.odnowa,
    ear2 = ear.tuisto,
}

Also thought I should point out. In this case you do not need to add the augment table for odnowa earring +1 because you can't have more than one anyways.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2023-07-12 12:30:21  
Hey guys, I was gonna get back into the game with a fresh character and try my hand at PLD (been on a tanking kick in XIV and it's carrying over between games lol), but I had a question about Fealty while I was reading job abilities.

How does Fealty mitigate damage from Meteor/Mijin/Astral Flow? And did someone have a comparison between being hit by those skills with and without Fealty?
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
user: Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2023-07-12 12:50:51  
Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Hey guys, I was gonna get back into the game and try my hand at PLD, but I had a question about Fealty while I was reading job abilities.

How does Fealty mitigate damage from Meteor/Mijin/Astral Flow? And did someone have a comparison between being hit by those skills with and without Fealty?

There was testing done like 15 years ago where someone determined it was around a 90% reduction on the damage from those types of moves. I've looked around, and I can't find the original source. Old posts on gamespot and ffxiclopedia have reference to this testing, but no link directly to it. I'm not aware of any more recent testing of fealty.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2023-07-12 13:00:22  
Okay, thank you for the reply! I guess I'll find out about it for myself when I get my fresh character up!

On a side note, is D ring transferable? Found one on my old character (I don't even remember getting it)
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2023-07-12 13:05:35  
Defending Ring is not sendable no, would have to farm one on the new character.
 Shiva.Flowen
サーバ: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-07-12 13:45:26  
Bahamut.Boposhopo said: »

It is sendable to the same POL account
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2023-07-12 13:47:42  
Shiva.Flowen said: »
Bahamut.Boposhopo said: »

It is sendable to the same POL account

TY for adding this.

I guess I should have checked if they were sending from 1 account to the other or just another char on same account, just auto assumed new account since new character.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2023-07-12 14:26:42  
Oh! Yeah, sorry, I was gonna just make a new character on the same account! Shoulda mentioned that, my bad! Thank you both!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Asura.Aragan 2023-07-28 09:29:59  
ItemSet 392232

superior Set
-Enemy Critical Hit Rate -20% and pld Job Trait Crit. Def. Bonus -14% Reduces Critical Hit Damage
total -34% calc enemy crit. Is Enemy's DEX and the Player's AGI. And that set have good AGI. For ratio

and capped -dt superior set tank with any big pull mobs ody seg c and if u in halo use ja rampart this give u 95% Spell Interruption Rate no need sird set with rampart up if Iron Will full merit 5/5 and use ja Sentinel Fealty Palisade every halo and keep mobs front u and back slowly to be more mobs front u and u have more options u can equip ochain shield or priwen or others and u can equip aegis in lamia halo or magic nuke mobs and if Palisade off use Reprisal and in floor 4 halo use Invincible to be safety or use it with bad mobs with halo

Remember
if u need mp equip ochain and for more options if u need more mp equip with ochain Rev. Leggings +3
If u need tp to use Chivalry equip hand Rev. Gauntlets +3
And u can equip both for mp and tp
U can use tp for ws savage blade after used ja chivalry
With ws set gear 30% pdl on mob u want kill him

For phalanx if u have in pt sch/rdm tell him do aoe phalanx with duration set its be phalanx II not I

Use Enhancing Magic Duration set for all spell
Crusade and phalanx protect V Reprisal
Set colada aug 4% , ajax +1 10%, shabti body +1 10%,regal hand 20%
With this duration u no need re spell in fight

Dont forgot in start buff u protect V spell with ja Majesty on u with shield have high def like duban or Srivatsa after healer buff this give u and pt high def and protect pld better from any protect another job like whm sch and others and tell brd give u minne song and ballad and Sirvente and use food Miso Ramen that will be safety run

And this my web all jobs lua and all addon u need and macros all job u can install

https://github.com/aragan

Pld lua is fully And all sets for pld And all sub job in lua and i add bind f6 for change all shields
and for sub /run i add bind for runes f1 use it f2 change rune f3 back rune
And alt+w weaponlock on off

U can add this code for auto spell if it go off
In pld.lua :

include('caster_buffWatcher.lua')
buffWatcher.watchList =
{
["Protect"]="Protect V",
["Enmity Boost"]="Crusade",
--["Cocoon"]="Cocoon",
["Phalanx"]="Phalanx",
}
include('common_info.status.lua')

And install caster_buffWatcher.lua in lib file

I hope this helps everyone need this
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2023-07-28 11:34:48  
I love the focus on Enemy Critical Hit Rate down. I've been putting that into my idle sets now and it's saved me more than once.

