フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » WAR Evasion Build
WAR Evasion Build
 Asura.Crewe
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Crewe
By Asura.Crewe 2009-08-09 13:19:50  
I know I know WARs don't evade etc.....

But For Duo & Solo purposes when your timers are getting eaten what would a good set up be?

Head: O-Hat
Neck: Evasion Torque
Earrings: Evasion Earring?/Elusive Earring
Body: Askar
Hands: Askar
Rings: ???/???
Back: Boxers
Waist: ???
Legs: ???
Feet: +12% Movement Speed/Hachiryu
 Bahamut.Etrayis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-09 13:22:09  
Haste
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2009-08-09 13:24:49  
for eva build i would go something like
Ohat | Eva Torque | Etheral | Eva Earring
SH+1 | Seiryu Kote | Wivre Ring | Wivre Ring
Boxer's | ??? | ??? | ???
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-09 13:26:18  
Haste > Evasion >.>

Why would you need to evade if you can keep Uts up at all times?
 Garuda.Ishkur
サーバ: Garuda
user: Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-08-09 13:45:49  
Korpg said:
Haste > Evasion >.>

Why would you need to evade if you can keep Uts up at all times?

Maybe he is cheap and he doesn't wanna waste many tools :P

what does it matter? he asked for eva build

Although like you I wouldn't make the effort...

Krazyrs build sounds good to me :P
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-09 13:47:18  
It's not hard to macro in Haste gear for Utsusemi...

Edit: Honestly though, if you really want to get an EVA build, go NIN or THF or MNK. It's so much better.
[+]
 Hades.Cheyne
サーバ: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2009-08-09 14:09:51  
Warriors have the evasion of a brick wall.

I say Haste.

or yeah if you're soloing/duoing NIN, THF or MNK.
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-08-09 14:36:56  
Think he means what should he wear after casting Utsi, when haste doesn't affect the recast timer.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-08-09 14:42:40  
Enternius said:
It's not hard to macro in Haste gear for Utsusemi...

Edit: Honestly though, if you really want to get an EVA build, go NIN or THF or MNK. It's so much better.

^ This. and my vote would be on monk, it's a fun DD like war with fairly high evasion + counterstance and tons of haste gears, nins fun too but i despise playing thf but thats just me :P
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-09 14:53:25  
so, to a WAR, haste has no other use but Utsusemi?

You mean that killing the mob before it kills you has no meaning to a WAR?

Since WAR evasion is ***anyway, and putting on all the evasion gear possible will make it just as evasive as a naked MNK anyway?
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-08-09 15:22:54  
Korpg said:
so, to a WAR, haste has no other use but Utsusemi?

You mean that killing the mob before it kills you has no meaning to a WAR?

Since WAR evasion is ***anyway, and putting on all the evasion gear possible will make it just as evasive as a naked MNK anyway?

Are you *trying* to be stupid? or just trolling as usual? That's not at all what I said.
The OP asked for an evasion build. Half the people said use a different job, half the people said go with haste. One person tried to actually help. I'm trying to explain to the people who said haste why he might possibly want eva.
[+]
 Ifrit.Showmo
サーバ: Ifrit
user: showmo456
By Ifrit.Showmo 2009-08-09 15:33:00  
I think the OP is asking for a idle set rather than a Utsusemi Set

WAR only has a C evasion, which is 225 Evasion Skill, so you won't evade a lot but if you still want to use a Evasion Set heres a decent setup:

Evasion Merits: Evasion Skill+8 with 4/4)
Evasion Torque: Skill+7
Evasion Earring: Skill+3
Boxer's Mantle: Skill+10
Emissary Boots: Skill+5 along with Parrying+5

Now fill the rest with Evasion+
Optical Hat: Eva+10
Askar Korazin: Eva+12
Askar Manopolas: Eva+8
Mithran Stone: Eva+3
Novia Earring: Eva+7 (Alternate is 1 of the Evasion+5 earrings)
Fighter's Cuisses/+1: Eva+3/+5
Wivre Rings/+1: Eva+2/+3
Goblin Cracker Eva+2

End Result: 258 Evasion Skill with Evasion+53

Macro in haste for Ichi/Ni

That's still pretty low evasion so I wouldn't recommend it for anything else but fun solo play & testing as it kills your overall DPS but there you go
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-09 15:46:27  
Altar said:

Are you *trying* to be stupid? or just trolling as usual? That's not at all what I said.
The OP asked for an evasion build. Half the people said use a different job, half the people said go with haste. One person tried to actually help. I'm trying to explain to the people who said haste why he might possibly want eva.

