Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 176 177 178
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2016-04-16 16:51:39  
There's an option to 'Find a Skillchain' at http://flippantry.com/skillchain/

It's not quite a list but it could be helpful.
[+]
By hardstyle90 2016-04-18 20:26:40  
Hello everyone. Been trying to do research on Aymur 99iii before I commit to getting one, however there really isnt much updated information on it.

I have a few questions, and any help from Aymur owners would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you! ^^

1. Does the 10% bonus on attack become "16%" when using a warrior pet aka Randy?
2. Dows the attack twice/thrice mean double/triple damage when using physical pet ready moves?, or does it act exactly like pet DA in which an extra white hit is added to the damage.
3. How well is Tegmina Buffet -> Primal Rend working if you have over +130 MAB/ 60MAcc? Also, what are some numbers on a Primal rend -> CDC -> Primal rend close? (On content 135 and below)
4. How is Master damage compared to pet now? I would assume Aymur/Arktoi full top top tier TP set is getting to Spam just as much BLU cdc spam. Is it reasonable to say that could possibly be higher damage output if master also has top top tier MAB set?
5. I dont think I have seen this discussed, but if master has Aymur and top tier TP/MAB Set... Is Aegis bird using snarl after master has been getting to 3000tp then spam Primal Rend not a thing? Its hard to believe that would not work.

Thank you!
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-04-19 21:14:18  
Is there a way to make Gearswap not allow you to use Call Beast with certain jugs? I am always afraid I am going to do it with the expensive ones. I did see that Curing Waltz will cancel itself if I am at full HP, but I don't know what is causing that exactly >.>
By Xilk 2016-04-20 06:21:27  
hardstyle90 said: »
Hello everyone. Been trying to do research on Aymur 99iii before I commit to getting one, however there really isnt much updated information on it.

I have a few questions, and any help from Aymur owners would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you! ^^

1. Does the 10% bonus on attack become "16%" when using a warrior pet aka Randy?
2. Dows the attack twice/thrice mean double/triple damage when using physical pet ready moves?, or does it act exactly like pet DA in which an extra white hit is added to the damage.
3. How well is Tegmina Buffet -> Primal Rend working if you have over +130 MAB/ 60MAcc? Also, what are some numbers on a Primal rend -> CDC -> Primal rend close? (On content 135 and below)
4. How is Master damage compared to pet now? I would assume Aymur/Arktoi full top top tier TP set is getting to Spam just as much BLU cdc spam. Is it reasonable to say that could possibly be higher damage output if master also has top top tier MAB set?
5. I dont think I have seen this discussed, but if master has Aymur and top tier TP/MAB Set... Is Aegis bird using snarl after master has been getting to 3000tp then spam Primal Rend not a thing? Its hard to believe that would not work.

Thank you!

1. The pet attack bonus is +80 on Aymur. Yes, Randy, who gets a +60% attack bonus actually gets +128 attack from Aymur

2. Multi-hits proc on Ready moves from Aymur aftermath, however it is not necessarily double or triple damage. Just like weaponskills who's subsequent hits are not as powerful as the first hit.

3. I recommend you download the bst dps spreadsheet to try to answer these. It is of course, completely dependent on the target and how good each player's gear, etc is. However, typically its better to do Weaponskill >> Ready Move for bst skillchains. The ready moves are typically stronger. Though there is a nice screenshot somewhere of Malthar I believe, doing 100K Primal Rend on Tojil :P.

4. Its difficult to do both significant master damange and significant pet damage at the same time. Mostly it is pet damage. bst main is not going to catch up to CDC blue in damage alone. Pet alone probably beats it situationally.
I'm not sure. I've not done testing to separate out the multihits, however, I did often see a split of 18k, 24k, and 34k Sweeping Gouge from Vickie on some VW nm's the other week. hard to say what other factors were influencing it though. it was by not means a controlled test.

5. On higher content, master engaging is rarely a thing. (curing from AoE is an issue and getting enough acc on both master and pet is not possible on really high stuff)on lower content, master engaging is rarely a thing(Mobs die in 1-2 ready moves)On medium content its more practical.
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-04-22 20:50:06  
any good ways for bst to get job points either solo or duo with someone else?
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-04-24 12:14:35  
has anyone actually gotten a pet critical hit rate%+ on there skirmish axe? Iv gone threw many stacks of stones and have never even seen it show up once. Forget a low %, it just hasnt showed up period.
 Asura.Foreverj
サーバ: Asura
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-24 12:43:54  
Odin.Godofgods said: »

Sih gate use the beam me up warp. Go right then north there's a area with lots of acuex. Use Liz use fireball aoe as much as u can. Should die in 2 fireballs. After acuexs clear the room with the bats and leeches. Go back to acuex.