It's worth noting that Enemy Critical hit rate down merits (-5) could give you a little more flexibility on your ring or ammo piece.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-07-28 15:02:56  
Asura.Aragan said: »
-Enemy Critical Hit Rate -20% and pld Job Trait Crit. Def. Bonus -14% total -34% calc enemy crit.
The Crit Def Bonus trait does not reduce the rate of critical hits taken. It reduces the damage of crits taken.
[+]
By Asura.Aragan 2023-07-28 15:33:49  
Asura.Invinciblehill said: »
Sup had some questions about /nin for solo and kc, etc. Didn't really see anything anywhere so.

If for whatever reason I am soloing on PLD and say have a KC.. prob wouldn't buy this just for PLD if it is of any use for PLD but is that worth it if ACC is not an issue? If it is should make for easier time soloing skillchains with the right gear. I am assuming R15 Almace using CDC is better for dmg than R15 Excalibur using knights of the round? Both would be soloing light so.

If /nin is worth it for solo is just going naegling/thibron just better than all that stuff I mentioned?

If using a shield would a sequence be a better option for savage than a naegling bc of ws'ing at 1000-1250 tp?

Thanks.

I think u can try with sub /rdm in seg B or A with Shield Mastery set gear Rev. Gauntlets +3 with shield and dagger aoe ws
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-07-28 21:23:46  
are you using full chev for any particular reason? if not this set would get you more magic evasion and cap your SIRD if for some reason you aren't using a better midcast set. I could adjust it for a specific element as well for the chance at the 1/8 resist.

ItemSet 392243
By Felgarr 2023-07-28 22:10:24  
ItemSet 392232

superior Set
-Enemy Critical Hit Rate -20% and pld Job Trait Crit. Def. Bonus -14% Reduces Critical Hit Damage
total -34% calc enemy crit. Is Enemy's DEX and the Player's AGI. And that set have good AGI. For ratio

and capped -dt superior set tank with any big pull mobs ody seg c and if u in halo use ja rampart this give u 95% Spell Interruption Rate no need sird set with rampart up if Iron Will full merit 5/5 and use ja Sentinel Fealty Palisade every halo and keep mobs front u and back slowly to be more mobs front u and u have more options u can equip ochain shield or priwen or others and u can equip aegis in lamia halo or magic nuke mobs and if Palisade off use Reprisal and in floor 4 halo use Invincible to be safety or use it with bad mobs with halo

Remember
if u need mp equip ochain and for more options if u need more mp equip with ochain Rev. Leggings +3

For phalanx if u have in pt sch/rdm tell him do aoe phalanx with duration set its be phalanx II not I

Dont forgot in start buff u protect V spell with ja Majesty on u with shield have high def like duban or Srivatsa after healer buff this give u and pt high def and protect pld better from any protect another job like whm sch and others and tell brd give u minne song and ballad and Sirvente and use food Miso Ramen that will be safety run

And this my web all jobs lua and all addon u need and macros all job u can install

Pld lua is fully And all sets for pld And all sub job in lua and i add bind f6 for change all shields

I like what you've done, but some questions/clarifications. What group 1 and 2 merits are you advocating for in your description above?

Also, I think Shabti Cuirass is "Enhancing Magic Duration" not "Enhancing Magic Duration Received", right? ....unless it's a mistranslation?
By Asura.Aragan 2023-07-29 01:52:22  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
are you using full chev for any particular reason? if not this set would get you more magic evasion and cap your SIRD if for some reason you aren't using a better midcast set. I could adjust it for a specific element as well for the chance at the 1/8 resist.

