Server Merge Maybe????

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Fenrir » Server Merge Maybe????
Server Merge Maybe????
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 12:14:52  
Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Nobody in their right mind would purchase a Macbook in the first place.

It's not about which computer model. It's just an indication on the pricing.

They also have entire district in big cities dedicated to electronic products in Japan(Akihabara, DenDen town). If they're too poor to buy these things then all the shops there would be closed down by now.

Schizm has said otherwise, and quite frankly I'll take his word over it more so than a <omitted>, thanks.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 12:15:47  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
My main point being: Bahamut has over twice that number and is still "suffering" from the same "problems" you are, that says that the issue isn't with the # of people, but the people themselves.

Take a look at Bahamuts shout crawl and then look at Lakshmis.

Thanks.

Yeah: that actually looks better than ours does most of the time.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-09-01 12:16:45  
I guess that makes total sense in a racist and ignorant way. Fair enough.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 12:30:44  

It has nothing to do with being racist or ignorant: he has family that lives there and is part Japanese, and has done extensive research on the subject, his word means a lot more to me, than that of somebody who has no known ties, nor lives anywhere close to Japan or a Japanese community.

So kindly, take your *** elsewhere.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-09-01 12:36:31  

It has nothing to do with being racist or ignorant: he has family that lives there and is part Japanese, and has done extensive research on the subject, his word means a lot more to me, than that of somebody who has no known ties, nor lives anywhere close to Japan or a Japanese community.

Implying lack of believe on the info given base on someone's race ("I'll take his word over it more so than a Brits, thanks.") is generally referred to as racist

Refusing to acknowledge someone's point given evidence (apple's price tags, you can easily find on apple's website), without a valid counter argument, is ignorance.

Saying someone is bullshitting, is rude.

Making friends is easy...

You sir, is an incredibly lucky guy to be able to make friends with such attitude.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 12:42:30  

Implying lack of believe on the info given base on someone's race ("I'll take his word over it more so than a Brits, thanks.") is generally referred to as racist

Refusing to acknowledge someone's point given evidence (apple's price tags, you can easily find on apple's website), without a valid counter argument, is ignorance.

You sir, is an incredibly lucky guy to be able to make friends with such attitude.

Wow talk about being ignorant...

It has nothing to do with him being Japanese other than that he has family that lives there, and that he lives near a community and knows the culture and economy well.

Just like if I wanted to know something about Texas, I'd ask a Texan, not a New Yorker.

Your point is moot because Apple are shitty overpriced computers anyway that can't play XI. (I realize bootcamp is an option, but we were talking about affordable).

Your point was moot because it was irrelevant to the discussion.

Saying that somebody is bullshitting when they bring up racism when the conversation had nothing to do with it, isn't rude, it's being accurate.

I have a lot of friends, thank you. But there's no "attitude" so you may want to get your reading checked.
 Asura.Ccl
サーバ: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-01 12:43:59  
Rofl@ JP not being able to buy a computer cause it's too expensive there that's the funniest thing I've read in a while.

Also till they add content worth doing, there is no point to do a server merge, people don't log cause there is nothing to do.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2014-09-01 12:44:19  
Well, you want a server merge, I dare any server with 600 people so they say to take advantage of SE's promotion. What is it 8.99 for server transfer during the come back event?

I dare 50-90% of the USA.EU to take that $9 dollar and move. If even 50% of any of the low population servers did this, that would truly make a statement to SE to merge servers. As their wuld literally be 200-300 left and that's it on some servers.

Come on you want SE to do something? Show them with your wallets and warp!
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 12:46:54  
Asura.Ccl said: »
Rofl@ JP not being able to buy a computer cause it's too expensive there that's the funniest thing I've read in a while.

Also till they add content worth doing, there is no point to do a server merge, people don't log cause there is nothing to do.
I never said they couldn't buy a computer, but they don't want to.

There's also a lot of people that don't play games on computers, while I find the concept to be ignorant as all get out, the simplicity of not having to deal with anything but the "play game" function of a device I can empathize with.

Alas: we're severely derailing from the point, which considering I think the point is moronic, that may not be such a bad thing.

Ragnarok.Presidentobama said: »
Well, you want a server merge, I dare any server with 600 people so they say to take advantage of SE's promotion. What is it 8.99 for server transfer during the come back event?

I dare 50-90% of the USA.EU to take that $9 dollar and move. If even 50% of any of the low population servers did this, that would truly make a statement to SE to merge servers. As their wuld literally be 200-300 left and that's it on some servers.

