フォーラム » FFXI » General » [dev1241] Final Adoulin Quest Rewards
[dev1241] Final Adoulin Quest Rewards
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10
 Fenrir.Nauta
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Anjou
By Fenrir.Nauta 2014-11-07 13:41:39  
That Geomancy Skill + Ring will be the 3rd item that has geomancy skill +. I wonder if it will be worth getting?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-11-07 13:48:18  
Fenrir.Nauta said: »
That Geomancy Skill + Ring will be the 3rd item that has geomancy skill +. I wonder if it will be worth getting?

Isn't 800 skill the current tier?
By Chyula 2014-11-07 13:56:18  
Asura.Ccl said: »
Chyula's here so I'm out!

And why are you guys implying Natenn is a very bad dd ?

Why you hating?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-11-07 14:00:57  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
In theory but you probably use a combo of DRing+Dark Ring/Patricius to even approach the 50% cap. You would have to sacrifice some of those %s to use the ring. However in the instance of Rune Fencer Qaaxo Tights Path C and their -5PDT begins to have an interesting niche with regards to this scenario.

You can hit PDT-50% cap on RUN without the 2nd ring slot (and then use JSE/Ergon GS and Vocance Ring for DT II- to hit -58%/-78% respectively):

10%: D.Ring (10%)
18%: JSE cape with max augs (8%, from base PDT-3% + DT-5% aug)
25%: Futhark+1 body (7%)
41%: 4/5 Iuitl+1 or equivalent - e.g. Umuthi hands (4% each)
46%: Twilight neck (5%)
50%: Flume Belt/+1 (4%)

Lacking JSE cape augs, could tweak things with Colossus's Earring or DT- augmented Black Earrings (but at a pretty high cost from good earrings like, say, Trux/Brutal), Mollusca Mantle DT-5%, Path C Iutil legs DT-5%.

Of course, dedicating this reward to a RUN tanking build would take a pretty damn dedicated RUN player, even if it does directly address RUN's main tanking weakness. I'm mildly tempted but doubt I'd go through with it.

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
[*]Schneddick Ring: Resist+15 is just lol. Like Seriously. Move Speed +18% is just meaningless at this point

I can imagine people outfitting a non-crafting WHM mule with this one, it's pretty annoying to dual box and have to sacrifice movement speed gear on main so I don't leave the mule behind. No, I'm not wasting Herald's Gaiters on a mule (the real answer is that WHM BLM reforged Empy feet need movement speed+12%, there's no need to protect Gaiters' uniqueness at this point in the game's life)

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
No one actually picked a refresh earring... TP bonus ONRY. Refresh was harder to come by back then though... Now everyone has a gjallerhorn. And GEO. And 6 pieces of refresh gear.

A mage-only character (my WHM BLM mule, for instance) has no real use for TP Bonus earring, so Refresh is the obvious choice whether you're rolling with heavy support or not.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
サーバ: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-11-07 14:04:53  
I wish they would add a new physical TP ring, the current ones of Rajas (10 years old?), Epona's (4 years old?), Oneiros, and the only real Adoulin one K'ayres seems like so few. and K'ayres is pretty situational compared to the others. The WSD ring is cool but we already seem to be pretty well off on WS rings with the few months old elemental rings.
By FaeQueenCory 2014-11-07 14:23:39  
The real curiosity about that DT2 ring...
Is the MDT2.
Does MDT2 have a 50% cap as well? This is the first time we've been able to see.

And while it might not change gearing exactly, it is of interest to know because then Aegis alone would cap MDT2...
Plus it's nice to know if it is "wasted" or not. (At least in terms of MDT.)

Quetzalcoatl.Waffless said: »

828 838 is the highest attainable, but the current tier begins at 720.
The next tier should be at 900...
So...
The GEO ring is basically *just* a refresh piece...
For now.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-11-07 14:25:45  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
I can imagine people outfitting a non-crafting WHM mule with this one, it's pretty annoying to dual box and have to sacrifice movement speed gear on main so I don't leave the mule behind. No, I'm not wasting Herald's Gaiters on a mule (the real answer is that WHM BLM reforged Empy feet need movement speed+12%, there's no need to protect Gaiters' uniqueness at this point in the game's life)

One of the advantage of using a ring for movement speed+ is more defense when running around, if you can cap PDT- without 1 ring slot.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-11-07 14:30:30  
Definitely going with the Karieyh Ring so I can always start a fight with Aftermath 3.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-11-07 14:33:44  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Definitely going with the Karieyh Ring so I can always start a fight with Aftermath 3.

