サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-12-19 08:51:23  
Asura.Kasandea said: »
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Only thing that bugs me about those campaigns is that, unless it's an error, we have 2 weeks of exp campaign and only 1 week of CP campaign :/

Well, I mean, it's a welcome back/new player campaign.
Let new players burn!

New players = Future... everyone quit/break after sometime...
We want this game to exist but we don't want to support it? Fun~
It was a joke.
[+]
 Asura.Madotsukii
サーバ: Asura
user: Madotsuki
By Asura.Madotsukii 2016-12-19 12:44:13  
Campaign looks pretty nice, especially for a recent return like myself. Wish it was sooner though, my friend and I have started to try Escha NMs and having hardly any silt is making the process a bit frustrating. Definitely going to have to try and capitalize on that bonus silt campaign.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-12-19 13:58:10  
Asura.Madotsukii said: »
Campaign looks pretty nice, especially for a recent return like myself. Wish it was sooner though, my friend and I have started to try Escha NMs and having hardly any silt is making the process a bit frustrating. Definitely going to have to try and capitalize on that bonus silt campaign.
Worth mentioning that silt is scaled directly to exp gain and they aren't on at the same time, you'll actually have better gains farming silt during the exp chain campaign(plus you don't have to wait as long).
[+]
 Asura.Taruranto
user: Tarlant
By Asura.Taruranto 2016-12-19 14:10:23  
Honestly, I wouldn't mind weekly campaigns, it would be a great way to rotate content and not have people focused on only 1-2 events all month.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2016-12-19 14:23:29  
I still don't see how or why they had to split up CP from EXP as they're usually together
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2016-12-19 14:40:49  
Asura.Taruranto said: »
Honestly, I wouldn't mind weekly campaigns, it would be a great way to rotate content and not have people focused on only 1-2 events all month.
This. I wouldn't mind them having weekly campaigns from now on.
[+]
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2016-12-20 17:28:31  
Asura.Topace said: »
Asura.Taruranto said: »
This. I wouldn't mind them having weekly campaigns from now on.
wat? variety in my ffxi!?!
By Bamboom 2016-12-20 17:41:39  
No dial campaign :(
By Pantafernando 2016-12-21 02:40:41  
Quote:
Apologies for the delayed follow-up, but this issue has been fixed in the emergency maintenance that occurred the other day. Good luck with your Vagary endeavors, and we apologize for the inconvenience while it was being fixed.
By Pantafernando 2016-12-22 02:51:11  
Quote:
Greetings, everyone.

Based on the feedback that we have been receiving, we are planning to make adjustments so that there is more time to complete the objectives given during Omen. We are hoping to implement this as quickly as possible, so please hang in there while the team finalizes the adjustment.
By Darksparksnot 2016-12-22 03:43:05  
Anyone notice there's no bcnm campaign?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-22 04:12:17  
Darksparksnot said: »

Seeing how REM stones have fallen from 10-13k average to 6-8k I don't think one is really necessary.
 Sylph.Braden
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2016-12-22 14:07:54  
They might've been referring to the KC/HKCNM camapign that drops Empyrean armor seal kupons like crazy, which honestly should be more common than it is.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-12-22 14:43:06  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Darksparksnot said: »

Seeing how REM stones have fallen from 10-13k average to 6-8k I don't think one is really necessary.

While you may have a point, the high tier campaign really is a nice pairing with exp+ (but no CP+) campaign like we're getting two weeks in January. I know I would have appreciated those two together.

It's also a little interesting that high tiers didn't show up despite reforged AF making a return to the forefront, as S-E does seem to have a tendency to use campaigns (and login points) that have some relation to the flavor of the month content - in this case, high tiers being the source of REM's Chapters 6-10 that some people may still not have for AF they never bothered reforging to 119.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-12-26 02:12:43  
Quote:
Announcing the New Year's Alter Ego Extravaganza! (12/26/2016)

The New Year's Alter Ego Extravaganza will commence on Sunday, January 1!
If you missed the following alter egos the first time around, now's your chance you get a hold of them!

- From the Far East, the enigmatic Tenzen!
- The Springserpent General herself, Mihli Aliapoh!
- Valaineral R Davilles, master of the Uriel Blade!
- Coming to you straight from Abyssea, Joachim!
- Bane of beastmen, the Red Rose Warrior, Noillurie!
- The fiery Elivira, captain of the Gold Musketeers!
- The most patient beastmaster, Lhu Mhakracca!
- Ferreous Coffin, the bringer of white death!
- Gilgamesh, salty samurai of the sea!
- The Tavnazian Terror, Kukki-Chebukki!
- Adoulin's eyes and ears, Margaret!
- Leonoyne, the ice-cold hero of Jugner!
- Maximilian, the cunning commander of the Bastokan 1st Legion!
- Kayeel-Payeel, Master Caster of the Aquarian War Warlocks!