Come on you want SE to do something? Show them with your wallets and warp!

I see that you're a bit less drunk now, but I'll have to agree: if you want to change servers, then do so.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-09-01 12:49:17  
Stfu obamachan.gif ?
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-09-01 12:51:15  
It has nothing to do with him being Japanese other than that he has family that lives there, and that he lives near a community and knows the culture and economy well.

Just like if I wanted to know something about Texas, I'd ask a Texan, not a New Yorker.

Sure, but you are effectively saying my point is invalid because "that guy over there said otherwise, and I'm not really giving you anything valid evidence to support my claim" is not really a good way to back your point.

Quote:
Your point is moot because Apple are shitty overpriced computers anyway that can't play XI. (I realize bootcamp is an option, but we were talking about affordable).

It is not moot because Apple overprice their product everywhere in the world, they sell their product everywhere, and it is a Personal Computer. It's an indication of how companies price their products internationally in the electronics industry. If you'd like, I can find another product to compare to proof my point but I'm pretty sure you don't care enough.

Quote:
Saying that somebody is bullshitting when they bring up racism when the conversation had nothing to do with it, isn't rude, it's being accurate.

Quote:

Unless you can prove that I'm giving false information, you can't really say I'm bullshitting. Since its' an opinion that I feel you are being racist base on what you said, and it's your contrasting opinion that you feel aren't. The subject in question is opinion based, and thus, you can't be "accurate" accusing me of bullshitting.

Quote:
I have a lot of friends, thank you.
As I've said, you're lucky. :)
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 12:57:35  
Considering his background and fields of expertise and my level of respect for him: yes, because I know he knows what he's talking about.

The point of Apple is moot, because under normal circumstances you can't even play XI on it, not to mention that we were talking about affordable computers, to replace a console that they already own, to suggest them buying a $1200-1300 computer is ludicrous.

I'm saying you're bullshitting because you brought up racism when it had nothing to do with what I said. What you feel is irrelevant, there was nothing racist about that statement, and it only further proves that you're being an ignorant ***.

Luck has nothing to do with it.
 Asura.Ensane
user: Nsane
By Asura.Ensane 2014-09-01 13:01:13  
Odin.Tamoa said: »
Ashura, Fernier, Valfer - never heard of these servers before, did SE add them recently?

Dear SE, please merge Asura with Odin. Haha
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-01 13:01:27  
and cannot afford a computer[/b] (prices are different over there, yo. (not to mention apartment size).

Not to mention that them playing on the PS2 does not harm anyone else at all, but you're too ignorant to see that.

Maybe it's because my english is awfull, but CANNOT buy is different that "don't want to buy" to me.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 13:02:56  
Eh, my bad, but for a lot: it's one in the same.

What would we like to have this week: a new computer, or food for the next few months?
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-01 13:05:26  

Wow talk about being ignorant...

Your point was moot because it was irrelevant to the discussion.

I have a lot of friends, thank you. But there's no "attitude" so you may want to get your reading checked.

Exactly where'd you hear the story about JP doesn't like to buy PC???? Honestly I can't imagine life without computer and internet in a first world country, I just can't.

Back in 2013 I played FFXIV ARR and was in a raid FC, it was a requirement to play on the PC cuz of you can't focus target on PS3 at that time. My entire JP FC played on PC.

By your logic no JP would post on a forum, visit blog, use office, create comic(and they love that).

Just because a lot of JP doesn't like 3rd pt tool or GM tool users, doesn't mean they only play on PS2.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-09-01 13:06:13  
The point of Apple is moot, because under normal circumstances you can't even play XI on it, not to mention that we were talking about affordable computers, to replace a console that they already own, to suggest them buying a $1200-1300 computer is ludicrous.

Saying PCs are more expensive there and saying Apple isn't a valid point is silly. but ok.

Lenovo G500:
JP: 37980 JPY (~364 USD)

UK: 240 (~405 USD)

UK is still more expensive.

EDIT: quick search for a US one: here. - $499

It could be that i'm looking at the cheapest place to buy PC in JP and a more expensive place on the other 2. But it's probably clear to say that it's not inaccessible or more expensive.

Quote:
I'm saying you're bullshitting because you brought up racism when it had nothing to do with what I said.
What you said is basically saying you don't believe what I said because of my race. Which to me (maybe I'm just an ignorant *** with no knowledge of what Racism mean, please correct me if I'm wrong), sounds like racism.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 13:07:27  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »

Exactly where'd you hear the story about JP doesn't like to buy PC???? Honestly I can't imagine life without computer and internet in a first world country, I just can't.