"afk 30 minutes while i get my 3000TP!"
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-11-07 14:35:06  
Cerberus.Spirachub said: »

Oh hmm... didn't do the math there. Well, sometimes everyone else is 30 minutes late!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-11-07 14:39:33  
The benefit of using the movement speed ring is that if you have an augmented Dark Ring as your second idle ring, you can replace it with this. This would free up your feet to have iLvl gear while idle, which would increase your iLVL average, which helps the level correction formula for damage and such. Also, assuming you augment your skirmish feet+1, your feet would have both PDT and MDT on the on top of the large DEF, evasion, and magic evasion bonuses.

The only job that wouldn't benefit from this is NInja during Dusk to Dawn times, since they can equip AF119 feet.

I'm not trying to make a case that this is a great ring, only that for general purposes, it's not bad.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-07 14:41:18  
eslim said: »
actually, it would take 3 mins.

1 tic 3 seconds +5 tp

3 mins = 180 seconds

180/3 = 60

60* 5 tp = 300 tp.

Learn2math

http://web2.0calc.com/
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-07 14:42:39  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
The benefit of using the movement speed ring is that if you have an augmented Dark Ring as your second idle ring, you can replace it with this. This would free up your feet to have iLvl gear while idle, which would increase your iLVL average, which helps the level correction formula for damage and such. Also, assuming you augment your skirmish feet+1, your feet would have both PDT and MDT on the on top of the large DEF, evasion, and magic evasion bonuses.

The only job that wouldn't benefit from this is NInja during Dusk to Dawn times, since they can equip AF119 feet.

I'm not trying to make a case that this is a great ring, only that for general purposes, it's not bad.

In case you missed the Meme Level Correction does not apply in Adoulin and would only apply for other zones.

This was announced near the beginning of Adoulin and iLVL.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-11-07 14:43:11  

what?

5TP per tick. 1 tick every 3s.
180s in 3 minutes. that's 180/3 = 60 ticks.
5*60 = 300TP.

you need 3000TP for AM3. i.e. 30mins.

Beaten by a Scot. :(
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-07 14:43:30  

what?

5*60 = 300TP.

I already beat you.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-07 14:45:14  

what?

5*60 = 300TP.

Beaten by a Scot. :(

Should be more Shocked that Scots know Maths Better than an American. and FayQueen who liked said incorrect post.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-11-07 14:47:41  

Right now, unless it's a mistranslation, the ring gives 5 TP/tic. At 5 TP prr tic, it would take 600 tics to reach 3000 TP. 600 tics / 20 tics per minute = 30 minutes to reach 3000 TP.

Just looked at the JP post. That ring also just has +5

Edit: beaten by lots of ppl.
By Chyula 2014-11-07 14:47:48  
FaeQueenCory said: »
Is the MDT2.
Does MDT2 have a 50% cap as well? This is the first time we've been able to see.

And while it might not change gearing exactly, it is of interest to know because then Aegis alone would cap MDT2...

828 is the highest attainable, but the current tier begins at 720.
So...
For now.

Maybe you can drop some geo skill piece from other slot for better fastcast/macc/mab piece, but if next tier is 900 then shouldn't be all +skill pieces are useless as you can't reach 900.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-07 14:50:10  
Chyula said: »
Is the MDT2.

828 is the highest attainable, but the current tier begins at 720.
So...
For now.

Maybe you can drop some geo skill piece from other slot for better fastcast/macc/mab piece, but if next tier is 900 then shouldn't be all +skill pieces are useless as you can't reach 900.

