フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 185 186 187 ... 201 202 203
 Asura.Suteru
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2017-11-01 09:22:59  
So is it Dynamis-Dread or Dynamis-Divergence?
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-11-01 09:28:57  
DirectX said: »
Pantafernando said: »
the popular poroggo battle
Thought everyone hated this?
Pretty sure everyone loved some of the easiest points ever that month lol. Though that might change if they really do make it immune to gravity
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-01 09:58:25  
The frog will still be everyones favorite.

Scummoner being a huge bandwagon makes it just as easy as gravity-cheese. Just slower. Get ready for (more) smnonry shouts for the entire month.
 Shiva.Spynx
サーバ: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-11-01 10:03:48  
Wouldn't PUP tank + RNG be ideal since the gimmick seems to be just no buff on tank? Unless the range is much bigger than I remember
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-01 10:04:37  
Anything ranged, and scummoner is more popular/easier/effortless.

One idiot ranger pulls hate, everyone dies. That's impossible for smn.
By clearlyamule 2017-11-01 10:19:14  
Shiva.Spynx said: »
Wouldn't PUP tank + RNG be ideal since the gimmick seems to be just no buff on tank? Unless the range is much bigger than I remember
Depends on what you mean by range. If you mean the distance away the mob could use the move yeah that was like 10-15 iirc so pretty easy to kite. If you mean the range of the AoE that was 30' centered around the target so might be possible to be in shooting distance if lined up right but no way ws.

And the move still did tons of dmg with pup tanks. Like mule would take 40k when walking in for dia if it had much of any buffs on it and still like 20k buffless. The autos themselves would still take way more than enough dmg to kill them unless you did some tricky stuff
 Asura.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2017-11-01 10:20:16  
You underestimate the ability of a SMN to retreat their pet.
 Shiva.Spynx
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-11-01 10:35:26  
I was referring to the hammer of doom AoE range (30') but if that can still kill pretty much any tank I guess the safest way with current info is to kill it with tact roll TP + 3-step double darkness/light SC (remember people were able to kill like this with THF/DNC before gravity trick was figured out)
By Afania 2017-11-01 10:51:11  
clearlyamule said: »
Pretty sure everyone loved some of the easiest points ever that month lol. Though that might change if they really do make it immune to gravity

Even without gravity, we have killed it quite fast with THF regain run in SATA strat. It's not remotely challenging nor annoying compare with some other vol1 VD lol.

There are new gimmicks
Kind of embarassing they even call their game content gimmicky.

Figuring out gimmicks are fun, More gimmicks More!
[+]
By Justuas 2017-11-01 11:03:58  
Afania said: »
There are new gimmicks

Go play ffxiv then.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-01 11:06:14  
Gimmicks are just a part of gaming in general now. Not something you can get rid of.

You want no gimmicks? Then everything is just immune to stun/silence/addle insta casts death and has a trillion HP. That's what it boils down to, without a gimmick it's impossible to lose.

That's not saying gimmicks are good or fun. but necessary.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-11-01 11:14:35  
clearlyamule said: »

Even without gravity, we have killed it quite fast with THF regain run in SATA strat. It's not remotely challenging nor annoying compare with some other vol1 VD lol.
There thf goes again making content trivial again. Nerf SATA!
 Fenrir.Ramzus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-11-01 11:25:42  
I'm glad they're only releasing the first Dynamis zone this month, now we know it's gonna be meaty as ***. It should carry us for like at least 8 months of new content bimonthly so that we don't have a giant dry spell like we did with Omen.
 Shiva.Spynx
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-11-01 11:34:31  
Won't complain about any new content and totally get the dilution from SE to keep monthly fee but it may suck if they implement only the AF from the specific dynamis (pure theory) as the best ones are usually from xarc/beau that won't be available for several months
By Afania 2017-11-01 11:44:35  
Justuas said: »
There are new gimmicks

Go play ffxiv then.

As if I haven't, lol. Gimmicks in FFXI normally has more than 1 setup to deal with, and plenty of flexibility in terms of pt composition. that's not something we find in ffxiv.

Gimmicks in game is a plus, not a minus. Idk why people are against it.
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2017-11-01 11:51:29  
Justuas said: »
There are new gimmicks

Go play ffxiv then.

As if I haven't, lol. Gimmicks in FFXI normally has more than 1 setup to deal with, and plenty of flexibility in terms of pt composition. that's not something we find in ffxiv.

Gimmicks in game is a plus, not a minus. Idk why people are against it.

Only thing I can think of are that some gimmicks are annoying to implement or drastically alter what the community feels should be a straightforward fight. I can understand the desire to have more fights where it's just

You
Your Squad
The Monster
No trash-walks or debilitating gimmicks
Right now
Dance off
By Tanag 2017-11-01 11:52:56  
FFXI has always had gimmicks. Not every fight does but if the entire game was just tank and spank mechanics it wouldn't be very fun. I agree they are a plus.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-11-01 12:10:04  
Gimmicks with work arounds based on player input are fine. Like, the proc systems for Abyssea were pretty well-loved and popular. Voidwatch less-so, but it was the drop system that was reviled.