Back in 2013 I played FFXIV ARR and was in a raid FC, it was a requirement to play on the PC cuz of you can't focus target on PS3 at that time. My entire JP FC played on PC.

By your logic no JP would post on a forum, visit blog, use office, create comic(and they love that).

Just because a lot of JP doesn't like 3rd pt tool or GM tool users, doesn't mean they only play on PS2.
Where did I say all?
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-01 13:08:08  
Lenovo G500:

You don't need to live in Japan to know that Japanese do pay for computers >.> It's.......common sense.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-01 13:08:11  
They can afford computer just fine, dw about them; I go there every year; I have friends that live there; they don't have to choose between a laptop or food gtfo lol.

But the real question to this thread is: What event will you guys do once they merge server anyway? There is litterally nothing to do atm :/
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-09-01 13:09:47  
Lenovo G500:

You don't need to live in Japan to know that Japanese do pay for computers >.> It's.......common sense.

I know that =/ but It seems like common sense doesn't apply to this guy so I was trying to elaborate myself so I don't look like an ignorant *** :(
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-01 13:11:26  
Lenovo G500:

I know that =/ but It seems like common sense doesn't apply to this guy so I was trying to elaborate myself so I don't look like an ignorant *** :(

I guess Japan is still a land of mystery for most ppl? >.>
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 13:12:39  

Saying PCs are more expensive there and saying Apple isn't a valid point is silly. but ok.

Lenovo G500:

Quote:
I'm saying you're bullshitting because you brought up racism when it had nothing to do with what I said.
What you said is basically saying you don't believe what I said because of my race. Which to me (maybe I'm just an ignorant *** with no knowledge of what Racism mean, please correct me if I'm wrong), sounds like racism to me.
I don't give two shits about the UK, I really don't. You can still get a computer for cheaper in the US of the same quality.

Saying apple isn't valid isn't silly at all, can you play XI on a Macbook without spending even more money? and we were discussing cheap computers, not horridly over expensive ones.

What I said has nothing to do with your race, but your physical location. If you were living in Japan I'd rescind my point, but you aren't are you? It has all to do with physical location.

Also the person I was talking about is an electronics expert and is really good about saving money.

in fact the post I'm referencing he stated that it would be cheaper for him to purchase a JP computer here, and have it shipped over than it would be for his aunt to buy one locally.

So seriously: get over yourself.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 13:13:49  
Lenovo G500:

I never stated that not a single Japanese person has a single computer now did I?

Does the capability of reading comprehension escape everyone in this thread?
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 13:14:18  
Lenovo G500:

Common sense is trumped by facts 100% of the time, sorry.
 Leviathan.Behemothx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: BehemothZ
By Leviathan.Behemothx 2014-09-01 13:15:35  
Don't care about a merge in ffxi atm, but Jet should be merged off these forums ;)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-01 13:16:02  

Lenovo G500:

Quote:
What you said is basically saying you don't believe what I said because of my race. Which to me (maybe I'm just an ignorant *** with no knowledge of what Racism mean, please correct me if I'm wrong), sounds like racism to me.
I don't give two shits about the UK, I really don't. You can still get a computer for cheaper in the US of the same quality.

Saying apple isn't valid isn't silly at all, can you play XI on a Macbook without spending even more money? and we were discussing cheap computers, not horridly over expensive ones.

What I said has nothing to do with your race, but your physical location. If you were living in Japan I'd rescind my point, but you aren't are you? It has all to do with physical location.

Also the person I was talking about is an electronics expert and is really good about saving money.

in fact the post I'm referencing he stated that it would be cheaper for him to purchase a JP computer here, and have it shipped over than it would be for his aunt to buy one locally.

So seriously: get over yourself.

Everything is more expensive in JP, not just the computers, on the other hand they also have higher salaries. Price wouldn't stop them from buying a PC.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 13:17:42  
Leviathan.Behemothx said: »
Don't care about a merge in ffxi atm, but Jet should be merged off these forums ;)
Oh, how cute.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 13:17:56  

Everything is more expensive in JP, not just the computers, on the other hand they also have higher salaries. Price wouldn't stop them from buying a PC.

Yes, because you know everyone's budget.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-09-01 13:19:08  
Lenovo G500:

Common sense is trumped by facts 100% of the time, sorry.
I haven't seen you provide any facts yet, sorry.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7