On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 ... 95 96 97
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-05-07 18:51:09  
Hi everyone. I don't play whm, but I wanted to help a friend with their sets and I guess we're looking for the basics. Which sets should they work on first?
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2018-05-07 19:13:27  
Yagrush clearly!

But, empy legs are the first thing. capped cure potency/enm set, FC, and a decent idle.
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-05-07 21:06:13  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Hi everyone. I don't play whm, but I wanted to help a friend with their sets and I guess we're looking for the basics. Which sets should they work on first?

Casting Time -> Cure Potency -> Cursna -> Enhancing Magic -> Idle Sets -> Enfeebling Magic
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-05-08 06:08:06  
Shiva.Arislan said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »

Casting Time -> Cure Potency -> Cursna -> Enhancing Magic -> Idle Sets -> Enfeebling Magic

Don’t forget that Empy Legs and Body are 100% mandatory.

Empy Legs — allow you to cure virtually for free as long as you’re careful about what cures you use and when (don’t use Cure V to heal 50 hp for example).

Empy Body — Enhances Solace which is WHMs absolute JA in 80% of your fights. Greatly enhances your barspells but most importantly greatly increases the potency of your added stoneskin effects from single cures, thus reducing the damage taken by your charges during a fight. The amount of “cureskin” gained by the body very widely outweighs any current Cure Potency II bodies.

Hope the information helps

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2018-05-08 07:30:11  
I've played other mmo's where both options exist, where you choose higher cure power or dmg mitigation. it's what you like better, I think. But pants yes 10000%
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-05-08 07:37:59  
DirectX said: »
Valefor.Yandaime said: »
The amount of “cureskin” gained by the body very widely outweighs any current Cure Potency II bodies.
This is my opinion also but I have seen people swear by Cure pot II bodies.

That *Should* have already been put to bed some time ago so I’m actually a little annoyed some people still do it.

But for a quick recap:
Solace converts 25% of your thrown Cure’s potential (not the actual amount cured, so overcuring can be useful)
So if you cure for 1000, that’s 250 skin, 1250 total

Orison Body +1 increases this to 30% (1000 ~ 300 = 1300)
AF +3 Body and Kaykaus Body +1 will beat this as long as it’s paired with another +1. (1060 + 265 = 1325) AF +2 will win but only from extra MND and VIT. (1040 + 260 = 1300)

Orison +2 increases to 35% (1000 ~ 350 = 1350)
AF +3 Body/Kaykaus +1 now lose/tie/wash based off boosts from MND/VIT

Ebers NQ increases to 37% (1000 ~ 370 = 1370)
AF +3 Body/Kaykaus now lose in total cure power for single curing.

Ebers +1 increases to 39% (1000 ~ 390 = 1390)
You’ll need a body with Cure Potency II +12% to beat this thing. And by the time something like that is made, we’ll be able to +2 and +3 Ebers so... yeah..?

Lol hope this helps. The way I see it, you have the rare opportunity to both recover AND mitigate damage at the same time, if you let “pretty numbers” get the way of that, you’re doing it wrong. Lol there’s really no way around it.

Edit: slight typo.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Dagmar 2018-05-21 13:46:50  
I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere or if it's been tested. Do the relic legs +2 and +3 exceed the previous barspell cap of 230? Not sure it would be worthwhile even if it did.
 Bismarck.Belcoot
サーバ: Bismarck
user: belcootpr
By Bismarck.Belcoot 2018-05-21 13:59:00  
yes it does. my cap is 236 on barspells now with it
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Dagmar 2018-05-21 14:42:58  
Thanks. I assumed the body would be worthwhile. I love accession regen. It makes keeping those melee that don't use a dt set alive easier. Wasn't sure about the legs though. Thanks again.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-05-21 14:47:59  
Valefor.Yandaime said: »
The amount of “cureskin” gained by the body very widely outweighs any current Cure Potency II bodies.

Well explained in the above posts, but to be clear... the above discussion was just about single target cures, since Solace cureskin doesn't apply to Curaga. Potency II is still great in Curaga sets, and having both a single target Cure and Curaga set should be near the top of the priority list.
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-05-22 10:52:44  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
having both a single target Cure and Curaga set should be near the top of the priority list.