Gimmicks like "Repeated use of Perfect Dodge," "Immune to Spell/Job," "Mute/Amnesia/Equipment-Strip" a la Incursion can all die in fires.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-11-01 12:30:30  
Eleventh month of the year
Final fantasy ELEVEN
perfect time to release new content....

They are quite wittier than I imagined. And here I thought it just took a full year to get something released. This was planned the whole time

Obligatory eye roll

Resub
[+]
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-11-01 12:51:41  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Eleventh month of the year
Final fantasy ELEVEN
perfect time to release new content....

They are quite wittier than I imagined. And here I thought it just took a full year to get something released. This was planned the whole time

Obligatory eye roll

Resub

Thought you said you were quitting..

Welcome back Commander.
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-11-01 13:32:11  
Gimmicky, eh?

I'd love to see an NM whose attacks knock off weapons & shields. Take THAT, PLDs and RUNs!
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-11-01 13:40:14  
They did that in Ambu before.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-01 14:00:20  
Shiva.Siviard said: »
Gimmicky, eh?

I'd love to see an NM whose attacks knock off weapons & shields. Take THAT, PLDs and RUNs!

One of the main reasons Velkk (incursion) are the absolute lowest ***-tier things in the game.
[+]
 Odin.Geriond
サーバ: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-01 14:02:02  
As well as the five metric tons of mobs with complete encumbrance during VW and Legion era.
By clearlyamule 2017-11-01 14:03:27  
Shiva.Siviard said: »
Gimmicky, eh?

Why stop there let's return back to the days of full gear strip + encumbrance
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2017-11-01 14:06:56  
inb4 Addon called Chastity Belt that prevents any stripping of gear
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-11-01 15:06:07  
They already coded in the gimmick where geo bubbles causes mob behavior to change. I can see that being one of the gimmicks.
By Afania 2017-11-01 15:53:06  
Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
Gimmicks with work arounds based on player input are fine. Like, the proc systems for Abyssea were pretty well-loved and popular. Voidwatch less-so, but it was the drop system that was reviled.

Gimmicks like "Repeated use of Perfect Dodge," "Immune to Spell/Job," "Mute/Amnesia/Equipment-Strip" a la Incursion can all die in fires.

I disagree completely, proc systems are horrible and it gives certain job artificial advantage over another just because they proc.

Immune to spell/PD/amnesia/mute gives certain jobs advantage because these jobs has mechanics to counter them. Don't like PD? Bring mage/ranger or thf to steal it. Don't like amnesia? Bring mage, or DD RUN to resist them, or MNK to white dmg it to death, or ranger to get away from it, or stunners to stun them like old incursion pt. Don't like mute? How about using dancers to heal? We get variety of ways to counter these mechanics in ff11 instead of "bring best DD" and that's what makes the game fun.

These kind of mechanics allows creative freedom in setup to counter them, 100x better than "I'm bringing MNK war nin blu blm because I need to proc"
[+]
 Bismarck.Lothoro
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2017-11-01 16:40:14  
Shiva.Spynx said: »
Won't complain about any new content and totally get the dilution from SE to keep monthly fee but it may suck if they implement only the AF from the specific dynamis (pure theory) as the best ones are usually from xarc/beau that won't be available for several months

I agree with this. And while some gear drops from two different dyna zones, it's still going to take a long time before SE gets around to Xarc/Beau if they release one new dyna zone a month.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-11-01 17:38:30  
Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »

I disagree completely, proc systems are horrible and it gives certain job artificial advantage over another just because they proc.

Immune to spell/PD/amnesia/mute gives certain jobs advantage because these jobs has mechanics to counter them. Don't like PD? Bring mage/ranger or thf to steal it. Don't like amnesia? Bring mage, or DD RUN to resist them, or MNK to white dmg it to death, or ranger to get away from it, or stunners to stun them like old incursion pt. Don't like mute? How about using dancers to heal? We get variety of ways to counter these mechanics in ff11 instead of "bring best DD" and that's what makes the game fun.

These kind of mechanics allows creative freedom in setup to counter them, 100x better than "I'm bringing MNK war nin blu blm because I need to proc"

Can disagree, but the only advantage some jobs have is a purely artificial one. It isn't creative freedom. In some cases you are locked into efficiency. In others you are locked into bringing a more diverse set of jobs. It's just how the game is.
THFs can steal a PD once every 45min. That doesn't help in an Ambu fight that should last 5min but lasts 12min because of multiple PDs back-to-back-to-back. It doesn't make the content more difficult. It just makes it longer. I hate those kinds of gimmicks.
Mute and Amnesia are often paired together because locking players out of being able to do anything is often considered "difficulty". In those cases, players may as well not even play. AFK on a job with enough accuracy to hit it. Or RNG, I guess.
Or, as has seems to happen on other servers, just SMN everything to not deal with the B.S.
But gimmicks should be an opportunity for immersion. SP-spam/Mute/Amnesia/Gear-strippage and TP-wipega is the absolute opposite of immersion, imho.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 185 186 187 ... 201 202 203