On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 95 96 97
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-04-08 20:30:02  
My set for what it's worth:
ItemSet 274962

Pretty similar to the first one posted but Bolelabunga+Genmei, Inyanga Ring, and Warder's Charm on neck. PDT isn't capped but it's close, and the set has +10 refresh on it which is nice for keeping topped up. My WHM playstyle lately is not conservative on MP, I tend to just blast Cure IV on people who might take damage just to give them cureskin.

I have another set with capped PDT/MDT and more refresh, but far less magic evasion. Then a third set with max refresh using Contemplator+1 and all that jazz, it's the weakest of the three but insane refresh for when I'm weakened or just need MP.
By aisukage 2019-04-09 01:36:58  
These are my 2 sets Non-PDT and PDT set

ItemSet 366075
Cape: HP+60, Mevasion +45, Evasion +20,
ItemSet 366078
Cape HP+60, Mevasion+30/Evasion+20, PDT -10%

I have a lua function to swap some pieces for more Refresh at the cost of Mevasion depending on my MP %. Because if my MP is nearly full i prefer having more M.Evasion. (AF+3 body, Oneiros grip, fuchi-no-obi, moonshade earring.)

I toggle between these 2 sets weather i know if i'm going to get hit by anything physical. If i'm not sure then i just use the PDT set.

Edit: main reason i use staff and grip over club and shield is i just prefer the M.evasion from the grip over the vit. Also this is just based on what i have access to.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-04-13 22:49:25  
Thanks for the idle set suggestions. I'll take a look. Genmei Shield does seem nice for the block rate tbh, I actually don't have one so I'll have to target that.
[+]
 Asura.Finbar
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2019-04-15 08:50:01  
Valefor.Angierus said: »

ItemSet 360761
- MND/Macc on Gada,
- Kaykaus Path A
- MND/MAcc on Cape.
Regarding the legs, I don't expect a lot of WHM's to work for this, but for those WHM's with RDM especially, Chironic Hose with near perfect MND/Macc augments is worth considering. With Taupe stones (which aren't expensive), it's not the worst augment to go after, and with perfect augments it's Theo with Macc +64 and MND +34 with Chironic at Macc +60 and MND +44 and immunobreak +1. The difference in MND should translate to 5 or 10 Macc, depending on dMND, which makes Chironic win regardless. If dMND is not capped (which I assume is the case on most things that will give resists, but I can't substantiate that), a non-perfect augment should still give the edge, plus the immunobreak bonus will help with stubborn resists.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-15 08:59:30  
Ok, all this is nice and all, but how about some melee DD whm discussion :3
By eliroo 2019-04-15 09:09:38  
Sure.

The ambuscade weapon looks pretty potent and Izcalli is an amazing offhand.

Relic +3 will pretty much carry you to attack cap and Aynamo +2 is pretty good for TP. Just sub DNC and provide haste samba so you only need 9 DW to cap and make a multi-attack cape (DW cape too for when you don't have samba up).

I imagine they could put out some decent numbers with the Ambuscade weapon.

Aeonic and AG Yagruh may also provide a sizeable boost under certain circumstances.

I'm thinking like:

Ambuscade Weapon - Ideal for max damage
R15 Yagrush - If you need to take advantage of yagrush for w/e fight you are doing. Better than weapon swapping imo
R15 Mjollnir - Attack starved situations / Mana starved situations. Also a great weapon if you need to single wield. Super curious about Rangdriths damage with this weapon too
R15 Tishtrya - Making skillchains or when you need to use Realmrazer for w/e reason.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Razziel
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2019-04-15 09:22:01  
Dusted off my whm mule from years back and trying to get it up to speed. Anyone have a good refresh set? I managed to get 5 mp a tic which I think is a decent start.
[+]
 Asura.Finbar
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2019-04-15 09:23:36  
In MP starved situations, R15 Yagrush + TP offhand and Mystic Boon will keep MP up indefinitely. Since WHM is MA starved with Ayanmo +2, mythic AM3 goes a long way. Not sure how Maxentius compares, but that's worth considering.
By eliroo 2019-04-15 09:29:28  
Asura.Finbar said: »
In MP starved situations, R15 Yagrush + TP offhand and Mystic Boon will keep MP up indefinitely. Since WHM is MA starved with Ayanmo +2, mythic AM3 goes a long way. Not sure how Maxentius compares, but that's worth considering.

Yeah I considered that too but didn't really have hard numbers on Mystic boon. That is probably the better options if you are mana starved.
 Asura.Brennski
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2019-04-15 09:32:32  
Carbuncle.Razziel said: »
Dusted off my whm mule from years back and trying to get it up to speed. Anyone have a good refresh set? I managed to get 5 mp a tic which I think is a decent start.

This is my Alts Idle Refresh set:
ItemSet 366224

Can replace Befouled Crown with Inyanga Tiara +2. Inyanga +2 gives Refresh when used in a set.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2019-04-15 09:42:41  
Carbuncle.Razziel said: »

refresh set
ItemSet 366225

if you are just starting out you can use the sparks mage set it has refresh 3 as a set. until you get better

stikine ring is expensive but there was no other 2nd ring I could find beside rings from Seekers missions.

and yes im aware tat there is both a club and a grip.
its just so you can see both options

I personally prefer the inyanga set over using befoul/assid/ebers. Due to the higher Meva on it.

if its for a resting set consider getting the 4mp when sitting waist instead
https://www.ffxiah.com/item/11747/austerity-belt
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-15 09:57:30  
I personally prefer /war to /dnc,nin. Added DA, att, fencer I, shield for survivability/spell interrupt down, another warcry for the party, etc.

