First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-19 20:44:38  
Altimaomega said: »
Its interesting how saying "anti-taxes" creates such a shitstorm and "makes me a target".

Odin.Jassik said: »
It's just a good example of the perceived bullying of conservative ideas. They're generally not actually conservative ideas (no taxes is even radical for a libertarian) and they're generally presented in a really dumb or aggressive manner. This one was a moronic opinion presented as an insult to another poster. Hence the backlash and eventual claims of bullying or antagonizing.

[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-04-19 20:47:05  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Its interesting how saying "anti-taxes" creates such a shitstorm and "makes me a target".

Why is that interesting? Its a stupid comment that you supported with nothing.

And you guys support with "oh noes what would happen to the roads and the fireman!"

Real groundbreaking research.

Then said shitstorm ensues.

Then OMG misplaced apostrophe!
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-19 20:49:04  

Why is that interesting? Its a stupid comment that you supported with nothing.

And you guys support with "Legitimate Argument"

Then I say nothing because I lost again.

FTFY.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-19 20:53:53  
Shiva.Onorgul said: »
See kids: we on the left will argue pointless ***amongst ourselves, even when someone is making a target of himself yet again.

It's about accuracy and sometimes it helps to admit when mistakes are made. The neo-con movement is much older than you proposed:

Dwight Eisenhower Nov. 8th 1954 said:
Dear Ed:

1 I think that such answer as I can give to your letter of November first will be arranged in reverse order--at least I shall comment first on your final paragraph.

You keep harping on the Constitution; I should like to point out that the meaning of the Constitution is what the Supreme Court says it is. Consequently no powers are exercised by the Federal government except where such exercise is approved by the Supreme Court (lawyers) of the land.

2 Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things. Among them are H. L. Hunt (you possibly know his background), a few other Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional politician or business man from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid.

So when I originally posted it was about 50yrs to their height, no you weren't being complex, just inaccurate with the time of their conception.
By Altimaomega 2014-04-19 20:54:48  
Assuming that anti-tax means no tax then going right to roads and fireman.

Thats your legitimate argument... /clap
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-19 20:56:07  

Are you familiar with the Rural Metro Fire Department?
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-19 20:56:20  
I was wrong. Now can you explain why this is relevant when it was just a throwaway jab at the inefficiency of new political groups rather than an in-depth analysis of a sub-cadre of politicians?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-19 20:57:22  

Feel free to elaborate on your anti-tax argument at any time, something we have been waiting for while you danced and deflected and blamed everyone but yourself for 2 pages.
By Altimaomega 2014-04-19 20:57:41  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Nope.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-19 21:13:26  
Accuracy is always relevant when it comes to history and politics.

It's how you know when certain Republicans of today say they're the party of Lincoln and you can't help but laugh at the factual inaccuracy of the statement with respect to the defining political ideologies of then and now.

The modern day neoconservative and the ideologies they espouse go back further than the inception of the term "neoconservative". Like many American political groups it sheds it skin and changes it's name with the times.

Essentially we can thank "Southern Strategy" first employed by Herbert Hoover and then Richard Nixon for the confusion people have when it comes to what the modern Republican party is, what the Democratic party was, and where the ideals of modern neo-conservatism stem from.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-19 21:19:01  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Nope.

It a privatized Fire department that serves over 700 cities throughout the United States. Groups claiming to be fiscal conservatives in parts of the country removed local taxes that provided fire fighting services, forcing home owners to subscribe to privatized services.

You may find that hard to believe, or you may find that awesome.
But the point is, it's already happening.
By Altimaomega 2014-04-19 21:19:23  

Feel free to elaborate on your anti-tax argument at any time, something we have been waiting for while you danced and deflected and blamed everyone but yourself for 2 pages.

Whats the point, you people think we need more taxes. When I see anti-tax, no more taxes comes to mind. Not (Do away with all taxes) like all you extremist jumped right on. Then the OP's reasoning came into play.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-19 21:20:21  
You just don't want to indulge the masochist who dropped a flogger on the floor, tied himself down, and pretended to complain when nature took its course, right?
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-04-19 21:24:34  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Oh look. 1. 2. 3. 4. Almost everyone is here.

If you would, for the guy you like to refer to as a neocon, can you please remind me of one extreme right position I have taken?

Flushed the rest out, its just like hunting pheasants.

I think this 6 on 1 trolling has verified my point.

I sit in awe of the guy talking down to people while actually bragging about wasting tens of thousands of dollars and years of his life getting a degree in English. If you like English, read. If you want a career go to college for something useful.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-19 21:28:43  
I sit in awe of someone who *** about people using insults and then turns around to use them indiscriminately.

