Server Merge Maybe????

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Fenrir » Server Merge Maybe????
Server Merge Maybe????
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-02 10:11:03  
Differet kind of people exist on all servers, why this even needs to be pointed out is beyond me. Only thing that differs is the population numbers and to a degree the geographical distribution of the players.
 Siren.Sieha
サーバ: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-09-02 10:12:30  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
setup crying is pathetic...

you can say all you want about it being hard to find groups(it is hard, if you only play DD it's that much harder), but that's a reflection on your ability to network and the current population not the current content

current endgame is balanced perfectly well, but when you have so few active players and so many unwilling to job change, unwilling to try new strategies, etc.. you end up with the current situation

This pretty much. I know there is a movement out there that says, I play what I enjoy playing so shut up. However I guess they dont need gear or to do any new content. Oh well me and my brd/sch/whm/rdm did pretty well gearing my sam and pld from all events. Stubborn people are just derping. leave them there and we can move on without them.

I'd like to see a server where all the people that only play DD move to and see if they can get anything done with trust npcs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-09-02 10:20:06  
I think the game needs to be more appealing to non-DD.

Maybe that's just my view, but everyone thinks they are a good DD and no one is willing to shoulder the blame as a WHM/BRD/Stun.

I know that stun isn't a huge deal at the moment, it's too much pressure for (some people) to play healer/buffer/stunner. Entire events hinge on the whm being skilled/efficient/knowledgable.

I don't know how you accomplish this, but there needs to be some incentive for the extra burden you bare as a non-DD.
[+]
 Leviathan.Mckeag
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2014-09-02 10:34:27  
400-600 people online everyday I log on. Game is doing GREAT!!!
 Siren.Sieha
サーバ: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-09-02 10:35:08  
The game designers never will do it and since the community is so wow'ed by 27k fudo's then the draw the DDs will continue.

In my ls we have a bank. each time someone plays a support job they get a little bonus. Its not much but we have no problem with support. In addition, members that often play support will have a better chance at getting their favored event for runs.

Most short comings in the game can be solved but a bit of community.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-02 10:36:16  
Most people refuse to play whm not cause they don't like the job, but rather cause they don't wanna deal with the bs a whm has to put up with most of the time.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2014-09-02 10:47:35  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Most people refuse to play whm not cause they don't like the job, but rather cause they don't wanna deal with the bs a whm has to put up with most of the time.

Totally agree. People would expect a whm to bring echo drops and other meds. But when do you see a DD bring a potion to cure a remedy like poisen, blind or whatever. holy water and such.

I play sch quite often and heal fine, but I hate being peoples mother on curing basic things that you could of brought a med to so I could focus on more important matters. A good DD does good dmg but can also can wipe his *** if he needs a cleaning.

A DD can bring their own echo drops for shadow useage. and holy waters for cursna, doom. Heck they should bring their own remedy for paralyze.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-09-02 10:50:59  
On that note, Meds in this game are a huge failure. Aside from Echoes, and remedies. And to a lesser extent, elixirs.

Panacea would be nice, but with VW dead, and crafting all but non-existant they're semi-tough to get.
 Asura.Ccl
サーバ: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-02 10:52:20  
Ragnarok.Presidentobama said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »

Totally agree. People would expect a whm to bring echo drops and other meds. But when do you see a DD bring a potion to cure a remedy like poisen, blind or whatever. holy water and such.

I play sch quite often and heal fine, but I hate being peoples mother on curing basic things that you could of brought a med to so I could focus on more important matters. A good DD does good dmg but can also can wipe his *** if he needs a cleaning.

Potion to cure is dumb on this game, I used to bring remedy holy water and stuff but my whms complained they had nothing to do then so I don't do that anymore :(
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-09-02 10:55:28  
It's always fun removing status ailments before the DD uses their med when they try using it 1 second after getting enfeebled.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nhu
user: Asukas
By Ragnarok.Nhu 2014-09-02 10:57:21  
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Entire events hinge on the whm being skilled/efficient/knowledgable.

I don't know how you accomplish this, but there needs to be some incentive for the extra burden you bare as a non-DD.

Maybe they could just start with the incentive being some slight changes to the UI and stop using the chat log for freaking everything.

Put battle target TP moves additionally somewhere else instead of just the chat log. I don't play FF14, but something like that. Make playing support/stunner a little more eye appealing than just staring for freaking lines and hitting keys. Right now, it is all about reaction time and less about the appropriate reaction quickly.

Even though most melee should be carrying around remedies, something as small as party/alliance/mob status effect icons would help. It would also let you know when you have a healer/buffer/stunner that didn't bring echos.

This might sound like baby mode for some people, but isn't playing a melee for most of this content already baby mode enough?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2014-09-02 10:57:36  
maybe, but bound and death or doom are can be multi cast, and sometimes in dooms case won't be cured. if the DD valued his life he would of had a holy pot. If not become one with the earth, as you had no incentive to save yourself.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-09-02 11:09:25  
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
On that note, Meds in this game are a huge failure. Aside from Echoes, and remedies. And to a lesser extent, elixirs.

Panacea would be nice, but with VW dead, and crafting all but non-existant they're semi-tough to get.

Its way better than it used to be when philo stones were pushing 50k a piece and 12 panacea cost you a mil, but that was when the stakes were higher because they were incredibly useful for legion when it first came out.

Now philo stones are like 5k and drop like candy in old skirmishes like rala which you can clear solo with afk mules+trusts. And leveling an alchemy mule isnt hard.

Meds aren't really a failure, I prefer how infrequent they are used right now because it would just drag battles out and make inventory constraints even more obnoxious than they already are.
I think I use like 1-2 panacea a week and that's cause someone misses a stun during a weekly mul farm.
 Odin.Tamoa
サーバ: Odin
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2014-09-02 11:25:55  
If I'm with a healer I don't know, I always bring remedies - and holy waters if necessary - because there are SO many horrible whms (or /whms) out there who apparently never look at the chat log.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7