If better geared and have a puller. Reisenjima flux 3, have puller pull the stuff to u (pigs etc) use cricket 2 tegmina buffet should kill it.

Or u can just get into a magic burst party setting up skillchains.
[+]
By Titanfoo 2016-04-24 13:04:53  
Bst JP's are soo easy to get it amazing that this question is asked, i'm not trying to be a ***, but if you have trouble getting JP's on this job, then don't play anything else.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-05-02 07:00:58  
Titanfoo said: »
Bst JP's are soo easy to get it amazing that this question is asked, i'm not trying to be a ***, but if you have trouble getting JP's on this job, then don't play anything else.

Thanks for that. That was helpful to.. no one.
I never said i was having trouble, i asked what some good ways are. Im still getting back into things from my long time off this game after my father died and moving around a couple times. So forgive me for looking for efficient ways.
[+]
By Linxe 2016-05-04 14:34:17  
Anyone else experienced in Game freezing using Falkirk's LUA?

I've tried to tweak a few things and add a few bits an pieces but im not the greatest at coding. I've probably messed something up along the way?

Linxe_BST.lua

any help appreciated.

thanks

~Linxe
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-05-05 11:35:06  
has anyone gotten pet dt- and pet atk/acc+ on valorous equip??
By Xilk 2016-05-06 11:43:09  
has anyone gotten pet dt- and pet atk/acc+ on valorous equip??

yes

Oh wait, you mean dt-, atk and ACC all on the same piece?

I think so, but its hard to say. Some ppl have posted screenshots, some have compiled a bit on BG, but there is no definitive list.

Its technically possible, but probably statistically improbable.
By Xilk 2016-05-06 12:34:14  

Its hard to give a straight answer here.
It depends on how good you and the other bst are.

IMO, the introduction of ilvl's and Job Points has blurred comparisons.
Instead of leveling up past level 99, we equip gear to level up to 119. However, there's a huge difference betweeen 0 JP, 100 JP, 1200 JP and 2100 JP.

Camps that you can manage in a duo will be very different.

the BEST lowman CP for BST is when you are killing AoE. Groups of maps either in large pulls or quick succession.

I've never done the Acuex Camps, so I can't say where those are, but apparently they take extra damage from Fire (Patrick).

Other popular places are eft and buggard in Zitah (lower level/easier);
Dragon/Puks in Zi'tah (overused right now because of Ambuscade); Varios camps in Reisenjima.

If you are going to do a large pull, you and your pet need to survive the pull and heal in between. Otherwise you kill smaller groups of 2~5 mobs at a time and keep a continuous flow going.

In order for some of these camps to work, you need enough Pet Acc/Att OR Pet MAcc/MAB to kill in preferably 1~2 Ready moves.

In my experience, if it takes 3x ready moves, you or your pet are taking too much damage.

Good pets for AoE killing:
Patrick
Ken
Bertha/Xerin
Peter

bst are also used to setup quick skillchians for magic burst parties.
usually using patrick to make a quick fire or lightning skillchain on apex crabs in Doh Gates.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-05-09 13:11:50  
well the other bst would be me as well. So the other bst skill would be fairly equal to mine. - Iv done a good bit of aoeing in zitah on dragons/puks. Gotten to atleast 100jps on each. But i was going for xp/sparks during campaign most of the time. But to target jps specifically, its a little slow. I havnt done Acuex or apex mobs, so i dont rly no how they would fair in terms of reward or effort to kill.
 Quetzalcoatl.Chalek
user: Chalek
By Quetzalcoatl.Chalek 2016-05-12 21:43:13  
Hello guys

