Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 110 111 112
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-09-12 23:42:58  
By Highwynd 2014-09-13 00:45:54  
Hmm...maybe it's Base DMG+30?
 Bismarck.Inference
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-09-13 01:35:47  
Addition is a pain. It would have to be some multiple of 30 or thereabouts, however Sidewinder and Piercing Arrow have the same difference in results(147) despite Sidewinder having fTP of 5 and PA only having 1. Therefore the 30 could not be effected by fTP, multiplying by only pDIF is too low for these results and not multiplying by anything is even lower. As hard as it is to wrap your head around "+30" translating into ~+.1158, it fits all three cases.
By Davorin 2014-09-13 01:44:18  
Perhaps it is 30/256 or ~0.12

Admittedly, I don't know the weapon skill damage calculations well enough. Would that fit with Llewelyn's test?
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-09-13 05:24:45  
Davorin said: »
Perhaps it is 30/256 or ~0.12
This looks right. I screwed up on the above post and assumed I'd be auto-capped fSTR2 naked with just helm but I guess not. Changing fSTR2 to 65 for the Cibitshavore tests lines up the #s perfectly. I did the tests again with Piercing/Sidewinder and used enough STR to cap fSTR2 this time. The results this time line up. Sorry! Spoilered first post.

I'll show my work in these tests. For active days I used Davorin's proposed 30/256 ftp, or .1171875 increase:

STR 222

Base DMG 266
WSC 137
fSTR2 74

Piercing Arrow:
Day inactive: 1431 (477 * 1.0 * 3.0 = 1431)
Day inactive + Ele Gorget: 1569 (floored(477 * 1.09765625) * 3.0 = 1569)
Day inactive + Ele Gorget/Belt: 1710 (floored(477 * 1.1953125) * 3.0 = 1710)
Day active: 1596 (floored(477 * 1.1171875) * 3.0 = 1596)

Sidewinder:
Day inactive: 7155 (477 * 5.0 * 3.0 = 7155)
Day inactive + Ele Gorget: 7293 (floored(477 * 5.09765625) * 3.0 = 7293)
Day inactive + Ele Gorget + Belt: 7434 (floored(477 * 5.1953125) * 3.0 = 7434)
Day active: 7320 (floored(477 * 5.1171875) * 3.0 = 7320)

So it looks like Gavialis Helm is a 30/256 ftp increase.

Edit: Fixed a typo. <.<
[+]
 Bismarck.Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-09-13 09:23:35  
I just assumed you were fSTR capped as well and you messed up calculating your WSC, so I worked backwards from there to get the right ones. This makes a lot more sense though, thanks for the work!
By Highwynd 2014-09-13 09:49:26  
That's still pretty good. Has a bit stronger bonus than Mekira but with more STR/ATT/ACC.
By Mitruya 2014-09-13 13:49:30  
Could someone suggest some alternatives for things I can't get solo, such as Bloodrain strap, Ginsen, and Tripudio earring?(for /WAR using Upukirex)
What do you think of Dilettante's grip +1?
I dunno what a good ammo option is. I use Cheruski needle.

The only Store TP stuff I have is:
Bladeborn and Steelflash earrings
K'ayres ring
Cizin mufflers
Rajas ring

Thanks.
 Bismarck.Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-09-13 13:55:22  
I'd suspect even Pole Grip to be ahead of Dilettante's unless you reallllly needed the accuracy, I think they released an STP+5 strap recently? Rose may also be an OK option if the STP is entirely required in that slot.

Hagneia Stone would be a decent alternative to Ginsen from a STP-only perspective, and I'd suspect Bladeborn/Steelflash to be you next best ear setup given that you don't have Tripudio.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Legato
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-09-13 14:18:09  
Mitruya said: »
Could someone suggest some alternatives for things I can't get solo, such as Bloodrain strap, Ginsen, and Tripudio earring?(for /WAR using Upukirex)
What do you think of Dilettante's grip +1?
I dunno what a good ammo option is. I use Cheruski needle.

