フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Zeni Notorious Monster Farming Guide
Zeni Notorious Monster Farming Guide
 Bismarck.Branden
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Branden
By Bismarck.Branden 2015-02-18 10:30:55  
Zeni Notorious Monster Farming Guide

Since more and more people are building mythics now and a lot of people have been asking how to efficiently farm ZNM's, I decided to put together this guide to help.

A quick background from wiki:
Zeni Notorious Monsters are spawned by trading a pop item to ??? around Aht Urhgan. The pop items are obtained from Sanraku at (E-8) in Aht Urhgan Whitegate in exchange for zeni. When spawned, the pop item is lost and the monster appears. A full alliance of 18 can engage these ZNMs using one pop item. These are normal battles, not battlefields.

The amount of zeni that a pop item costs varies with level of demand (a player purchasing a pop item will cause its price to rise by 100 zeni, and it will gradually drop back down over time) and with the tier of ZNM (higher tiers cost more zeni). Following a server maintenance, the price for all pop items is set to minimum.

After defeating a ZNM, a "trophy" item bearing the defeated ZNM's name is dropped. It can be taken back to Sanraku, who will give you a colored seal key item in return. The seals allow the bearer one chance at purchasing a higher tier item (zeni is still required for purchase). These are temporary key items and once you purchase a pop item from Sanraku for a higher tier ZNM, the lower tier seal is lost. For example: If you kill Cheese Hoarder Gigiroon in Tier 1 you will get a Key Item Maroon Seal upon turning in Gigiroon's Cape; now you want to kill Iriz Ima in Tier 2. As soon as you purchase the pop item for Iriz Ima your KeyItemMaroon Seal will be lost. In order to purchase another, you must turn in another trophy item that bestows a Key Item Maroon Seal.

Farming Zeni
From Wiki:
Zeni is obtained by trading in Soul Plates to Sanraku, who is located at (E-8) in Aht Urhgan Whitegate. To obtain Soul Plates, you need Blank Soul Plates and a Soultrapper, both of which can be purchased from Zandjarl, located at (F-7) in The Colosseum, in exchange for Jettons (Zandarl exchanges imperial currency for jettons as well).

I've found the Naul in Abyssea- Tahrongi provide the best return for soul plates. They are located SW of flux # 3. Trading these soul plates to Sanraku can give around 1500 zeni each. Make sure you are standing directly in front of them at about 3' away

ZNM Efficient Kill Path

Below I've found to be the most efficient kill path. I recommend setting your home point to the Aht Urghan #4 HP crystal by the mog house.

The ??? takes 3 minutes between kills to repop if you're going with other people/mules to farm multiple PW pops at once- remember to save the additional T4 pops for your lvl 90 trial before converting them to PW Keys! Thanks to the Saitahiraita Blog for the maps

Grab T1 pops for Brass Borer and Claret and head out to the Halvung Staging Point to get started

Step Path Tier NM Name Result Trade for Pop Item:
1 Troll T1 Brass Borer Troll T2 Anantaboga
2 Troll T1 Claret Troll T2 Dextrose

Head back to Sanraku and trade the Brass Borer Cocoon and Claret Gobule for the next set of pops:

3 Troll T1 Brass Borer Troll T2 Anantaboga
4 Troll T2 Anantaboga Troll T3 Khromasoul Bhurbular
5 Troll T2 Dextrose Troll T3 Achamoth

Anantaboga can use Maiden's Virelai- although it will most likely be fully resisted with iLvl gear. Travel all the way south on Vozold Isle to get to map 2 Halvung and pop Dextrose. You'll need a Bracelet of Verve KI if soloing or low-manning this.

6 Troll T3 Khromasoul Bhurbular Troll T4A Sarameya
7 Troll T2 Anantaboga Troll T3 Nosferatu
8 Troll T3 Achamoth Troll T4B Sarameya

Achamoth is found just past the Dextrose pop area after you fall down the ledge on map 2

9 Troll T3 Nosferatu Troll T4C Sarameya
10 Lamia T1 Chigre Lamia T2 Verdelet/Wulgaru

The entrance to this map of Aydeewa Subterrane is at G7 in Wajaom Woodlands. Chigre is found at E8 on the same map above

*Nosferatu has an extremely potent Dread Spikes to watch out for which can kill even a 119 player. Nocturnal Servitude is a charm effect and Eternal Damnation is doom, both of which will most likely be resisted at 119.