He wanted full evasion.

Here you go

Now, with the max possible haste build, he can get Uts:Ichi to 25 seconds and Uts:Ni to 33.75 seconds. With those two timers down to that, he won't NEED evasion setup >.>

And with the max 25% haste you get on gear, you can kill that much faster, without having to gimp yourself with this ***

Trolling? No, I'm just giving my own 2 cents on why WAR doesn't need evasion gear.....

I mean sure, 304 evasion is all great, but if you only do wimpy damage from it all, then whats the point?
 Ifrit.Showmo
user: showmo456
By Ifrit.Showmo 2009-08-09 15:57:21  
Korpg said:
I mean sure, 304 evasion is all great, but if you only do wimpy damage from it all, then whats the point?

I would guess survivability. There are plenty of mobs I have tried to solo as NIN with an offensive haste build but shadows go too quick even with 20%+ haste for timers.

But I can definitely see your point about killing things faster, it just all depends on the mob & if evading a number amount of attacks will make or break you.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-09 16:02:40  
Some mobs, like MNKs, suck for NINs and those who rely on Uts for evasion.

But then again, they are also very accurate, so evasion builds won't do ***either.

Blood tanking them is the way to go, because....

you can cure yourself....

and the mobs that have high acc/high attack speed usually have low attack, so keeping yourself cured isn't the problem....
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-08-09 16:23:39  
Is it really that difficult to look over your inv and the AH to see what pieces give you Eva on WAR? I mean, I can see people asking about WS build because there are alot of factors, but why do people need to ask advice on stacking one stat, and one stat only?

For tanking I have an Eva build, and a VIT build. I go through my inv and say "oh hey, this has VIT, I should wear it in my VIT build." and "This has Eva, I should put it in my Eva build.". If I feel especially saucy I'll go to the AH and say "oh hey that piece has Eva, I think I may buy it for my Eva build."
[+]
 Asura.Crewe
user: Crewe
By Asura.Crewe 2009-08-09 16:58:02  
Showmo said:
Korpg said:

I would guess survivability. There are plenty of mobs I have tried to solo as NIN with an offensive haste build but shadows go too quick even with 20%+ haste for timers.

But I can definitely see your point about killing things faster, it just all depends on the mob & if evading a number amount of attacks will make or break you.

I'm looking at WAR evasion for survival when my timers are down...

Utsusemi Build.
Walahra Turban 5% Haste
Loq. Earring Casting time 2%/Recast 1%
Nuevo Coselete Fast cast 5%
Dusk Gloves 3% Haste
Blitz Ring 1% Haste
Swift Belt 4% Haste
Byakko's Haidate 5% Haste
Dusk Ledelsens 2% Haste

Haste Total - 20%
Fast Cast Total - 7%?

The evasion build is meant for when my timers are down and are ~:02 away etc.
Running and kiting with Hermes' when needed.

There's no reason why you shouldn't have every aspect of a job covered. If I want survivability I'd play on my NIN, but trying to deck out WAR.

Sammitch said:
Is it really that difficult to look over your inv and the AH to see what pieces give you Eva on WAR? I mean, I can see people asking about WS build because there are alot of factors, but why do people need to ask advice on stacking one stat, and one stat only?

For tanking I have an Eva build, and a VIT build. I go through my inv and say "oh hey, this has VIT, I should wear it in my VIT build." and "This has Eva, I should put it in my Eva build.". If I feel especially saucy I'll go to the AH and say "oh hey that piece has Eva, I think I may buy it for my Eva build."

Some things arn't on the Auction House when you think about it... Ever here of Rare/EX, Hachiryu isn't on there, etc. etc.
 Carbuncle.Kyri
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-08-09 17:19:21  
i have eva set on my war from my ninja.. i still evade like a rock ; ;
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2009-08-10 16:37:37  
i would just keep my haste tp set on slap on /dnc and swap my gaxe from perdu to fortitude for survivability tbh
 Odin.Karusan
サーバ: Odin
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-08-10 19:22:11  
FFXIAH Item Search
Evasion Skill:http://www.ffxiah.com/item_search.php?&races[]=510&jobs[]=2&description=evasion%20skill
Evasion+:http://www.ffxiah.com/item_search.php?&races[]=510&jobs[]=2&description=evasion%2B
Select different slots and search, then pick the most useful piece.
[+]
 Ifrit.Clouse
user: Clouse
By Ifrit.Clouse 2009-08-10 19:47:32  
Karusan said:

win
 Pandemonium.Isiolia
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Isiolia
By Pandemonium.Isiolia 2009-08-11 08:20:04  
Most things you could reasonably set up to evade on WAR would be so low a level that you may as well just go /DNC. While I can understand the desire to have comprehensive gearsets and all, it's just plain pointless 99% of the time. It's like building a max MP set for WAR.
About the only use I can think of would be for something like the ACP mandragora fight or whatnot, where you have a bunch of really really weak mobs swarming you...and even then...Change Job?
 Remora.Dubont
サーバ: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-11 09:41:22  
Personally, i think all of you people trying to derail the topic are a bunch of ***. He asked a question about evasion for war not haste. So, either offer something to his question or stfu. Saying all the haste > eva bs is really HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE dont you think? Thats like me asking for a ws set for cor and someone saying rng > cor. But to the OP, http://myffxigear.kicks-***.org/ go there click ur job race and what stats u want
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-08-11 10:48:21  
Sad to say, I am with Korpg here. A WAR eva build is just not going to do you any good against a meaningful enemy. Sure you might be able to take 0 damage against VE or LL.

WAR 'Evasion' set

'Physical damage taken down set' (PDT) is about the only set that is going to make WAR survive longer.

The only jobs that can get away with a build is SAM (maybe DNC and COR too) using a parry build OR NIN, THF (maybe MNK and DNC too) using an evasion build. Every other job should just be stacking PDT

(Ignoring PLD and shield build, but that's different)

Obviously you need to be stacking Haste (and fastcast) with your shadows spells and using your normal TP/WS gear while shadows are up, so only wearing your PDT set when shadows are down.

(NB: This is how PLD/NIN tanks, so maybe look and a PLD/NIN guide)
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-11 11:17:32  
Argettio said:
Sad to say, I am with Korpg here. A WAR eva build is just not going to do you any good against a meaningful enemy. Sure you might be able to take 0 damage against VE or LL.

WAR 'Evasion' set

'Physical damage taken down set' (PDT) is about the only set that is going to make WAR survive longer.

The only jobs that can get away with a build is SAM (maybe DNC and COR too) using a parry build OR NIN, THF (maybe MNK and DNC too) using an evasion build. Every other job should just be stacking PDT

Obviously you need to be stacking Haste (and fastcast) with your shadows spells and using your normal TP/WS gear while shadows are up, so only wearing your PDT set when shadows are down.

tbh hes not asking for a lecture or a guide on how to play the job he just wants to know a good gear setup for what he wants to do, just like me wanting a ws setup or a haste setup for blm. Maybe he just wants to play around and *gasp* HAVE FUN something not many ppl do in this game anymore. If he wants an evasion set on war, either say x gear or gtfo seriously...
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-08-11 11:58:44  
Dubont said:
Argettio said:

WAR 'Evasion' set

tbh hes not asking for a lecture or a guide on how to play the job he just wants to know a good gear setup for what he wants to do, just like me wanting a ws setup or a haste setup for blm. Maybe he just wants to play around and *gasp* HAVE FUN something not many ppl do in this game anymore. If he wants an evasion set on war, either say x gear or gtfo seriously...

I didn't say 'My way or gfto' I explained that WAR + evasion build wont work on harder mobs.

I am not stopping him trying, but I am trying to stop him dying, as if he tired to duo a Ash Dragon as WAR/NIN and RDM/WHM with an evasion build on his WAR (this is one situation where a NIN with eva build works) they will probably wipe.

I didn't realise that trying to help people to make more informed decisions was frowned upon.

As I am not allowed to give sensible advice: Sure your EVA build is pretty good... have fun trying it out.
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-11 12:09:00  
once again, he wasnt asking about how the job should be played he was asking about a good evasion build for it.
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-08-11 12:13:41  
Dubont said:
once again, he wasnt asking about how the job should be played he was asking about a good evasion build for it.

Crewe said:

But For Duo & Solo purposes when your timers are getting eaten what would a good set up be?

Read the OP.

When your timers are down, what should you wear (I am paraphrasing); the answer: Darksteel.
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-11 22:01:18  
Argettio said:
Dubont said:

Crewe said:

Read the OP.

When your timers are down, what should you wear (I am paraphrasing); the answer: Darksteel.

he clearly meant what would a good evasion setup be. Learn to read between the lines pl0x