The only Store TP stuff I have is:
Bladeborn and Steelflash earrings
K'ayres ring
Cizin mufflers
Rajas ring

Thanks.

Our apologies
We do plan on making a 2nd and 3rd best in slot set.

But what inference said hits it right on the nail for the gear you can swap/replace
By Mitruya 2014-09-13 16:40:35  
Awesome. Thanks a bunch!
By Highwynd 2014-09-13 22:05:49  
Did a bunch of Incursions as /WAR and quickly realized it was pointless. Berserk is frequently dispelled(along with marches and haste) and hit with slow very often. I'm very inclined to say /SAM or /WHM for self haste/Erase is better. You may say my mages suck but honestly you get dispelled like all the time and your haste2 is overwritten with slow so often it's hard for most mages to keep up erasing and rehasting 5 people every 6 seconds. /WHM or /DNC might be better to maintain your attack speed, or at the very least /SAM for hasso.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-09-13 22:33:50  
i think the fact that war is applicable really goes with the event you're currently doing.

Incursion doesn't seem to be a practical place to use it because those darn Velkk's Dispel spam.

119 delve or another event where dispel spam and massive aoe spam isn't there. you should be good.
[+]
 Odin.Skeero
By Odin.Skeero 2014-09-13 23:03:51  
Incursion isnt very mythic friendly at all. Or any dps besides mnk friendly. Sadly. Atleast when your weapon gets stripped you can still do dmg on mnk. Was really hoping for a chance to use drg for a event, but its not looking good still lol.
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-09-13 23:16:10  
Yeah, I haven't gone into Walk of echo yet to see how that is for us lol.

The Velkk Incursion event is very fun though, the random cape system is not fun lol but I understand why they did it.
 Phoenix.Gerrott
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Gerrott
By Phoenix.Gerrott 2014-09-13 23:31:22  
Odin.Skeero said: »
Incursion isnt very mythic friendly at all. Or any dps besides mnk friendly. Sadly. Atleast when your weapon gets stripped you can still do dmg on mnk. Was really hoping for a chance to use drg for a event, but its not looking good still lol.

This.. Constanly rebuilding TP to 300 ruins it for me. With our huge buff was hoping to use Drg for new content... Spend half the time cussing out loud when weapon is removed.
By Highwynd 2014-09-14 03:23:27  
I've considered using gungnir for incursion(18% def down will probably increase everyone's dps more than than upukirex increases your own). Stardiver is very hit or miss in incursion too. Sometimes it does 3k sometimes 9k. Camlann's is a cool 4-6k and the go-to WS unless you're sitting on 3000% from Amnesia. These 1second healing breaths have saved my life a lot so far, totally digging it. I rarely need to spirit link also, since unlike delve , aoe in incursions rarely exceed 500 damage on me(150-200 on wyvern)
 Asura.Reichleiu
サーバ: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-09-15 13:20:02  

Quote:
Cons:

I currently cannot see any cons for Ryunohige when compared with other weapons Dragoons have in their arsenal. If you can point out one, I will edit and update promptly.

Me and a mythic SAM were talking about this after incursion yesterday. This would be the only thing I would list as a "Con" for Ryunohige. You get you weapon removed frequently in the most modern content. This removes AM3.

Other than that.. the encumbrance only lasts a few seconds.

Mythic DRG is still exceptional in this new content. I find that with these new changes I can keep up with or surpass most other DDs. (Including Mythic SAMs). With all the de-buffs and encumbrance for everyone, it evens out pretty well.

DRG in incursion actually does nicely. I have been pleasantly surprised so far, even though encumbrance sucks.

Truth is, while we have discussed the benefit of having MNKs in this content.. I have yet to see a group actually run with them as the standard. Most of the groups are 3 DDs, WHM BRD GEO for 6 man. Those DDs range from DRG to SAM to THF, even a lucky Ninja here and there.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2014-09-15 13:36:32  
All this talk of weapon stripping. Bring a stunner? I do a pretty good job at singling out the encumbrance move as RDM/BLM
[+]
 Asura.Reichleiu
サーバ: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-09-15 15:36:40  
Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »
All this talk of weapon stripping. Bring a stunner? I do a pretty good job at singling out the encumbrance move as RDM/BLM

Or this.

no matter what though, DRG has a place in the new content. Especially if you end up fighting in he bird room for whatever reason.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-09-15 15:38:42  
Phoenix.Gerrott said: »

This.. Constanly rebuilding TP to 300 ruins it for me. With our huge buff was hoping to use Drg for new content... Spend half the time cussing out loud when weapon is removed.

