2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Adoulin » Alluvion Skirmish - Yorcia
Alluvion Skirmish - Yorcia
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Ramyrez 2015-02-23 10:46:55  
Lye said: »
He's right guys! You should stop sharing information about this new event because Valli and Ramyrez don't like it!

Oh no, I expressed an opinion on an internet forum! This completely stops others from talking about the topic at hand literally however they want!

The conversation is ruined!

Or maybe I just felt the need to vent because I'm sick to the *** of skirmish and its augment system being done over and over with varying degrees of usefulness and almost always high degrees of irritation.

Hell, last I checked you don't even still play the game, so...

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-23 10:48:46  
He's right guys! You should stop sharing information about this new event because Valli and Ramyrez don't like it!

Don't drag me into your silly ***. I WANT you to talk more about it, I WANT you to do it more. I WANT you to spend MILLIONS of gil, and HUNDREDS of hours on this dumb ***.

So when square goes hey guiz guess what, ilvl 129 in march, you can all throw a fit and I can laugh my *** *** off until it hurts.
 Lye
By Lye 2015-02-23 11:05:40  
Ramyrez said: »

I came here for info. Enjoyed reading until you, in your infinite wisdom of all things, decided that everyone needed to know your opinion on this event.

The funny thing: the ONLY person that did the same, in this thread, is Valli. I think you don't like knowing your behavior is so similar.
By Keido 2015-02-23 11:18:46  
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
So when square goes hey guiz guess what, ilvl 129 in march, you can all throw a fit and I can laugh my *** *** off until it hurts.

Not sure this will happen. I mean it very well could but it seems to me they are trying to make Jobs and PPL unique again. It also appears to be the new way of leveling your character. Even if you just do the event to get the base gear it will still replace some other static pieces.

I think COR > BRD because of Evokers and Wizards rolls.

We went with BLM BLM RDM RDM SMN COR and it was very very good. I have not had any success with BLU's going but that is probably more the player than the job its self.

Also its not exclusive to Mages. DRK and SAM do very well as I am sure NIN and THF can too. COR can fill both rolls of book *** or hunter.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-23 11:20:21  
I came here for info. Enjoyed reading until you, in your infinite wisdom of all things, decided that everyone needed to know your opinion on this event.

Nothing about this makes any sense. The thread is simply titled "Alluvion Skirmish - Yorcia". Not "Strageties for skirmish", nor anything other to imply that I should somehow take my feelings on "Alluvion Skirmish - Yorcia" anywhere else.

Not to sound like a broken record, but I'm an active player in the game expressing an opinion on new content. If people partaking in the content want to disagree with me, they're welcome to do so. Hell, so are you.

I just don't see why you even give a damn about strategies for a game you're not presently playing, let alone why you feel the need to give me ***about said opinions.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-02-23 11:22:14  
to get this thread back on track, how do you handle Balamor cheeze killing everything with comet spam? Do you just aim for a level 3 book and then throw super high end valiants at him?

We had a run where he just melted everything we threw at him (byakko/suzaku) so we had to early pop due to time.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-02-23 11:23:27  
Keido said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »

Not sure this will happen. I mean it very well could but it seems to me they are trying to make Jobs and PPL unique again. It also appears to be the new way of leveling your character. Even if you just do the event to get the base gear it will still replace some other static pieces.

I think COR > BRD because of Evokers and Wizards rolls.

We went with BLM BLM RDM RDM SMN COR and it was very very good. I have not had any success with BLU's going but that is probably more the player than the job its self.

Also its not exclusive to Mages. DRK and SAM do very well as I am sure NIN and THF can too. COR can fill both rolls of book *** or hunter.

I did our runs on corsair. Does pretty well keeping folks rolled, though I was experimenting with other rolls as MP never seemed to be an issue for us. Two quick draws or one Leaden Salute/Wildfire was frequently killing things quite nicely.

I wouldn't really want to be a melee in there, though it probably wouldn't be the worst thing to melee out there.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-23 11:24:15  
Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Let's talk about how much inventory space I need now.

Inventory space is a problem as we have now 3 types of stones x 4 subtypes x 3 ranks = 36 items.