Is this actually correct? I've seen GEO's in LS testing Skill+ and finding that +10 skill when at 828 gained an extra +1% on Fury.

so....
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-11-07 14:55:48  
30 mins?
Its actually just 3~6 mins.
Meditate, 3 mins, meditate, 3000tp.
Because everyone is sam now.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2014-11-07 14:57:55  
For some of them, they scale up through the tiers iirc. Refresh is +1/180 skill for example, but I think the % based ones (fury, frailty, etc) have slight boosts from skill over 720... buut... +10 isn't a whole bunch of gain, if any.
Because, remember, it's combined skill. +10 geomancy skill or handbell skill *just by itself* is closer to +5 skill for normal magic.

As for FC, Macc, MAB... +geomancy/handbell skill gear should only be worn when you cast a GEO spell... so there's 0 reason to "lose skill" to gain any of those stats.
(plus you get stupid 7% FC from the JSE cape alone... ain't no FC back with more than that! AND it has +skill too.)

EDIT:
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Is this actually correct? I've seen GEO's in LS testing Skill+ and finding that +10 skill when at 828 gained an extra +1% on Fury.

so....
Oops. Totes forgot about the augment on the JSE cape... so that actually makes total possible skill 838 atm...
But yes. As I said when you were typing that, lol, the % ones scale a bit between the tier levels, but as you pointed out, +10 isn't very much.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-11-07 15:12:29  
Quote:

so....
Skill does add very small amounts to some spells between tiers, generally speaking though +10 Skill is not going to matter much.
By Chyula 2014-11-07 15:14:15  
a gain is a gain then I don't know what you complain about beside the refresh tier and if every job get a tiny gain from it then it all adds up to a decent gain party wise. Aren't we forget that FFXI is all about side grades unless they increase the ilvl again, we should start expecting more side grades until they raise the ilvl.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-07 15:16:06  
Where can I get the One Ring to rule them all?

#LotR
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-11-07 15:17:45  
Quote:
a gain is a gain then I don't know what you complain about beside the refresh tier and if every job get a tiny gain from it then it all adds up to a decent gain party wise. Aren't we forget that FFXI is all about side grades unless they increase the ilvl again, we should start expecting more side grades until they raise the ilvl.
Well FFXI may usually be about sidegrades but most of these rings are direct upgrades, that's why complaining about sidegrades in this situation does make sense. For instance Weatherspoon Ring is not a sidegrade, it just shits on every other FC ring in the game. Orvail Ring is not a sidegrade, it absolutely crushes any other crafting ring by a gigantic margin.
By FaeQueenCory 2014-11-07 15:21:36  
It's more about what else you could have instead of a minimal gain to a single job.
Literally: no more than ±1% of a boost or enfeeble.
Now while I agree that +1% is +1%... But when you're already capping pDIF from the %s you're using right now... is getting 1% more worth the loss of one of the other rings? (because capped is capped, making that +1% equal to +0%)

For a career GEO, sure. Especially when the empy set happens and +52 skill to 900(cap?) is readily available.
But for now, it's nothing but a refresh ring.
Of which there is another refresh ring that also has +sublimate(lol) and regen+1.
Weatherspoon or even Adoulin ring would give you "more bang for your buck" than Renaye.
By Chyula 2014-11-07 15:25:15  
I viewed these rings as very good upgrade for whatever it is focusing on, but some people here seem not satisfy with the amount of boost it get from one slot, and I don't get what you are trying to said. Did you mean complaining about sidegrades in this situation does not make sense?.
By Chyula 2014-11-07 15:40:23  
It's more about what else you could have instead of a minimal gain to a single job.
Literally: no more than ±1% of a boost or enfeeble.
Now while I agree that +1% is +1%... But when you're already capping pDIF from the %s you're using right now... is getting 1% more worth the loss of one of the other rings? (because capped is capped, making that +1% equal to +0%)

For a career GEO, sure. Especially when the empy set happens and +52 skill to 900(cap?) is readily available.
But for now, it's nothing but a refresh ring.
Of which there is another refresh ring that also has +sublimate(lol) and regen+1.
Weatherspoon or even Adoulin ring would give you "more bang for your buck" than Renaye.

I don't even know where to begin, the goal of a buffing job isn't to crunch out the highest potential value?, and I'm not even going to bother what you'll gain from that slot by giving up the extra +skill which seem like nothing at all for geo. If PDif is capped then toss on defense down or some other ***that help smooth out the fight, you don't always have to use fury you know.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10