I respectfully disagree. Pretty much any decent single-target Cure build will be good enough for Curagas to make them free, at which point you can cast whatever tier you need to bring the party to 100% for 0 MP. The difference in cast time / recast time is negligible. The only time a Curaga set makes any difference is when you're hitting a low number of players with it (like 2 players).

There's certainly nothing wrong with having it, I have one, but I can think of at least a dozen sets I'd consider higher priority. In fact, I can't think of anything lower except nuking & melee sets.
[+]
By geigei 2018-05-22 10:55:33  
They have different formula so using 1 set for both is unheard of.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-05-22 11:40:34  
geigei said: »
They have different formula so using 1 set for both is unheard of.

I'm kind of with Pergatory on this one. What major piece of gear are you using for Curaga that you aren't using for ST Cures other than AF+2/3 body? The pieces you want to use for ST Cures often also are the pieces with the most MND for a curaga set as well.

He didn't say don't build one. He just said build ST Cure and use that while you build other higher priority sets and then perfect your curaga set.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-05-22 11:57:01  
Alfylicious:

What differences do you actually have between your Cure(No Solace) set and your Curaga Set though?

I'd be willing to bet that the differences are very minor if any at all.

I really don't agree with some of the choices on the Guide regarding Curaga. At first glance, everything looks up to date, but there are some wierd choices for best in slot.

One is Gende. Caubeen +1. I don't know why this one is used. With the recommended aug (6% CP), Vanya Hood beats it in MND, VIT, and CP, loses by 1 for enmity, and has +6 Conserve MP. I don't think there is any objective measure where Gende. is better than Vanya Hood, and yet it's in all the sets.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-05-22 12:20:50  
The cap for Gende. Caubeen +1 is 8%, and that's valid if you need the extra 1%. Vanya hood is a very strong piece for all of the aspects of curing though, if you can make up the 1% CP and the -1 enmity elsewhere, the bonuses to MND/VIT are definitely better than Gende.

Things definitely change when you start talking about Kaykaus +1 gear, but you have to be made of money for those sets.

There is actually more difference between my NoWeather/Weather sets than there are between my ST/AoE sets.

The important thing is, Healing Skill (ST) and MND (AoE) are at least priority number 4 when building a cure set behind CP (50), Enmity (-50), and CP II (as much as you can). It makes for very similar sets even though the calculations are different.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-05-22 13:23:48  
What are you using for quick cast Alfy?

Perimede/Lebeche/Impatiens/Witful?

I think it could be done without Pinga Pants on /sch, although they would make it a lot easier.

Without Pinga Pants it would require max FC augs on Grioavolr, Chironic Hands/Feet and +5 FC neck from Meeble Burrows.

ItemSet 359112

Augs Total: 19% out of max 22% on Grio/Chironic

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-05-22 13:42:28  
can also use chironic feet regardless of unity.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-05-22 13:57:50  
SCH you only need 72% FC to cap right? Light arts is a separate term but still subject to the 80% Total cap.

RDM you get +10% from traits so you need 70% only.

Edit: Meaning the only time you would need pinga pants to cap would be if you were /sch and don't have arts up or if you were any sub other than RDM/SCH.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-05-22 14:32:48  
Asura.Pergatory said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
having both a single target Cure and Curaga set should be near the top of the priority list.

I respectfully disagree. Pretty much any decent single-target Cure build will be good enough for Curagas to make them free, at which point you can cast whatever tier you need to bring the party to 100% for 0 MP. The difference in cast time / recast time is negligible. The only time a Curaga set makes any difference is when you're hitting a low number of players with it (like 2 players).

Fair enough, maybe I overstated the importance (or how different the sets are), but I guess the main point is that it's not very hard to make fairly minor adjustments to your Cure set to make it better for Curaga at least some of the time. Like your example of hitting a low number of players - which I don't find exceptionally uncommon.

Most notably, for body there's no real point in using Ebers +1 over any of the Potency II bodies for Curaga. That's probably the most significant difference between single target and Curaga sets.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 ... 95 96 97