Ninja and Seigan /TE stops Weapon stripping..........

:3

Conal and absorbed by shadows, easy to play right against that.
 Odin.Rendra
user: Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2014-09-15 19:51:44  
Asura.Reichleiu said: »

Quote:
Cons:

I currently cannot see any cons for Ryunohige when compared with other weapons Dragoons have in their arsenal. If you can point out one, I will edit and update promptly.

Me and a mythic SAM were talking about this after incursion yesterday. This would be the only thing I would list as a "Con" for Ryunohige. You get you weapon removed frequently in the most modern content. This removes AM3.

Other than that.. the encumbrance only lasts a few seconds.

Mythic DRG is still exceptional in this new content. I find that with these new changes I can keep up with or surpass most other DDs. (Including Mythic SAMs). With all the de-buffs and encumbrance for everyone, it evens out pretty well.

DRG in incursion actually does nicely. I have been pleasantly surprised so far, even though encumbrance sucks.

Truth is, while we have discussed the benefit of having MNKs in this content.. I have yet to see a group actually run with them as the standard. Most of the groups are 3 DDs, WHM BRD GEO for 6 man. Those DDs range from DRG to SAM to THF, even a lucky Ninja here and there.

I have to agree with this. There is the time where you do get stripped of your weapon and lose AM3, it's very annoying but i have built it back up quickly and still stay close to the Koga SAM in my group if not out dding him.
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-09-15 20:11:02  
Thank you.

I'll make changes to blurb this weekend!

Incursion is very fun and I have also seen numerous types of DDs at this event.

So long are the days of MNK or SAM only.

Good job SE (kinda the very random cape system is meh lol)
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-09-15 20:15:58  
Carbuncle.Legato said: »
(kinda the very random cape system is meh lol)
Indeed. We did 2 of the lesser NMs solely for capes and out of 70 boxes we only saw 2. Mega boss has a much better cape rate but having a 1/22 chance as opposed to 1/4 or 1/5 chance at getting the cape you want is pretty lame. :/
[+]
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-09-15 20:20:01  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Carbuncle.Legato said: »
(kinda the very random cape system is meh lol)
Indeed. We did 2 of the lesser NMs solely for capes and out of 70 boxes we only saw 2. Mega boss has a much better cape rate but having a 1/22 chance as opposed to 1/4 or 1/5 chance at getting the cape you want is pretty lame. :/

Llewelyn what level of Incursion are you entering?
Currently my LS and friends are entering @ Level 127

At this level Equipment & Capes seem to drop 50% of the time, we will either get Gil or a random item or an Cape or equip drop.

I believe as you go higher up the quality of the drops increase.

Also @ LVL 128 a new Mega Boss is revealed which gives a different title, we should be attempting him this weekend.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-09-15 20:21:14  
We did 127 and are 6/6 KIs so we can go to 128 whenever we want as well.
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-09-15 20:27:21  
Hmmm we have been getting a very steady number of capes and equipment drops, one of our members is a THF.

I cannot confirm or deny that his TH is helping but it may?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-09-15 20:28:06  
We always bring a THF as well.
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-09-15 20:30:21  
All I can say is it must be quite random than, if we are seeing a 50/50 rate of drops, and you are seeing much lower.

I dislike the random augment system upon drops not so much the drop rate, I think having a type of Ex currency that you get to attempt augmenting yourself upon a cape would have been better.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-09-15 20:35:30  
Oh, we see plenty of random gear (I have to toss that damn polearm every time we fight the NM). It's just the capes that we have really shitty luck on from lesser NMs.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 110 111 112