11 Troll T4 Sarameya PW A Pandemonium Warden

Purchase a Silver Sea Salt KI from Sanraku prior to heading out to Halvung Staging Point

12 Lamia T2 Verdelet/Wulgaru Lamia T3 Nuhn

This can be either Verdelet or Wulgaru, it really doesn't matter.

13 Lamia T1 Chigre Lamia T2 Wulgaru

14 Lamia T2 Wulgaru Lamia T3 Experimental Lamia
15 Mamool T1 Cheese Hoarder Gigiroon Mamool T2 Iriz Ima

Next it's time to head out to Azouph Isle Staging Point for the trek through Arrapago Reef

From Azouph Isle Staging Point, head to I-7, in Caedarva Mire. There is a swamp with a ??? behind a Jnun that will give you a free Lamian Fang Key which you will need for a locked door in Arrapago. These keys can also be farmed from the merrows and draugars in the Reef. Zone into Arrapago at I-6 in Caedarva

16 Lamia T1 Lil Apkallu/Velionis Lamia T2 Wulgaru
17 Lamia T3 Nuhn Lamia T4A Tyger
18 Lamia T3 Experimental Lamia Lamia T4B Tyger

19 Mamoool T2 Iriz Ima Troll T3 Dea

Iriz Ima is a quick chocobo ride away from Al Zahbi

Head to Nyzul Isle Staging Point first to kill Wulgaru and Cheese Hoarder and then use Escape to end up near Dea's pop in Bhaflau Thickets

20 Lamia T2 Wulgaru Lamia T3 Mahjaef the Paintorn
21 Mamool T1 Cheese Hoarder Gigiroon Mamool T2 Iriz Ima
22 Mamool T3 Dea Mamool T4A Tinnin

23 Mamoool T2 Iriz Ima Mamool T3 Armed Gears

Before heading out to Nyzul Isle Staging Point, switching to a job that can use Requiescat will be extremely helpful for the next couple NMs

24 Mamool T3 Armed Gears Mamool T4B Tinnin
25 Mamool T1 Cheese Hoarder Gigiroon Mamool T3 Gotoh Zha the Redolent
26 Lamia T3 Mahjaef the Paintorn Lamia T4C Tyger

Mahjaef can be reached by going to the H8 portal in Alzaadal Undersea Ruins, (the NW portal in Nyzul) then take the east portal to zone out to Caedarva Mire Hediva Isle

*Armed Gears has an extremely high PDT but using Requiescat will make quick work of it.
*Mahjaef also has a very high PDT after he uses Immortal Shield that can be bypassed with Requiescat

27 Lamia T4 Tyger PW B Pandemonium Warden

Purchase a Cyan Deep Salt KI from Sanraku prior to heading out to Tyger. Follow the same route to get to Mahjaef in Caedarva Mire Hediva Isle and go further NE on the map

28 Mamoool T2 Iriz Ima Mamool T3 Gotoh Zha the Redolent

29 Mamoool T3 Gotoh Zha the Redolent Mamool T4C Tinnin

30 Mamoool T4 Tinnin PW C Pandemonium Warden

Purchase a Sicklemoon Salt KI from Sanraku prior to chocoboing out to Wajaom Woodlands H-13

Tinnin starts out with only 1 head and will periodically respawn another head. He can't be killed until all 3 heads have been regenerated

To get to Pandemonium Warden, zone into Aydeewa Subterrane from Wajaom Woodlands F-11.

He has 11 forms, starting with each of the 4 Salvage I chariot bosses, then the 3 TOAU kings and finally the 3 ZNM bosses. Once you kill one form he will move onto the next, ending with his final Dvergar form. Each form only has about 10k-20k hp so can be killed quickly. However, there are a few forms that can be dangerous if not killed fast enough:

• Battleclad Chariot- can use Discoid which acts as a 10k needles. MDT reduces this damage taken but can be deadly for low man groups and will kill trusts (except moogle)

• Long Armed Chariot- can use Brainjack which is single target charm

His final form is the most dangerous. At 75%, 50% and 25% all his lamps turn into avatars and Astral Flow. If you do not have enough damage, a good measure to mitigate some of the damage is to spread out all support/mules 30' a part- they will draw some of the avatars away so that all players will take reduced astral flows. A fast zerg taking him from 100% to 0 is the most effective

Below is the full path for ZNM's:

1 Troll T1 Brass Borer Troll T2 Anantaboga
2 Troll T1 Claret Troll T2 Dextrose
- - - - -
3 Troll T1 Brass Borer Troll T2 Anantaboga
4 Troll T2 Anantaboga Troll T3 Khromasoul Bhurbular
5 Troll T2 Dextrose Troll T3 Achamoth
- - - - -
6 Troll T3 Khromasoul Bhurbular Troll T4A Sarameya
7 Troll T2 Anantaboga Troll T3 Nosferatu
8 Troll T3 Achamoth Troll T4B Sarameya
- - - - -
9 Troll T3 Nosferatu Troll T4C Sarameya
10 Lamia T1 Chigre Lamia T2 Verdelet/Wulgaru
- - - - -
11 Troll T4 Sarameya PW A Pandemonium Warden
- - - - -
12 Lamia T2 Verdelet/Wulgaru Lamia T3 Nuhn
- - - - -
13 Lamia T1 Chigre Lamia T2 Wulgaru
- - - - -
14 Lamia T2 Wulgaru Lamia T3 Experimental Lamia
15 Mamool T1 Cheese Hoarder Gigiroon Mamool T2 Iriz Ima
- - - - -
16 Lamia T1 Lil Apkallu/Velionis Lamia T2 Wulgaru
17 Lamia T3 Nuhn Lamia T4A Tyger
18 Lamia T3 Experimental Lamia Lamia T4B Tyger
- - - - -
19 Mamoool T2 Iriz Ima Troll T3 Dea
- - - - -
20 Lamia T2 Wulgaru Lamia T3 Mahjaef the Paintorn
21 Mamool T1 Cheese Hoarder Gigiroon Mamool T2 Iriz Ima
22 Mamool T3 Dea Mamool T4A Tinnin
- - - - -
23 Mamoool T2 Iriz Ima Mamool T3 Armed Gears
- - - - -
24 Mamool T3 Armed Gears Mamool T4B Tinnin
25 Mamool T1 Cheese Hoarder Gigiroon Mamool T3 Gotoh Zha the Redolent
26 Lamia T3 Mahjaef the Paintorn Lamia T4C Tyger
- - - - -
27 Lamia T4 Tyger PW B Pandemonium Warden
- - - - -
28 Mamoool T2 Iriz Ima Mamool T3 Gotoh Zha the Redolent
- - - - -
29 Mamoool T3 Gotoh Zha the Redolent Mamool T4C Tinnin
- - - - -
30 Mamoool T4 Tinnin PW C Pandemonium Warden
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-02-18 10:39:10  
excellent layout on the paths, much easier to follow than that jp blog(is it the same path setup?)
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-18 11:08:08  
This needs to be stickied.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-02-18 11:10:56  
Geez that's a lot of steps. I just do this.

Step 1: Go get Chigre, Ob and rat.
-You have to do Chigre by itself.
-Ob and rat can be done together.

Step 2: Chigre, Ob, rat, Iriz, Wul and dahak
-Dahak has to be done by itself.
-Ob, rat and wul together
-Chigre, Iriz together.

Step 3: Chigre, Ob, Rat, Iriz, Wul, dahak, Armed gears, vamp and soulflayer
-Chigre, Iriz and vamp together
-Ob, rat, Wul, armed gears together and zone NW to kill soulflayer
-Dahak by itself

Step 4: Chigre, Ob, Rat, Iriz, Wul, Dahak, Dea, Moth
-Chigre, Iriz together
-Ob, Rat, Wul, together and zone SW to kill Dea
-Dahak, Moth together, escape from Halv will put you at the entrance

Step 5: Chigre, Ob, Rat, Iriz, Wul, Dahak, Mamool, Troll
-Chigre, Iriz, Mamool together
-Ob, Rat, Wul, Dea together
-Dahak, Troll together

Step 6: Nuhn and Lamia

Step 7: Tier4s

Step 8: PW

For more PW pops, because we all need more than 1, just repeat Step 3 through 8. If you don't need more PWs, you can stop killing tier1/2/3 when appropriate. Within every group, each NM is just a short walk away. No reason to just get 1 ZNM pop, get trophy and return to the old man for the next ZNM pop.
[+]
 Bismarck.Branden
By Bismarck.Branden 2015-02-18 14:05:55  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Geez that's a lot of steps. I just do this.

No matter how you do it, you still have 30 kills to build a PW key. There's definitely more than one way to do this (and it's probably better that not everyone does it the same way so zeni prices are more controlled). If you group your steps together similar to mine you have about 18 steps as opposed to 8 i.e.
Quote:
Step 1: Go get Chigre, Ob and rat.
-You have to do Chigre by itself.
then
Quote:
Ob and rat can be done together.
Mine has 17 groups so they're about the same. I typically kept Iriz by himself in mine just because he's so close to Al Zahbi and a quick warp back but grouping him with chigre like you did is also an idea. Doing Ob while you're in Nyzul works it's just that Brass Borer and Claret are so conveniently close to each other and grabbing the third T1 pop while you're running through Mt Zhayolm the second time through is easy enough.