Problems with Bst lua

i do have a problem, for some reason valor pieces arent swaping, everything does but valor with pet augmnets arent, does anyone know why or have same problem?
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-05-14 15:30:16  
For pet pdt- would Valorous rly be better then skirmish equip? Valorous does have -5% and vit+10 (not rly sure how much vit+10 rly affects it). And skirmish does go only to -4% (1% less) but you can add other things like def, regen, acc/atk if needed. Where as valorous would be what ever random augments you got with the pet pdt -5%. - I havnt augmented for pet pdt on valorous so not sure what is most likely.
 Shiva.Xenorex
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xenorex
By Shiva.Xenorex 2016-05-15 12:13:12  
Regarding valor Vs Acro, I think it's more about preference and whether you want to build a pure PDT and MDT set. I built acro with -DT, Def and Regen, I won't be building a PDT set out of Valor for 1 more percentage of PDT. I don't have faith I won't get caught in my PDT set while magic dmg goes off or vice versa, therefore I like the more well rounded DT + regen set which covers both.
[+]
By Xilk 2016-05-16 13:40:57  
For pet pdt- would Valorous rly be better then skirmish equip? Valorous does have -5% and vit+10 (not rly sure how much vit+10 rly affects it). And skirmish does go only to -4% (1% less) but you can add other things like def, regen, acc/atk if needed. Where as valorous would be what ever random augments you got with the pet pdt -5%. - I havnt augmented for pet pdt on valorous so not sure what is most likely.

And there is no definitive answer.
I had this discussion a few weeks ago with Falkirk. IIRC his points were that really high level stuff likely has attack so high you 125 def doesn't matter, or ignores def altogether, so the -dt is better for those.

However I think plenty of other content, especially mobs or groups of mobs at more reasonable levels, the def/dt/regen combo will probably go further.
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Brimstone
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2016-05-23 10:39:04  
Grumpy Cat said: »
Is there a way to make Gearswap not allow you to use Call Beast with certain jugs? I am always afraid I am going to do it with the expensive ones. I did see that Curing Waltz will cancel itself if I am at full HP, but I don't know what is causing that exactly >.>

Yes, I have a Mote derivative where I've added this (and from the comments looks like a Falkirk derivative as well):
Code
function handle_callbeast(cmdParams)
	-- add_to_chat(124,'Loyalty '..state.loyalty.value)
 	if not cmdParams[2] then
        add_to_chat(123,'Error: No Pet command given.')
        return
    end
    local petcall = cmdParams[2]
	if call_beast_items[petcall] ~= nil then
		gear.Broth.name = call_beast_items[petcall]
		if state.loyalty.value == 'true' then
			send_command('input /ja "Bestial Loyalty" <me>')
			add_to_chat(2,'Loyalty on, type //loyalty to turn off and consume jugs')
		else
			send_command('input /ja "Call Beast" <me>')
		end
	else
		add_to_chat(123,'Unknown Pet:'..petcall)
	end
end

You'll need to have something like this in your job_setup():

Additionally you'll need to alias loyalty:
alias loyalty gs c cycle loyalty
(I think, I have a alias.txt file executed by init.txt which sets a bunch of stuff like this, or you can bind to a key via gear swap)

I also have aliases for all the jugs in there so I type //bertha and it is something like:
alias bertha gs c callbeast BouncingBertha

Sorry I don't remember the alias commands, I can put all this on github and send you a link tonight though. (at work now, I had some on github but not the alias.txt file)

Additionally you can put call_beast_items table in your organizer_items list and organizer will grab all the jugs and put them in your inventory.

I could show you how to detect the call beast/beastial loyalty timers and have it use CB only if BL is on a timer, or have it use one or the other based on the jug. (i guess you could combine those and have them do primary and back up depending on 'expensive' and 'cheap' jug lists) I opted for the manual control because I don't want to accidentally lose an expensive jug.
 Lakshmi.Cadant
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: cadant
By Lakshmi.Cadant 2016-05-24 23:19:19  
I just resubbed. I was hoping someone could tell me which pieces of reforged af/relic/emp are worth making anymore? Don't really wanna search through 38 pages
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-05-24 23:45:20  
Lakshmi.Cadant said: »
I just resubbed. I was hoping someone could tell me which pieces of reforged af/relic/emp are worth making anymore? Don't really wanna search through 38 pages

Falk keeps the front page up to date. Just look there.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2016-05-25 01:47:03  
Lakshmi.Cadant said: »
ote | Reply  | Report | Score: 0 +

Just as a quick recommendation, AF1 body/AF2 feet/AF3 hands are must-haves to 119. AF2 hands/legs to 109 for macro pieces? Some other pieces are good too but I think these are required.
 Sylph.Shikkousha
user: Ikariffxi
By Sylph.Shikkousha 2016-06-01 12:04:32  
I've got my BST 119'd, full Taeon and the good 119 AF1/AF2 pieces. I'm looking to take the next step into Raisenjima/Escha and wondering where to start.

