Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 69 70 71 ... 175 176 177
By Nariont 2019-10-26 18:09:33  
Really would be best to just base the pets level off main hand axe, maybe change relic gloves to just be pet level+ and make the beast affinity merit something different, gives the job its entire pet catalog back that way wouldnt it?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2019-10-27 00:08:02  
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-27 00:20:49  
Only way you're gonna win that bingo is by filling in the squares that won't happen.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-10-27 00:56:34  
LMAO Falkirk <3
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-10-27 02:54:16  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Only way you're gonna win that bingo is by filling in the squares that won't happen.
Hold on I found a realistic win. Native dual wield is not too crazy, pet status ailment removal we already have but would be nice to split it like pup, free space, pretty sure they've already played around with enmity before, and small ftp increases are nothing much

I wanna add something to that bingo that will never happen again though. Allow pets to be counted as party members at least as far as AoEs go... or at least bring back the ascension trick geez
By Nariont 2019-10-27 04:43:42  
clearlyamule said: »
I wanna add something to that bingo that will never happen again though. Allow pets to be counted as party members at least as far as AoEs go... or at least bring back the ascension trick geez

That or just make a separate reward-type JA like maintenance but also add some utility type food that gives effects such as haste/pro/shell etc
 Bismarck.Siggymund
Premium
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Sigmund
By Bismarck.Siggymund 2019-10-27 05:46:30  
This is great, Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk! lol
 Fenrir.Reoko
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Reoko
By Fenrir.Reoko 2019-10-27 10:24:20  
How about the ability to not have pets get stuck on obstacles every few seconds? Put it on a nice long cool down timer so we don't get spoiled.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-27 20:32:48  
So noob question, but unsure, do BST pets have an innate 50% DT like Avatars and Luopans?
I feel like they do, but it doesn't feel like it. My pet takes a lot of damage if the innate DT is there + my DT gear added on it.
 Siren.Attaxia
サーバ: Siren
user: Attaxia
By Siren.Attaxia 2019-10-27 20:41:45  
They have 9% innate pet DT from Stout Servant, that's all I believe.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-27 20:53:09  
Siren.Attaxia said: »
They have 9% innate pet DT from Stout Servant, that's all I believe.

That would make sense, I've not had time to test, but for some reason can't find any info on it, no clue if i've missed some obvious answer or not.
By Nariont 2019-10-27 21:16:30  
the only universal DT bst pets get are from the stout servant trait, various pets have some level of SDT/MDT, but thats about it
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-27 21:21:43  
Nariont said: »
the only universal DT bst pets get are from the stout servant trait, various pets have some level of SDT/MDT, but thats about it

Ah alright, thanks for the response. I must've misunderstood about pet DT. Appreciate it clearing it up. Will adjust sets to compensate for it. Cos I have been doing it wrong.
 Shiva.Malthar
サーバ: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2019-10-28 00:37:41  
I want a slime pet.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
By Asura.Sirris 2019-10-28 01:10:08  
***, give us a slime pet with bonus enmity on Ready moves. There's so much S-E could do to make BST great.
By Felgarr 2019-10-28 04:10:53  
Shiva.Malthar said: »
I want a slime pet.

Hecteyes or Slime? (Hecteyes mobs, when charmed and Sic is used, will cast Ancient Magic if their TP is ~800-1000 ....but if their TP is 1000+ it will do a Hecteyes ability. ....I suspect this logic has something to do with why we've never received a Hecteyes jug pet.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
By Asura.Sirris 2019-10-28 15:58:32  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Bst dps Spreadsheet

I trust it for tp sets pretty well.

however, I went on a long rant several pages back (probably more than once) that I don't fully trust it for weaponskills.

particularly the vit mod for setup 2 with calamity is broken

but also the damage formulas just don't quite line up right for weaponskills.

I haven't figured out how to fix it. I did update tp values from Byrth's original, but the mistakes that are still here are in the original also.

there is not PDL here at all.

its the best I can do.

So Xilk, I went over your spreadsheeet (thanks again btw!), and I did see one thing that jumped out at me- Decimation wasn't set up to carry http://fTP. I was wondering why the numbers were low even after I added the boost from Dolichenus. Adding that brings the numbers in-line with what I see in-game.

Playing with this, and assuming an unrealistic max-buff situation, I get this as the highest damage TP set for master:

ItemSet 367165

Malignance pants open up waist slot for Windbuffet +1 and result in a dps increase.

Gearing beastmaster is weird sometimes and kind of frustrating, lol, because we have access to a quirky mix of gear, but the Malignance set is really great for us.
 Sylph.Snk
サーバ: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2019-10-28 16:13:49  
Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »

This made me laugh more then it should have.

Honestly whatever update they're going to give BST will not save it from the damage that's already been done to the job. Most people still won't play it anymore so whatever SE could add to it is moot.