Edit: yes, you can store them with npc, but still, even in a couple of runs, quickly the inventory fills, forcing you to warp to adoulin just to store them.
[+]
By mortontony1 2015-02-23 12:09:39  
I have not had any success with BLU's going but that is probably more the player than the job its self.

Aside from a couple 'oops didn't see that guy respawn behind me in my aoe range' moments my blu has been doing pretty well, even with moderate gear.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-23 12:17:36  
Pantafernando said: »
Let's talk about how much inventory space I need now.

Inventory space is a problem as we have now 3 types of stones x 4 subtypes x 3 ranks = 36 items.

Edit: yes, you can store them with npc, but still, even in a couple of runs, quickly the inventory fills, forcing you to warp to adoulin just to store them.
Don't forget the random crafting items and red mage/geomancer spells.
 Shiva.Eightball
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-02-23 12:24:26  
Had a mythic blu with us last night and at one point he made the pussiance go from 100ish to 2500ish in about 10 seconds, think he said he used one his SPs? Idk much about blu but I know we cleared 333 and 444 in like 20-25 mins each.

Ohh I remember him mentioning magic hammer doing 1500 dmg and instant full mp if that helps anyone.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-23 12:27:09  
Shiva.Eightball said: »
Had a mythic blu with us last night and at one point he made the pussiance go from 100ish to 2500ish in about 10 seconds, think he said he used one his SPs? Idk much about blu but I know we cleared 333 and 444 in like 20-25 mins each.

Ohh I remember him mentioning magic hammer doing 1500 dmg and instant full mp if that helps anyone.
Yeah, Blu can do some serious AoE damage to lots of mobs at once with just a spell or two.

And Magic Hammer has always been a nice spell when used properly.
By mortontony1 2015-02-23 12:28:17  
Shiva.Eightball said: »

And yeah magic hammer was pretty amazing. I just don't have quite enough MAB yet >.>
And stupid ra'kaznar skirmish not giving KIs for hagondes gears
By Keido 2015-02-23 12:34:46  
to get this thread back on track, how do you handle Balamor cheeze killing everything with comet spam? Do you just aim for a level 3 book and then throw super high end valiants at him?

We had a run where he just melted everything we threw at him (byakko/suzaku) so we had to early pop due to time.

Hmm our groups have had no issues with him at all. Have killed him with all of the Sinjin. He usually kills the little guys the level 1's but I have never lost the level 3 mobs to him. No one in your party is taking any offensive action against him at all right?

I did our runs on corsair. Does pretty well keeping folks rolled, though I was experimenting with other rolls as MP never seemed to be an issue for us. Two quick draws or one Leaden Salute/Wildfire was frequently killing things quite nicely.

I wouldn't really want to be a melee in there, though it probably wouldn't be the worst thing to melee out there.

Yeah melee on the Ele a little dicey but the butterflies isn't too bad. Which other rolls have you been using? Dancer could also be useful.

mortontony1 said: »
Aside from a couple 'oops didn't see that guy respawn behind me in my aoe range' moments my blu has been doing pretty well, even with moderate gear.

Probably just experience of knowing what to do and when to do it then.
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-02-23 12:42:40  
If you know what you're doing and have a good MAB set, I would actually call BLU the king of this event. Obviously I have my own bias, but it's just so strong for this. Flash nova/sanguine blade for WS, subduction/retinal glare/thermal pulse/charged whisker for magic cleaving, sinker drill 1 or nearly 1shots butterflies. Subduction can gravity Lorissa and make her an absolute joke. Barrier tusk, occultation, magic barrier, erratic flutter, carcharian verve, magic fruit, magic hammer for defensive/utility spells. Magic hammer guarantees you never run out of MP, so you can spam to your heart's content. I can normally cleave 4-5 elementals in the time it takes our BLM/SCH/RDMs to kill 1, maybe 2. Then again, I know just how bad the average BLU is, so I understand.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-02-23 12:44:10  
Yeah melee on the Ele a little dicey but the butterflies isn't too bad. Which other rolls have you been using? Dancer could also be useful.