What can I solo? What should I be doing to make progress in these areas to move past my Taeon/AF? What is the next thing I should be shooting for?

I'm looking for both BST and GEO gear, if that helps.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-06-01 13:36:07  
Sylph.Shikkousha said: »
I've got my BST 119'd, full Taeon and the good 119 AF1/AF2 pieces. I'm looking to take the next step into Raisenjima/Escha and wondering where to start.

What can I solo? What should I be doing to make progress in these areas to move past my Taeon/AF? What is the next thing I should be shooting for?

I'm looking for both BST and GEO gear, if that helps.

When you say you have full Taeon, does that mean you have a DT set, physical ready move set and magical ready move set? And do you have the AF3 hands? Charmers Merlin? Anwig Salade? What axes are you using? There's a lot to figure out before things can be suggested to you.
 Sylph.Shikkousha
user: Ikariffxi
By Sylph.Shikkousha 2016-06-01 15:27:25  
I've got a good physical ready set, and decent (but not maxed) DT and magical ready move sets.

I have AF3 109 hands, but don't have the Vagary clear for 119.

Yes on Charmers, Anwig, and Desultor.

I've got a 119 (1) Guttler, Mdomo/+1, Buramgh/+1, and the gil to max out an Arktoi, which is probably a good idea with the 50 pet accuracy/attack, I would imagine. I've got enough wings to get the Alluvion Skirmish axe as well.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2016-06-02 09:46:21  
I'm kind of in that same boat. I do have a GEO partner so I'm not solo, but I'm looking at what we can do in Escha as BST + GEO. So far I've only done basic stuff.
 Shiva.Xenorex
By Shiva.Xenorex 2016-06-04 10:38:14  
You should be able to clear all T1 in zi tah fairly easily solo. Then work through the T2s, may have a few deaths, but you should be able to clear those. Then on to escha sky where you should be able to follow the same pattern minus a couple T2 that are tricky solo for bst. Some bst have managed to solo T3 in zi tah, my bst is a bit more maxed out than whats described above and the T3 keep killing me solo. Once you have all that down you'll have a lot of vorseals (that helps make it easier) and there is a lot of random gear that can be useful for some jobs. Reisen T1s can start to be cleared with bst duo's or bst +geo, but solo you just run out of time even if you can survive. I usually roll with trusts, 2 tank, 1 or 2 healer 1 or 2 support and rely on the pet to do all the work. The trusts are really just there to provide a distraction, do some buffs/debuffs etc. Also, for many of the T1/T2 you can use Roche, he still hits hard, resists a lot of stuff and most importantly he stands at a short range from the NMs, much farther than other jugs and in turn you can stand back from him farther as well. (total of +3-5 yalms added distance between you and NM compared to Randy) So if you max your standing range you can get past a lot of the AoE, some mobs you don't have to move at all once you get in the right spot, just spam ready and use reward.
 Ragnarok.Figster
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: polorat12
By Ragnarok.Figster 2016-06-10 00:21:03  
I'm an old bst, like charm was the only way to get decent pets and jugs were just thrown at mobs til they died and you called another. Anyway, just came back to the game after a long break and I thought I'd get into it again but I don't know how it's supposed to be played anymore. What gear sets are we using? I'm assuming melee, ws, reward, and ready but I see pet acc and pet pdt is a thing now too. Are we fighting alongside the pet still? Does our damage matter? How are you guys killing nm's that are wrecking everyone else? I'm a bit confused.
 Shiva.Xenorex
By Shiva.Xenorex 2016-06-12 10:06:52  
The relevant sets are on the first page of this guide/thread. Mostly pet centric, we melee seldom, even though range to use ready has been nerfed we can stand back out of range of short AoE and of course avoid conal attacks. If you get real good at it you can time running in and out to avoid longer AoE ranges to use ready and reward. The most important two sets for a returning bst would be a good -DT set for the pet and an ACC set. Then layer in attack as you get job point gifts and need less and less acc. A good Macc and Mab set are nice to haves, especially for AoE farming, but even the best ones don't make our pet magic based ready moves relevant on content over level 122 or 125 ish.
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-06-12 10:12:00  
Plenty of examples here of what BSTs do these days.

https://www.youtube.com/c/Beaztmaster
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 176 177 178