That last update to MNK was way *** overdue and I'm happy it happened finally but it's going to be lolMNK for a long time after because the devs just don't have their focus in this game like they used to.

BST is a fun job for me but I'm not blind to the fact it's never going to be a real end game job for most people. :(
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-29 06:28:32  
So do Relic Gloves affect Beastial Loyalty or is it just Call Beast? Kinda confused from that.

Edit: Been answered. Thank you.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-10-29 07:28:40  
Asura.Sirris said: »
Malignance pants open up waist slot for Windbuffet +1 and result in a dps increase.

Gearing beastmaster is weird sometimes and kind of frustrating, lol, because we have access to a quirky mix of gear, but the Malignance set is really great for us.

Great job testing out the malignance.

I actually thought about that when first looking at the malignance stats, but forgot to go back and test it... Also, I haven't gotten the malignance legs yet, so hadn't revisited it.

It IS nice to get the haste without the belt finally.

and yeah.. gearing bst is peculiar. welcome to the pain.

Malignance should clear up some inventory, especially for one who favors Aymur AM3.

...unless you are like a certain hate-able person who might use different weapon and has QA 3% on valorous legs...
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-10-29 13:19:37  
Asura.Shiraj said: »
So noob question, but unsure, do BST pets have an innate 50% DT like Avatars and Luopans?
I feel like they do, but it doesn't feel like it. My pet takes a lot of damage if the innate DT is there + my DT gear added on it.
Others answered the question but there is a slight correction here. Avatars don't have an innate 50% DT. Avatars have a 50% PDT... which a long time ago got changed into something that is a separate term from normal pdt/dt though not sure if anyone tested if they changed it back when they implemented the pet dt cap
 Asura.Sirris
By Asura.Sirris 2019-10-30 10:24:09  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Asura.Sirris said: »

Great job testing out the malignance.

I actually thought about that when first looking at the malignance stats, but forgot to go back and test it... Also, I haven't gotten the malignance legs yet, so hadn't revisited it.

It IS nice to get the haste without the belt finally.

and yeah.. gearing bst is peculiar. welcome to the pain.

Malignance should clear up some inventory, especially for one who favors Aymur AM3.

...unless you are like a certain hate-able person who might use different weapon and has QA 3% on valorous legs...

I know what I'm going to be working on for DM campaign this month, and that's QA+3 on Valorous legs. BST doesn't get a great piece for melee legs like other jobs with Samnuha or Kendutsaba +1 or multihit JSE legs. Also, Valorous with QA+3 are going to be BiS for other jobs that I play (DRG).

Another pain point I'm experiencing is gearing for Primal Rend/Cloudsplitter. Valorous doesn't have a magic path. It can roll mab but it's rare. So now you're looking at DM augments for Valorous legs/feet too or trying to get that rare mab roll PLUS a decent WSD roll with fern stones. We aren't on Founder's gear so that's not an option.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-10-30 13:11:06  
.. actually I was refering to Beaztmaster whom I am shamelessly outing as having QA3 on both valorous legs and body...

and which I am still jealous of

as far as Primal Rend/Cloudsplitter goes..

I have DM MAB augments already on Valorous which are quite nice. but really you just want legs and feet. Get Sacro Breastplate instead of augmenting body.
 Asura.Sirris
By Asura.Sirris 2019-10-31 00:56:54  
I figured you were talking about Beazt, he's a lucky dude, I spent the last campaign trying for that augment on legs with no success. Feet would probably be my second target with the native DD stats already on them making them excellent. Body seems like a virtual tie with QA+3 versus Tali'ah +2 unless you had some other melee stats, or maybe that little bit of STP pushing it over the top? Actually I forgot about the DA+2 on Valorous body plus the STP, definitely BiS then unless you need accuracy.
By Nariont 2019-10-31 04:48:08  
Well, you got that free space and only the free space if that version update info is accurate
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-10-31 05:48:41  
thats disappointing.

New pets are always fun. but it does feel like the cheap/lazy way to do an adjustment. It feels like a happy meal toy instead of actually fixing a problem.

Hopefully we get a wave 2 adjustment like other jobs have.
By Nariont 2019-10-31 05:54:21  
New pets might add some nice utility still but yeah, so many things they could atleast touch on, and its just more pets, hopefully theyll be npc i guess
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-10-31 06:01:29  
Nariont said: »
New pets might add some nice utility still but yeah, so many things they could atleast touch on, and its just more pets, hopefully theyll be npc i guess

could be npc, but I highly doubt it. If the pets are really good, I expect high level crafting.

they are adding new synthesis and synergy recipes.
By Felgarr 2019-10-31 06:10:39  
Every single Beastmaster Job trait needs to be removed and re-thought.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 69 70 71 ... 175 176 177