Even the butterflies take pretty reduced damage.

I started with Warlock's but it soon became apparent magic accuracy wasn't an issue. Regen is good. Conserve MP could also be beneficial for your black mages/red mages, though not so much for your own actions.

Hell, if all else seems pointless, toss up corsair's roll and enjoy a little extra CP. :p
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-02-23 12:45:27  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
Subduction can gravity Lorissa and make her an absolute joke.

Has she been problematic for others? I found she was defeated rather easily most of the time.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-02-23 12:48:32  

Has she been problematic for others? I found she was defeated rather easily most of the time.

I've always found her to be easy, but with the ridiculous amounts of shadows that Occultation gives me, her Hexa was never an issue for me. Some people I've run with have a lot of problems with her, so I always have to come by and cheese her with subduction.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-23 12:50:54  

I've always found her to be easy, but with the ridiculous amounts of shadows that Occultation gives me, her Hexa was never an issue for me. Some people I've run with have a lot of problems with her, so I always have to come by and cheese her with subduction.
My group just drags her *** to the worms and she's toast.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-02-23 12:51:56  

Could just be b/c I'm running w/ blm+cor mostly so -gas and QD/WF/LS bipass that issue.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
サーバ: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-02-23 13:11:52  
Blu is also pretty great not nuking, my Reqs do between 70% on the low end to 1 shotting elementals. The adoulin elements have some scary TP moves but you can try to avoid those to keep them locked up. I was not a big fan of the magic damage strategy when I tried it although my magic damage gear could use some work. With Blu's really good TP gain and only needing to stop to cast Flutter + Meditation you kill elementals very fast this way with almost no downtime (Don't even need to cast flutter if you have a Smn hastega II on teleport). Sanguine also works on non-dark stuff and makes it so you don't have to waste time casting fruit.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-02-23 13:15:02  
Yeah, I really don't know how people have issues with her, but I don't always run with the best of players.

Yeah, BLU can do just fine meleeing, but with our enormous arsenal of AOE capabilities, we bring so much more as a nuker. Granted it's more dangerous, but that's why we have a plethora of defensive spells.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-02-23 13:20:56  
The problem I have is that those defensive spells and offensive spells all take time to cast. With Req spam I can run between mobs killing one every few seconds and immediately going to the next without worry. With AoEing strategy I'm spending time casting occulation, healing myself, buffing myself, and the offensive spells, gathering them together, all that goes into cleaving a bunch of things down. Then you have different elements weak to different things and it just takes so much time. The only spell I really liked for nuking was Rail Cannon because it was a simple fast casting, no buffs required, instant kill spell, but it's on a long CD.
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-02-23 13:37:25  
My SCH is doing pretty well in there. 1 T4 or T5 will 1-shot the elementals, and with Occult Acumen/Myrkr I never run out of MP, so we get points as fast as I can cast as long as it isn't a wind elemental (*** Blink). I also Regenga V on floor up which eliminates any need of healing other mages might need unless you're cleaving like 4 or 5 at a time like some of you BLUs sound like you like to do. For Twitherym I just throw out a Helix and then ignore them until they die from the DoT while going back to Elementals.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-23 13:43:12  
Honestly as BLU i dont cast defensive spells. I set restoral which is a full cure. I idle in dt gear so between casts i dont get rocked. I dont need to "gather then up" either, i just run into a cluster and aoe, then run to singles and 2 shot them with subduction. Butterflies are oneshotted by quadratic/sinker drills from full HP. Was able to kill 10-12 elementals in about 10 seconds, thermal pulse has a wider aoe than subduction so i usually start with it. And due to cycling of subd/thermal/rending, all mobs die in 2-3 spells and 9 times out of 10, i'm killing 3-4 mobs simultaneously. I dont bother with occultation and all that, only when we jump floors, i'll throw up a barrier tusk and erratic flutter but thats about it.