Campaign Period: Sunday, 1 January 2016 at 12:00 a.m. (PST) to Tuesday, 31 January at 6:59 a.m. (PST)

Read on for more details on the alter egos available during New Year's Alter Ego Extravaganza and how to acquire them.
By Pantafernando 2016-12-26 14:27:55  
Quote:
We have confirmed an issue with the NPC “Coelestrox” at Reisenjima, so this NPC has been temporarily deleted.

We will make an announcement later regarding when the NPC will be available again.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing.

? The aforementioned issue was resolved in the maintenance on Dec. 26, 2016 9:00 (PST) and the NPC "Coelestrox" has been restored.
By Calinari 2016-12-28 02:09:50  
Quote:
Get your hands on all-new rewards from Omen and new synthesis recipes utilizing those materials.

No. ALL OF THE NO.

"Hey omen totally blows, what can we do to make it more appealing?" "Fix the lock out times?"

"Nah, Let's add money drops to it!"

*** you square.

Ambuscade Flan, BLM burst set up 100%? Medusa... Pet jobs onry U_u
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-28 02:46:39  
New rewards from Omen? Does that mean we might be getting new sub bosses and the sort? Or just add new accessories to current pools? I didn't expect an Omen update right after it was implemented. Going to have to ask my buddy if he knows anything (he won't lol)

And currently Omen would get ruined if you could spam it. If they add in more stuff there's a chance they could uncap it and give it plenty of playtime for people. Not saying they're going to develop logically, but the lockout is there because people like me quit with nothing to do and the 20 hour lockout on Omen keeps me from finishing it in a week and quitting again.
By Pantafernando 2016-12-28 02:48:46  
Quote:
Announcing the Next Version Update (12/28/2016)

The next version update is scheduled for mid-January.

Get your hands on all-new rewards from Omen and new synthesis recipes utilizing those materials.
Of course, Ambuscade is going to receive its monthly facelift!
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-28 02:50:37  
Maybe stuff with low drop rate dropping from normal mobs?
/shrug
[+]
By Draylo 2016-12-28 02:57:23  
Yay new stuff
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-28 03:10:34  
new rewards from Omen eh? Wonder if they'll add new end bosses/new paths every once in a while or if they mean adding drops to existing enemies
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-12-28 03:24:57  
Most likely random synthesis materials off existing fodder or NMs.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-28 05:54:56  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Most likely random synthesis materials off existing fodder or NMs.

I hope not. I like that they're a gil sink to counter the sparks madness. Or at least they can be random mats from other content, but not the stuff for Omen crafting.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-12-28 09:35:49  
Guessing armor recipes that include the new guild items in combination with a rare material drop they add. I found it very strange that they add those mats for just upgrading, I forsee more uses.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2017-01-01 02:19:22  
Quote:
New Year's Wishes (01/01/2017)

Greeting, adventurers, and Happy New Year!

In 2016, the development and operations teams set the goal of providing you with meaty minor version updates that provide Vana'diel's finest with fresh new experiences.

We've heard all the feedback you've sent to us, which was often pleased, surprised, and at times critical, and your passion for adventuring to Vana'diel has brought us much joy over the past year.
We pledge to continue to create a satisfying FINAL FANTASY XI experience in 2017 as well, and we look forward to spending even more time with you.

One of the best things about 2016 is hearing from them any people who said that they've decided to come back to Vana'diel after a period of absence. We'll continue providing support for returnees going forward, and we hope to continue on this journey with you for some time to come.

This year marks the 30th anniversary of the FINAL FANTASY series as a whole and the 15th Anniversary of FINAL FANTASY XI in particular. It is thanks to your passion and love for Vana'diel that we've been able to come this far, and it humbles us to know that we've brought you joy.
While we are proud that FINAL FANTASY XI has been around for half of the series' existence, we resolve to not be complacent and to work even harder than ever to ensure that each day in Vana'diel is as enjoyable as the last.

Wishing you all the best for 2017 both in-game and out,

Akihiko Matsui
Producer, FINAL FANTASY XI
[+]
By Zubis 2017-01-01 19:51:59  
I think that's a positive letter. We're a year into FFXI being in maintenance mode, and yet the population seems pretty stable.

On Asura it might even be growing a bit.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-01-01 21:58:42  
Zubis said: »
I think that's a positive letter. We're a year into FFXI being in maintenance mode, and yet the population seems pretty stable.

On Asura it might even be growing a bit.

Most likely just more people "giving in" and server transferring, but we do seem to be getting a decent number of returnees and new players as well.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-01-01 22:48:30  
Quote:
Most likely just more people "giving in" and server transferring, but we do seem to be getting a decent number of returnees and new players as well.

While you at it can you make sure they stay Asura? There are strays leaking to Bahamut every few days causing a ruckus.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-01-01 22:55:40  
Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Quote:

While you at it can you make sure they stay Asura? There are strays leaking to Bahamut every few days causing a ruckus.

I don't miss them.
First Page 2 3 ... 113 114 115 ... 201 202 203