But since you don't actually want a response: an English degree is one of the most useful and flexible degrees in the arts. Go cross-reference top-level executives and their degrees: I promise, it will surprise you.
By Altimaomega 2014-04-19 21:29:00  

If you would, for the guy you like to refer to as a neocon, can you please remind me of one extreme right position I have taken?

I sit in awe of the guy talking down to people while actually bragging about wasting tens of thousands of dollars and years of his life getting a degree in English. If you like English, read. If you want a career go to college for something useful.

I need to get on my mules so I can +1 you some more.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-19 21:30:41  
"Quick, they're ganging up on me! Let's gang back! It's morally acceptable to *** about something and then do it like a hypocrite, Jesus totally said so!"
By Altimaomega 2014-04-19 21:32:02  
"Quick, they're ganging up on me! Let's gang back! It's morally acceptable to *** about something and then do it like a hypocrite, Jesus totally said so!"

So you don't deny you do it...

(I can see the PMs going off)
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-19 21:35:14  
Deny...

I've already explained why you draw the response that you do, twit. Part of explaining it required acknowledging it. I did that four pages ago.

I get it: I use more than 10 words and/or 150 characters, so you don't read. If that's the case, why not just blacklist me literally or figuratively? I presume it's because you enjoy the impotent rage that comes with thinking that I'm out to get you or something similarly paranoiac.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-19 21:37:47  

Nope, your point is still nonexistant, as is altima's anti-tax stance. Yep, you are losing.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-19 21:39:23  

Whats the point, you people think we need more taxes. When I see anti-tax, no more taxes comes to mind. Not (Do away with all taxes) like all you extremist jumped right on. Then the OP's reasoning came into play.

I have no idea what the point of you continuing to post is after this comment. You literally admit to not wanting to contribute anything to the conversation, instead just acting like a victim.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-19 21:41:38  
When all else fails.. move the goal posts!!!
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-04-19 21:41:41  
Deny...

I've already explained why you draw the response that you do, twit. Part of explaining it required acknowledging it. I did that four pages ago.

I get it: I use more than 10 words and/or 150 characters, so you don't read. If that's the case, why not just blacklist me literally or figuratively? I presume it's because you enjoy the impotent rage that comes with thinking that I'm out to get you or something similarly paranoiac.

I don't Blist you because your banter amuses me. Its really funny that you think, that I think that you out to get me.

When it comes right down to it we are all really *** bored and this seems to pass the time.
By Altimaomega 2014-04-19 21:44:21  

I have no idea what the point of you continuing to post is after this comment. You literally admit to not wanting to contribute anything to the conversation, instead just acting like a victim.

I'm contributing a great deal to the OP, your helping bunches too! You portraying me as a victim does not make me a victim, i've noticed you love to do that.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-19 21:49:34  
Not that actual definitions matter to people who constantly misuse words for hyperbole, but "anti-tax" means refusal to pay taxes. What you're talking about is the TEA party (taxed enough already) public message, which isn't "anti-tax" but "anti-tax money being spent on stuff I don't like".
By Altimaomega 2014-04-19 21:51:18  
Not that actual definitions matter to people who constantly misuse words for hyperbole, but "anti-tax" means refusal to pay taxes. What you're talking about is the TEA party (taxed enough already) public message, which isn't "anti-tax" but "anti-tax money being spent on stuff I don't like".

I see, well fml for for getting that confused.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-19 21:55:02  

Reread that...
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-04-19 21:56:46  
This might help:

I know it's probably not big enough for a proper crucifixion, but you guys could probably drive a couple of those stakes into your fingers to really drive home the persecution you must be feeling.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-19 21:58:07  

Or you could just have just said "I meant 'in favor of reducing taxes'" in the first place and stopped the whole debate. That's what devolves so many of these discussions: a stout refusal to ever admit error. This isn't prison; you're allowed to show weakness without fearing a shank-and-rape in the showers next Tuesday.

Thing is, though, your politics as you've described them seem very strongly in favor of banning all taxes, so the "confusion" on our parts, if confusion it was, was not misplaced.

Incidentally, since there are literally anti-tax people floating in the ranks of the Tea Party (generally the deluded twerps at the bottom who will never benefit from their association with the group, anyhow), I do somewhat wonder how they think the military they're so fond of will operate without taxation. Turn the whole thing into a for-profit mercenary force? My cynicism wants to laugh at that but it keeps reminding me that I'd be better off digging a hole and slitting my throat if it ever happened.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-19 21:58:55  
"crown-o-thorns"

God, I love capitalism.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8