I dont see whm pulling hate, and its AoE survivability is actually really really good with its innate meva (given most AoE is magic) and decent DT in TP set.

Personally i wish SE would fix curas to not have a 5 year recast and give another tier of them. Til then, probably still worth aga on self.

Melee whm also lacks refresh in the TP set, so needs a refresher even more than normal.
By eliroo 2019-04-15 10:54:59  
/war sounds pretty sweet but Izcalli is just too great to pass up as an offhand. WAR would be more appealing if the choices of shields was a bit better.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-15 11:06:04  
I mean, whm gets access to DT and spell interrupt shields, which is always good for melee.
By Nariont 2019-04-15 11:21:14  
fencer 1 adds little to WS TP, ayanmo works as both a good acc set and DT set so you dont really need the extra pdt from genmei assuming thats whats in use here, spell interrupt isnt much of a factor, you have aquaveil and if its down youll likely be interrupted with/without the shield, DAs nice but so is hitting delay cap aswell as giving sambas to others if thats a factor.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-04-15 11:33:20  
eliroo said: »
/war sounds pretty sweet but Izcalli is just too great to pass up as an offhand. WAR would be more appealing if the choices of shields was a bit better.
Have you tried Sindri offhand as well? Izcalli looks great on paper, but every time I tried to compare it against Sindri in practice, Sindri was the clear winner.

DaneBlood said: »
refresh set
ItemSet 366225
FYI, Inyanga set bonus tops out at 5 refresh. So you could replace one of those Inyanga pieces and not lose refresh. Something like body for a refresh+3 body, or ring for another Stikini+1 or Defending Ring, would work.
[+]
 Bahamut.Agerine
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-04-15 11:43:06  
Mystic Boon from Yagrush(or Mythic ws squest) is almost too good to pass up if you have it. As long as you keep getting TP you can transfer that into your MP pool.

Each boon should fill you up completely and it can be spammed without interrupting skillchains.

Usually I mainhand Yagrush and offhand Sindri, about 1200 acc in that set, capped PDT and MDT. MysticBoon @3k for AM3 then spam Judgement for 20-25k( if I’m in melee party) then Boon to top off MP and keep AM3 up.

Making melee sets on whm has saved the job for me since I was getting sooo bored of it after 1.5 years straight on the dam job.
By eliroo 2019-04-15 11:43:50  
Yeah Sindri looks great as well but the main perk I can see from using Izcalli over Sindri is the built in 15% cure potency. That should let you cure in more-or-less the same set while meleeing. Its probably situational, like most things in this game.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-15 11:49:51  
Eh.... I find whm just doesnt use most of /dnc so its pure wasted potential. Waltzes are essentially worthless because your spells are just plain better.

+200 tp on WS isnt minimal. Thats +450 with earring alone. Add warcry and youre getting a good chunk more, and halo scales very well with TP.

Also, unless youre at DT cap, more DT is always good, especially on a job you physically are not allowed to die on.
By Nariont 2019-04-15 12:07:38  
You wont delay cap with war sub due to lack of ja haste, aswell as sindri or izcalli providing more than shield or in the case of sindri being /wars da trait in a weapon slot. 450 tp is minimal compared to quicker tp gain, warcry adds no tp, you need savagery for that so donno why thats even brought up.

As for DT, full ayanmo+2/defending/pdt back is 41% with minimal losses, you can likely rep a ayanmo piece for high acc/pdt chironic, ayanmo rings another 3% while keeping acc too
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-15 14:58:47  
I dont really need to hit the delay cap though. Between haste II, bard songs, and whatever else from party members or trusts, ill have more than enough to get what i need, and not need to lose out on another stat slot elsewhere that could better serve TPgen.

And its not like im going to be attacking every single round when i can. A lot of it will be interrupted by spellcasts, so the benefits of hitting the delay cap are much more mitigated by the forced delays ill often have to deal with.

This isnt even getting into /wars better ATT sources, which WHM is in desperate need of (getting +3 AF isnt realistic for a long time for most players)
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-19 03:28:40  
What could they possibly adjust for white mage

.... hold on to your *** for these banish adjustments!
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-04-19 03:37:31  
I don't know, but someone will find a way to complain out it and, at the same time, derail any thread about it into a 5 page talk about Paladin adjustments VS Runefencer adjustments. Calling that one now.
[+]
 Asura.Yso
By Asura.Yso 2019-04-19 03:39:44  
Make cures and -nas autocast?
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-04-19 04:09:14  
whm job adjustments...
*banish actually deals dmg & higher tier banish spells
*cura/curaga to use similar formula as cure
**give stoneskin when in solace.
*more enfeebles
*protect now gives pdt
*club weaponskills get a buff
*cure potency works on offensive cures
*raise/arise auto-kills undead; success: 25/50/75/100% does not work on NMs
*solace/misery works as whm subjob
*i'm running out of ideas
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2019-04-19 05:20:15  
haste II
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-04-19 06:20:49  
Cures will be given critical hits.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-04-19 06:29:02  
Divine Veil down to 5 mins.
Esuna working on other players even if you're not affected by that debuff, but only in Misery.
By Nariont 2019-04-19 06:34:33  
Temper
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-04-19 07:52:45  
Divine Caress recast reduced to 30s.

Sacrocanctity recast reduced to 2 minutes

Auspice grants accuracy and enlight benefits to all party members

Raise enfeebling skill from C to B+

Arise MP cost reduced from 300 to 200
Arise recast reduced from 120s to 60s

Divine Seal forces cursna to remove doom 100% of the time.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 95 96 97