ItemSet 392243

Chevalier's sets if u equip all 5 piece its high def from sakpata set u can check that

i think Chevalier's have some special technique gear for pld and for absorbs damage taken
and some enmity , convert , high vit , AGI , Evasion

u have more option for change 5 piece ans sakpata set its work good and u can mix with any piece and i think no need more magic evasion in seg c and use sird midcast set if need from change castmode for sird
By Asura.Aragan 2023-07-29 01:59:08  
Felgarr said: »
ItemSet 392232

superior Set

Remember

I like what you've done, but some questions/clarifications. What group 1 and 2 merits are you advocating for in your description above?

Also, I think Shabti Cuirass is "Enhancing Magic Duration" not "Enhancing Magic Duration Received", right? ....unless it's a mistranslation?

Paladin (Group 1) 10/10
Sentinel Recast 5
Rampart Recast 5
Paladin (Group 2) 10/10
Fealty 1
Chivalry 1
Iron Will 5
Guardian 3

and Shabti Cuirass +1 give u more duration if u spell only on u and aoe pt
By Asura.Aragan 2023-07-30 08:59:35  
Cerberus.Dekar said: »
I love the focus on Enemy Critical Hit Rate down. I've been putting that into my idle sets now and it's saved me more than once.

It's worth noting that Enemy Critical hit rate down merits (-5) could give you a little more flexibility on your ring or ammo piece.

U right this 4 piece Enemy Critical Hit Rate down

ammo="Eluder's Sachet",
ring1="Fortified Ring",
ring2="Warden's Ring",
back="Reiki Cloak",

U can change ammo with Iron Gobbet if u not capped dt

The correct location of the 4 equipment in idle.sets.mode
And These five equipment remain still equip and the other equipment changes with defense.mode change

Post deleted by User.
By Nariont 2023-08-03 19:44:33  
ItemSet 377889

Not sure if its BiS but could be a good starting point
 Valefor.Dathus
サーバ: Valefor
user: Dathus
By Valefor.Dathus 2023-08-29 17:12:32  
For Savage Blade, is base Nayame or base Sakpata better? Working on doing vengeance clears and wanting to upgrade my WS sets as we go, and looking for advice.
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2023-08-29 17:26:02  
With no augments on either set Sakpata should be a fair bit stronger. More STR, more atk and depending on buffs and what you're fighting you can probably make use at least some of all that phys. dmg limit+ too.
By DaneBlood 2023-08-30 09:33:17  
undecim said: »
So the 102% SIRD cap is including 5/5 merits on SIRD right? So 94% in gear should not get interrupted with 5/5 merits, correct?

2nd time I did a Ody run and I been getting interrupted, This time I ended up dying because of it and the run got botched. I even died in the SIRD set and double checked and it is 94%, +5/5 merits for a total of 104%...

How? I know GS sometimes misses a piece when it swaps but I am constantly getting interrupted by large pulls... I can't use PLD on Ody runs unless I solve how this is happening.

How did you know you died in SIRD set and not simply just dead in the gear?
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2023-08-30 13:46:34  
dude, that was like 2.5 months ago, pretty sure they got it sorted out lol

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2023-09-06 15:32:45  
Asura.Belousyi said: »
Sup. If I am soloing undead for exemplar points in King Ranperre's Tomb what is the better dps option: Excalibur R15 doing KoR to Savage blade to KoR for 2 light skillchains assuming I can manage getting that to work which I have been able to do so with TP gear or Almace R15 doing back to back light? Nyame is R15 excluding boots which are R16. My sub is warrior. For Savage: swapping out Ishvara for Moonshade.

ItemSet 392928

ItemSet 392929

TP set would be the same. Also I use Lehko's ring instead of sailfi +1 and instead use windbuffet +1 for TP is that fine?

If there is a better dps option for solo PLD on these undead please let me know. Thanks.

Likely the first options, you can always load of a parse and do a direct comparison. Assuming the same rough DMG reduction to slashing as every other undead you could also try a Beryllium Mace and do Hexa -> Black Halo for light. Really depends on what your dmg looks like from each WS.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 134 135 136 ... 137 138 139