I originally started as sch and could one shot with a t4 or 5 or more preferred i'd tag everything with helices and then run to the next area and they'd all die shortly thereafter but as soon as i swapped to blu, we had a profound difference in kill speed. We were chugging along when i was sch on last 2 floors but when i came blu, we were at like 2-3k puissance basically all the time. Not boasting, just stating my observation that blu aoe nuke is most definitely the best dd for this. They can one shot butterflies with sinker, (instant cast, 4s recast) and 2shot elementals. You can also run into a big cluster and quickly *** if you see any earth or thunder ele, if none, BA+UL+Crashing, if so, Polar Roar. Guaranteed to one shot everything applicable, kill off straggling twitherym with a whirl of rage.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-24 21:07:15  
So, someone got an acro set from a blade eudeamon skirmish?

I bought a stack of blade, so ive been spamming that. From 9 runs, i noticed few pieces of taeon, yurim, zero pieces of acro and lots of helios.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-02-25 21:41:03  
Edit: also lol at people that can't win this with melees. Sure bring a mage or two, but light dd that can /thf and flee or have 18/24% boots is pretty boss for large maps+early points.

Take a good cor, can bolter at start and act like a blu with both physical (savage blade) and magical (wildfire, leaden) to kill any mob.
 Asura.Celoria
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-02-25 22:35:03  
Pantafernando said: »
So, someone got an acro set from a blade eudeamon skirmish?

I bought a stack of blade, so ive been spamming that. From 9 runs, i noticed few pieces of taeon, yurim, zero pieces of acro and lots of helios.

Just got acro feet with 3/3/4 sword

Next run was 4/4/4 sword we got acro feet again but with hands this time

edit: just finished all arco with sword
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-02-26 10:54:28  
Public Service Announcement

Book & Stronghold duty is a 2-man job. If you have 1 person trying to do both, you're just relying on your ability to farm puissance so fast you can overwhelm the enemy with absolute overkill. Works great until it doesn't. If you have a little trouble finding enemies quickly enough, your book person is helpless, or they have to stop attending the book to do some SMN buffs and it'll take them a few moments to get back into the book menus.

This skirmish is a battle of attrition. It's a contest of resources. Getting and spending puissance quickly is the #1 most important factor. One valiant you summon 20 seconds into the wave is worth five or ten valiants later in the wave.

If you use something like Aerial Armor on the first valiant or two, they will kill 2-3 malicious mobs each before dying instead of just 1. Then you'll end up with superior numbers even if puissance doesn't flow in quickly at first, which means your valiants will take less damage before killing enemies, leading your army to grow much faster.

Similarly, almost all damage in this skirmish is done by the regular melee attacks of your valiants. Meaning Hastega2 works out to something like a straight 43% damage increase. The book person, even if they're a SMN, can't Hastega the valiants without leaving the book. This is especially dangerous the further the valiants get from the book.

Lastly, if the book person has to leave the book and run all the way to the stronghold to check its status, this is extremely risky. If instead of finding the Stronghold at low health, they find that the enemy summoned a lot of malicious, wiped out our valiants, and are now on the way back to our marchland, then the SMN now has to race them back to the camp to try to quickly mount a defense and this almost always ends badly. If you had someone hasting the valiants and ready to snipe the stronghold as soon as it hits 1%, then the book person need never leave the book and can continue to pump out valiants until the level is beaten.

Quite simply, there is no reason to leave all this work to 1 person, while you have 5 people out soloing mobs for puissance. 4 people farming puissance is plenty. That 5th person isn't going to speed up puissance farming by a further 43%, but they can speed up the damage of the valiants by 43% plus ensure that the wave ends the very moment the stronghold hits 1% even if our valiants are wiping (which is often the case when the stronghold is ready to be sniped, because valiants will ignore malicious mobs attacking them in order to attack the stronghold which often gets them killed).
[+]
By Ulthakptah 2015-02-26 14:44:40  
I agree with Pergatory. I have done both running the book and out farming puissance. I find there really aren't more than 2 big farming areas on each map, and when three people are in the same area there is a lot of waiting for mobs to pop again. While on the book during a 443, idk how many floors were were in, but the last one there was just too much to handle for one person. puissance was coming in something like 600 at a time, and I couldn't mash buttons fast enough to spend it all while the wave crushed the forces I could churn out and destroyed the base.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8