There are places where it would be pretty easy to start working on a second PW pop as you're finishing the first pop that I might add to the guide
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-02-18 14:27:13  
Pretty good, but there are a few things not included here. For one thing, Reacton is not used at all, despite the fact that with the KI that opens those Halvung lever doors. Killing him just after Dextrose would save a you an extra trip. Another thing to note is that there are now Survival Guides and Home Points in a few of these zones (though aside from the Execution Chamber one, they might be of limited use).

I generally buy all NMs, because I'm stingy with my Zeni, and usually doing these with my brothers so we have multiple sets going. I will avoid any NMs that have their price jacked way up though (which have always been the ones Ihina's method lists). The way I see it, wasting excess Zeni on tier 1-2 guys that I can skip means I have to waste time taking more pictures.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2015-02-18 14:36:55  
Do cheese/ob 3 times for t1. They are very close to each other. For khim path do apkallu and velonis 3 times total right next to each other. For t2 do Iriz ima, wulgaru and antabogna 3 times each (there's a hp in mount z close). You might spend extra Zeni but saves you a crapload of time.
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2015-02-18 16:13:09  
Its simple you buy as many pops as you can for each nm and do as many nms as you can in one circuit/route.

Azouph > imp > key > apkallu > qutrub > skeleton > nuhn > lamia,

Halvung > borer > claret > sarameya > troll > dahak > dextrose > reacton > achamoth,

Malboro > dea,

iriz > gotoh > nosferatu > chigre,

Ruins nms > flayer > tyger.

lastly you change to a requis job and do your 3-4 armed gears pops which you dboxed yourself ,thats 3 PW pops and 1 set for balrahn.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-02-18 17:31:34  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Pretty good, but there are a few things not included here. For one thing, Reacton is not used at all, despite the fact that with the KI that opens those Halvung lever doors.
Not true now. A while ago, they added a mini-quest to obtain a KI to allow people to open those lever doors solo.

Halvung Lever Door Quest
 Bismarck.Branden
By Bismarck.Branden 2015-02-18 18:22:31  
Sylph.Krsone said: »
Its simple you buy as many pops as you can for each nm and do as many nms as you can in one circuit/route.

If only it was that simple. The problem is that you have to trade the lower tier trophies back to Sanraku to purchase the higher tier pop item.

Quote:
Azouph > imp > key > apkallu > qutrub > skeleton > nuhn > lamia
That route alone includes 2 T2, 3 T1 and 2 T3 mobs. You'd definitely need to go back to Sanraku a few times before doing all those. Of course, there's an opportunity to do something like this if you were soloing multiple PW pops in the same go around, just need to set up the extra T2 and T3 pops ahead of warping out.
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2015-02-18 22:01:14  
What you're saying is obvious, first time around will just be t1s then t2s ands t1s then t3s t2s and t1s then from here on you will always have all three tiers.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2015-02-18 22:04:55  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Pretty good, but there are a few things not included here. For one thing, Reacton is not used at all, despite the fact that with the KI that opens those Halvung lever doors.
Not true now. A while ago, they added a mini-quest to obtain a KI to allow people to open those lever doors solo.

Halvung Lever Door Quest

Thats what he is saying its worth doing now as the door is openable solo.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1274 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2018-08-15 13:42:33  
Sorry for necroing a super old post, but is there any way to speed up Tinnin's regen/head pop rate? :/
 Asura.Kuztastic
user: RobKuz
By Asura.Kuztastic 2018-08-15 14:08:54  
Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas said: »
Sorry for necroing a super old post, but is there any way to speed up Tinnin's regen/head pop rate? :/

Nope. Auto-attack and go make a sammich for 15 mins.
One of the single biggest wastes of time when it comes to Zeni monsters/Mythics
 Asura.Cloudblade
By Asura.Cloudblade 2018-08-16 00:36:55  
I actually had Tinnin either glitch or something unknown happened once as he died without growing any extra heads once. I have sadly not been able to replicate it.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1038 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Gabvanstronger
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Gabvanstronger 2021-06-18 15:21:11  
Out of curiosity, can you use a Soultrapper 2000 with the cheap blank soulplates? Or is it only usable with the 500 jettons soul plates?
 Shiva.Berzerk
サーバ: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-06-18 15:43:41  
You can use the cheap blank ones w/ the Soultrapper 2000
[+]